BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 13 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/28/2021, 1:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Spent three hours shoveling and wasn't able to get out. I'm snowed in for the foreseeable future.

3 hours?!!! That's a lot of work. Just let the sun take care of it. Laughing
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2021, 1:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Spent three hours shoveling and wasn't able to get out. I'm snowed in for the foreseeable future.

3 hours?!!! That's a lot of work. Just let the sun take care of it. Laughing

The sun only hit my property for one hour in late afternoon yesterday.

I've got a half mile gravel driveway that runs from my property out to a main road, its all up hill and its all frozen solid.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/28/2021, 3:37 pm

Half a mile? Sounds like you're in a very secluded spot. Must be beautiful where you live.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2021, 4:07 pm

joey con carne wrote:Half a mile? Sounds like you're in a very secluded spot. Must be beautiful where you live.

It is, I've got thick forest on three sides on my property with a creek running through the back and my nearest neighbor is about the length of my driveway away from me. I could never move to a city, I've lived wild for too long.

It started snowing again and now my weather report is calling for it to continue through the weekend. This could get rough.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/29/2021, 2:15 am

Everytime I see any kinds of programs/documentaries about the northwest Pacific, I just want to pack up and move. My cousin is in Oregon and she showed me some trails that were a 20 minute drive from her house. Took me a few moments to pick my jaw up from the floor.

Definitely going to visit on an extended stay at some point. NY sucks ass and I want to leave but my personal situation doesn’t make it easy. For now, I can only dream.

Also, I suggest a snowblower. Don’t fuck up your back trying to shovel too much. It ain’t worth your health.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2021, 8:24 am

joey con carne wrote:Everytime I see any kinds of programs/documentaries about the northwest Pacific, I just want to pack up and move. My cousin is in Oregon and she showed me some trails that were a 20 minute drive from her house. Took me a few moments to pick my jaw up from the floor.

Definitely going to visit on an extended stay at some point. NY sucks ass and I want to leave but my personal situation doesn’t make it easy. For now, I can only dream.

Also, I suggest a snowblower. Don’t fuck up your back trying to shovel too much. It ain’t worth your health.

We are definitely not lacking here in the Pacific Northwest for mountain trails with waterfalls and endless green.

Just like the trees forming the perimeter around my house, I've got beautiful mountains on three sides.

It's funny as a kid all I wanted was to get out of here but as soon as I grew up and went everywhere else, I never wanted to leave it again.

All that snow shoveling was to dig out my car just so I could get it into the safety of the barn. I didn't expect more than a day of snow so I didn't prepare like I normally do and I got caught for it.

In the past we only got a snow every five or six years and it lasted for a day or two but over the last three years we've been getting hit with blizzards that last two weeks. I think it's time I remember that climate change is now dictating everything and I should plan accordingly. A snowblower is very likely in my future.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2021, 8:26 am

John Madden has died at 85 years old, RIP Coach.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/29/2021, 8:51 am

That explains why I have been seeing quite a few John Madden posts on the Facebook. From the outside looking in, he had a pretty dope career.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2021, 2:38 pm

Hey Joey, Ghislaine Maxwell was found guilty on five of her six Felony charges.

I wonder how long into her sentence before she also "kills herself".

Ghislaine Maxwell was found guilty today of five of the six felony counts brought against her related to her work and relationship with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Epstein died in jail in 2019. His death was ruled a suicide.

Maxwell was convicted today on the following charges:

1. Conspiracy to entice a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts GUILTY
2. Enticement of a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts NOT GUILTY
3. Conspiracy to transport a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity GUILTY
4. Transportation of a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity GUILTY
5. Conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of minors GUILTY
6. Perjury related to testimony given in 2016 GUILTY

According to the New York Times, Maxwell could be subject to as many as 40 years in prison for count 6, four years for count 4 and five years each for the remaining charges.

She is the daughter of the disgraced British media baron, Robert Maxwell who died mysteriously in 1991.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/29/2021, 7:16 pm

Just read about that verdict. Looks like she won't be seeing the light of day for quite some time. I didn't really follow the trial much but I would love to see Prince Andrew get fucked up next.

Has anyone here gotten their booster shot yet?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2021, 7:37 pm

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I loved it but I got no signal inside the house. Worked fine outside but not inside. Nobody has had this issue inside the house before. I called the carrier and they did what they could but it didn't fix it. I took the SIM card out and put it in a different phone and that phone worked, this phone is fucked and it's brand new. Anyone experience a similar issue before?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/29/2021, 8:17 pm

You can always try a factory reset. That usually works wonders.

How much did you pay for that? The S21 Ultra was only selling for like $900 and that was the holiday deal without a trade-in from the regular price of $1,200. I say "only" $900 because all the flagship phones out there are selling for $1,000+. $900 is definitely a lot of money.

I've been using the 13 Pro since November and holy shit, I am impressed.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/29/2021, 9:18 pm

Are snowblowers available (and possibly cheaper) in the Spring/Summer or only available in Fall/Winter so prices don’t really change?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2021, 10:18 pm

The blizzard took the afternoon off but then returned with a vengeance an hour ago.

There doesn't seem to be an end in sight for these storms.

Also, it's 17 degrees outside.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/30/2021, 7:18 am

Tyger wrote:Are snowblowers available (and possibly cheaper) in the Spring/Summer or only available in Fall/Winter so prices don’t really change?
Snowblowers are available year-round but definitely do go on sale more during spring/summer. I put some alerts on slickdeals and while deals have popped up, I haven't bought one for myself yet.

WyldeMan wrote:The blizzard took the afternoon off but then returned with a vengeance an hour ago.

There doesn't seem to be an end in sight for these storms.

Also, it's 17 degrees outside.

How many inches ya gotz so far?

I keep saying this is the year I'm going to buy a snow blower but lately, during snow storms, I shovel every hour or two to make sure my driveway and walkways are clear. It's a pain in the ass but if I shovel often enough, I can just push the snow while walking instead of having to put my back into it. My strategy has worked pretty okay.

The only thing that sucks is my driveway gets plowed in by the town trucks that drive around. I have to spend some decent time shoveling that but I only do so much and then just run it over with my car when it's like six or eight inches or so left on it. I have a decently heavy car and enough space in my driveway to pick up just enough speed to get over it without being in danger.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2021, 10:08 am

joey con carne wrote:How many inches ya gotz so far?

I keep saying this is the year I'm going to buy a snow blower but lately, during snow storms, I shovel every hour or two to make sure my driveway and walkways are clear. It's a pain in the ass but if I shovel often enough, I can just push the snow while walking instead of having to put my back into it. My strategy has worked pretty okay.

The only thing that sucks is my driveway gets plowed in by the town trucks that drive around. I have to spend some decent time shoveling that but I only do so much and then just run it over with my car when it's like six or eight inches or so left on it. I have a decently heavy car and enough space in my driveway to pick up just enough speed to get over it without being in danger.

I stopped measuring before we hit the two foot mark cause I don't want to go outside again.

Every time I check the weather report it says we can expect 1"-3" new inches but I'm fairly certain we've been averaging that per hour. 

BTW, its been snowing since my last update and it's currently 16 degrees with 13 mph winds.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/30/2021, 12:36 pm

Imagine all that snow is in your head? It's really only a slight powdering and in a few days your friends are going to come by and they will say you stopped answering your phone for a week, your family is worried, and they have no freaking clue what you're talking about when you say there was a blizzard.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2021, 12:38 pm

joey con carne wrote:Imagine all that snow is in your head? It's really only a slight powdering and in a few days your friends are going to come by and they will say you stopped answering your phone for a week, your family is worried, and they have no freaking clue what you're talking about when you say there was a blizzard.

I smoke weed not LSD..... Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/30/2021, 12:42 pm

Wylde, I have been checking the weather and there are no reports of any snow, at all, on the west coast at this time. What is going on, dude???
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/30/2021, 3:19 pm

joey con carne wrote:You can always try a factory reset. That usually works wonders.

How much did you pay for that? The S21 Ultra was only selling for like $900 and that was the holiday deal without a trade-in from the regular price of $1,200. I say "only" $900 because all the flagship phones out there are selling for $1,000+. $900 is definitely a lot of money.

I've been using the 13 Pro since November and holy shit, I am impressed.

I tried factory reset and also wiped the cache but no difference.

I paid $350 for mine. I'm not getting the latest phone, I never do. Price drops significantly the next year anyway. I hate how phones now have 3 cameras, I didn't even use the one camera my old phone had. Stupid manufacturers, not everyone is trying to be Instagram or tiktok famous. If they sold different versions and the lowest one had 1 camera, I would buy that one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/31/2021, 7:57 am

I was the same way for a while. Hell, I used my previous two phones well beyond their actual useful life. Unfortunately for me, my need for a camera changed which is really what these phones are marketed for.

You're totally right about that. I think it's the camera systems (and the respective software for the cameras) which really drive the phone prices.

If all you need to do is make calls and occassionally browse the web, anything not the flagships are really enough so I definitely see where you're coming from.

As for the problem you're having with your phone, if a factory reset didn't help at all, the next thing I would do is go through your cellular settings and make sure you're using the right information. Is your phone purchased unlocked of direct from your carrier? I ask this because if you bought it unlocked, you might have to make sure the APN settings are correct. Also, make sure you are using the LTE band.

If none of that works, you might have some luck taking it to a Samsung store to see if they can troubleshoot any of the settings for you. The problem with that is you won't know if anything they've done has worked until you bring the phone home. If that doesn't work, I would say you might need a warranty exchange but just make sure you're getting a brand new phone and not some refurb. Apple does that shit and it annoys me to no end.

Interestingly for me, when I was on AT&T, I had no service in my basement. I switched to T-Mobile and now I have better service than I did with AT&T. I also shut off the 5G on my phone and notice the LTE band is at four bars at all times outside. I get better LTE service than 5G. I don't understand the point of 5G at this time. It's the same shit as LTE where I am.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2021, 11:42 am

Ah man, Betty White has died at 99 years old, just 17 days shy of her 100th birthday. 

I swear, sometimes I wondered if she was going to live forever.

Her scenes in Lake Placid will remain timeless to me.

RIP Betty White.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/31/2021, 12:59 pm

RIP Betty White, so sad
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/31/2021, 1:29 pm

joey con carne wrote:I was the same way for a while. Hell, I used my previous two phones well beyond their actual useful life. Unfortunately for me, my need for a camera changed which is really what these phones are marketed for.

You're totally right about that. I think it's the camera systems (and the respective software for the cameras) which really drive the phone prices.

If all you need to do is make calls and occassionally browse the web, anything not the flagships are really enough so I definitely see where you're coming from.

As for the problem you're having with your phone, if a factory reset didn't help at all, the next thing I would do is go through your cellular settings and make sure you're using the right information. Is your phone purchased unlocked of direct from your carrier? I ask this because if you bought it unlocked, you might have to make sure the APN settings are correct. Also, make sure you are using the LTE band.

If none of that works, you might have some luck taking it to a Samsung store to see if they can troubleshoot any of the settings for you. The problem with that is you won't know if anything they've done has worked until you bring the phone home. If that doesn't work, I would say you might need a warranty exchange but just make sure you're getting a brand new phone and not some refurb. Apple does that shit and it annoys me to no end.

Interestingly for me, when I was on AT&T, I had no service in my basement. I switched to T-Mobile and now I have better service than I did with AT&T. I also shut off the 5G on my phone and notice the LTE band is at four bars at all times outside. I get better LTE service than 5G. I don't understand the point of 5G at this time. It's the same shit as LTE where I am.

I checked the APN settings and everything checked out. I got LTE outside the house and had great signal strength too. My S7 worked in the basement and ground floor, S10+ doesn't work in either until I step outside. I have returned the phone and bought another one again. If this new one has the same issues then these new models probably don't have as good hardware specs as previous models. My mom has an S9+ and hers works just fine so I might have to downgrade if it comes down to it.

And I agree, 5G has not caught up yet. Even 4G is not fully developed and it's why we get LTE signal now which is kind of a beta 4G from my understanding. It's fast enough to watch YouTube videos in HD without buffering/freezing though so I'm not going to complain.

WyldeMan wrote:Ah man, Betty White has died at 99 years old, just 17 days shy of her 100th birthday. 

I swear, sometimes I wondered if she was going to live forever.

Her scenes in Lake Placid will remain timeless to me.

RIP Betty White.

Tyger wrote:RIP Betty White, so sad

I just heard, very sad. RIP Betty White.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/31/2021, 1:57 pm

I’m sure the replacement will be fine. Samsung phones have improved leaps and bounds in the last few years. They definitely did not downgrade the hardware. The performance of their phones doesn’t support that hypothesis.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/1/2022, 7:46 pm

joey con carne wrote:I’m sure the replacement will be fine. Samsung phones have improved leaps and bounds in the last few years. They definitely did not downgrade the hardware. The performance of their phones doesn’t support that hypothesis.

Hope so, I'll let you know if it works or not.

Happy New Year guys!!! Random Thoughts - Page 13 1f37b This is the year...
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/2/2022, 3:54 pm

Robert Bruce, Comic Book Men Cast Member, Found Dead at 62
Random Thoughts - Page 13 Robert10
Robert Bruce, a cast member from Kevin Smith’s AMC reality-TV series Comic Book Men, was found dead on Friday. He was 62.

Bruce was found inside a Red Bank, N.J. storage facility that doubled as his office. His family believed he had been living in a basement unit, NJ.com reported, and police were alerted after they hadn’t heard from him in several days.

No foul play is suspected.

Bruce appeared in 34 episodes of Comic Book Men, which ran from 2012-2018, and has producing and consulting credits on 82 episodes. The show, set at Smith’s comic book shop called Jay and Bob’s Silent Stash, also starred Smith, Walt Flanagan, Mike Zapcic, Bryan Johnson and Ming Chen.

Smith tweeted on Sunday that Bruce “was always a welcome addition to any episode of @ComicBookMenAMC, as well as a nice guy. I’ll miss Rob.”

Even before appearing in the series, Bruce had been known as a collectibles expert for decades. He was last heard from on Instagram, where he posted on Dec. 22 from a New Jersey flea market. On his page, he touted himself as a “pop culturist and convention Guru, kaiju zoo wrangler, and a toy and comic geek.” He also co-founded the New Jersey Horror Con.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/2/2022, 4:06 pm

Poor Rob Bruce man, living in his storage unit in the dead of winter?? He probably froze to death.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/2/2022, 4:27 pm

That's terrible. Alone in a storage facility. Poor guy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/2/2022, 4:56 pm

That's a crazy story. How does something like that happen? It sounds like he had a pretty successful career. That sucks.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/2/2022, 7:05 pm

Damn, that’s sad, I always liked when he showed up
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/3/2022, 4:53 pm

Joey, I got the new phone and this works perfectly. Even works in the basement. Still don't understand what was wrong with that other one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/4/2022, 8:26 am

Sweet. That's good to hear. Just a factory defect, I'm sure. Bad luck you got that one phone out of thousands or what not with an issue.

My friend had the S10 Plus and it lasted him almost three years until he upgraded to the 21 this year. He wouldn't have even upgraded except his trade-in value was getting really low so he went for an upgrade.

That's one nice thing about Samsung electronics. They give a lot of trade-in value for their phones and laptops, etc.

In other news: Elizabeth Holmes was convicted of four counts of fraud. Love it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2022, 12:30 pm

Ghostbusters Afterlife is finally on deck for tonight. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/4/2022, 2:55 pm

Just looked that movie up. I've really been living under a rock the last few months. I had never even heard of it before.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2022, 3:31 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just looked that movie up. I've really been living under a rock the last few months. I had never even heard of it before.

Are you talking about Ghostbusters Afterlife?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/4/2022, 4:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:Sweet. That's good to hear. Just a factory defect, I'm sure. Bad luck you got that one phone out of thousands or what not with an issue.

My friend had the S10 Plus and it lasted him almost three years until he upgraded to the 21 this year. He wouldn't have even upgraded except his trade-in value was getting really low so he went for an upgrade.

That's one nice thing about Samsung electronics. They give a lot of trade-in value for their phones and laptops, etc.

Yeah, I checked their trade-in offers and they even include a free wireless earbuds. But you have to trade-in a phone in good condition.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/4/2022, 4:42 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Are you talking about Ghostbusters Afterlife?

Yes, sir.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/6/2022, 9:05 am

Holy balls, it is windy outside today. Mix that with the colder weather and it feels even colder. Just this past weekend it was almost 60 degrees!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/6/2022, 10:37 am

Test results came in today and I got COVID. Random Thoughts - Page 13 1f637
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/6/2022, 5:05 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Test results came in today and I got COVID. Random Thoughts - Page 13 1f637

Shit. Do you know when/where you were exposed to it?

Were you wearing a mask?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/6/2022, 7:42 pm

Oh shit, Abe, that sucks. Do you know what variant? At least you’re vaxxed so hopefully it won’t be too bad.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/7/2022, 11:28 am

Rusty wrote:Shit. Do you know when/where you were exposed to it?

Were you wearing a mask?

Probably at work some time last week because I just found out the people I work with were sick too. I always wear a mask at work.

Tyger wrote:Oh shit, Abe, that sucks. Do you know what variant? At least you’re vaxxed so hopefully it won’t be too bad.

No, it doesn't mention which variant but I would assume Delta. Not too bad but feel extremely tired.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/8/2022, 11:57 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Rusty wrote:Shit. Do you know when/where you were exposed to it?

Were you wearing a mask?

Probably at work some time last week because I just found out the people I work with were sick too. I always wear a mask at work.

Tyger wrote:Oh shit, Abe, that sucks. Do you know what variant? At least you’re vaxxed so hopefully it won’t be too bad.

No, it doesn't mention which variant but I would assume Delta. Not too bad but feel extremely tired.

Oh shit, I missed these earlier posts. So it sounds like you've got mostly mild symptoms? Hopefully it's not fuckin with your lungs or your heart.

We're nearly two years in and this shit is thriving just as much today as it was then.

These days I only go out for grocery shopping and I only have over company that I know I can trust. Luckily I live on such wide open property that for me quarantining is basically just homesteading.

I just wanted to say that I hope you get through this shit quick.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/8/2022, 7:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Oh shit, I missed these earlier posts. So it sounds like you've got mostly mild symptoms? Hopefully it's not fuckin with your lungs or your heart.

We're nearly two years in and this shit is thriving just as much today as it was then.

These days I only go out for grocery shopping and I only have over company that I know I can trust. Luckily I live on such wide open property that for me quarantining is basically just homesteading.

I just wanted to say that I hope you get through this shit quick.

I made it 2 years without catching it and I've been around family members who have had it, or I had it and I just didn't have any symptoms. Eventually everyone gets it I guess and it's only a matter of time. But it's day 5 and I'm feeling much better.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next