BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
Tyger
Rusty
6 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

ixzz3vkpGdKFL - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by ForeverBlu 4/9/2016, 5:44 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just watched Terminal Velocity. Good movie. It's a shame Charlie Sheen is such a god damn mess now.

The Arrival aired on cable recently, underrated sci-fi movie.

When Sheen had his shit together, he could act.

Posted it the blue ray deals thread, just a reminder.

ESPN Films 30 for 30 Collector Edition is currently 17.99 @ Amazon.com

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/9/2016, 5:45 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just watched Terminal Velocity. Good movie. It's a shame Charlie Sheen is such a god damn mess now.

No he was always a Tranny banging narcissistic piece of shit it's just that nobody knew what a fucking cunt he was until TMZ was a thing.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/9/2016, 7:54 pm

Say what now? Andrea Zuckerman? Suriously???? Shocked

Gabrielle Carteris has become the president of SAG-AFTRA for the next 16 months as the successor to the late Ken Howard, who died March 23.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/10/2016, 5:33 am

Just turned my 2011 Macbook Pro into a beast.

Was going to buy a new one, but decided to replace the optical drive for an SSD. In 5 years, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've inserted a DVD/CD into it, so it was a wasted feature.

Opened up the MacPro, removed the optical drive, replaced it with a 1TB SSD setup, upgraded from 8gb of ram to 16gb, then cloned my hard-drive to the SSD.

Thing now runs like a beast. Boots quicker than it did new. Opens programs and processes utilities like I never knew was possible. All for about $600 US (SSD's are expensive as fuck). Not bad considering a newer MacPro with similar specs to my upgrade would be over $2000 US.

I love the internet. Fuck you Apple!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/10/2016, 11:57 am

Boston Globe Envisions Life Under President Trump in Withering Satirical Front Page
ixzz3vkpGdKFL - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Trump-10
A scary scenario of life in a Trump administration is accompanied by a blistering editorial denouncing the current GOP frontrunner

“Curfews extended in multiple cities.” “Markets sink as trade war looms.” “DEPORTATIONS TO BEGIN.” According to a scarily convincing satirical front page of The Boston Globe, these would be facts of life in the United States under President Donald Trump after Jan. 20, 2017.

There are other fearsome prospects of a Trump White House in the Globe’s false-front page, dated April 9, 2017.

U.S. soldiers refuse to kill the families of members of the ISIS terrorist organization.

“A Republican-controlled Congress … passed sweeping changes to libel law in the United States, moving the bill to the desk of the new president who has promised to sign it. The legislation, a fulfillment of a Trump campaign promise, will make US libel law similar to Great Britain’s and is expected to expose journalists to expose journalists to frequent high-dollar lawsuits.”

“Markets from the Dow to the FTSE to the Nikkei have sunk on speculation that China is dumping some of its US Treasury holdings after the Trump administration announced tariffs as high as 45 percent for all Chinese imports and 35 percent for some Mexican goods.”
And perhaps most frightening of all, the forecast line “riots continue.”

Other parts of the front page are satire at its best: over-the-top scenarios befitting an over-the-top candidate:

“Japanese Emperor Akihito formally censured Ambassador Kid Rock for a speech calling on US allies to “Let the [expletive] business guy run the [expletive] country like a [expletive] business.”

“Education Secretary Omarosa Manigault summoned PBS officials to Capitol Hill to discuss remaking “Celebrity Apprentice” using hand puppets.”

The tongue-in-cheek vision of life in Trump’s America was accompanied by a blistering editorial statement that pulled no punches.

“He winks and nods at political violence at his rallies. He says he wants to “open up” libel laws to punish critics in the news media and calls them “scum.” He promised to shut out an entire class of immigrants and visitors to the United States on the sole basis of their religion.

“The toxic mix of violent intimidation, hostility to criticism, and explicit scapegoating of minorities shows a political movement is taking hold in America. If Trump were a politician running such a campaign in a foreign country right now, the US State Department would probably be condemning him. …

“Trump has already crossed lines that a politician with a sincere commitment to democratic norms must never cross.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/10/2016, 1:15 pm

Man, that will be our reality if this continues.

Rusty Cunt wrote:Just turned my 2011 Macbook Pro into a beast.

Was going to buy a new one, but decided to replace the optical drive for an SSD. In 5 years, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've inserted a DVD/CD into it, so it was a wasted feature.

Opened up the MacPro, removed the optical drive, replaced it with a 1TB SSD setup, upgraded from 8gb of ram to 16gb, then cloned my hard-drive to the SSD.

Thing now runs like a beast. Boots quicker than it did new. Opens programs and processes utilities like I never knew was possible. All for about $600 US (SSD's are expensive as fuck). Not bad considering a newer MacPro with similar specs to my upgrade would be over $2000 US.

I love the internet. Fuck you Apple!

That's awesome Rusty! I agree about the cost of SSD's. I have a 64GB one just for Win 7. I got mine a while ago and they're still expensive, they should make it reasonable.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2016, 8:56 am

Donald Trump Gave $0 to Charity in Past 5 Years
ixzz3vkpGdKFL - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Gettyi10
Perhaps Donald Trump isn’t as charitable as he’d like you to believe.

The Washington Post tore through 93 pages worth of 4,844 Donald J. Trump Foundation donations made over a half-decade, finding that not a one of them came directly from the wallet of the GOP candidate. While the Trump Foundation has been generous on paper, the man who controls it didn’t actually donate any of his own money between 2009 and 2014, the newspaper found.

By the way, that lengthy list of contributions the reporters carefully combed through — it came directly from the Trump campaign. It also had one glaring error: A $26 million land donation from 2006 that was too old to be included.

This would all seem to be in conflict with Trump’s claims that he’s given more than $102 million to charity over the past five years. Here’s what Trump did give away, instead: a ton of free golf rounds for charity auctions and raffles. And to be fair, those are, of course, not without value.

While Trump hasn’t personally donated since 2008 to the foundation that bears his name, he does still make the decisions about where the money goes. And some of it hasn’t even gone to charity, instead ending up in the pockets of clients, other businesses, and even tennis star Serena Williams.

It should be noted that 2014 was the most-recent year available, due to the nature of public tax filings. In theory, Trump’s contributions for 2015 may be different, and may have been included in his personal statements.

The Trump Foundation, which since 2004 has individually been funded more heavily by WWE owners Vince and Linda McMahon than Trump himself, has handed off its most money through land-conservation agreements to forgo development rights on property Trump owns.

Beyond the McMahons, other top donors across the studied decade include Inside Sports & Entertainment Group’s Richard Ebers, NBCUniversal, and Comedy Central. Those latest two networks did so due to agreements surrounding “Celebrity Apprentice” and its host’s “Comedy Central Roast.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/11/2016, 9:39 am

I'm actually surprised by this. He's been planning to run for a while and with his money, it seems like the thing to do. Charity would have been good for his image.....no, even then it's hard to change this image.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2016, 2:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm actually surprised by this. He's been planning to run for a while and with his money, it seems like the thing to do. Charity would have been good for his image.....no, even then it's hard to change this image.

The thing about Narcissism, it's always about you. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/12/2016, 8:58 am

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Hehe Congress will be working overtime to keep Trump in line. Checks and balances, bro!

If they legalized weed nationwide, this country would be too high to fight all the damned time. Nobody ever talks about what matters most...

Also Bar Rafaeli is FIVE MONTHS pregnant in this pic she posted today, her baby is going to be 3lbs.... Shocked

ixzz3vkpGdKFL - Random Thoughts - Page 14 03251610

Now she's looking much healthier for a pregnant woman.

ixzz3vkpGdKFL - Random Thoughts - Page 14 12912610

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/13/2016, 12:52 pm

Ted Cruz’s War on Dildos
ixzz3vkpGdKFL - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Ted-cr10
Presidential candidate once argued against “right to stimulate one’s genitals”

Ted Cruz is generating attention today for the strangest of reasons: He once argued in a Texas case to oppose the legalization of sex toys.

Yes, this is a real thing that happened. (Just as Cruz really did recently call Donald Trump a rat with whom he would not like to have sex.)

“There is no substantive-due-process right to stimulate one’s genitals for non-medical purposes unrelated to procreation or outside of an interpersonal relationship,” Cruz’s office declared in a legal brief while he was serving as Texas solicitor general.

It all started back in 2007 when Cruz’s legal team was working on an appeal of a previous ruling that the selling of sex toys was not protected by the Constitution, according to Mother Jones. Cruz’s team filed a note with the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit that included the words: “The Texas Penal Code prohibits the advertisement and sale of dildos, artificial vaginas, and other obscene devices” but does not “forbid the private use of such devices.”

By 2008, the court told Cruz that Texans can legally use dildos, allowing the “right to be free from governmental intrusion regarding ‘the most private human contact, sexual behavior.'”

Though Cruz’s argument was rejected, he went on to file various unsuccessful motions and appeals. Dildos remain legal in Cruz’s home state of Texas to this day.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/15/2016, 3:59 pm

Joey, PM check for stock tip.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/17/2016, 5:23 pm

Axl Rose Replaces Brian Johnson As Lead For AC/DC

The rumors were going on for so long, I even made it my April Fools’ joke. However, the joking stops now as it’s actually been confirmed that Guns N’ Roses vocalist Axl Rose is taking over vocal duties for AC/DC from Brian Johnson.

The official press release states:

AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian’s decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment.

Below is the list of confirmed European dates where Rose will show off his vocals. The 10 postponed US shows are being rescheduled and will be announced in the near future.
Confirmed tour dates:

May 7 Lisbon, Portugal Passeio Maritimo De Alges
May 10 Seville, Spain Estadio De La Cartuja
May 13 Marseille, France Stade Velodrome
May 16 Werchter, Belgium Werchter Site
May 19 Vienna, Austria Erns-Happel Stadium
May 22 Prague, Czech Republic Letnany Airport
May 26 Hamburg, Germany Volksparkstadion
May 29 Berne, Switzerland Stade De Suisse
June 1 Leipzig, Germany Red Bull Arena
June 4 London, England The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
June 9 Manchester, England Etihad Stadium
June 12 Aarhus, Denmark Ceres Park

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/18/2016, 9:24 am

The weather is so good today. Went from 70s to low 80s. Thank God for the sun!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/18/2016, 10:19 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:The weather is so good today. Went from 70s to low 80s. Thank God for the sun!
No need to thank me.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/20/2016, 10:18 pm

Former Pro wrestler Chyna has passed away, she was 45 yrs old.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/21/2016, 7:28 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Former Pro wrestler Chyna has passed away, she was 45 yrs old.

Woah really? Was it drug related or suicide like nearly all the other wrestlers who have died in their 40s?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/21/2016, 10:29 am

WyldeMan wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:Former Pro wrestler Chyna has passed away, she was 45 yrs old.

Woah really? Was it drug related or suicide like nearly all the other wrestlers who have died in their 40s?

Maybe an overdose, no official word yet.

Prince was found dead, at his Paisley Park mansion, he was 57 yrs old.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/21/2016, 11:47 am

I just read about Chyna this morning and now Prince. I feel like a lot of celebs have died in 2016 so far... and it's only April.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/21/2016, 12:40 pm

joey con carne wrote:I just read about Chyna this morning and now Prince. I feel like a lot of celebs have died in 2016 so far... and it's only April.

What now Prince too???? Holy shit, I hadn't heard about his death. I just saw him a few weeks back on The New Girl.

I just looked into it and he was showing flu like symptoms in the hours before he was found unresponsive in an elevator on his property.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/21/2016, 1:07 pm

I was shocked about Prince too. Didn't know about the cause of death.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/21/2016, 1:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I was shocked about Prince too. Didn't know about the cause of death.

With musicians I always just assume years of drugs eventually contributed to premature heart failure and that seems to turn out to be true far more often than not.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/21/2016, 2:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I was shocked about Prince too. Didn't know about the cause of death.

Prince was sick recently, flu or Pneumonia.

He was briefly hospitalized, while in Illinois.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/21/2016, 7:29 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:

Prince was sick recently, flu or Pneumonia.

He was briefly hospitalized, while in Illinois.

Apparently that was a cover as it's now being reported that it was actually a drug overdose he had been treated for last week and not the flu.

Prince was reportedly treated for a drug overdose six days before his death on Thursday, according to TMZ.

Prince’s jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., last Friday due to a medical emergency. His rep told Variety at the time that the singer was struggling with the flu.
According to the TMZ report, doctors gave Prince a “safe shot” after he was rushed to the hospital, something reportedly given to counteract the effects of opiates. Doctors apparently advised that Prince stay in the hospital for 24 hours — he left, however, after three hours.

Authorities found Prince unresponsive in an elevator when they arrived Thursday morning, responding to a 911 call. First responders tried CPR, but were unable to revive the pop star and he was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m.

Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding Prince’s death. His autopsy will be performed on Friday.
The Carver County Sheriff’s Office also released the transcript of the 911 call that an unidentified male made to report Prince’s death. The caller said the people at the house were “distraught,” and said he didn’t know how Prince died.

See the full transcript, which began at 9:43 a.m. on Thursday, below.

Dispatcher: 911, where is your emergency?
Unidentified male: Hi there, um, what’s the address here? Yeah we need an ambulance right now.
D: Okay.
UM: We have someone who is unconscious.
D: Okay, what’s the address?
UM: Um, we’re at Prince’s house.
D: Okay, does anybody know the address? Is there any mail around that you could look at?
UM: Yeah, yeah, okay, hold on.
D: Okay, your cell phone’s not going to tell me where you’re at, so I need you to find me an address.
UM: Yeah, we have um, yeah, we have um, so yeah, um, the person is dead here.
D: Okay, get me the address please.
UM: Okay, okay, I’m working on it.
D: Concentrate on that.
UM: And the people are just distraught.
D: I understand that they are distraught, but…
UM: I’m working on it, I’m working on it.
D: Okay, do we know how the person died?
UM: I don’t know, I don’t know.
UM: Um, so we’re, we’re in Minneapolis, Minnesota and we are at the home of Prince.
D: You’re in Minneapolis?
UM: Yeah, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
D: You’re sure you are in Minneapolis?
UM: That’s correct.
D: Okay, have you found an address yet?
UM: Yeah, um, I’m so sorry I need, I need the address here?
Unidentified female: 7801
UM: 7801
D: 7801 what?
UM: Paisley Park, we are at Paisley Park.
D: You’re at Paisley Park, okay, that’s in Chanhassen. Are you with the person who’s…
UM: Yes, it’s Prince.
UM: The person.
D: Okay, stay on the line with me.
UM: Okay.
(Phone ringing)
Ambulance dispatcher: Ambulance, Shirley.
D: Carver with the transfer for Paisley Park Studios, 78.
AD: Paisley Park Studios, okay.
D: 7801 Audubon Road.
AD: Okay.
D: We have a person down, not breathing.
AD: Down, not breathing.
D: Yup.
UM: He’s, he’s…
D: We’re going to get everybody, go ahead with the transmittal.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/21/2016, 8:28 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Ted Cruz’s War on Dildos
ixzz3vkpGdKFL - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Ted-cr10
Presidential candidate once argued against “right to stimulate one’s genitals”

Ted Cruz is generating attention today for the strangest of reasons: He once argued in a Texas case to oppose the legalization of sex toys.

Yes, this is a real thing that happened. (Just as Cruz really did recently call Donald Trump a rat with whom he would not like to have sex.)

“There is no substantive-due-process right to stimulate one’s genitals for non-medical purposes unrelated to procreation or outside of an interpersonal relationship,” Cruz’s office declared in a legal brief while he was serving as Texas solicitor general.

It all started back in 2007 when Cruz’s legal team was working on an appeal of a previous ruling that the selling of sex toys was not protected by the Constitution, according to Mother Jones. Cruz’s team filed a note with the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit that included the words: “The Texas Penal Code prohibits the advertisement and sale of dildos, artificial vaginas, and other obscene devices” but does not “forbid the private use of such devices.”

By 2008, the court told Cruz that Texans can legally use dildos, allowing the “right to be free from governmental intrusion regarding ‘the most private human contact, sexual behavior.'”

Though Cruz’s argument was rejected, he went on to file various unsuccessful motions and appeals. Dildos remain legal in Cruz’s home state of Texas to this day.

Ted Cruz is a dildo. No

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/21/2016, 8:32 pm

I didn't think Prince did drugs. This is all so sad
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/21/2016, 9:15 pm

Tyger wrote:I didn't think Prince did drugs. This is all so sad

Recreational use, probably.

Never got a junkie vibe from Prince.

Watching Purple Rain now.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/21/2016, 10:59 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:

Recreational use, probably.

Never got a junkie vibe from Prince.

Watching Purple Rain now.

I just assume any musician who's 115lbs is on heroin.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/22/2016, 6:20 am

LOL I love WyldeMang's catch-all. Laughing
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2016, 7:06 am

joey con carne wrote:LOL I love WyldeMang's catch-all. Laughing

I can't name any sober musicians, most of the amazing creativity comes from the extensive drug use. I understand it because weed makes me insanely creative but I like to build things since I'm completely tone deaf and musically unskilled in every way. You can't discount what they do because of their addictions, I'm just never surprised when they die because of them. Prince was a very talented musician and I will always associate one of my ex's with "Darling Nikki" so I'm grateful for the music he made and the guy lived a hell of a crazy life in a short amount of time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2016, 6:10 pm

Prince Tributes Continue With SNL Retrospective, New Girl Encore
Joining the many TV networks that will honor music icon Prince in the wake of his death on Thursday, Fox and NBC plan to air tributes of their own.

In place of a more recent Saturday Night Live rerun on April 23, the Peacock Net will air SNL: Goodnight Sweet Prince at 11:30 pm, a clip show that highlights Prince’s memorable Studio 8H performances throughout the years.

The retrospective will include his musical guest gigs on episodes from 1981, 2006 and 2014, the last of which featured an unprecedented eight-minute jam session in the middle of the episode, instead of two separate performances during the broadcast.

Additionally, Fox will re-air Prince’s 2014 New Girl guest spot on Tuesday, April 26, at 9:30/8:30c, in place of a Grinder encore. The musician appears as himself in the episode, in which he invites Jess and Cece to a party he’s throwing, and the guys try to sneak their way in.

In addition to SNL and New Girl‘s memorials, VH1 will air Prince’s big-screen debut Purple Rain throughout the weekend. His 1996 interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show will also be rebroadcast this Saturday at 8/7c on OWN.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2016, 6:13 pm

Damn, Patton Oswalt's 46 year old wife died this morning at home in her sleep, no cause of death has been reported. They have a 7 year old daughter together.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/22/2016, 6:47 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Damn, Patton Oswalt's 46 year old wife died this morning at home in her sleep, no cause of death has been reported. They have a 7 year old daughter together.

Damn.

R.I.P.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2016, 7:23 am

Go Inside the Mind of Guillermo del Toro With His Touring Bleak House Exhibit

Aside from being an exciting filmmaker, Guillermo del Toro has a love for the fantastical that runs deep. As he told the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, he’s been collecting books, arts, and life-size figures of his favorite characters. “I’m a  monster guy,” he said. “I love fantasy. I love reading.” Now you can walk in the footsteps of Del Toro through his own personal assortment of treasures in a new exhibit titled Bleak House, that’ll be touring the U.S. beginning in Los Angeles.

Del Toro’s friends nicknamed his personal sanctuary “El Gordo,” translated as “fat one,” which includes a full-scale replica of Frankenstein’s monster and his bride, a garden statue of Ray Harryhausen‘s Jason’s Argonauts, and a bust of Megan from The Exorcist glued to the TV set. Also included is Del Toro’s massive book collection, filled with various titles of comics, sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. Much like the name of the exhibition — Bleak House refers to the Charles Dickens novel of the same name — the books are held in various rooms named after various authors.

Five-hundred pieces from this collection will be featured in the Bleak House exhibit, which will open next July at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Following its close in November, the exhibit will travel to Minneapolis, Toronto, Mexico City, Barcelona, Paris, and New York City.

Said Del Toro:

It happens to all of us, our house is who we are. Even if people say not to judge a book by its cover, we are what we own. And I know the difference between collecting or accumulating is very, very, very small. A hoarder accumulates compulsively while the collector lives through their objects, every book, every object has a meaning. And that’s me.

Pan’s Labyrinth, the Hellboy films, Pacific Rim, Crimson Peak, and FX’s The Strain are some of the filmmaker’s elaborate works, and he not too long ago released a book titled Guillermo del Toro Cabinet of Curiosities, featuring sketches, notes, and other obsessions. But there’s nothing like getting up close and personal with the man’s inner workings.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/23/2016, 10:01 am

That's pretty cool. If I was in the area I wouldn't mind checking it out. Unfortunately, Los Angeles isn't on my list of "must-see" places.

Speaking of shoes, I'm going to be seeing Zootopia tomorrow morning at 10am. $6.49 matinee, baby! And we gotz recliner seats at the AMC theater here. I reserved my seats on Thursday night and got the best ones.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2016, 1:21 pm

Seems like every damned trade site is obsessed over Kelly Ripa's attention tantrums cause she's not #1. Ever since Strahan told her to get fucked it seems like her hurt feelings are the only thing being covered by my news sites. I've never seen her show, so I don't care what happens but my god how pathetic can one person not named Bruce Jenner be?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/23/2016, 2:00 pm

For real, man. They keep saying she was "blindsided". Oprah is trying to defend Ripa saying "No one should be blindsided." What the fuck are they talking about? Strahan is giving them six months notice. How the hell is that being blindsided? He's not leaving the show until October or something. What is he supposed to do, get her permission to make a career choice? She's so stupid. So is Oprah.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2016, 2:56 pm

joey con carne wrote:For real, man. They keep saying she was "blindsided". Oprah is trying to defend Ripa saying "No one should be blindsided." What the fuck are they talking about? Strahan is giving them six months notice. How the hell is that being blindsided? He's not leaving the show until October or something. What is he supposed to do, get her permission to make a career choice? She's so stupid. So is Oprah.

Apparently Regis did the same thing with the on air announcement coming minutes after her finding out. Clearly nobody respects her because she isn't worth it. Stop acting like a shrew and get over it. She still gets paid millions for talking about pointless shit every day but I love how she actually took the entire week off after finding out. I wonder how many of you guys wish you could take a paid week off of work just because your co-worker is quitting.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2016, 3:02 pm

Prince’s Former Drug Dealer Reveals Star’s Decades-Long Addiction to Pain Killers
A person claiming to Prince’s former drug dealer said the superstar was hooked on painkillers for more than 25 years, according to a interview published Saturday.

The dealer, who was identified only by the psuedonym Doctor D, claimed the singer would spend up to $40,000 at a time on opiates, the Daily Mail Online reported.

Prince died Thursday in his home at the age of 57. The cause of his death hasn’t been determined medically, but TMZ earlier reported he may have been battling drug addiction in the days leading up to his passing. TMZ also broke the news of his death itself.

In the Daily Mail interview, the man calling himself Doctor D said he sold Prince drugs for more than 25 years, from 1984 to 2008. He characterized Prince as “majorly addicted,” turning to illegal purchases of the drugs to help him to cope with “crippling stage fright” because his phobia of doctors kept him from getting prescriptions legally.

The man told the Daily Mail he met Prince during the filming of “Purple Rain” when he was already a “heavy” opiate user. He said he started selling Prince speed and painkiller Dilaudid.

“He needed the drugs because he was so nervous – he could be nervous in a room with just five people in it,” the man said in the interview. “He was scared to go out in public, he was scared to talk to people and didn’t like to go on stage – he had the worst case of stage fright I’d ever seen.”

He said Prince bought large supplies of Dilaudid and Fentanyl, a painkiller progessive-release patch. “I think the most he ever spent was around $40,000 at one time” on those drugs, he said.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2016, 7:42 pm

Well damn they were in a hurry, Prince was cremated this morning.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/23/2016, 9:29 pm

WyldeMan wrote:“He needed the drugs because he was so nervous – he could be nervous in a room with just five people in it,” the man said in the interview. “He was scared to go out in public, he was scared to talk to people and didn’t like to go on stage – he had the worst case of stage fright I’d ever seen.”

Sounds like he was in the wrong business.

I bet his family is going to implode fighting for his 300 million dollar estate.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2016, 11:19 am

joey con carne wrote:For real, man. They keep saying she was "blindsided". Oprah is trying to defend Ripa saying "No one should be blindsided." What the fuck are they talking about? Strahan is giving them six months notice. How the hell is that being blindsided? He's not leaving the show until October or something. What is he supposed to do, get her permission to make a career choice? She's so stupid. So is Oprah.

Just saw Strahan is now leaving at the beginning of Summer to allow him "time to process" in early June instead of the end of the Summer. This is in response to Kelly taking a week off to process the news.

HAHAHAHAHA. OH SHIT! Act like a bitch, get left like one Kelly. Razz

And as for Johnny Manziel...do not pass go, do not collect your money since nobody is paying you anyways, report directly to jail, you weak little bitch.

You can always expect the NFL to keep it classy.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/26/2016, 12:25 pm

Prince's sister claims Prince died intestate. LOL I knew this would happen. I'm going to bet everyone is going to fight for his money. "Relatives" are going to pop out of the woodwork and try to get a piece of that big fat pie.

And is Strahan really leaving early now because of Ripa?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2016, 12:30 pm

joey con carne wrote:Prince's sister claims Prince died intestate. LOL I knew this would happen. I'm going to bet everyone is going to fight for his money. "Relatives" are going to pop out of the woodwork and try to get a piece of that big fat pie.

And is Strahan really leaving early now because of Ripa?

Money and religion, just about the only two things everybody feels the need to fight over. Combine the two at a huge memorial service and watch the fireworks.

They're claiming Strahan's sudden early exit is a "Sweeps" decision. LOL. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/26/2016, 7:07 pm

What sort of internet speeds do you all get?

At my parents house catching up on my downloads from iTunes. Started well. Got a 4.5GB movie in about 8 minutes, but now it's slowed a little. Currently taking nearly 10 minutes per 2GB TV episodes.

Grabbed:

Rear Window and Ted 2. Both were bought a while ago, only just now downloading.

Also grabbed the second season of Togetherness, and currently downloading the first season of Mad Dogs (US version).
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next