BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018)

4 posters

Go down

Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018) Empty Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018)

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2018, 3:51 pm

Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018) Phrgzx10
Without warning, we have a new installment of the Crocodile Dundee series, but it's not what you think. Danny McBride is apparently the son of Crocodile Dundee as shown in the new trailer for a movie called Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home. The project is produced by Rimfire Films, the company behind the first two Dundee movies, but what exactly is it that we just saw in the 40-second clip? Is it really a feature-length movie coming out this summer like the trailer promises? Is it a Super Bowl LII commercial? At this point, McBride is selling it as an actual movie.

In an interview with People Magazine, Danny McBride expressed his love for the original Crocodile Dundee movies and claims that he's ready to take it to a new generation. The actor/director recently sat down for an interview with Rolling Stone and there was no mention of this mysterious project, not even a hint. However, McBride told People that he's excited to get the project out into the world. And apparently he will be starring alongside the original Crocodile Dundee Paul Hogan, who is playing his dad. Paul Hogan, with the help of some friends, is bringing the beloved character back in a fun and surprising way with this mysterious project. He had this to say about it.

"Crocodile Dundee is a film that has stood the test of time. It was a defining moment in my life and one of my proudest accomplishments. Throughout the past few years, I've been thinking about how to bring Dundee to a new generation. I'm excited to introduce the new Crocodile Dundee to the world and look forward to sharing more news about those involved very soon."

The short trailer features Danny McBride as the son of Crocodile Dundee in what we can only imagine is the Australian Outback. McBride falls into "character," but there's no accent. Instead he sounds like Kenny Powers reciting some famous lines from the Crocodile Dundee movies, including talking about his knife. It's painfully awkward and all pretty damn funny. There appears to be no rating and the end of the trailer says that Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home arrives this summer. The official synopsis for Dundee has been released as well and it looks to be a legit movie.

"Crocodile Dundee is back," says the synopsis on the official site. Apparently, Crocodile Dundee is missing in the Australian Outback and his son, Brian Dundee has to go find him. The synopsis reads.

"Well, actually, he's missing in the Outback. And the only person who might be able to find him is the loudmouthed American son no one knew he had. Introducing Danny McBride as Brian Dundee. This son of a legend is forced to channel his Aussie roots as he embarks on the ultimate adventure in the land down under. It's time to live up to the family name. Unlike his father, Brian grew up a true city kid. But that won't stop him from picking up his dad's oversized knife and launching into the Australian outback, completely unprepared for what lies ahead."

Brian Dundee grew up in the city and it's already evident from the trailer that he doesn't have the same skillset as his father. McBride claims that 95 percent of the role is the vest, so we'll see how well that goes for him.

"I'm not going to lie to you, to be a real Crocodile Dundee, I think 95% of it is the vest and then 5% is just being able to not fall down and stay on your feet."

The original 1986 Crocodile Dundee was a comedy written by and starring Paul Hogan as the Australian bushman Mick Dundee who comes to New York City. The movie became a huge success and grossed $328 million at the worldwide box office and turned out two sequels, 1988's Crocodile Dundee II and 2001's Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles, which were criticized for not living up to the original movie. But will Dundee be able to top all three of the original movies? You can check out the trailer for Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home below, from Dundee Movie's YouTube page.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 1/21/2018, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018) Empty Re: Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018)

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2018, 3:53 pm

I feel like this is an elaborate joke McBride is playing....but I also think this might be real. Shocked

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018) Empty Re: Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018)

Post by Rusty 1/19/2018, 6:07 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I feel like this is an elaborate joke McBride is playing....but I also think this might be real. Shocked

LOL, either way, I would absolutely watch it Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2018, 6:15 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I feel like this is an elaborate joke McBride is playing....but I also think this might be real. Shocked

LOL, either way, I would absolutely watch it Very Happy

I feel like this shouldn't be happening but can it really be any worse than Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2018, 8:43 am

Is Danny McBride's Crocodile Dundee Movie a Joke?
Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018) Ph2yaz10
Seriously? What's the deal? Is Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home a real movie? Or is it some huge elaborate prank that Danny McBride and his Vice Principles team is pulling off for laughs? Many people were asking this question on Friday afternoon, when, unannounced, the trailer for a fourth Crocodile Dundee movie dropped out of the blue, taking everyone by surprise. As far as all the evidence supports, it's a very real movie and it is coming out this summer.

Still, people are shaking their head, and a majority believe that Crocodile Dundee 4 is all some big joke, and that it's most likely tied into a Super Bowl stunt. The film is being released by Rimfire Films, the production company behind the first three movies, which were distributed to great success in America by Paramount Pictures. Rimfire hasn't just set up a Youtube channel for the movie, they also have a very professional looking movie website to go along with it, which you can find at DundeeMovie.com.

There is already some great looking promotional art for the movie, which shows Danny McBride in the traditional Crocodile Dundee outfit, with a Koala sitting on his shoulder. Along with the trailer, we also get a few production stills of Danny McBride in action on set. Sure, these could have been taken during production of a long Super Bowl commercial, perhaps one that runs 90 minutes. But those costs millions of dollars, probably more than the actual budget of this low budget comedy. That's just way to much money for some gag to be carried out by McBride and pals. And if it's a Super Bowl commercial, who is the sponsor? There are no other labels attached to the website, so this isn't coming from Pepsi or Budwiser as far as we can tell. The website also has a pretty extensive synopsis for this movie, along with a character profile for Brian Dundee, McBride's character.

"Crocodile Dundee is back! Well, actually, he's missing in the Outback. And the only person who might be able to find him is the loudmouthed American son no one knew he had. Introducing Danny McBride as Brian Dundee. This son of a legend is forced to channel his Aussie roots as he embarks on the ultimate adventure in the land down under. It's time to live up to the family name. Unlike his father, Brian grew up a true city kid. But that won't stop him from picking up his dad's oversized knife and launching into the Australian outback, completely unprepared for what lies ahead."

Apparently series creator and original star Paul Hogan wanted to make a new sequel for younger audiences, and the best way he thought to do that was bring in Danny McBride. Hogan is still appearing in the film as the missing Crocodile Dundee. All involved shot the movie on the down low, with McBride able to keep everything secret as he only talked about his upcoming Halloween movie in the press, which he is co-writing but not starring in.

People Magazine revealed Dundee to the world as an exclusive. And they managed to get a couple of quotes from the actors involved. Paul Hogan is said to have gotten the movie off the ground with the help of some friends, and there is no mention of Paramount Pictures at all, which means he must have gotten the rights back, or perhaps they will be announced as a distribution partner at a later date. Hogan has nothing but fond memories for his Dundee character, no doubt his most memorable. He says this about the movie.

"Crocodile Dundee is a film that has stood the test of time. It was a defining moment in my life and one of my proudest accomplishments. Throughout the past few years, I've been thinking about how to bring Dundee to a new generation. I'm excited to introduce the new Crocodile Dundee to the world and look forward to sharing more news about those involved very soon."

In the first trailer, McBride barley attempts an Australian accent, before playing with a giant knife to deliver Dundee's best catch phrase. About playing the character, the actor insists it's not too hard.

"I'm not going to lie to you, to be a real Crocodile Dundee, I think 95% of it is the vest and then 5% is just being able to not fall down and stay on your feet."

So, while everyone was focused on Danny McBride resurrecting horror icon Micheal Myers for his Blumhouse Halloween, no one knew he was hiding another weird reboot under his arm. You can take a look at the trailer, promotional art and behind-the-scenes images here. And it sounds like we can expect a full length trailer showing McBride and Hogan together sometime in the next couple of weeks. Perhaps the trailer will drop at the Super Bowl? But again, we doubt it because one :30 spot seriously, no joke, costs as much as this movie did to make. To reiterate, this is not a prank or a ruse. It's a real movie. And it's coming this summer. Surprise.
Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018) Ph9trf10

Dundee: The Son of a Legend (Paul Hogan / Danny McBride) (Summer 2018) Phq51u10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2018, 8:45 am

Crocodile Dundee and Halloween for back to back projects? McBride definitely believes in diversity when making sequels.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/21/2018, 2:06 pm

This will probably be the first project McBride has done that he won't be able to say the word fuck.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2018, 2:12 pm

Dammit, I should have known Chris Hemsworth would weasel his way into this.............. Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/22/2018, 6:10 pm

haha ... I hope this is legit. Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2018, 7:20 pm

Rusty wrote:haha ... I hope this is legit. Very Happy

Most seem to think it's a Super Bowl stunt. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/28/2018, 11:24 am

As earlier rumored, it turns out this is all just a big publicity stunt for the Super Bowl as part of "Tourism Austria" which Hemsworth is an ambassador for.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/29/2018, 7:57 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/1/2018, 7:35 pm

Weak trailer but I'll check it out for the cast and comedy.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/2/2018, 6:14 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Weak trailer but I'll check it out for the cast and comedy.

But it's only going to be trailers....
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/2/2018, 6:38 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Weak trailer but I'll check it out for the cast and comedy.

Let him be special for a moment.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/2/2018, 11:00 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Let him be special for a moment.
I just read your posts as the parents from Bob's Burgers
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/2/2018, 5:11 pm

WyldeMan wrote:As earlier rumored, it turns out this is all just a big publicity stunt for the Super Bowl as part of "Tourism Austria" which Hemsworth is an ambassador for.

Ah! It makes sense now. I didn't read your posts guys. I just jumped straight to the trailer. Laughing
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2018, 7:26 am

‘Crocodile Dundee’ Sequel Trailers Finally Explained During Super Bowl
For weeks, star-studded trailers for Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home have been making their Internet rounds making people ask, “Is this a real movie?” Our questions were finally answered tonight during the Super Bowl when it was revealed that all of these bizarre movie trailers to a what seemed like another sequel to the 1986 film Crocodile Dundee were nothing but an elaborate tourism campaign for Australia. Well played, mate.

A trailer during the game featured “stars” of the movie Danny McBride and Chris Hemsworth acting out as if it were a real movie until McBride broke character and admitted that all of these trailers were an ad campaign for Tourism Australia. The final trailer also featured a cameo from the original Dundee star Paul Hogan.

In the weeks leading up to this punchline, there were various trailers that featured an all-Australian supporting cast including Hugh Jackman, Margot Robbie, Russell Crowe, Ruby Rose, Liam Hemsworth, Isla Fisher, Luke Bracey and Jessica Mauboy.

The sequel was presented as a buddy comedy, featuring McBride as Brian Dundee, the long-lost son of Mick Dundee Chris Hemsworth as his sidekick, Wally Jr. The teasers led viewers to believe that Mick was lost in the outback, and only the American son no one knew he had would be able to find him. Cue Brian Dundee returning to the Australian outback to find his father.

Bravo to Tourism Australia for making us believe that an awesome sequel like this was actually happening. This will definitely open the doors to more elaborate “movie” campaigns set up to trick us.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down