BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 3/11/2016, 6:31 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:"Now, Daisy, I want us to work out a signal system of communication. When I elbow you real hard in the face, that means: shut up."

He really treated her like shit but I can't blame him, she keeps running that mouth of hers.

"That door's a whore." The door also provided funny moments each time someone came in.

For some reason in both of Deathproof and Hateful Eight, Kurt's characters really hated women.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/11/2016, 9:36 am

WyldeMan wrote:For some reason in both of Deathproof and Hateful Eight, Kurt's characters really hated women.

Interesting. Deathproof is one of his movies I haven't watched. Tarantino also said his movies were all in the same universe, I don't see how that's possible.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/11/2016, 10:09 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:For some reason in both of Deathproof and Hateful Eight, Kurt's characters really hated women.

Interesting. Deathproof is one of his movies I haven't watched. Tarantino also said his movies were all in the same universe, I don't see how that's possible.

I love Deathproof, it is so fucked up. But watch the Unrated version cause the theatrical was purposely missing a reel which cuts out a very nice lap dance scene and makes the movie feel oddly edited without it.

Tarantino's movies are loaded with Easter eggs connecting them if you're paying attention. It's usually just a name drop and nothing more but it's fun for his fans to catch em. A casual viewer is not going to pick up on these things but a rabid fan or someone with a good memory will. However sometimes a character like Earl McGraw (Who you know from the Dusk Til Dawn tv series as played by Don Johnson) will show up to weave the stories. Both Robert Rodriguez and Tarantino have used Michael and James Parks repeatedly as the same father and son law team in several movies. They're the only recurring characters.

It can be something simple like how in Reservoir Dogs Harvey Keitel's character simply discusses a woman he has a history with called Alabama, it's a one or two line piece of dialogue and that's the end of her in RD however in True Romance, Alabama Worley played by Patricia Arquette was the co-star of the film. This connects Reservoir Dogs and True Romance. The diamonds that were stolen in Reservoir Dogs were often rumored to be what was in the brief case at the center of the story in Pulp Fiction.

In Pulp Fiction Mia Wallace tells Vincent Vega all about the tv show pilot she did called Fox Force 5 about these lady assassins and long story short, this story in Pulp Fiction was what they used to create Kill Bill because as she's pitching the show to Vincent you realize it's exactly what KB turned out to be. BTW, Travolta's Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction is the brother of Michael Madsen's Vic Vega in Reservoir Dogs.

Then you've got mind blowing revelations that can come decades later. The perfect example would be that in True Romance there was a film producer character called Lee Donowitz and 20 years later in Inglorious Basterds there was a main character played by Eli Roth called Donny Donowitz. Tarantino confirmed that Donnie was the father of Lee Donowitz meaning that in every Tarantino movie they're living in a world where America's crowning achievement was when a team of Jewish American soldiers brutally machine gunned Adolf Hitler to death and then blew him up. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/11/2016, 1:10 pm

Wow! This is something I would never notice in a million years. How the hell did Tarantino come up with this stuff? I guess once he made his first movie it created a ripple effect but it's still fucking hard to remember those details and drop these little Easter Eggs and making them fit in the other movie. Never heard other directors do this kind of stuff before. Is he the only one?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/11/2016, 4:21 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wow! This is something I would never notice in a million years. How the hell did Tarantino come up with this stuff? I guess once he made his first movie it created a ripple effect but it's still fucking hard to remember those details and drop these little Easter Eggs and making them fit in the other movie. Never heard other directors do this kind of stuff before. Is he the only one?

Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez both do that a lot and sometimes with the same characters across their movies as mentioned before with the McGraw's.

There was a character that Christopher Walken played in 1995 in Pulp Fiction called Captain Koons who delivered a watch to a younger Bruce Willis. Then in 2012 Django held up a bill for the Smitty Becall Gang and one of the characters was called Crazy Craig Koontz. Tarantino later confirmed that the name on the warrant was a relative. Razz

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Pulp_d10

Or how about this.....

In Django Dr. King Schultz says he quit dentistry 5 years ago to become a bounty hunter, but it isn't mentioned why. The obvious answer, however, is that his wife, Paula, left him, and he was so devastated that he took up a profession he would never think about otherwise, the profession that would ultimately lead to his death in 1859. His former wife slowly realizes her mistake in leaving Dr. King, and after 6 years apart, seeks him out, only to find he's been killed at the hands of Calvin Candie. Devastated, faulting herself, she never remarries, keeping her ex-husbands name, and finally dies, alone, in 1893, when she is buried in the Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz, the same grave Beatrix Kiddo will escape from more than 100 years later in Kill Bill Vol 2.
The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Django10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/26/2019, 8:31 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/26/2019, 10:32 pm

I heard about it going up but not as a miniseries
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/27/2019, 7:01 am

Yes! I added it to my Queue right away a few days back and was gonna ask you guys about it but figured I'd just somehow missed it this whole time and you all knew. I am definitely giving this a go. It's crazy seeing the mini-series tag though.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2019, 3:07 am

I watched the extended/miniseries version last week and it didn’t seem very different at all to me
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2