BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray')

5 posters

Go down

HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray') Empty HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray')

Post by WyldeMan 3/23/2021, 9:21 pm

‘Tenet’ Arriving on HBO Max on May 1, Months After Nolan Slammed the Platform
HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray') Tenet-10
“Tenet” wasn’t one of the many Warner Bros. titles to get a day-and-date release both theatrically and on HBO Max. But Christopher Nolan’s time-bending action thriller is finally coming to the growing streaming platform, with a premiere date set for May 1. If you prefer your Nolan in theaters wherever they are currently open, it’s also still playing (and in glorious 70mm) in various parts of the country.

The path to the eventual release of “Tenet” was a winding one for Warner Bros. and Nolan, as the film was initially scheduled to open in July of 2020 but dates kept shifting due to the pandemic, and it ultimately didn’t release in the United States until September 3. Still, the movie starring John David Washington as a special agent bending the laws of time and nature to stop an impending world war, managed to grab more than $363 million at the global box office. That’s not chump change.

The film’s success was due in part to Nolan’s adamance about “Tenet” releasing exclusively in theaters, and not getting shuffled straight to streaming. (Other new Warner Bros. titles, like Best Picture nominee “Judas and the Black Messiah,” have already come and gone from HBO Max.) When Warner Bros. late last year announced that it would be shifting its 2021 slate entirely to day-and-date release, Nolan reacted unfavorably to the news.

“There’s such controversy around it, because they didn’t tell anyone,” Nolan said. “In 2021, they’ve got some of the top filmmakers in the world, they’ve got some of the biggest stars in the world who worked for years in some cases on these projects very close to their hearts that are meant to be big-screen experiences. They’re meant to be out there for the widest possible audiences… And now they’re being used as a loss-leader for the streaming service — for the fledgling streaming service — without any consultation. So, there’s a lot of controversy.”

“Tenet” is currently up for two Academy Awards: Best Achievement in Visual Effects and Best Achievement in Production Design.

Good news for anyone experiencing time linearly: Tenet is streaming May 1 on HBO via HBO Max! ⌛ pic.twitter.com/dGbxGLOwyu

— HBO Max (@hbomax) March 20, 2021

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/25/2021, 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray') Empty Re: HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray')

Post by joey con carne 3/24/2021, 6:53 am

Was Tenet a good movie? I looks like it's one of those movies that if I say I don't like it, people will just roast me and tell me how dumb I am for "not getting it".

I'll give it a go on HBO Max, for sure.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray') Empty Re: HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray')

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2021, 9:24 am

joey con carne wrote:Was Tenet a good movie? I looks like it's one of those movies that if I say I don't like it, people will just roast me and tell me how dumb I am for "not getting it".

I'll give it a go on HBO Max, for sure.

It's a Christopher Nolan movie so it's probably highly confusing for the majority of its long run time and relies heavily on a dramatic score and expensive VFX. Nolan's not exactly reinventing the genre when he sits behind the camera. I know a lot of people like to tell themselves that Nolan only makes masterpieces but every time I watch one of his movies, I just regret wasting my time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/24/2021, 5:29 pm

It’s OK, not one of his better movies but that is the general consensus
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/24/2021, 8:57 pm

Tyger wrote:It’s OK, not one of his better movies but that is the general consensus

Yeah, I agree with this statement by Mr Tyger.

It's worth checking out though, especially if you have Max subscription already. Time travel stuff so nothing new and it's called something else in the movie, but the way Nolan does it is interesting if you've seen the trailer.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2021, 8:20 am

I read an interview with a few of Tenets stars like Washington and Pattinson and they seemed to be confused while making the movie as to what it was about, so they had no idea what it was about either.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2021, 10:27 am

The internet is blowing up again right now because HBO Max just dropped a Black and White version of the Snyder Cut titled 'Justice is Grey'.

For years, the #SnyderCut existed in black and white and shown only to a select few.

Zack Snyder's Justice League: #JusticeIsGray, a black and white version of the film, is now streaming on @HBOMax in 4K UHD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos on supported devices. pic.twitter.com/3c40221N27
   — Zack Snyder's Justice League (@snydercut) March 25, 2021

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/25/2021, 10:30 am

I would only watch a different version if it was color-timed in sepia tones. Black and white is overrated.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/27/2021, 10:15 am

HBO Max has finally added the Aaron Taylor Johnson led Gojira 2014 so now I can re-watch the trilogy in proper order leading up to the big finale. Anybody else planning to rewatch?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/27/2021, 5:39 pm

I watched the sequel and King Kong when I was quarantined
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/27/2021, 7:33 pm

I feel like I just watched King of the Monsters last year so I'm going straight to the new one. Not into these movies anyway.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/27/2021, 8:29 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I feel like I just watched King of the Monsters last year so I'm going straight to the new one. Not into these movies anyway.

HBO Max (Just Added: B&W Snyder Cut 'Justice League: Justice Is Gray') WastefulBriefGrebe-size_restricted

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/28/2021, 1:27 am

WyldeMan wrote:HBO Max has finally added the Aaron Taylor Johnson led Gojira 2014 so now I can re-watch the trilogy in proper order leading up to the big finale. Anybody else planning to rewatch?

Wrong thread, bro. Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/28/2021, 10:02 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:HBO Max has finally added the Aaron Taylor Johnson led Gojira 2014 so now I can re-watch the trilogy in proper order leading up to the big finale. Anybody else planning to rewatch?

Wrong thread, bro. Cool

Well this is the HBO Max thread.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/28/2021, 2:36 pm

I didn't realize Godzilla vs King Kong was gonna be free on HBO Max. Woo woo
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/28/2021, 8:30 pm

joey con carne wrote:I didn't realize Godzilla vs King Kong was gonna be free on HBO Max. Woo woo

Hell yeah son! Shit's free!

We better enjoy these releases while we can in 2021 cause WB announced the other day that starting in 2022 there will be no more freebies like this going forward as they struck a new deal with movie theaters.

BTW, Mortal Kombat and Dune will be included this year in opening day releases on HBO Max.

I start my rewatch on Kong and Gojira tomorrow.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/29/2021, 7:12 am

I will be definitely tuning in for Mortal Kombat. The original was a ham-fest and I loved every second of it.

I am not a huge fan of Godzilla. I kind of forgot the first one even existed and never watched the second one. However, as you said, since this is kind of a freebie, I'll tune in and see what the hype is all about with Godzilla vs King Kong.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/29/2021, 10:18 am

joey con carne wrote:I will be definitely tuning in for Mortal Kombat. The original was a ham-fest and I loved every second of it.

I am not a huge fan of Godzilla. I kind of forgot the first one even existed and never watched the second one. However, as you said, since this is kind of a freebie, I'll tune in and see what the hype is all about with Godzilla vs King Kong.

I'm hoping HBO Max will add the OG MK movies next month because I haven't seen them in years.

You should really give them all a watch before because Kong vs Gojira is the fourth film in the series, so there are big story elements you'll probably miss out on if you skip right to the end of the franchise, that's called Abe Style aka Machete Style and nobody with any respect for film does that. And if you're gonna do that, then you might as well watch the movie on your cellphone during your work commute.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/29/2021, 12:16 pm

There were four? I thought it was Godzilla, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and now Godzilla vs Kong. Are you including Shin Godzilla? I think Shin is like a reboot/alternate universe type deal.

And also, joke's on you! I ain'tz be gotz no commute anymore. My firm has gone completely remote for my department. I got a laptop and am now considered a "digital nomad" which means I can work anywhere there is an internet connection. Hell, I can move to Portugal right now if I wanted to and work from there and no one would be the wiser.

This coronar shit really fucked everyone up. And while I definitely don't miss the commute in to the office, I do miss my colleagues and the human face-to-face interaction. I actually went into the office about a month ago and cleared out my cubicle. Rumor has it they are going to deconstruct everything and rebuild it to fit the modern age with touchdown tables everywhere and docks so if we come in, we can just put our laptops down and connect to the monitors.

Not sure I want to sit through two Godzilla movies at this point. I'll probably just do it Abe Style.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/29/2021, 2:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I'm hoping HBO Max will add the OG MK movies next month because I haven't seen them in years.

You should really give them all a watch before because Kong vs Gojira is the fourth film in the series, so there are big story elements you'll probably miss out on if you skip right to the end of the franchise, that's called Abe Style aka Machete Style and nobody with any respect for film does that. And if you're gonna do that, then you might as well watch the movie on your cellphone during your work commute.

WHAT?! LIES! Name one movie where I skipped and watched the last one. Please provide date and time to support your evidence.

joey con carne wrote:There were four? I thought it was Godzilla, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and now Godzilla vs Kong. Are you including Shin Godzilla? I think Shin is like a reboot/alternate universe type deal.

I think he means Kong Skull Island.

joey con carne wrote:And also, joke's on you! I ain'tz be gotz no commute anymore. My firm has gone completely remote for my department. I got a laptop and am now considered a "digital nomad" which means I can work anywhere there is an internet connection. Hell, I can move to Portugal right now if I wanted to and work from there and no one would be the wiser.

This coronar shit really fucked everyone up. And while I definitely don't miss the commute in to the office, I do miss my colleagues and the human face-to-face interaction. I actually went into the office about a month ago and cleared out my cubicle. Rumor has it they are going to deconstruct everything and rebuild it to fit the modern age with touchdown tables everywhere and docks so if we come in, we can just put our laptops down and connect to the monitors.

I think that's great! Work/life balance is important and just saving time on commute alone is a plus.

joey con carne wrote:Not sure I want to sit through two Godzilla movies at this point. I'll probably just do it Abe Style.

There might be more connection to King of the Monsters based on what I saw from the trailer, so I would watch that at least.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2021, 9:59 am

joey con carne wrote:There were four? I thought it was Godzilla, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and now Godzilla vs Kong. Are you including Shin Godzilla? I think Shin is like a reboot/alternate universe type deal.

The story begins in the 1970's with Kong: Skull Island and the introduction of the Monarch organization as well as for the first time establishing the mythos of these "monsters". Then comes Gojira 2014 and Gojira King of the Monsters before concluding the saga in the upcoming KvG.

If you want to pretend these are just more hollow monster movie fare with no story and all CGI explosions, like this is some Michael Bay shit than that's your right but you're doing a disservice to yourself when you Abe a franchise.

joey con carne wrote:Not sure I want to sit through two Godzilla movies at this point. I'll probably just do it Abe Style.

These movies are all two hours long, so it's not like there is a lot of time invested in the watch. Also, HBO Max readily provides them all for you.

UltimateMarvel wrote:WHAT?! LIES! Name one movie where I skipped and watched the last one. Please provide date and time to support your evidence.

I don't think I can name one single franchise I've ever seen you start at the beginning, you always seem to join three or four movies in and then ask if you missed anything.

And if it's a reboot, you've never seen the original. NOT ONCE!!!!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/30/2021, 12:42 pm

I have a few visitors in my house now. Unfortunately, no time to watch four hours worth of movies before Godzilla v Kong.

It's okay. Ain't be no thang to me.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/4/2021, 12:49 pm

Just finished Godzilla vs Kong. Good movie. I enjoyed it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/4/2021, 2:16 pm

Watched it last night too. I think I disliked this one out of all of them. The third act especially was really silly. Went all Pacific Rim on us and I don't like those movies either.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/25/2021, 9:35 am

They added Freaky and a documentary about Woodstock '99 yesterday , watched both last night. Freaky was fun and the documentary was good.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2021, 11:30 am

Tyger wrote:They added Freaky and a documentary about Woodstock '99 yesterday , watched both last night. Freaky was fun and the documentary was good.

Freaky was a one time watch for me and even that felt like one time too many but I haven't thought of Woodstock '99 in 21 years so that could be an interesting watch, thanks.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down