BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killers of the Flower Moon (Streaming Globally on Apple TV+ January 12th)

3 posters

Go down

Killers of the Flower Moon (Streaming Globally on Apple TV+ January 12th) Empty Killers of the Flower Moon (Streaming Globally on Apple TV+ January 12th)

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2023, 2:41 pm

Based on David Grann's broadly lauded best-selling book, "Killers of the Flower Moon" is set in 1920s Oklahoma and depicts the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that came to be known as the Reign of Terror.

The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and Lily Gladstone with Jesse Plemons, Tantoo Cardinal, John Lithgow and Brendan Fraser in supporting roles. It marks the sixth feature film collaboration between Scorsese and DiCaprio and the tenth between Scorsese and De Niro.
Killers of the Flower Moon (Streaming Globally on Apple TV+ January 12th) Kotfm-12

Last edited by WyldeMan on 1/4/2024, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Killers of the Flower Moon (Streaming Globally on Apple TV+ January 12th) Empty Re: Killers of the Flower Moon (Streaming Globally on Apple TV+ January 12th)

Post by Rusty 9/13/2023, 6:00 pm

I've been waiting for this. I've had the book on my "must read" list for a while. Still haven't gotten to it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Killers of the Flower Moon (Streaming Globally on Apple TV+ January 12th) Empty Re: Killers of the Flower Moon (Streaming Globally on Apple TV+ January 12th)

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2023, 7:10 pm

Rusty wrote:I've been waiting for this. I've had the book on my "must read" list for a while. Still haven't gotten to it.

Killers is definitely one that's been on my radar for several years now. I think it is interesting that Scorsese had such a massive change of mind during his down time in the pandemic and rewrote the script with Dicaprio switching characters with Plemmons. When I saw the first trailer I was confused because I was expecting Dicaprio to be another vicious villain and then I read about all the changes this movie went through in the last couple of years. 

Killers and Napoleon with Joaquin Phoenix were both shot for Apple+ but then exceeded every expectation so they're thankfully getting the theatrical treatment they deserve and look to be two of my most anticipated movies of the last four months of the year.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/13/2023, 9:08 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Killers is definitely one that's been on my radar for several years now. I think it is interesting that Scorsese had such a massive change of mind during his down time in the pandemic and rewrote the script with Dicaprio switching characters with Plemmons. When I saw the first trailer I was confused because I was expecting Dicaprio to be another vicious villain and then I read about all the changes this movie went through in the last couple of years. 

Killers and Napoleon with Joaquin Phoenix were both shot for Apple+ but then exceeded every expectation so they're thankfully getting the theatrical treatment they deserve and look to be two of my most anticipated movies of the last four months of the year.

I read that bringing in the Osage Nation had a massive impact on Scorsese's original vision of the film.

It'll be interesting to see how they portray DiCaprio's character, Ernest Burkhart. He was convicted of being a part of the conspiracy, so definitely not a good guy.

Should be good.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2023, 9:44 pm

Rusty wrote:I read that bringing in the Osage Nation had a massive impact on Scorsese's original vision of the film.

It'll be interesting to see how they portray DiCaprio's character, Ernest Burkhart. He was convicted of being a part of the conspiracy, so definitely not a good guy.

Should be good.

Yeah Marty realized this movie was too white and did some rewriting but I wonder if he has seen any of his other movies cause they are white as snow. Razz 

I joke but I know this is a very serious real life subject and it is genuinely a good thing that unlike Taylor Sheridan, Marty consulted the actual people he's writing about instead of just exploiting them from an egotistical point of view for his own benefit. 

Dicaprio's Ernest seems like more of a morally grey character in the movie since he's not a straight up cold blooded murderer like he was originally going to play as I'd been imagining a return to form of Calvin Candy prior to seeing the trailers and learning about the switch but either way, its going to be good.

Seriously though, the trailers for Killer and Napoleon are just stunning. 2023 has been another very rough year for new releases but I am very excited for both films and feel like they can save the year.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/3/2024, 12:00 am

Usually I can sit through any movie but I felt the length of this movie. I didn't know anything about this and it was infuriating learning about what happened to the Osage people. DeNiro who played William Hale was a real bastard. Great performances here by some but not sure why Leo took on this role just based on his character alone, he was basically an idiot who did whatever he was told. Maybe it's because of Scorsese.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2024, 1:22 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Usually I can sit through any movie but I felt the length of this movie. I didn't know anything about this and it was infuriating learning about what happened to the Osage people. DeNiro who played William Hale was a real bastard. Great performances here by some but not sure why Leo took on this role just based on his character alone, he was basically an idiot who did whatever he was told. Maybe it's because of Scorsese.

I believe it was Leo who asked for it. Originally he was suppose to play Tom White (Jesse Plemons character), but convinced Marty to let him play Ernherst.

Is this out on streaming yet or did you pay for it?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2024, 12:59 pm

Rusty wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Usually I can sit through any movie but I felt the length of this movie. I didn't know anything about this and it was infuriating learning about what happened to the Osage people. DeNiro who played William Hale was a real bastard. Great performances here by some but not sure why Leo took on this role just based on his character alone, he was basically an idiot who did whatever he was told. Maybe it's because of Scorsese.

I believe it was Leo who asked for it. Originally he was suppose to play Tom White (Jesse Plemons character), but convinced Marty to let him play Ernherst.

Is this out on streaming yet or did you pay for it?

Yup, Rust nailed it. Originally Leo was going to be the villain but Quarantine made him want to play an idiot so Marty rewrote the movie. 

Director Paul Schrader recently said it best:

“Marty compares me to a Flemish miniaturist. He would be more the type who paints Renaissance frescoes,” Schrader said. “Give him $200 million, a good film will inevitably come out of it. That said, I would have preferred Leonardo DiCaprio to play the role of the cop in ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ rather than the role of the idiot. Spending three-and-a-half hours in the company of an idiot is a long time.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/3/2024, 5:43 pm

Rusty wrote:I believe it was Leo who asked for it. Originally he was suppose to play Tom White (Jesse Plemons character), but convinced Marty to let him play Ernherst.

Damn it Leo! Tom White would have been a much better role for him. But Jesse did a great job with it too and I can't say he doesn't deserve it either.

Rusty wrote:Is this out on streaming yet or did you pay for it?

I'm afraid I can't say.....if you know what I mean. Wink

WyldeMan wrote:Yup, Rust nailed it. Originally Leo was going to be the villain but Quarantine made him want to play an idiot so Marty rewrote the movie. 

Director Paul Schrader recently said it best:

“Marty compares me to a Flemish miniaturist. He would be more the type who paints Renaissance frescoes,” Schrader said. “Give him $200 million, a good film will inevitably come out of it. That said, I would have preferred Leonardo DiCaprio to play the role of the cop in ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ rather than the role of the idiot. Spending three-and-a-half hours in the company of an idiot is a long time.”

Couldn't agree more! This was beneath Leo's acting caliber. Up until a certain of the movie I thought maybe he didn't know what was really happening to his wife and all those deaths in the town but it became clear as the movie went on, he's a piece of shit who had no mind of his own until the end but even then it was questionable.

This was absolutely not in the level of The Departed. There is no re-watch value in this, you take it all in and move on. I would put this movie in the most bottom of Leo's roles. Sorry Leo! Sad
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2024, 8:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Damn it Leo! Tom White would have been a much better role for him. But Jesse did a great job with it too and I can't say he doesn't deserve it either.

What's funny is, historically, you would expect Jessse Plemons to be cast as that Ernherst type of character. Glad he nailed the Tom White character though. He's such an under-appreciated actor.

I would bet Leo saw the idea of Ernherst being that complex "is he in on it, is he not" character where he gets to act and do facial expressions and thought, "awards season".

UltimateMarvel wrote:
I'm afraid I can't say.....if you know what I mean. Wink

Abe the Bandit.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2024, 8:46 pm

Rusty wrote:I would bet Leo saw the idea of Ernherst being that complex "is he in on it, is he not" character where he gets to act and do facial expressions and thought, "awards season".

Leo doesn't even consider a role unless it comes with an Oscar Nomination.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/4/2024, 3:22 pm

Rusty wrote:What's funny is, historically, you would expect Jessse Plemons to be cast as that Ernherst type of character. Glad he nailed the Tom White character though. He's such an under-appreciated actor.

Yep. Jesse can literally play any role honestly.

Rusty wrote:I would bet Leo saw the idea of Ernherst being that complex "is he in on it, is he not" character where he gets to act and do facial expressions and thought, "awards season".

Laughing This might be the real reason.

Rusty wrote:Abe the Bandit.

I have no idea what you're talking about, sir. Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2024, 7:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Laughing This might be the real reason.

Leo loves to show his range in acting and facially and one time even in an iron mask but he's already played an idiot quite recently in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Rick Dalton allowed him to showed the more amusing comedic side of a fictional Hollywood idiot in Rick Dalton and it worked because it didn't take things too seriously and had a very funny ending but from all accounts Killers is just a bleak and depressing look at a real life moron who got a lot of innocent people violently killed. 

It was a very odd choice IMO but I'm curious to see his next follow up though I can't say I don't understand his real life distraction at the time since his girlfriend was turning 27 and he had to break it off and find a 22 year old replacement asap. Things were looking scary for a moment but I'm told he recovered nicely.

Btw, it was announced today that Killers will be available to stream globally on Apple TV+ beginning next Friday, January 12th.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/5/2024, 12:53 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Leo loves to show his range in acting and facially and one time even in an iron mask but he's already played an idiot quite recently in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Rick Dalton allowed him to showed the more amusing comedic side of a fictional Hollywood idiot in Rick Dalton and it worked because it didn't take things too seriously and had a very funny ending but from all accounts Killers is just a bleak and depressing look at a real life moron who got a lot of innocent people violently killed. 

True. Rick Dalton was great, I enjoyed the character and all the comedy.

WyldeMan wrote:It was a very odd choice IMO but I'm curious to see his next follow up though I can't say I don't understand his real life distraction at the time since his girlfriend was turning 27 and he had to break it off and find a 22 year old replacement asap. Things were looking scary for a moment but I'm told he recovered nicely.

I think it's time he slowed down and got married. You can't do that forever.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/5/2024, 4:43 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

I'm pretty sure Leo would rather die trying Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/5/2024, 6:48 pm

Rusty wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

I'm pretty sure Leo would rather die trying Very Happy

Remember when everybody said the same about Clooney?

Though Leo is legit OG Pussy Posse, one of the all-time legendary cooze hounds so I don't see him ever hoping off that 22-27 year old super model train and why would/should he just because society pretends like they don't approve? Please, he's gonna drown in super model juice until the day he dies.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down