BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado ($76 Million Worldwide Box Office)

+2
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sicario: Day of the Soldado ($76 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sicario: Day of the Soldado ($76 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Rusty 5/26/2018, 12:05 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:Abe is destined to run Hollywood

If Abe was in charge he'd green light a crossover between Rambo & Alejandro and then follow it with six sequels.

With Light-saber battles.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Sicario: Day of the Soldado ($76 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sicario: Day of the Soldado ($76 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/26/2018, 1:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:No.

I'll take that as a yes.  Cool

Tyger wrote:Abe is destined to run Hollywood

Thanks! So many good movies would get made.

WyldeMan wrote:If Abe was in charge he'd green light a crossover between Rambo & Alejandro and then follow it with six sequels.

I don't like Rambo. He shouldn't be doing another one.

Rusty wrote:With Light-saber battles.

I'll tell you this, I would make the most epic light-saber battles you've ever seen wrapped with a good story telling. You're welcome! cheers
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/26/2018, 1:39 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'll tell you this, I would make the most epic light-saber battles you've ever seen wrapped with a good story telling. You're welcome! cheers

Says the man who's favorite force wielder is a Jedi  Razz  Razz  and Luke Skywalker at that. He's the biggest lemon of them all, just ask Master Yoda.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/26/2018, 7:47 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I'll tell you this, I would make the most epic light-saber battles you've ever seen wrapped with a good story telling. You're welcome! cheers

Says the man who's favorite force wielder is a Jedi  Razz  Razz  and Luke Skywalker at that. He's the biggest lemon of them all, just ask Master Yoda.

Agreed. Luke is not my favorite at all. I like Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda and Mace Windu in that order. I was looking forward to see what Luke was going to be like now but then The Last Jedi came out. Laughing
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2018, 8:28 pm

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/28/2018, 7:02 am

Taylor Sheridan Has "Master Plan" for 'Sicario' Trilogy
Sicario: Day of the Soldado ($76 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Benici10
Don’t let Benicio del Toro’s gruff exterior scare you.

“He’s a teddy bear,” said Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, who plays a Mexican smuggler opposite Del Toro in Sicario: Day of the Soldado, the sequel to the 2015 hit Sicario. “He’s the sweetest, nicest guy … I loved talking to him because he’s a fan of movies and literature. He knew a lot about Mexican authors so I brought him some books.”

The Hollywood Reporter caught up with the cast and crew of Soldado at the movie’s premiere last night at the Regency Village Theater in Los Angeles.

The film sees the return of Del Toro as the mysterious vigilante Alejandro Gillick and Josh Brolin as federal agent Matt Graver. The two team up to help start a U.S.-sanctioned war between two Mexican drug cartels after the U.S. government learns they may be smuggling terrorists into the states through Mexico.

The first movie was directed by Denis Villeneuve, but the follow-up was helmed by Italian director Stefano Sollima.

“I was developing another project with [producer] Molly Smith and she started to talk to me about doing it, but it was difficult for me to see a sequel to Sicario,” Sollima said. “But then I read the script and I thought it was amazing.”

Like the first Sicario movie, Soldado was written by Taylor Sheridan. The story also involves the kidnapping of a drug kingpin’s teenage daughter (Transformers: The Last Knight’s Isabella Moner) with harrowing scenes depicting migrants crossing the border into Texas.

While the film seems to have been inspired by today’s real-life political tensions surrounding the U.S.-Mexico border, Smith explained, “It’s timely, but cartel violence has been timely for a while now. I think what Taylor does is roots it in reality, but it’s a fictional story that kind of shows the authenticity of the violence down there.”

Soldado is the second film in what is expected to be a Sicario trilogy. “Taylor always kicked around the idea that this was going to be a trilogy,” said co-producer Trent Luckinbill. “He has a lot of ideas of where he could take these characters.”

And one of those characters is FBI agent Kate Macer, played by Emily Blunt. While she appeared in the first pic, Blunt doesn’t pop up in Soldado. She’ll likely return if a third film gets the green light. “Taylor has a master plan.” Luckinbill said. “For this one, I think he really just wanted to explore Josh and Benicio’s characters.”

Co-producer Thad Luckinbill said with a laugh, “Who knows what Taylor has up there? He may have 30 Sicario movies he’s thinking about.”

Sicario: Day of the Soldado opens in theaters Friday.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/15/2018, 7:36 pm

Watched this today. Not a bad movie but I liked the first one more.

Thanos and The Collector were awesome but I also want to say I liked Isabela Moner's performance, too. She did pretty well with the rest of the cast.

I give this movie one and a half thumbs up.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/17/2019, 1:05 pm

Rusty wrote:Finally got around to watching Sicario: Day of the Soldado.

Pretty damn good. Hope Tyler Sheridan makes a third one. Be interesting to see where he goes with it.

I loved it. I was afraid Del Toro was killed off in this one. After the build of the character from the first one and this one, it would've been disappointing if it went that way. I assume he's cut ties with the government and he has his own little apprentice now. Looking forward to the third one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2