BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crow (Bill Skarsgard / Danny Huston) (June 7, 2024)

+2
ForeverBlu
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Crow (Bill Skarsgard / Danny Huston) (June 7, 2024) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Crow (Bill Skarsgard / Danny Huston) (June 7, 2024)

Post by Rusty 3/19/2024, 11:10 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

FYI, After the OG Crow there were three unconnected sequels and a tv series starring Marc Dacascos.

I'm sure that's why I never bothered rewatching the original, because I watched at least one of the others on VHS, and I never bothered with the franchise ever again. I've got plenty of movies from that era that I love returning to. This was just never one of them.

Might have something to do with the visual styling. It came out in peak Grunge-era and that was something I was not a fan of.

Will probably give this one a miss too.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

The Crow (Bill Skarsgard / Danny Huston) (June 7, 2024) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Crow (Bill Skarsgard / Danny Huston) (June 7, 2024)

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/20/2024, 8:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
It took ten years for them to scrape this disaster together.

FYI, After the OG Crow there were three unconnected sequels and a tv series starring Marc Dacascos.

Damn! The first one is usually the one that's talked about. Those sequels must have been very bad.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2024, 9:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:
It took ten years for them to scrape this disaster together.

Damn! The first one is usually the one that's talked about. Those sequels must have been very bad.

Honestly I didn't hate the second sequel 'The Crow: City of Angels' (1996) with Vincent Perez, Iggy Pop and the lovely Mia Kirshner but the other sequels were offensively bad. City of Angels was written by David S Goyer who shortly after this went on to write 'Dark City', the Blade trilogy, Batman Begins and many others you already know about.  

Earlier I said all the sequels were unconnected but this isn't true I forgot that City of Angels continued the story of one aged up character from the original but she was played by Kirshner this time around.

I'm actually feeling nostalgic for the first two Crow films now that I'm talking about em again. Into the queue!!!

Amusingly enough though as terrible as the sequels were they still starred several names you'd recognize:

"The Crow: Salvation" (2000) starred Eric Mabius, Fred Ward and Kirsten Dunst.

"The Crow: Wicked Prayer" (2005) starred Edward Furlong, David Boreanaz and Tara Reid and this one was so bad it killed the franchise for twenty years.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2024, 9:09 pm

I just watched the trailer for this new train wreck and it is somehow much worse than anything I'd ever imagined. It makes some of those trash sequels of 25 years ago almost seem more appealing. Nothing about this had the look, the vibe or the soundtrack of The Crow. This is sacred territory for me and they really fucked it up.

Eric Draven looks like mashup between Leto's Joker and the Florida Joker, all of it very very wrong. How can you have such little respect for the material?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/23/2024, 8:52 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I just watched the trailer for this new train wreck and it is somehow much worse than anything I'd ever imagined. It makes some of those trash sequels of 25 years ago almost seem more appealing. Nothing about this had the look, the vibe or the soundtrack of The Crow. This is sacred territory for me and they really fucked it up.

Eric Draven looks like mashup between Leto's Joker and the Florida Joker, all of it very very wrong. How can you have such little respect for the material?

You did the one thing I asked you not to do. You had ONE JOB!!!

I have to agree with the look. But could be the very reason they went with a completely different look than Brandon Lee's.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2024, 4:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You did the one thing I asked you not to do. You had ONE JOB!!!

I have to agree with the look. But could be the very reason they went with a completely different look than Brandon Lee's.

A "completely different look than Brandon Lee's Crow" also known as disrespecting the source Crow by trying to deviate too much, hence the Joker comparisons. 

This looks more like a David Ayer knockoff movie than anything related to The Crow.

Roadhouse and The Crow, two nearly perfect movies from my childhood that were never calling for a remake but are both happening in 2024. At least now that they've been shit out, they can fade into the the forgotten remake oblivion as people continue to find the original superior versions. 

I just gotta keep reminding myself "It can't rain all the time". Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/25/2024, 11:41 am

WyldeMan wrote:A "completely different look than Brandon Lee's Crow" also known as disrespecting the source Crow by trying to deviate too much, hence the Joker comparisons. 

This looks more like a David Ayer knockoff movie than anything related to The Crow.

Roadhouse and The Crow, two nearly perfect movies from my childhood that were never calling for a remake but are both happening in 2024. At least now that they've been shit out, they can fade into the the forgotten remake oblivion as people continue to find the original superior versions. 

I just gotta keep reminding myself "It can't rain all the time". Cool

I guess we'll find out. I will watch Road House some time this week.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2024, 12:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I guess we'll find out. I will watch Road House some time this week.

'89 Road House is infinitely fuckin cooler. The story, the vibe, the soundtrack, the cast and character, the gorgeous women, the locations....all of it 100 times better than the Gyllenhaal version. What makes me even angrier is he worked with the man in Donnie Darko at the start of his career when Swayze's was winding down. Yet he remakes one of the all-time classic 80's films and they updated and modernized the shit out of it without any respect or even a fraction of heart of the original. Totally soulless and that is exactly how I feel about this Crow after that trailer. It gives me Edward Furlong as the Crow vibes...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2