Legend ($42,972,994)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by WyldeMan on 4/30/2015, 4:18 pm

From Academy Award® winner Brian Helgeland comes the true story of the rise and fall of London’s most notorious gangsters, Reggie and Ron Kray, both portrayed by Tom Hardy in an amazing double performance. LEGEND is a classic crime thriller taking us into the secret history of the 1960s and the extraordinary events that secured the infamy of the Kray Twins.


Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/29/2016, 8:02 am; edited 4 times in total
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 13945
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 31
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by WyldeMan on 4/30/2015, 4:19 pm

I love when Hardy plays a gangster, he's just really good at it. As always, I'll definitely be seeing this.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 13945
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 31
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by WyldeMan on 7/16/2015, 10:34 am

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 13945
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 31
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 7/17/2015, 10:55 pm

I liked the 1990 film, with the Twins from Spandau Ballet.

This also looks good, hope it leads to the other one finally getting a dvd/blu release.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by WyldeMan on 7/18/2015, 1:29 pm

@ForeverBlu wrote:I liked the 1990 film, with the Twins from Spandau Ballet.

This also looks good, hope it leads to the other one finally getting a dvd/blu release.

I'm interested in seeing how Taron plays off Hardy, I only know him from Kingsmen.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 13945
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 31
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 1/16/2016, 5:10 pm

Just watched this, Taron was hilarious as one of Ron's boy toys.

Liked it overall, but subtitles should be required for Tom Hardy.

LOL!

It was nice seeing Duffy again, chick fell off when Adele showed up.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/16/2016, 8:37 pm

This was just released, I'll be checking it out soon. Was it good?

By the way, there was a screener for this as well in the recent leak or whatever and the quality on all of them was so terrible that I didn't even bother. I'm very picky when it comes to PQ so I didn't check out a single one of those that were released. I'd rather wait. The retail version is out though so I'm glad I waited.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 4808
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/17/2016, 8:33 am

@ForeverBlu wrote:Just watched this, Taron was hilarious as one of Ron's boy toys.

Liked it overall, but subtitles should be required for Tom Hardy.

LOL!

It was nice seeing Duffy again, chick fell off when Adele showed up.

I was expecting Taron to have a bigger role but he seemed to be having fun the entire time.

Do you always have a hard time understanding Tom or just this movie? Maybe I'm so used to stammering and mumbling Brits by now that I can follow but I don't notice anymore until someone points it out.

@UltimateMarvel wrote:This was just released, I'll be checking it out soon. Was it good?

By the way, there was a screener for this as well in the recent leak or whatever and the quality on all of them was so terrible that I didn't even bother. I'm very picky when it comes to PQ so I didn't check out a single one of those that were released. I'd rather wait. The retail version is out though so I'm glad I waited.

I didn't have a problem with the quality, stop being a little bitch and illegally download those free movies now. What kind of pirate are you?
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 13945
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 31
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 1/17/2016, 8:40 am

I call it the Bane effect, noticed that Hardy kinda mumbles after TDKR.

The thick cockney accent had me thinking WTF you saying Tom?

Especially with Ron.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/17/2016, 9:12 am

@ForeverBlu wrote:I call it the Bane effect, noticed that Hardy kinda mumbles after  TDKR.

The thick cockney accent had me thinking WTF you saying Tom?

Especially with Ron.

He speaks very clearly when he does an American accent but Brits are mumblers by nature.

Ron was harder to understand though I agree with that.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 13945
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 31
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 1/17/2016, 9:20 am

He was a bit mushed mouthed in Lawless.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/17/2016, 8:52 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:I didn't have a problem with the quality, stop being a little bitch and illegally download those free movies now. What kind of pirate are you?

I couldn't. I tried but the quality is worse than a DVD, and I can barely tolerate DVD now. Kind of ruins the movie for me. I'm all about the HD. I'm that kind of pirate! Cool Besides, the clear copy for this is out. BITCH!
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 4808
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 1/18/2016, 1:58 pm

Really great soundtrack too.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 1/19/2016, 10:22 am






LOL!
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/28/2016, 7:01 pm

Watching this again, bought the bluray.

avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by Rusty Cunt on 3/28/2016, 8:42 pm

I picked up the Blu last week. Haven't watched it yet.
avatar
Rusty Cunt

Posts : 1734
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/29/2016, 5:39 am

@Rusty Cunt wrote:I picked up the Blu last week. Haven't watched it yet.






I call it the Tom Hardy Acting Clinic.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/29/2016, 7:13 am

@ForeverBlu wrote:
@Rusty Cunt wrote:I picked up the Blu last week. Haven't watched it yet.

I call it the Tom Hardy Acting Clinic.

That's what I call every movie Hardy does, he's by far the most talented of actor chameleons today. Daniel Day Lewis does that once every five years and people go nuts and give him awards, meanwhile in that same amount of time Hardy's already made another 30 movies where he did it better and he's been ignored again. Have you seen The Revenant yet?
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 13945
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 31
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/29/2016, 8:23 am

No, haven't seen The Revenant yet.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/29/2016, 9:49 am

I agree, he was terrific in this. It's got to be challenging to play 2 characters and have them be so vastly different with how they behave, talk and move. Definitely one of the best actors around right now that really deserves more recognition. Why is that by the way? He's done a lot of movies (big and small) and he's not as famous as he should be as Hemsworth or other famous actors.

Leo recognized his talent in his acceptance speech at the Oscars, it was great.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 4808
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/29/2016, 10:59 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I agree, he was terrific in this. It's got to be challenging to play 2 characters and have them be so vastly different with how they behave, talk and move. Definitely one of the best actors around right now that really deserves more recognition. Why is that by the way? He's done a lot of movies (big and small) and he's not as famous as he should be as Hemsworth or other famous actors.

Leo recognized his talent in his acceptance speech at the Oscars, it was great.




Hardy isn't here for the Hollywood BS.

Leo tolerates it, but Tom doesn't seem to give any phucks.

Just does the work and keeps it moving.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3441
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 53
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/29/2016, 12:23 pm

@ForeverBlu wrote:Hardy isn't here for the Hollywood BS.

Leo tolerates it, but Tom doesn't seem to give any phucks.

Just does the work and keeps it moving.

That's pretty much the impression I always got. He doesn't really seem to take any of it seriously since he isn't living a wild life anymore. I love that he still takes time for tv when he's not doing massive films. He's fantastic on Peaky Blinders and I'm looking forward to the next season.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 13945
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 31
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend ($42,972,994)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum