BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic Novels

+2
detective392
WyldeMan
6 posters

BDTV :: Media

Go down

Graphic Novels Empty Graphic Novels

Post by WyldeMan 12/14/2014, 11:34 am

You know what to do...

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Graphic Novels Empty Re: Graphic Novels

Post by detective392 12/14/2014, 1:35 pm

Been thinking of starting either Constantine, Swamp Thing or Justice League Dark. Anyone read any of these?
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/16/2014, 11:07 am

detective392 wrote:Been thinking of starting either Constantine, Swamp Thing or Justice League Dark. Anyone read any of these?

No I haven't, but I've heard good things about the new Swamp Thing.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/16/2014, 11:10 am

A IS FOR ARTERIAL SPRAY! B IS FOR BLOOD-SOAKED! C IS FOR CORPSES!

Eight years old. Blonde-haired elementary school psychopath. Looks so cute while burying his eviscerated friends in the sandbox.

With humor as black as dried blood, Norman looks set to join the padded-cell pantheon of murderous lunatics – and this time he’s bringing his lunch money!

Inspired by his horror movie heroes Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and Michael Myers, Norman brings murder to the schoolyard in this black comedy horror from creator Stan Silas.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2014, 12:24 pm

Everyone’s favorite tough-talking-to-Tarkin, mind-probe-resisting, scoundrel-liking princess is back in her own comic book series. Coming in March 2015 from the House of Ideas (also known as Marvel), Star Wars: Princess Leia is a five-issue miniseries written by the legendary Mark Waid (Daredevil, among many others) and illustrated by fan favorite Terry Dodson (Uncanny X-Men). The title picks up where A New Hope leaves off — the Rebels have blown up the Death Star, but Leia must come to terms with the destruction of her own home planet — and is canonical within the Star Wars universe. So, if you want to know the Alderaan princesses’ full story, it’ll be essential reading. (In case you missed it, StarWars.com spoke with Waid and the Star Wars line’s other writers shortly after Marvel announced each title.)

Check out some exclusive preview pages from issue #1 by Terry Dodson below (depicting the end of A New Hope‘s medal ceremony, which looks downright awesome in Dodson’s fun, cartoon-like style), and get ready for a new era of Star Wars comics and impatience for walking carpets.

• When Princess Leia Organa was captured by the Empire as a Rebel spy, she never betrayed her convictions, even in the face of the complete destruction of her home world, Alderaan. When her rescue came, she grabbed a blaster and joined the fight, escaping back to the Rebel Alliance and helping strike the biggest blow against the Empire—the destruction of the Death Star. But in the aftermath of that victory, the question remains...what is a princess without a world?

• Writer Mark Waid (Daredevil, S.H.I.E.L.D.) and artist Terry Dodson (Avengers & X-Men: Axis, Uncanny X-Men) bring us a story of Leia’s quest to help her people and find her place in the galaxy.

Graphic Novels Stwlei10
Graphic Novels Prince10
Graphic Novels Prince11

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/26/2014, 8:06 am

This should be moved to Media subforum! Let's make it happen, guys. More traffic! More power!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/26/2014, 11:14 am

joey con carne wrote:This should be moved to Media subforum! Let's make it happen, guys. More traffic! More power!

Now entering God Mode....

Your request has been granted.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/15/2015, 7:55 pm

Graphic Novels Jla15_pr_580_54d4445ad96bd6-91601900

DC Entertainment has announced today that following their world-combining event Convergence, DC Comics will begin a new direction for the DCU offering more inclusive and accessible comics, including 24 brand-new series that will begin at issue number one, as well as 25 on-going, bestselling fan-favorite series that will continue without a break in the issue numbering.

“This heralds in a new era for the DC Universe which will allow us to publish something for everyone, be more expansive and modern in our approach and tell stories that better reflect the society around us,” said DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Dan DiDio. “Whether you’ve been a DC fan your whole life, or whether you are new to comics – there will be a book for you beginning in June.”

“More than ever before, DC Comics fans are being exposed to our rich portfolio of characters through multiple sources, including an unprecedented number of highly successful TV shows, video games and upcoming major motion pictures,” said Co-Publisher Jim Lee. “We are looking to extend that experience within publishing to ensure there is a comic book for everyone. For example, fans of the ARROW television show may want more stories about BLACK CANARY. Now they can find modern, fresh takes on the character in the pages of her standalone series both in stores and digitally.”

Fans will get their first look at upcoming storylines in DC Entertainment’s Free Comic Book Day issue, “DC Comics: Divergence,” available Saturday, May 2 and set to feature three 8-page previews for the June releases of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s Batman, as well as Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok’s launch of the “Darkseid War” within Justice League featuring the biggest villains in the DCU – Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor, and Gene Luen Yang’s DC Comics debut with celebrated artist John Romita, Jr on Superman.

“In this new era of storytelling, story will trump continuity as we continue to empower creators to tell the best stories in the industry,” said DiDio.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/15/2015, 10:28 pm

25 new titles with 10 being Batman, 10 being Superman and the other 5 being various team ups of the justice league.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/7/2015, 10:14 pm

Since Supergirl is coming to the small screen, anybody reading the New 52 version? I've seen some of the artwork, and it definitely suits my taste, but how's the story?

Never read anything of hers.

Graphic Novels Supergirl_new52
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/1/2015, 4:30 pm

Anybody reading the New 52 Batman book by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo?

I've never been much of a Bats fan as far as the comic has been concerned. Miller's TDKR is about the only one I truly enjoyed, but I have to say, Snyder is doing wonders with this series.

It can get a little wordy at times, but damn it's good, and Capullo's art has never been better.

I just finished his Zero Year - Dark City arc (issues 25-27, 29-33), in which he introduces the Riddler. I always hated the character, but damn if Snyder didn't make it work. Never had a Bat book that was so hard to put down.

If you're a fan of the Bat, do yourself a favour, and check out Snyder's iteration.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/1/2015, 4:40 pm

I read the Detective Comics Batman with all the really great Court of Owls stuff but that was the last Bats I've read. Usually save up a years worth of 52 and check em out when they're released in collections. This way I can just read them outside in the summer while kickin back. Can't seem to read comics any other way.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/1/2015, 6:39 pm

The Court of the Owls arc in Snyder's run was also awesome.

I'm the same as you. I can only read in bunches. Either via collected editions. If I buy/read single issues, I usually wait until I have near a years worth before reading them.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/1/2015, 9:09 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:The Court of the Owls arc in Snyder's run was also awesome.

I'm the same as you. I can only read in bunches. Either via collected editions. If I buy/read single issues, I usually wait until I have near a years worth before reading them.

I've found that each 52 volume takes me roughly 45 minutes to get through depending on how much I slow down to check out the artwork. That's usually enough time to kick back in the sun before I need to start moving. They're almost like a timed exercise in getting my lazy ass moving again and they're just entertaining to read.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 7/22/2015, 8:31 am

I just bought all 5 Deluxe Editions of "Y: The Last Man".  Sweetness!
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/12/2015, 8:08 pm

Today I picked up Frank Miller's newest Dark Knight adventure. Dark Knight III: The Master Race

Graphic Novels Dark-knight-3-covers20copy

Decent first issue, but it also made me remember why I hate single issues so much. I was finished before I started. You do get to see Wonder Women boob and nipple, so there's that.

Comes with a companion mini-comic of Atom #1.

Picked up the new Batman/TMNT crossover as well.

Graphic Novels BMTMNT-Cv1-ds-0913320copy

Decent read. Will pick the rest of the series up (6 issues total) but will probably wait until I have all 6 before reading them. I like the story, but that whole single issue thing comes back again. haha.

The Batmobile looks hideous. Looks like the artists 10 year old kid drew it.  pig

Graphic Novels Battmnt-t41-600x403

Last edited by Rusty on 5/13/2019, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/1/2016, 2:05 am

Barnes & Noble are having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on Marvel Graphic Novels. Ends August 7.

Includes Omnibuses.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/marvel-graphic-novels-buy-2-get-the-3rd-free/_/N-2jpp
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

BDTV :: Media

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum