BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 11 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 4/10/2024, 9:44 pm

Today it was announced that Heroes, Melrose Place, Blair Witch AND Get Smart are being rebooted again because why even try anymore?

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/10/2024, 10:21 pm

Zack Snyder Wants to “Fix" ‘Sucker Punch' With a Director's Cut
Random Thoughts - Page 11 Captur15
Compared to ‘Rebel Moon: Part 1,’ Netflix has really cut down on ads for Zack Snyder’s ‘Part 2’ sequel, which is set to hit the streamer later this month. After the disappointment of the first one, there’s been much less of a push in marketing for the sequel and, also, much less enthusiasm from movie fans.

That hasn’t stopped Snyder in continuing to do interviews. In a recent chat with Empire, Snyder isn’t only talking about ‘Rebel Moon,’ but also revealing that a “Sucker Punch” director’s cut is now top priority for him.

It never really got finished correctly. Even the [originally released] director’s cut is not really the correct cut. It’s really just an extended version […] I have the footage already shot: they just have to let me put it together. We ask every now and then. We have to ask again. I think there has to be a window when no-one’s got the movie.

For his “Snyder Cut” of “Justice League,” Warner Bros gave Snyder $70 million to shoot and edit additional footage. The filmmaker hopes that will also be the case here — he wants to reshoot Sucker Punch’s final scenes. “I think it’s good [if] I can get those guys, Emily [Browning] and Abby [Cornish] and the crew back in,” he said. “Some reshoots would be amazing.”

Earlier in the fall, Snyder had mentioned that the critically panned “Sucker Punch” deserved its own “Director’s Cut.” In fact, he admitted that he’d already started working on it.

I’m sure there are some of the more hardcore Snyder fans who are dying to see this, but does the world actually need another version of “Sucker Punch”? I just can’t see anything good coming out of it.

The hugely divisive 2011 fantasy-action movie grossed just $89 million worldwide. It starred Emily Browning as Babydoll, a woman sent to a mental institution who starts fantasizing about a heist to escape imprisonment. The fantasy sequences were damn-near unwatchable.

Snyder has said that there was studio interference when he made “Sucker Punch” and that Warner Bros insisted on it being more “commercial.” However, is there actually a good movie hidden in there? I highly doubt it. This is a movie that includes an imaginary brothel where singing and dancing take place. Added to the mix are dragons, aliens, and a World War. It’s as bad as it sounds.

“Sucker Punch” has been celebrating its 20th anniversary by having an assortment of screenings all over the country. There’s a small cult following for this one, but not enough to spur another #ReleaseTheSynderCut phenomenon ala “Justice League.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2024, 2:35 pm

Cancer finally killed OJ Simpson. I hope he suffered and died terribly.

Random Thoughts - Page 11 Xvt2I6

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2024, 5:08 pm

Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, & Prince Harry Launching Two Non-Fiction Series At Netflix Featuring Cooking, Gardening & Professional Polo
Random Thoughts - Page 11 Meghan10
EXCLUSIVE: Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry are cooking up two new projects with Netflix.

Deadline can reveal that the pair have two non-fiction projects in production at the streamer. They form part of the overall deal that her and husband, Harry, The Duke of Sussex, signed with the company in 2020 via their Archewell Productions banner.

The first series will see The Duchess, otherwise known as Meghan Markle, celebrate the joys of cooking, gardening, entertaining, and friendship.

It will be produced by Sony Pictures Television’s The Intellectual Property Corporation, which is behind series including Hulu’s The D’Amelio Show and A&E’s Leah Remini: Scientology & the Aftermath.

Selena + Chef’s Leah Hariton will serve as showrunner with Michael Steed, who has helmed episodes of My Next Guest Needs No Introduction and Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, directing.

Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex and Chanel Pysnik will exec produce for Archewell Productions alongside Hariton and Aaron Saidman and Eli Holzman for IPC.

It comes after Meghan launched her new business venture American Riviera Orchard.

The second series follows the world of professional polo. Shot primarily at the U.S. Open Polo Championship in Wellington, Florida, at The USPA National Polo Center, the series will explore the world of the sport, which is known primarily for its aesthetic and social scene. It will pull the curtain back on the grit and passion of the sport, capturing players and all it takes to compete at the highest level. Prince Harry has been known as a keen polo player and is often photographed playing internationally.

The series will be produced by Boardwalk Pictures, the production company behind series such as Netflix’s Chef’s Table, Pepsi, Where’s My Jet? and Sex, Love & Goop.

Miloš Balać, who has worked on FX’s hit docuseries Welcome to Wrexham, will serve as showrunner.

Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will exec produce alongside Pysnik for Archewell Productions, with Andrew Fried, Sarina Roma, and Dane Lillegard exec producing for Boardwalk Pictures and Balać and Ian Samplin also exec producing.

Both untitled shows are in early stages of production.

It is the pair’s latest projects at Netflix; the Harry & Meghan docuseries from the couple launched in December 2022 with six episodes. They also made Live To Lead, an interview series featuring the likes of Greta Thunberg and Gloria Steinem, and Harry’s Heart of Invictus documentary series launched last year

Netflix content chief Bela Bajaria recently said that they have a “bunch” of projects in development including a movie and a scripted series.

Bajaria didn’t disclose what any of these projects were but last year the duo, who run Archewell Productions, acquired the screen rights to Carley Fortune’s Meet Me At The Lake novel to turn into a movie. It tells the story of a couple who meet in their thirties, and deals with themes of childhood trauma, including losing a parent in a car crash, mental health challenges and post-natal depression.

All of this comes after Deadline revealed in February that Meghan signed a new podcast deal with Lemonada Media, the company behind Wiser Than Me with Julia Louis-Dreyfus. The move will see her launch a new podcast series and Lemonada will also distribute her previous Spotify series Archetypes to all podcast platforms.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2024, 5:09 pm

"The first series will see The Duchess, otherwise known as Meghan Markle, celebrate the joys of cooking, gardening, entertaining, and friendship."

Take that Kate! Your cancer will never defeat the Succubus's ambition!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/11/2024, 6:13 pm

DC of Sucker Punch is expected from Snyder but it's been so long now that it's best to leave it alone. I think I only watched that movie once and the women are the only thing I remember it.

The timing from Meghan is not great but why are they in the entertainment business to begin with. They are already rich.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2024, 8:53 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:DC of Sucker Punch is expected from Snyder but it's been so long now that it's best to leave it alone. I think I only watched that movie once and the women are the only thing I remember it.

The timing from Meghan is not great but why are they in the entertainment business to begin with. They are already rich.

Snyder will always be a one trick pony who can only talk about his DC's and personal tragedies.

Meghan is an ambitious social climbing political animal. Her marriage and her entire career are about furthering her ambitions towards the throne. Because in that crazy broad's head, she will one day be Queen of England. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2024, 9:14 pm

Dev Patel is in talks to star, alongside Scarlett Johansson, in the next ‘Jurassic World’ movie.

But Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and Glenn Powell all passed on the third lead. Nicholas Hoult also has an offer now.

At this point they're just going down the list hoping for mostly guys who've already worked with ScarJo and they must also be somebody who wants to be in the SEVENTH Jurassic movie. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

UltimateMarvel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/14/2024, 1:00 am

Need a favour from Netflix users. Since you're all in the US (I'm assuming), can you search your Netflix for the series Longmire?

Reading the latest update in the Heels thread about Netflix licensing it to possible continue it, I remember they did the same thing with Longmire. It got cancelled and Netflix picked it up and gave it two more season.

Unfortunately, at least here in Australia, it only stayed on Netflix for a couple of years after the series concluded, and hasn't been streamed since. Neither on Netflix or any other service.

Just curious if that was just for the non-US licensing, or if that included the US as well?

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/14/2024, 10:11 pm

Rusty wrote:Need a favour from Netflix users. Since you're all in the US (I'm assuming), can you search your Netflix for the series Longmire?

Reading the latest update in the Heels thread about Netflix licensing it to possible continue it, I remember they did the same thing with Longmire. It got cancelled and Netflix picked it up and gave it two more season.

Unfortunately, at least here in Australia, it only stayed on Netflix for a couple of years after the series concluded, and hasn't been streamed since. Neither on Netflix or any other service.

Just curious if that was just for the non-US licensing, or if that included the US as well?

All six seasons of Longmire never left Netflix here and in fact not only is it still available on Netflix but it's on Peacock too. Though I don't know if its available outside of the US, I feel like you've told me before that it isn't.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/15/2024, 2:18 am

WyldeMan wrote:

All six seasons of Longmire never left Netflix here and in fact not only is it still available on Netflix but it's on Peacock too. Though I don't know if its available outside of the US, I feel like you've told me before that it isn't.

The Heels update just made me think of it, but you're right, I'm sure I've asked about it before because I just realised I own the series on iTunes. Laughing

Shit like this is why I've started buying physical media again. I don't trust these streamer pricks. Studios just don't care about licensing outside the US. Unless it's a massive show (GoT, etc), they usually just sell to the best bidder and let them deal with it.

Some of my favourite recent shows have all disappeared from streaming here. Most of them are either iTunes or nothing. Longmire. Strike Back. Fringe. The Shield. All gone.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/15/2024, 9:08 am

Rusty wrote:The Heels update just made me think of it, but you're right, I'm sure I've asked about it before because I just realised I own the series on iTunes. Laughing

Shit like this is why I've started buying physical media again. I don't trust these streamer pricks. Studios just don't care about licensing outside the US. Unless it's a massive show (GoT, etc), they usually just sell to the best bidder and let them deal with it.

Some of my favourite recent shows have all disappeared from streaming here. Most of them are either iTunes or nothing. Longmire. Strike Back. Fringe. The Shield. All gone.

To be fair, I constantly forget most things. For some reason though I remembered that you guys don't seem to get access to any of our streamers or youtube videos.

I definitely have started to consider moving back towards physical media and it seems most companies are going to continue to do away with them all together so over the next decade it'll likely mean movies will only be available on streaming.

Fringe is only available on FreeVee and I have too much respect for that series to watch it with commercials again. I did that once when I watched every single episode on a weekly basis but I will not watch any series with commercials now. We've come to far for it. Besides of the very few tv series BD's I own, Fringe is still among them. I could never let it go.

The Shield though has been on Hulu without ever leaving for probably the past seven years. But since Disney owns Hulu they could pull it at anytime and it might never be seen again.

Speaking of which, I really wanted to rewatch Hulu's Future Man which got yanked from the service last Spring due to "Disney's budget cuts" and it has yet to show up anywhere else after a year. You can't even buy the full series from Vudu. They only have the first two seasons available and the only BD release I can find is for a $60 imported version.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/16/2024, 4:16 pm

I harvested my first bag of the year of homegrown lettuce yesterday and today I planted 14 buckets of potatoes.

Our weather has been utter shit and we even had a freak hail storm on a mostly sunny 51 degree Mid-April day.

I'm so behind on all of my planting because of this constant nonsense in 2024.

In another two weeks or so I'm gonna plant another 15 tater buckets.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/16/2024, 10:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I harvested my first bag of the year of homegrown lettuce yesterday and today I planted 14 buckets of potatoes.

Our weather has been utter shit and we even had a freak hail storm on a mostly sunny 51 degree Mid-April day.

I'm so behind on all of my planting because of this constant nonsense in 2024.

In another two weeks or so I'm gonna plant another 15 tater buckets.

Cool! That's a lot of potatoes, isn't it? Weather has been nice all week here, low to high 70's.

I've heard because of the Solar Eclipse, Cicadas are coming out earlier than expected in some parts of the country. I don't know if that's something you need to worry about.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/17/2024, 8:07 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Cool! That's a lot of potatoes, isn't it? Weather has been nice all week here, low to high 70's.

I've heard because of the Solar Eclipse, Cicadas are coming out earlier than expected in some parts of the country. I don't know if that's something you need to worry about.

Last year I only did 9 buckets over the entire growing season but this year I started out with 15 and I've got another batch of potatoes chitting right now that will be ready to go in another two weeks or so and I'll probably plant another 15 buckets. 

Needless to say, I was quite happy with last years testing samples so this year I went much bigger. I'm also growing seven different kinds of potatoes to determine which three or four I like the most and then I'll focus on a more concentrated grow next Spring.

Cicadas are not of any worry for me here but a lot of bugs are out months earlier than last year and I'm already having issues with my lettuce and those water loving fungus gnat bastards AGAIN. Those fuckers!!! Luckily, unlike last year I've expanded into microgreens as well as sowing new lettuce plants every two weeks so that I won't have to go without fresh greens just because of one tainted batch.

I also planted 50 bareroot strawberry plants more than doubling the amount of plants I had last year and they will all create new plants for me in late summer.

Next year, I'd also like to get several fruit trees planted in the Winter since they can take years to produce their first fruit, I really need to get on it if I ever intend to eat fresh fruit before 2030...

I need as many warm sunny days as I can get because last year my season effectively ended September 1st when the sun went away and the heavy rains came. I get barely four months out of the year to grow as much fresh food as I can for the rest of the year, so I'm trying to grow bigger every season.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

UltimateMarvel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/17/2024, 5:38 pm

I watched Kung Pao Panda 4 this past weekend. That was a surprisingly good movie.

Hope your tater crops do well this year. I am debating my tomato plants.

Audit is over. Financials have been issued. And now Q1 is closed. Let the good times roll.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/17/2024, 5:53 pm

joey con carne wrote:I watched Kung Pao Panda 4 this past weekend. That was a surprisingly good movie.

Hope your tater crops do well this year. I am debating my tomato plants.

Audit is over. Financials have been issued. And now Q1 is closed. Let the good times roll.

I don't know If I've ever seen a Kung Pao Panda movie, does Jack Black still do the voice?

All of my tomato plants got destroyed last year when the rains came and split all the fruits like a zipper and knocked em all over the ground before I even got to try more than a handful. No 'Maters for me this year, it's why I went so heavy on the Taters. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/17/2024, 6:54 pm

Yeye Jack Black is still the voice of Po and surprisingly I did not hate Aquafina doing the voice if Jian.

I started replaying Hard Reset on PC. Good shooter game.

Speaking of taters, I bought a meatloaf and mashed pre-made dinner from Costco and god damn it was it so delicious. I have noticed Americans hate meatloaf. Why is that? It is like eating hamburger with some veggies in it. Just something I observed is all.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/17/2024, 7:42 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yeye Jack Black is still the voice of Po and surprisingly I did not hate Aquafina doing the voice if Jian.

I started replaying Hard Reset on PC. Good shooter game.

Speaking of taters, I bought a meatloaf and mashed pre-made dinner from Costco and god damn it was it so delicious. I have noticed Americans hate meatloaf. Why is that? It is like eating hamburger with some veggies in it. Just something I observed is all.

I haven't seen Akwafina since the firstt time she worked with Jack in Jumanji The Next Level.

I do hate Meatloaf. It's always disgusted me. I also hate vegemite. And Peanut butter.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/18/2024, 12:45 am

WyldeMan wrote:

I haven't seen Akwafina since the firstt time she worked with Jack in Jumanji The Next Level.

I do hate Meatloaf. It's always disgusted me. I also hate vegemite. And Peanut butter.

The venerable Vegemite and lettuce sandwich was a staple in my school lunch box. Last time I had one was about 7 days ago Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/18/2024, 3:15 pm

Seriously! what is up with the meatloaf hate?

I googled it and reddit user Googlyeyes183 says

Soo I think it’s a common trope that modern Americans hate it because it’s THE dinner from the 1950s. When people rebelled for the next 30 years, it was the meal that represented everything people were moving against. As a food, though, meatloaf is delicious when it’s done right. I literally made one tonight and I’m 31.

Interesting take. So why do you hate it, Wylde? What makes it disgusting? To me, it's basically eating a giant beef meatball and I fucking love meatballs.

I may have had Vegemite before when I was little and just didn't know it. I've seen photos and videos of vegemite consumption and I can almost swear I've had it based on what it looks like. I did like what I am thinking of so now I need to find Vegemite and have some.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/18/2024, 7:55 pm

joey con carne wrote:Seriously! what is up with the meatloaf hate?

Soo I think it’s a common trope that modern Americans hate it because it’s THE dinner from the 1950s. When people rebelled for the next 30 years, it was the meal that represented everything people were moving against. As a food, though, meatloaf is delicious when it’s done right. I literally made one tonight and I’m 31.

Interesting take. So why do you hate it, Wylde? What makes it disgusting? To me, it's basically eating a giant beef meatball and I fucking love meatballs.

I may have had Vegemite before when I was little and just didn't know it. I've seen photos and videos of vegemite consumption and I can almost swear I've had it based on what it looks like. I did like what I am thinking of so now I need to find Vegemite and have some.

Where most people get it wrong with Vegemite is how they eat it. It's a spread, not a dip. I've seen people (Americans) try it for the first time and they just eat it straight off a spoon. Don't do that.

Whether you're spreading it on bread or some kind of cracker, ensure you have at minimum 50/50 butter to Vegemite ratio. You can have more butter than Vegemite, but never have more Vegemite than butter. It's a lesson learned over years of experience Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2024, 2:35 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2024, 2:37 pm

Some dude lit himself on fire on live tv in protest outside of Trump's trial in NYC....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2024, 4:08 pm

joey con carne wrote:Seriously! what is up with the meatloaf hate?

Yeah that's me, rebelling against 1950's dinners cause I am not some vault dweller scum, sir!!!

Nah, it's more about taste and texture to me. I'm a steak or chicken and potatoes kind of guy, that loaf stuff just doesn't do it for me and it's not something I grew up with. I can't recall anybody in my family ever asking for meat loaf. I wouldn't say I hate it, it's just not a food that I ever think about or plan to eat again in my life.

Rusty wrote:Where most people get it wrong with Vegemite is how they eat it. It's a spread, not a dip. I've seen people (Americans) try it for the first time and they just eat it straight off a spoon. Don't do that.

Whether you're spreading it on bread or some kind of cracker, ensure you have at minimum 50/50 butter to Vegemite ratio. You can have more butter than Vegemite, but never have more Vegemite than butter. It's a lesson learned over years of experience Very Happy

Ah yes, all delicious foods require exact ratios that must be followed so that you can't actually taste said food without other foods to hide it's flavor. I feel like that's something Aussie's just tell the rest of the world because nobody in the world but you people will touch that shit. Razz

I'm fairly certain Vegemite's origins are tied to British Prison Rations and the lies created so an entire continent would be fooled into eating something inedible.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2024, 7:29 pm

Apparently Target will reportedly stop selling physical media in-store and online by 2025. 

This could just be a rumor but it wouldn't really surprise me if it turned out to be true given the current state of their Media sections in my area.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/20/2024, 6:05 am

Are the turbonerds at blu-ray dot com freaking out about this news?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/20/2024, 6:39 pm

joey con carne wrote:Are the turbonerds at blu-ray dot com freaking out about this news?

No idea, if you remember I received a lifetime ban from that forum for asking you people to join my forum way back when. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/20/2024, 7:23 pm

Sony In Bid To Buy Paramount, Huge Studio Merger Would Change Landscape Of Movies
Random Thoughts - Page 11 Paramo11
Studio mergers are becoming the new face of Hollywood. In 2022, Warner Bros. merged with Discovery; three years before that, Disney acquired 21st Century Fox in 2019, and now Sony is reportedly in a joint bid with Apollo Global Management to buy Paramount.

According to the reports, Sony and Apollo haven’t officially submitted a bid to acquire Paramount, but Tony Vinciquerra, the studio’s chief executive, is actively in conversations with Apollo investors to offer cash for shares of the studio. This means Sony would be “in effect taking the company private through a joint venture.”

If Sony goes through with the acquisition of Paramount, there’s a good chance this could change the landscape of movies as we know it. Sony would probably take over Paramount’s operations and rebrand the studio as a sublabel underneath its own media umbrella. This would also mean Paramount’s umbrella would fold into Sony, with the studio adopting networks like Showtime, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, CBS, and Paramount+.

If Sony moves forward and acquires Paramount+, this will be an interesting change as Sony is currently the only big entertainment studio without a streaming service. The acquisition of Paramount’s successful IPs, such as Top Gun, Yellowstone, Spongebob Squarepants, and the Sonic the Hedgehog movies, likely looks very enticing to Sony Picture Studios.

Interestingly, the report that Sony is looking to take over Paramount comes not long after Paramount signed a deal to merge with Skydance Media. Skydance is the production company behind major big-budget blockbuster features like Top Gun: Maverick, Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning, and Transformers: Rise of the Beasts. If Sony and Apollo move forward with their plans, Sony will likely acquire Skydance Media as well.

But Sony isn’t the only company eyeing Paramount Pictures. Last year, reports surfaced describing how Warner Bros. Discovery was looking to suck Paramount up into its media empire. Whether this is still something Warner Bros. Discovery is still considering is unknown as no further reports have been disclosed since then.

No matter what happens, Paramount’s popularity is good news for day traders who own shares of the company’s stock. After Sony’s interest in Paramount was announced, Paramount shares soared 12 percent.

Whether or not Sony takes over Paramount, or if Warner Bros. Discovery or any other studio does instead, there is still a clear trend of studio mergers in Hollywood. This trend is indicative of a broader trend toward consolidation within the entertainment industry, which will likely change the movie landscape going forward. Fewer major players mean more centralized control over content creation, distribution, and IPs, which could lead to a more homogenized entertainment landscape, with fewer independent voices and a smaller pool of diverse content.

Additionally, mergers and acquisitions, like the possible Sony-Paramount merger, often result in corporate restructuring and management changes, which could impact filmmakers, creatives, and employees working within the acquired studios. Shifts in leadership, priorities, and company culture may influence the types of projects greenlit and the creative freedom granted to artists.

We’ll have to wait and see exactly how this Sony-Paramount merger will affect the movie landscape in the future.

Source: GFR

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/20/2024, 11:08 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/21/2024, 10:44 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Some dude lit himself on fire on live tv in protest outside of Trump's trial in NYC....

I saw the video and it was crazy! Online politics and fearmongering will drive people insane. No matter who wins this election, everything will be just fine......to some extent. Laughing

Wylde, post some pics like last time once everything has grown in your garden. I want to see how it turns out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/21/2024, 11:56 pm

joey con carne wrote:Are the turbonerds at blu-ray dot com freaking out about this news?

I pretty much only stick the the Australia sub-forum over there - and the NBA thread - but it's been doom & gloom for Aussies lately. A lot of bigger chains have stopped selling physical media, whilst some just stuck to DVD's as Blu-Ray never really took off here.

I'm sure I've ranted about it on here before, but we get the short end of the stick. There's a thread over there that lists all the films that get a Blu-Ray release in US and Europe, whilst Australia only gets DVD.

Having Amazon Prime has never been a better investment for Blu's. The free expedited international shipping is worth it alone. I just got the entire Friday Night Lights Blu boxset from Ammy UK, to my door in under a week, for $80.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/23/2024, 12:03 pm

Rusty wrote:I pretty much only stick the the Australia sub-forum over there - and the NBA thread - but it's been doom & gloom for Aussies lately. A lot of bigger chains have stopped selling physical media, whilst some just stuck to DVD's as Blu-Ray never really took off here.

I'm sure I've ranted about it on here before, but we get the short end of the stick. There's a thread over there that lists all the films that get a Blu-Ray release in US and Europe, whilst Australia only gets DVD.

Having Amazon Prime has never been a better investment for Blu's. The free expedited international shipping is worth it alone. I just got the entire Friday Night Lights Blu boxset from Ammy UK, to my door in under a week, for $80.

Amarzon for blu’s? But what about slips? Omg you might not get slips or might get a cracked case through the post.

You’re playing with fire, man.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/23/2024, 2:43 pm

joey con carne wrote:

Amarzon for blu’s? But what about slips? Omg you might not get slips or might get a cracked case through the post.

You’re playing with fire, man.

Slips go in the recycle bin.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/24/2024, 4:18 pm

I watched Scargiver Part II because I wanted to punish myself by seeing if Snyder could make an even shittier film the second time around and he did!!! 

The endless slo-mo is INSANE! There's even a scene featuring all band of warriors and villagers harvesting grain in slo-mo for over five minutes in the opening half hour!!! It was hilariously mental. 

Every scene was somehow worse than the one before it and by the end I truly felt dumber having sat through it. 

Thank you Zack Snyder for making a funny sci-fi spoof ala Space Balls that will keep myself and the internet laughing for a very very long time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/24/2024, 6:41 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2024, 10:29 am

The unstoppable T-Swift has done it again...

Taylor Swift’s ‘Tortured Poets’ Becomes First Album to Get One Billion Streams on Spotify in a Single Week
Random Thoughts - Page 11 The-al10
Spotify announced Wednesday that Taylor Swift‘s “The Tortured Poets Department” has become the first album in the app’s history to pick up a billion streams in a single week. And it did that with still a couple of days left to go in the seven-day period in question.

The previous high-water mark for most album streams in a week belonged to Swift’s last all-new release, “Midnights,” in October 2022. Spotify did not release a specific figure when it announced at the time that “Midnights” had broken the record, but observers adding the numbers through publicly available Spotify data at the time estimated the figure to be in the 700,000s.

That “Tortured Poets” is setting new Spotify records five days into its run is not a surprise. Previously, the DSP had announced that the album had surpassed 300 million streams in just its first day out.

Overall sales-and-streaming figures won’t become official till the chart week wraps up at the close of day Thursday and Luminate reports results on Sunday. But projections are that the new album will easily surpass 2 million in album-equivalent units, which would be the highest numbers by far for any album since Adele released “25” nine years ago.

Luminate and Billboard reported that “The Tortured Poets Department” had already become the bestselling vinyl release in a single week in the modern era by selling 700,000 LP copies in its first three days of release, with four days left to go in the week. That number is the highest since accurate records for sales began to be collected by SoundScan in 1991.

As far as Spotify alone goes, the service has reported several record-breaking feats for Swift since the album came out, prior to Wednesday’s billion news.

Several single-day records were announced by Spotify after the album’s first day in circulation. The single “Fortnight,” which features Post Malone, became the most-streamed song in a single day in Spotify history on its first day of release. “Tortured Poets” similarly set a record at that time for the service’s most-streamed album in one day, and Swift became the artist accruing the most streams in a day for Spotify.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/25/2024, 10:00 pm

Where did she find the time to do another album? I thought she was busy going all over the world on her Eras Tour?

WyldeMan wrote:I watched Scargiver Part II because I wanted to punish myself by seeing if Snyder could make an even shittier film the second time around and he did!!! 

The endless slo-mo is INSANE! There's even a scene featuring all band of warriors and villagers harvesting grain in slo-mo for over five minutes in the opening half hour!!! It was hilariously mental. 

Every scene was somehow worse than the one before it and by the end I truly felt dumber having sat through it. 

Thank you Zack Snyder for making a funny sci-fi spoof ala Space Balls that will keep myself and the internet laughing for a very very long time.

I just finished watching it. I can't believe he slo-moed the harvesting. What was even the point of that?

There were some cool shots in the battle at the end but that's all the positives I can think of.

The story with the princess didn't go anywhere and we didn't get any answers on what she is or what makes her special.

I thought this movie was going to be the end but they left it open for a third one. Since they released them not too far apart I assumed it was a complete story.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2024, 10:25 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Where did she find the time to do another album? I thought she was busy going all over the world on her Eras Tour?

I just finished watching it. I can't believe he slo-moed the harvesting. What was even the point of that?

There were some cool shots in the battle at the end but that's all the positives I can think of.

The story with the princess didn't go anywhere and we didn't get any answers on what she is or what makes her special.

I thought this movie was going to be the end but they left it open for a third one. Since they released them not too far apart I assumed it was a complete story.

My current working theory is that T-Swift funded her very own Cadmus Labs with her billions of dollars. There are almost definitely multiple Taylor's running around simultaneously conquering the world but nobody knows because one of those clones possibly the same one that wrote Argylle also handles the wet work to silence any whistleblowers. Which is also how one of them is currently on her Eras Tour. Clones man. Clones. Dozens and Dozens of Taylors... 

Snyder will slo-mo absolutely anything! He's somehow more boring than Terrence Malick's long lingering shots of wheat and or grass blowing in the wind for ten minutes at a time.

Ever since the first movie, I kept thinking they'd reveal that because Snyder is a totally unoriginal Star Wars hack that Sam would eventually be revealed to be Princess Issa with a memory block. Which is why the ridiculously named robot Jimmy is always watching over her. They'll likely spend one or two more Netflix movies eventually getting to that exact reveal years from now.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/26/2024, 9:30 pm

WyldeMan wrote:My current working theory is that T-Swift funded her very own Cadmus Labs with her billions of dollars. There are almost definitely multiple Taylor's running around simultaneously conquering the world but nobody knows because one of those clones possibly the same one that wrote Argylle also handles the wet work to silence any whistleblowers. Which is also how one of them is currently on her Eras Tour. Clones man. Clones. Dozens and Dozens of Taylors... 

I am intrigued and terrified at the same time. Which brings up the question, is Travis Kelce with the real Taylor Swift or with her clone? scratch

WyldeMan wrote:Snyder will slo-mo absolutely anything! He's somehow more boring than Terrence Malick's long lingering shots of wheat and or grass blowing in the wind for ten minutes at a time.

Ever since the first movie, I kept thinking they'd reveal that because Snyder is a totally unoriginal Star Wars hack that Sam would eventually be revealed to be Princess Issa with a memory block. Which is why the ridiculously named robot Jimmy is always watching over her. They'll likely spend one or two more Netflix movies eventually getting to that exact reveal years from now.

I was wondering where Sam's story would go too because James seemed protective of her. And I don't know why he was waiting so long to join the fight at the end when he could saved so many lives easily. He was just in the mountains watching everything happen. Maybe the DC will give is some answers. Laughing
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11