BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creed IV (Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct) (2026)

2 posters

Go down

Creed IV (Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct) (2026) Empty Creed IV (Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct) (2026)

Post by WyldeMan 11/18/2023, 7:05 pm

‘Creed IV’ In Works With Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct, Irwin Winkler Says
Creed IV (Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct) (2026) Creed-14
Creed III producer Irwin Winkler said Saturday at Deadline’s Contenders Film: Los Angeles event that Creed IV is in the works, with franchise star and Creed III director Michael B. Jordan to helm it.

“We are planning to do Creed IV right now,” Winkler said onstage during a panel for Creed III, the MGM Amazon Studios pic that bowed in March and grossed more than $275 million at the worldwide box office. “We have a really good story [and] a really good plot. We got a little delayed because of the strikes, but about a year from now we’re going into pre-production.”

Winkler also confirmed that Jordan would be returning to direct after his feature helming debut on Creed III. “He will be,” Winkler said. “He did such a great job — he was comfortable with the camera.”

Panelist and producing partner Elizabeth Raposo added in regards to the success of the third film in the franchise, “[We’re] just glad that this one worked and people want to see more.”

Also on today’s Creed III panel was writer Keenan Coogler.

The Creed franchise, which picks up after the end of the Rocky movies, stars Jordan as Adonis Creed, the son of Rocky Balboa’s greatest opponent, tracking his rise in the boxing world and the impact that has on his family and legacy.

The franchise has grossed more than $663 million globally through the first three movies.

Further digging into the creative forces behind Creed III and Jordan’s in-depth involvement with the film, Winkler today also reflected on the strength and success of the Rocky franchise, of which Creed is connected.

“Michael and the creative team had the beautiful vision from the start to create a wholly new and different experience for this movie,” Winker said. “It had to be firmly cemented in what we all [know] the Creed and Rocky movies for … it had to have great action, boxing, but we also really examined what kind of movie we were making. And a lot of that, those early days with Michael were spent crafting how we were looking at the Damian character, which is why I think everyone responded to the depth, not only on the page, but also on the screen. You spend half the movie having deep sympathy for him and understanding his vulnerability.”  
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Creed IV (Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct) (2026) Empty Re: Creed IV (Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct) (2026)

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/19/2023, 7:10 pm

I liked all 3 movies. But the third one ended perfectly and it should have stopped there. If MBJ is not starring, I doubt it will do well.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Creed IV (Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct) (2026) Empty Re: Creed IV (Michael B. Jordan Back To Direct) (2026)

Post by WyldeMan 11/19/2023, 9:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I liked all 3 movies. But the third one ended perfectly and it should have stopped there. If MBJ is not starring, I doubt it will do well.

I just hope that they don't time jump and focus on his daughter's career.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/21/2023, 11:05 am

WyldeMan wrote:I just hope that they don't time jump and focus on his daughter's career.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing and that would be a mistake.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/21/2023, 8:09 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I just hope that they don't time jump and focus on his daughter's career.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing and that would be a mistake.

I was rather surprised by the choice to show Donnie headed into retirement by the third film. What will the fourth film be about, a charity boxing match against the son of Clubber Lang?

I'd prefer they turned their focus over to Ivan and Viktor Drago.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/21/2023, 10:19 pm

With his name in the title, it's either him or his daughter. Unless there is another Creed we don't know about.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down