BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright (Smith, Edgerton & Ayer Returning for Sequel @ Netflix)

5 posters

Go down

Bright (Smith, Edgerton & Ayer Returning for Sequel @ Netflix) Empty Bright (Smith, Edgerton & Ayer Returning for Sequel @ Netflix)

Post by WyldeMan 3/6/2017, 9:31 am

Bright (Smith, Edgerton & Ayer Returning for Sequel @ Netflix) Bright10
   Set in an alternate present-day where humans, orcs, elves, and fairies have been co-existing since the beginning of time. Bright is genre-bending action movie that follows two cops from very different backgrounds. Ward (Will Smith) and Jakoby (Joel Edgerton), embark on a routine patrol night and encounter a darkness that will ultimately alter the future and their world as they know it.

Bright is available only on Netflix this December. Bright is directed by David Ayer (Training Day, End of Watch, Suicide Squad) stars Will Smith (Men in Black), Joel Edgerton (The Great Gatsby), Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Lucy Fry (11.22.63), Edgar Ramirez (Hands of Stone, Zero Dark Thirty), Margaret Cho (Drop Dead Diva), and Ike Barinholtz (Suicide Squad). The movie is written by Max Landis (Chronicle) and produced by Ayer, Eric Newman (Narcos) and Bryan Unkeless (The Hunger Games). The Netflix Original Film will launch globally this December.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 1/3/2018, 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bright (Smith, Edgerton & Ayer Returning for Sequel @ Netflix) Empty Re: Bright (Smith, Edgerton & Ayer Returning for Sequel @ Netflix)

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/6/2017, 4:09 pm

You know Netflix is getting big when Will Smith signs on. lol Trailers that have been dropping lately from Netflix is crazy. Netflix is the future.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Bright (Smith, Edgerton & Ayer Returning for Sequel @ Netflix) Empty Re: Bright (Smith, Edgerton & Ayer Returning for Sequel @ Netflix)

Post by WyldeMan 3/6/2017, 4:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You know Netflix is getting big when Will Smith signs on. lol Trailers that have been dropping lately from Netflix is crazy. Netflix is the future.

No way dude, Smith took longer then just about everybody in Hollywood to get on board. He waited until Netflix was a global dominating machine before attaching his name. Meanwhile Netflix has been stacking their ranks with the most talented people in Hollywood while Smith has just been off stroking his ego.

I was reading an article earlier that said 53% of households now have Netflix over DVRs compared to 35% just two years ago. I've been very strongly been considering ditching my DirecTV DVR setup in favor of a Roku and Netflix account.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/8/2017, 8:51 am

Reminds me of Alien Nation.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2017, 4:19 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/25/2017, 7:39 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/14/2017, 7:34 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2018, 10:53 am

Netflix Firms ‘Bright’ Sequel With Smith, Edgerton and Ayer

When Netflix doubled the bidding for the Max Landis-scripted Bright with David Ayer attached to direct and Will Smith and Joel Edgerton to star, it committed over $90 million — twice what the picture cost to make — for what it expected would be its first franchise with feature-caliber talent. Smith and Ayer had just wrapped Suicide Squad, a film that went on to gross $746 million worldwide for Warner Bros.

Netflix announced on social media that it will in fact make a sequel, with Smith and Edgerton back along with Ayer, who’s writing the script this time. Eric Newman and Bryan Unkeless again are producing.

While Netflix doesn’t release viewing numbers, the service declared that Bright was the most-viewed Netflix film ever for its first week, in every one of the 190-plus countries it services. Nielsen reported that 11 million watched in the U.S. over the first three days. This despite a dismal Rotten Tomatoes aggregated critical ranking of only 28%. Netflix commitment was high because it paid the stars and director their quotes and then bought out the estimated backend they would have received had a performer like Smith made his usual cash break gross deal.

The film followed LA-based cop procedurals that Ayer has made including End of Watch, Street Kings and Harsh Times, only this world melded an Alien Nation element: Smith’s cop partners with an Orc (Edgerton), and the world was populated by other mythic creatures.

It was a big swing but an important move for Netflix as it tries to create the kind of zeitgeist moments in movies that it has managed to do with series like House of Cards, Stranger Things and 13 Reasons Why.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2018, 1:20 pm

Has anyone watched this yet? It's always at the front on my Netflix account, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2018, 2:55 pm

Rusty wrote:Has anyone watched this yet? It's always at the front on my Netflix account, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The 26% on RottenTomatoes doesn't exactly also have been rushing, also I haven't seen a Will Smith movie in many years.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/3/2018, 2:57 pm

26%? Damn. It was already a “When I get around to it” thing and it just dropped lower
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2018, 3:08 pm

Tyger wrote:26%? Damn. It was already a “When I get around to it” thing and it just dropped lower

After something like 80 reviews, 60 of em are Rotten.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2018, 4:31 pm

I'm not paying much attention to reviews for this. People hate Will Smith, and after Suicide Squad, Ayer's an easy target. People going into this have are already loaded up on opinion and expectation.

Couple of reviews I've read from legit paid critics barely mention the movie. The reviews are full of nothing but jest at Ayer and Smith's recent flops, and they spend more time trying to come up with snarky one liners and trying to be pop-culture relevant than actually reviewing the movie.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2018, 5:48 pm

Rusty wrote:Couple of reviews I've read from legit paid critics barely mention the movie. The reviews are full of nothing but jest at Ayer and Smith's recent flops, and they spend more time trying to come up with snarky one liners and trying to be pop-culture relevant than actually reviewing the movie.

Will Smith will stop making movies and go into politics where his poor decision making can really shine.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/3/2018, 6:17 pm

Gonna watch it this week. Critics hated it so it has to be good. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down