BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warner Bros. Drops Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’

5 posters

Go down

Warner Bros. Drops Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’ Empty Warner Bros. Drops Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’

Post by WyldeMan 9/12/2018, 7:28 am

Warner Bros. Not Developing ‘Superman’ Movies With Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’
Warner Bros. Drops Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’ Bvs-2910
This has been in the wind for some time, but Henry Cavill will not be reprising his role as Superman in Warner Bros.’ DC films as others from Justice League such as Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) and Jason Momoa move forward on their respective superhero features.

The word has been out that Warner Bros. has been mulling going in a completely different direction with its Superman canon, even considering casting Michael B. Jordan in the role down the road. But at the present moment a Supergirl movie is the studio’s priority as Deadline exclusively broke back in August. Oren Uziel is working on the Supergirl script. According to DC mythology, the character was a teen when she escaped the doomed planet Krypton along with the infant who grew up as Clark Kent.

Cavill we have confirmed could not make a cameo in New Line’s Shazam! due to scheduling conflicts on Mission: Impossible – Fallout. Similar to Cavill, there’s been heavy buzz that Ben Affleck will not be moving forward as Batman in Matt Reeves’ reboot.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros. Drops Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’ Empty Re: Warner Bros. Drops Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’

Post by WyldeMan 9/12/2018, 7:32 am

It would appear that moving forward the only current Justice League members who will be continuing on will be Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa with everybody else getting a total reboot and probably a black Superman because that will immediately fix everything that is wrong with the DC Universe.

Honestly though, I don't really care about these characters anymore and I haven't seen Wonder Woman, Aquaman or Justice League and I'm not planning to even though two of them are currently on Hulu.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros. Drops Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’ Empty Re: Warner Bros. Drops Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/12/2018, 12:21 pm

Cavill did a great job as Superman in Justice League. Recasting him now after getting the character right finally doesn't seem like a wise choice to me. Knowing WB and DC, they will probably do worse in the reboot and fans will be begging to get Cavill back. lol

Dropping Cavill while Gal and Jason remain is not good, I don't approve. Ben I could understand with his drinking and age.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/12/2018, 1:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Cavill did a great job as Superman in Justice League. Recasting him now after getting the character right finally doesn't seem like a wise choice to me. Knowing WB and DC, they will probably do worse in the reboot and fans will be begging to get Cavill back. lol

Dropping Cavill while Gal and Jason remain is not good, I don't approve. Ben I could understand with his drinking and age.

Looks like the certain JL members aren't quite what DC has in mind for their diverse approach to the future.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/12/2018, 3:39 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Cavill did a great job as Superman in Justice League. Recasting him now after getting the character right finally doesn't seem like a wise choice to me. Knowing WB and DC, they will probably do worse in the reboot and fans will be begging to get Cavill back. lol

Looks like the certain JL members aren't quite what DC has in mind for their diverse approach to the future.

I'm just not seeing the full picture with this whole Joker solo movie they're doing with Phoenix. I don't think they have ANY idea either. They're trying everything and seeing what sticks. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/12/2018, 4:36 pm

This is great news. I definitely want a reboot of Superman with another origin story for those who are not familiar with Superman. I think they should keep Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, though. Dropping Cavill is one thing but dropping Eisenberg would be catastrophic.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/12/2018, 8:23 pm

Not that I’m a big fan in general or as Superman, but man that’s some bullshit

I've been about DC for as long as I can remember, but it’s like they’re trying to turn people off now, it’s so sad
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/12/2018, 8:39 pm

Tyger wrote:Not that I’m a big fan in general or as Superman, but man that’s some bullshit

I've been about DC for as long as I can remember, but it’s like they’re trying to turn people off now, it’s so sad

On top of this wonderful news I also read earlier that Jon Snow aka Kit Harrington is a person of interest for the next Bruce Wayne and may have already tested for the role over the Summer. It's like nobody has been paying attention to his film career. Rolling Eyes
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/12/2018, 11:12 pm

LOL fucking Warner Bros. This is beautiful news.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/13/2018, 4:43 am

Marvel had a few “duds” when they first started to put out the newer movies like Spider-Man 3 and Iron Man 2. But now they have a formula which works and release hit after hit after hit.

DC can barely make it past one movie. I love DC superheroes but Warner Bros. sucks.

The only reboot I would welcome at this point is Flash. Other than that, I’m done with DC comic movies.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2018, 5:22 am

joey con carne wrote:Marvel had a few “duds” when they first started to put out the newer movies like Spider-Man 3 and Iron Man 2. But now they have a formula which works and release hit after hit after hit.

DC can barely make it past one movie. I love DC superheroes but Warner Bros. sucks.

The only reboot I would welcome at this point is Flash. Other than that, I’m done with DC comic movies.

Marvel seems to have their game plan mapped out years ahead including what to do with the characters but DC seems to just feel like you can slap them all together because they've got release dates and just worry about logistics and things like details and planning later.

I have ZERO interest in a single upcoming DC movie, maybe four years ago I wanted to see Momoa as Aquaman but after all this time I'm totally burned out by even the idea of seeing it and it doesn't even hit theaters until December, why does it take so many years for them to make terrible movies? Sometimes I wonder if they'd given the DC universe to Uwe Boll, if we'd still be in this mess. But instead they just keep announcing multiple projects for each character, like Harley and Joker and hoping that one of their multiple choices won't be a total financial failure and then thinking by making Superman black and Batman a tiny little englishman, things will suddenly get better. Maybe if they worried more about creativity, writing and faithful adaptations they would stop thinking that random thoughts make good decisions.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down