BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

1 - Random Thoughts Empty Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 3/13/2021, 10:09 am

Might as well get a VPN. I use Windscribe and if you sogn up for three years it gets pretty cheap per month. There are other options out there and you should get one for your specific needs etc etc. the added few bucks a month on top of the $15 a month for HBO is totally worth it.

I also recommend Discovery+.

I am also glad to say Verizon did not screw me over. I passed the one year mark and they are still only charging me $40.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

1 - Random Thoughts Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 3/13/2021, 4:03 pm

MGM Replaces Iconic Leo the Lion with New CG-Animated Mascot
After a century of roaring at audiences on the big screen, the MGM lion is no more. That is, the live-action version of Leo the lion has now been replaced with a CG-animated Leo taking his place. Leo roars in a manner that looks very similar to the live-action version, but the noticeable change might still bug filmgoers who've long grown accustomed to the classic Leo. How you feel about it is up for you to decide, and you can check out the unveiling of the CG mascot above.

While the MGM mascot is referred to as a single lion named Leo, there were in fact eight different lions used by the studio for the company's logo since 1916. The last version of the lion that had been used since 1957 before the CG-Leo's unveiling was actually named "Leo," though the ones before him had different names. For 64 years, Leo has served just fine with his job in welcoming filmgoers to MGM movies, but the powers that be felt that the time had simply come for a change to be made.

While we're just now seeing the CG-animated Leo the lion, MGM has been planning to reveal the new mascot for a long time. Developed in collaboration with Baked Studios, the lion was originally set to debut with the premiere of No Time to Die, the latest James Bond movie. Due to the pandemic, that movie has undergone several major delays, pushing back Leo's introduction to movie theater audiences as well. Rather than wait for the movie's release this fall, MGM opted to release the logo this week on YouTube instead.

To see the new Leo on the big screen, he is now set to make his theatrical debut in July with the premiere of Dog, a new comedy starring Channing Tatum and Reid Carolin. He'll follow with another appearance in theaters the next month when the Arethra Franklin biopic Respect, with Jennifer Hudson as the iconic singer, has its official premiere. We can presume the CG-Leo will then remain a fixture in other upcoming MGM releases as well, potentially for over six decades as the live-action lion did before him.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/13/2021, 4:29 pm

Was the lion racist or something? What pressure from social media did MGM face to make them change the mascot?

Oh wait, I got it. I bet Leo the Lion offended the LGBTQRSTUV+-x/ community. The new lion is now a ALAB non-binary pescasexual.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/14/2021, 9:11 am

joey con carne wrote:Was the lion racist or something? What pressure from social media did MGM face to make them change the mascot?

Oh wait, I got it. I bet Leo the Lion offended the LGBTQRSTUV+-x/ community. The new lion is now a ALAB non-binary pescasexual.

Well I heard that Leo the Lion was secretly Anti-Semitic. Someone found old tweets exposing his true feelings towards Israel and they were appalling.

But I also heard that they just discovered that Leo the Lion was actually a savage carnivore who slaughtered entire families back in the 40's and 50's.

I also heard that Leon the Lion was actually the real Darkness from The Ghost and the Darkness......

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/14/2021, 4:24 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if they got complaints from animal activists.

... or complaints about male lions being at the forefront of toxic masculinity.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/14/2021, 8:46 pm

I used to love this show back in the 90's and I'd imagine a series about celebrity train wrecks was of interest to some you guys as well?

‘Behind The Music’ First Look Spotlights J-Lo, LL Cool J, Ricky Martin And Huey Lewis As First In Series
Paramount+ and MTV Entertainment Group have released a first-look promo of the revived Behind the Music series, spotlights the first artists to be profiled.

Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Huey Lewis and LL Cool J will be the first in the series, which will stream exclusively on Paramount+. The exact start of the series is TBA, with the promo bowing during the Grammy Awards today.

The groundbreaking music documentary series returns with several new episodes and the best of the vault remastered and updated with artist interviews, a creative refresh, and reimagined visual style. The original series will stream exclusively on Paramount+.

Also part of the Paramount+ inaugural music slate are music franchises Yo! MTV Raps and MTV Unplugged, plus From Cradle to Stage, a new unscripted title from director Dave Grohl and his mother, Virginia Hanlon Grohl.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/14/2021, 9:37 pm

I love how JLo and ARod “broke up” this weekend just to get back into relevancy in the news. Then after social media and the news went crazy over their break-up, they got back together the next day. Fucking brilliant.

I still crack up thinking about that time JLo did a dance move on stage and couldn't get back up.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/14/2021, 11:42 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Fucking wild.....

Spoiler:

Love the first comment on the 3D printed house: "This is how we will build colonies on Mars". He's probably not wrong.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/15/2021, 8:22 am

Rumor has it we already have stations on Mars.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/15/2021, 9:24 am

joey con carne wrote:Rumor has it we already have stations on Mars.

Well I heard, that Elon Musk successfully cloned himself back in 2017 and the real Musk has been quietly living and building a city under the surface on Mars. He's already built a Martian Hyperloop for travel around the planet and I hear the first Martian Gigafactory is about a year away from being fully operational.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/15/2021, 9:51 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/15/2021, 10:55 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-news/former-israeli-space-security-chief-says-extraterrestrials-exist-trump-knows-n1250333

This is what I was referring to. Only Trump knows for sure if that article is bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

But I always go back to Calvin and Hobbes: "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/15/2021, 11:08 am

joey con carne wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-news/former-israeli-space-security-chief-says-extraterrestrials-exist-trump-knows-n1250333

This is what I was referring to. Only Trump knows for sure if that article is bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

But I always go back to Calvin and Hobbes: "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

This is literally what every movie or tv show about aliens has ever been about..... Razz Razz Razz

A "galactic federation" has been waiting for humans to "reach a stage where we will understand... what space and spaceships are," Haim Eshed said.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/15/2021, 8:51 pm

That monolith that disappeared didn't just disappear, there were videos of some people stealing it at night. I don't believe aliens exist. If we're talking small life forms in other planets like insects in Mars and such, I could believe that.....but I doubt that too.

WyldeMan wrote:
Fucking wild.....
Spoiler:

That's crazy about the millionaires, for that many people to win I reckon a lot of people had to lose. Nobody is getting rich that fast doing honest work. Unless the majority of those are from Gamestop, in which case good for them.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/16/2021, 9:15 am

Oscars: Walking Dead Vet Steven Yeun Snags Historic Lead Actor Nomination
1 - Random Thoughts Steven11
Glenn Rhee is having the Best. Afterlife. Ever.

Walking Dead alum Steven Yeun snagged an Oscar nomination on Monday for his performance in Minari. The actor’s nod was an historic one: Yeun becomes the first Asian-American performer to ever be recognized in the in the Lead Actor category.

Shortly after getting killed off Walking Dead in 2016, Yeun opened up about the professional frustration he experienced during his six-year run on the AMC zombie drama, telling Slate he “felt beige with Glenn,” adding, “That was a little bit of the frustration that I could never explain to the wider society, to fans of the show… It’s like: nice guy, dependable, supportive, benign — beige. And as a Korean man, I am not beige.”

Yeun was quick to note that he was nonetheless “incredibly grateful” for his time on Walking Dead. “Did I have a wonderful time on that show? Yeah!” he maintained. “I wouldn’t take that experience back at all. I made lifelong friendships. I got to learn so much. But I will say that I felt cramped. I felt like there wasn’t space for me to fully spread all of who I was, and that was partly due to me, too, because when I started, all I was trying to do was to work within the parameters that they were giving me. And then, over time, I just outgrew it.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/16/2021, 6:28 pm

Nice! Good for him. I hope he gets more movie roles.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2021, 8:35 pm

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is now on Hulu. That's one I haven't seen in years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/18/2021, 12:04 pm

I just saw a commercial for the new The Equalizer series. Queen Latifah? When did that happen?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/18/2021, 5:39 pm

joey con carne wrote:I just saw a commercial for the new The Equalizer series. Queen Latifah? When did that happen?

Haha I saw a trailer for that a while back. Apparently it's wokeness is off the charts. I might watch the pilot.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/19/2021, 2:32 pm

joey con carne wrote:I just saw a commercial for the new The Equalizer series. Queen Latifah? When did that happen?

From Denzel to Queen Latifah? Damn!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/19/2021, 5:12 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

From Denzel to Queen Latifah? Damn!

Haha yeah. Nothing screams highly trained and deadly covert operator like an overweight woman in her 50's.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/19/2021, 7:37 pm

“I’m the one you call when you can’t call 9-1-1.”

This line kinda made me chuckle hearing her say it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2021, 10:02 pm

You must have missed my rant here back when that casting happened. I want to say that was probably around a year and a half ago, maybe two years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2021, 11:09 pm

Now that the internet is done demanding the release of the Snyder Cut, they've moved on to demanding the release of a rumored NC-17 version of Robin Williams 1993 cross dressing granny movie, Mrs Doubtfire.

It's supposed to be just Robin swearing up a storm during his usual improv sessions that were obviously left on the cutting room floor because it was a children's movie but for some reason, now Twitter wants this.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/20/2021, 8:53 am

WyldeMan wrote:

You must have missed my rant here back when that casting happened. I want to say that was probably around a year and a half ago, maybe two years.

Dang, yea, I definitely missed that. I'll give the show a chance because I like The Equalizer. Although, I've only seen a couple episodes of the original show from the mid-80's.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/21/2021, 2:21 pm

Anybody own an air fryer? Seems to be all the hype now and the healthiest option to stay healthy and eat what you want.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2021, 3:10 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Anybody own an air fryer? Seems to be all the hype now and the healthiest option to stay healthy and eat what you want.

Well I've been regularly using them for around two years and currently use the PowerXL air fryer that I picked up for around $120. I've regularly cook chicken, burgers, steaks and crispy fries in them and never have to add any oils. The food is never greasy and having an air fryer makes cooking something up quickly very damn easy.

Just recently in the last few months I bought the new $15 Grill Plate which I posted below and its made everything taste better and cook crispier. I'm a fan. Cool

However, a word of advice: don't ever use yours on your stove top if you have induction burners because it can cause the burner to heat up and melt right through your air fryer's cord. Or so I've been told...Mad

1 - Random Thoughts B23df710

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/21/2021, 3:29 pm

I still don’t even understand air fryers

I also don’t understand why anyone cares about The Equalizer either way, so...shrug
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2021, 3:52 pm

Disney has decided that the Alien franchise will be their next big "mega franchise" so they've got Ridley Scott and teams of others working on multiple Alien tv shows and movies to be developed for Hulu and theatrical releases for years to come.

Now if only they'd get off their asses like that in regards to the superior sci-fi franchise; Predator, which they also own.

In unrelated WB news; Liam Hemsworth, Charlie Hunnam and Taron Egerton are said to be in competetion for the DCEU's Oliver Queen. Such inspired casting choices. Rolling Eyes

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/21/2021, 8:35 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Anybody own an air fryer? Seems to be all the hype now and the healthiest option to stay healthy and eat what you want.

Yeah I've got one. Had it for a while. Cooks good.

WyldeMan wrote:
Well I've been regularly using them for around two years and currently use the PowerXL air fryer that I picked up for around $120. I've regularly cook chicken, burgers, steaks and crispy fries in them and never have to add any oils. The food is never greasy and having an air fryer makes cooking something up quickly very damn easy.

Just recently in the last few months I bought the new $15 Grill Plate which I posted below and its made everything taste better and cook crispier. I'm a fan. Cool

However, a word of advice: don't ever use yours on your stove top if you have induction burners because it can cause the burner to heat up and melt right through your air fryer's cord. Or so I've been told...Mad

Definitely don't use it on anything that can melt Very Happy Nice solid wooden board is what I have mine on.

Tyger wrote:I still don’t even understand air fryers

They're just small fan forced ovens.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2021, 8:26 am

Rusty wrote:Definitely don't use it on anything that can melt Very Happy Nice solid wooden board is what I have mine on.

Yup, I usually use mine on a thick wooden cutting board but on one night, I just got super busy and was cooking multiple items at the same time and was limited on space so figured it wouldn't be a big deal and then there was a fire to tell me otherwise.... Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2021, 9:08 am

Just when I thought the Batwoman series couldn't get anymore ridiculous..... Razz Razz Razz

With that said having seen Krypton, Wallis Day is far superior to Ruby Rose in every respect.

Batwoman Recasts Ruby Rose's Role; Krypton's Wallis Day to Play Kate Kane
1 - Random Thoughts Image14

Batwoman has enlisted someone new to portray Kate Kane. TVLine has learned that Krypton and The Royals alum Wallis Day will take over the role from Ruby Rose, who departed the CW series at the end of last season.

Season 2 centers on the rise of Ryan Wilder (played by Javicia Leslie) as the new Batwoman in the wake of Kate’s mysterious disappearance following a nasty plane crash in Gotham. Kate finally resurfaced in Sunday’s episode, seemingly unconscious in the sewers of Gotham and unrecognizable beneath heavy bandages — save for her tell-tale red necklace.

“Wallis Day is going to be playing our altered version of Kate Kane, and she’s an amazing actress,” showrunner Caroline Dries tells TVLine. “I’m excited for you guys to see the journey that she endures.”

Although it was revealed that Kate is still very much alive — albeit badly burned — everyone else believes her to be dead, since body parts matching her DNA have been recovered. The second half of Season 2 will get to the heart of where she has been all this time and what that means for her character moving forward.

Day’s other credits include Jekyll and Hyde, Casanova and Antoine Fuqua’s upcoming film Infinite, starring Mark Wahlberg and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/22/2021, 10:20 am

I air fry everything I can. Mine is a Cosori I got on Amarzon. Paid $88 for in on Viernes Negro. It's the bee's knees.

First time I air fried burgers, I almost cried. It was so easy and so delicious. Then I air fried some ribs. So good.

My air fryer is a power hog, though. I cannot have anything even plugged into the same circuit while it's running or I will trip it. Still, what a great device.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2021, 2:51 pm

joey con carne wrote:I air fry everything I can. Mine is a Cosori I got on Amarzon. Paid $88 for in on Viernes Negro. It's the bee's knees.

First time I air fried burgers, I almost cried. It was so easy and so delicious. Then I air fried some ribs. So good.

My air fryer is a power hog, though. I cannot have anything even plugged into the same circuit while it's running or I will trip it. Still, what a great device.

The air fryer feels like the ultimate bachelor's kitchen tool.

It used to be the foreman grill and I spent nearly 20 years using one of those but the air fryer has been a massive improvement and allows for so many more options.

I've had my breaker trip on one or two occasions too. I just have to remember not to shut one or two things off first. But it's still early days and they're only going to get better.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/22/2021, 5:47 pm

Cool! Looks like everyone except me and Tyger have one. I'm going to get one. Would like to make fried chicken without deep frying in oil.

As for the recast of Batwoman, it's a big improvement.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/22/2021, 6:28 pm

Uh oh, is Kate Kane being recast with a straight woman? Aren’t the LGBTQXYZ community gonna lose their shit? “Omg why couldn’t you cast a real lesbian to play a lesbian omgwtf.”

Or is Wallis Day a lesbian?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2021, 8:04 pm

joey con carne wrote:Uh oh, is Kate Kane being recast with a straight woman? Aren’t the LGBTQXYZ community gonna lose their shit? “Omg why couldn’t you cast a real lesbian to play a lesbian omgwtf.”

Or is Wallis Day a lesbian?

Wallis is dating a straight white guy, the SJW's will crucify her for this.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2021, 8:20 pm

This week I've seen celebrity birthday announcements for legends that suddenly make me feel old.

Kurt Russell turned 70, Gary Oldman turned 63 and Shatner is now 90.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2021, 2:11 pm

Houston Tumlin Dies: ‘Talladega Nights’ Child Actor Was 28
1 - Random Thoughts Housto10
Houston Tumlin, who at 13 played the elder son of Will Ferrell’s Ricky Bobby in 2006’s Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, died last night at his home in Pelham, Alabama. He was 28.

Shelby County Coroner Lina Evans confirmed to Deadline that Tumlin died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Tumlin, in his sole acting credit, played Walker Bobby, son of NASCAR driver Ricky and older brother of Texas Ranger Bobby (Grayson Russell, Diary of a Wimpy Kid).

In a memorable Talladega Nights dinner scene, Tumlin’s Walker and Russell’s Texas Ranger recount their day in school for dad Ricky and the rest of the family. “I threw a bunch of Grandpa Chip’s war medals off the bridge,” Walker says, to which dad responds, “Sounds like a good day.” When Grandpa objects, Walker yells, “Shut up, Chip! Or I’ll go apeshit on your ass!”

In his early 20s, Tumlin served in the Army’s 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell. Information on survivors was not immediately available.

SGT Houston Tumlin came to me as PVT Tumlin. He showed a lot of spirit, promise, positive energy and was (hands down) one of my best Soldiers in my company. Came ready to work.

Please check on each other. Get help if you need it. We need you. https://t.co/iEXNb8cf9f pic.twitter.com/i6lTsk2rq0

— Geoff Carmichael (@geoffcarmichael) March 24, 2021

Some of y’all might know who this is. This is Houston Tumlin, aka “Hooty”. He was “Walker” in Talladega Nights (Will Ferrell’s Son). I graduated with him and he was one of the funniest guys I’ve ever met. He recently passed, and words can’t describe how hard this is. RIP buddy. pic.twitter.com/aOFkn61dzI

— MATCH1N (@match1n_) March 24, 2021

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2021, 2:19 pm

Rob Zombie Tops Billboard Sales Chart for First Time With ‘The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy’
Rob Zombie is back in top form with his seventh studio album The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy, which received a rave review from BD’s Michael Pementel just last week.

Pementel writes in his review of the new album, “Rob Zombie and crew have composed one hell of a listening experience with The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy. While the record may already draw in Zombie’s diehard fans, Lunar Injection is also an all-around stellar rock/metal record. Is Zombie or the band reinventing their style or pulling off anything all that new? No. But they have made one of the strongest records in their career thus far. The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy is an absolute blast and a wicked ride not to miss out on.”

Announced by Billboard this week, The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy is now in the #1 spot on Billboard’s Top-Selling Albums sales chart, a first for Zombie in his career!

Billboard notes, “The set was released on March 12 via Nuclear Blast and launches with 26,000 copies sold in the U.S. in the week ending March 18, according to MRC Data.”

“Lunar’s arrival at No. 1 continues Zombie’s hot streak on the tally, as all seven of his solo studio albums have reached the top 10,” the outlet continues. Billboard also adds, “Of Lunar’s starting sum of 26,000 sold, physical album sales comprise 20,000 of that figure (CDs: 13,200; vinyl LPs: 6,500 and cassettes: 300). The remaining 6,000 were digital albums.”

Reacting to the big news, Rob Zombie wrote on Instagram this week, “It took long enough but it finally happened. Can we all agree rock ain’t dead… or maybe it’s undead!”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/24/2021, 5:47 pm

Topping the charts with 26,000 “copies”, man that sounds like nothing
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/24/2021, 9:22 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2021, 8:16 am

Rusty wrote:Tarantino is releasing Once Upon A Time In Hollywood as a novel, with an expanded story.

He mentioned that he was doing this in an interview I read awhile back. I think he said he wanted to do it with some of his others too. That's good stuff.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/25/2021, 5:16 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Tarantino is releasing Once Upon A Time In Hollywood as a novel, with an expanded story.

He mentioned that he was doing this in an interview I read awhile back. I think he said he wanted to do it with some of his others too. That's good stuff.

I recall him saying in a podcast back when he was promoting Hateful Eight that, for his writing process, he actually writes in novel form first. He'll write the novel, and once he's satisfied that world is complete, he'll then break it down into screenplay format.

If I remember correctly, he was discussing how he had multiple Django books written, and a sequel was initially on the cards, however they worked better in book form, so he ultimately moved on to Hateful Eight.

So if the Once Upon... book works out, maybe there's a chance we get one of those Django novel's.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2021, 8:35 pm

Rusty wrote:I recall him saying in a podcast back when he was promoting Hateful Eight that, for his writing process, he actually writes in novel form first. He'll write the novel, and once he's satisfied that world is complete, he'll then break it down into screenplay format.

If I remember correctly, he was discussing how he had multiple Django books written, and a sequel was initially on the cards, however they worked better in book form, so he ultimately moved on to Hateful Eight.

So if the Once Upon... book works out, maybe there's a chance we get one of those Django novel's.

When QT retires from film making I read that he intends to dedicate his time to writing novels so I think we can expect all kinds of adaptations of his movies that we love, for years to come and that is a very exciting prospect.

I would love for him to revisit his characters like the Vega Brothers, Vincent and Vic from Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction and finally hear the story QT wrote for them 25 years ago with the intention of making the movie with Madsen and Travolta. It was to tell the story of the brothers running a night club in Amsterdam because in Pulp Fiction Vic says he just got into Los Angeles from Amsterdam.

As a kid he liked to read the novel adaptations of the movies he loved and they helped create and inform his writing style which as you said, he tends to write like a novel which is why the monologues flow the way they do onscreen.

If you really think about his movies, the potential for his novels and crossover characters is endless since they all take place in the same universe. Wasn't there a Django meets Zorro story?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next