BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)

3 posters

Go down

Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/19/2020, 7:49 pm

Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Ditn10

While on vacation on the Nile, Hercule Poirot must investigate the murder of a young heiress.

Director: Kenneth Branagh
Writers: Agatha Christie (based upon the novel by), Michael Green (screenplay by)
Stars: Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Rose Leslie, Emma Mackey, Tom Bateman, Russell Brand, Letitia Wright

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Tyger 8/19/2020, 8:09 pm

Depeche Mode “Policy of Truth“ great track
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/20/2020, 9:22 pm

Tyger wrote:Depeche Mode “Policy of Truth“ great track

Just listened to the song and the song in the trailer sounds better than the original. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/20/2020, 9:34 pm

It’s a good mix, they’re all about exploring different mixes
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2021, 10:04 am

‘Death On The Nile’ Floats Away To 2022 Amid Armie Hammer Rape Investigation
While Disney’s seismic theatrical release changes with Black Widow, Cruella and Luca today were on the top of everybody’s minds, it was easy to ignore the elephant in the corner of the room.

We’re specifically talking about Kenneth Branagh’s mystery ensemble Death on the Nile starring Armie Hammer, who has been besieged in an alleged sex scandal. The 20th Century Studios production, which reportedly cost $90M and was greenlighted by the previous Fox administration before the Disney merger, has changed release dates several times due to the pandemic: From Oct. 23 to Dec. 18 last year to being unset and then finally dated for Sept. 17. Well, now the movie that also stars Gal Gadot, Tom Bateman, Annette Bening and more won’t open until Feb. 11, 2022.

I’m told the release date has nothing to do with Hammer, who is under investigation by the LAPD on rape claims that could put The Social Network actor in jail for eight years if tried and found guilty. That said, the new date provides Disney with close to a year in regard to rethinking any form of its marketing campaign, that is if the movie sticks to its theatrical date. News of the LAPD’s probe of Hammer emerged Thursday after a Gloria Allred-led press conference in which Hammer’s accuser said of an alleged April 2017 incident: “He abused me mentally, emotionally and sexually…I thought that he was going to kill me.”

I hear from sources that there aren’t any plans to pull an All the Money in the World with Death on the Nile. In the wake of sexual allegations against the 2017 film’s actor Kevin Spacey surfacing that autumn, Sony and director Ridley Scott recast the role and reshot the Oscar winner’s J. Paul Getty scenes with Christopher Plummer weeks before the pic’s Christmas theatrical release. That was quite a feat for a production that already was locked. My understanding is that it would be hard to pull that off with Hammer’s Simon Doyle role in Death on the Nile given the movie’s huge ensemble. Following Spacey’s sex scandal, his 2018 movie Billionaire Boys Club was buried on PVOD. No news yet if Death on the Nile is headed to streaming.

While Hammer hasn’t been charged, the allegations against him create a headache for Disney in releasing a feature that was bound to have some awards potential and possibly be a box office sleeper. Branagh’s first Agatha Christie feature adaptation, 2017’s Murder on the Orient Express, overperformed opening to $28.6M stateside and grossing $102.8M domestic, $352.7M WW.

Prior to the LAPD investigation of Hammer, news was leaked on social media about the actor’s disturbing sexual fantasies, resulting in him exiting Lionsgate’s Jennifer Lopez movie Shotgun Wedding, Paramount+’s Making of The Godfather series and UCP’s Gaslit, while also being dropped by his agency, WME.

Disney provided no comment on the release-date change for Death on the Nile or the status of Hammer with the production.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/24/2021, 8:43 pm

Damn! I was going to bring up All the Money in the World too. They're not going in that direction so obviously they just want the bad publicity to die down first. Just release it on HBO Max or something.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2021, 8:49 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! I was going to bring up All the Money in the World too. They're not going in that direction so obviously they just want the bad publicity to die down first. Just release it on HBO Max or something.

Both Cavill and Gadot have movies tied up because they co-starred with a rapist cannibal. The Justice League has poor judgment.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/27/2021, 8:39 pm

This trailer was shown before Spider-Man: No Way Home. It was cool to watch it on the big screen, I might go watch this one too.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/27/2021, 8:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This trailer was shown before Spider-Man: No Way Home. It was cool to watch it on the big screen, I might go watch this one too.

Figures you'd be the one excited for a movie starring the sex cannibal.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/28/2021, 1:29 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Figures you'd be the one excited for a movie starring the sex cannibal.

Allegedly, sir! Cool Anyway, he probably has a small part in this movie with this many cast.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2021, 1:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Figures you'd be the one excited for a movie starring the sex cannibal.

Allegedly, sir! Cool Anyway, he probably has a small part in this movie with this many cast.

And yet he tainted the entire films original release with his scandals and it's only just now coming out.

But if you like fine young cannibals, I recommend checking out Showtime's Yellowjackets.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2021, 5:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:And yet he tainted the entire films original release with his scandals and it's only just now coming out.

But if you like fine young cannibals, I recommend checking out Showtime's Yellowjackets.

Why are you trying to ruin this for me?

Death in the Nile ($130 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2021, 6:35 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:And yet he tainted the entire films original release with his scandals and it's only just now coming out.

Why are you trying to ruin this for me?

Did something I say leave a bad taste in your mouth or was that just because you were wondering what Armie eats for dinner?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/31/2021, 1:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Did something I say leave a bad taste in your mouth or was that just because you were wondering what Armie eats for dinner?

Nonsense! I will enjoy this movie and not give this a second thought. Cool

Did you watch the first one?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2021, 2:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Did something I say leave a bad taste in your mouth or was that just because you were wondering what Armie eats for dinner?

Nonsense! I will enjoy this movie and not give this a second thought. Cool

Did you watch the first one?

Nah, I'm not a fan of Agatha Christie or 70s British movies.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down