BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 7/30/2020, 7:27 am

Their war should go on for the first season. Maybe two seasons? Then the next "invaders" come in the third season? Conclusion at season 5 or 6.

Sounds tight. I'd watch it. There should be no swearing because swearing doesn't seem like it would fit the time period but there shall be plenty of violence on and off the screen. No shaky-cam. Action scenes will be filmed from a good distance away so the viewer can see it all.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/30/2020, 8:48 am

joey con carne wrote:Their war should go on for the first season. Maybe two seasons? Then the next "invaders" come in the third season? Conclusion at season 5 or 6.

Sounds tight. I'd watch it. There should be no swearing because swearing doesn't seem like it would fit the time period but there shall be plenty of violence on and off the screen. No shaky-cam. Action scenes will be filmed from a good distance away so the viewer can see it all.

That is correct, it would be war for seasons 1-2, then a unification of the clans under one shared Skinwalker banner by season 3 just in time to repel the invasions from the foreign hordes over the remaining seasons.

Also, the werewolves are able to take the power of their enemies, making them stronger with every kill. Think Highlander with viking werewolves. But its the act of eating their enemies hearts that transfers their power.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/30/2020, 10:40 am

Instead of a Quickening, their ritual is call Stuffing.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/30/2020, 10:57 am

joey con carne wrote:Instead of a Quickening, their ritual is call Stuffing.

I was thinking the sacrificial act would be called an Ascension but I see what you did there....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/30/2020, 2:21 pm

Can't believe it's been a week since I logged in. No, I'm not on vacation guys. lol I WISH! I'm just job hunting and also studying to get my Cisco certification at the same time. Hopefully I pass it on first attempt. It's $300 just to take the exam but it looks good on a resume. I'll pop in every once in a while though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/30/2020, 4:56 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Can't believe it's been a week since I logged in. No, I'm not on vacation guys. lol I WISH! I'm just job hunting and also studying to get my Cisco certification at the same time. Hopefully I pass it on first attempt. It's $300 just to take the exam but it looks good on a resume. I'll pop in every once in a while though.

Abe is gonna be Cisco certified! Woo!

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/30/2020, 6:32 pm

He doesn’t know that song, I referenced that song to a coworker recently and they had never heard of Sisquo or The Thong Song. Kids these days.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/30/2020, 7:53 pm

Tyger wrote:He doesn’t know that song, I referenced that song to a coworker recently and they had never heard of Sisquo or The Thong Song. Kids these days.

Lucky bastards.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/30/2020, 9:54 pm

joey con carne wrote:Abe is gonna be Cisco certified! Woo!

LOL Yes, I'm getting certified in all kinds of thongs. Woo!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/31/2020, 8:57 am

I notice there are like and dislike buttons below posts now. I'll try it out.

Awww yeeeaaaa
joey con carne
joey con carne

WyldeMan and joey con carne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2020, 9:37 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Can't believe it's been a week since I logged in. No, I'm not on vacation guys. lol I WISH! I'm just job hunting and also studying to get my Cisco certification at the same time. Hopefully I pass it on first attempt. It's $300 just to take the exam but it looks good on a resume. I'll pop in every once in a while though.

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 3 Source

Tyger wrote:He doesn’t know that song, I referenced that song to a coworker recently and they had never heard of Sisquo or The Thong Song. Kids these days.

The Thong Song takes me back to 7th grade. It was also the first and last time I ever heard a hit song by Sisqo.

joey con carne wrote:I notice there are like and dislike buttons below posts now. I'll try it out.

Awww yeeeaaaa

What's this now? I didn't authorize new buttons!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/31/2020, 6:06 pm

Tonight is a weed + vanilla soda night.

Been a long week and I'm gonna smoke the f up. By that I mean I'm gonna take like two pulls on my sweet weed pen and chill out. I'm a lightweight.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2020, 6:16 pm

joey con carne wrote:Tonight is a weed + vanilla soda night.

Been a long week and I'm gonna smoke the f up. By that I mean I'm gonna take like two pulls on my sweet weed pen and chill out. I'm a lightweight.

Nice to hear you finally joined the cannabis club, however I can't support vape pens, I'm still positive that synthetic shit will kill you. Flower power son!

But hey, whatever gets you through the day so smoke em if you got em. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/31/2020, 8:24 pm

The stuff I have is from Curaleaf. It's all government regulated and scienced to death. It's not some bullshit oil you buy from some guy. Science!

Currently watching Black Belt with Don the Dragon Wilson. I love this guy!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2020, 9:24 pm

joey con carne wrote:The stuff I have is from Curaleaf. It's all government regulated and scienced to death. It's not some bullshit oil you buy from some guy. Science!

Currently watching Black Belt with Don the Dragon Wilson. I love this guy!

FACT: Scientists change their minds about everything on a bi-annual basis, they can no longer be trusted.

FACT: All my facts are 100% made up to prove my points.

But don't come crying to me when you're dying of Vape Lung in ten years.

Prime has an insane Kung Fu collection and even Netflix is steppin it up, they have the 36 Chambers movies now!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/1/2020, 6:43 am

WyldeMan wrote:
FACT: Scientists change their minds about everything on a bi-annual basis, they can no longer be trusted.

FACT: All my facts are 100% made up to prove my points.

But don't come crying to me when you're dying of Vape Lung in ten years.

Prime has an insane Kung Fu collection and even Netflix is steppin it up, they have the 36 Chambers movies now!

37.2% of all stats are made up. Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/1/2020, 8:07 pm

I believe you guys!

No smoking for me tonight. Gonna pass out early. 11pm EDT and I'm out.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2020, 9:43 am

joey con carne wrote:I believe you guys!

No smoking for me tonight. Gonna pass out early. 11pm EDT and I'm out.

But smoking is the best way to pass out early, Indica is nature's NyQuil without any side effects.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2020, 9:50 am

Netflix is finally releasing the third act and conclusion to the Arcadia trilogy on Friday, the 7th.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/3/2020, 10:45 am

Aw shit, new thread
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2020, 11:46 am

Tyger wrote:Aw shit, new thread

This new branch kicked off July 8th and is just now getting noticed?

Have any of us ever noticed on the first page?

It always seems like we're well into the next branch before anybody catches it and that person is never me. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/3/2020, 12:56 pm

I’m not sure if you’re joking or forgot again...
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2020, 2:07 pm

Tyger wrote:I’m not sure if you’re joking or forgot again...

Did we already have this discussion?

The only negative to Cannabis is my short term memory is shot but eventually I'll remember after enough time passes. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/3/2020, 2:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:But smoking is the best way to pass out early, Indica is nature's NyQuil without any side effects.

I have Sativa. It's good shit.

A couple of puffs and I'm relaxed. I try to take it easy on it. Although next time I'll try Indica.

Most of the time I just click to this thread straight from the homepage. I don't go into the General Chat area often but to check from time to time if a new thread popped up.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/3/2020, 2:38 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

The only negative to Cannabis is my short term memory is shot but eventually I'll remember after enough time passes. Razz
It never just stops one and starts another fresh, it always makes a new thread later but then, I dunno back dates it I guess so that we're 3 pages in. It’s weird, but it does it every time.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2020, 2:53 pm

joey con carne wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:But smoking is the best way to pass out early, Indica is nature's NyQuil without any side effects.

I have Sativa. It's good shit.

A couple of puffs and I'm relaxed. I try to take it easy on it. Although next time I'll try Indica.

Most of the time I just click to this thread straight from the homepage. I don't go into the General Chat area often but to check from time to time if a new thread popped up.

Sativa is mainly just heady but Indica is more of an all body high, more relaxing in my experience. Sativa tends to motive me to do way too much.

Tyger wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

It never just stops one and starts another fresh, it always makes a new thread later but then, I dunno back dates it I guess so that we're 3 pages in. It’s weird, but it does it every time.

I see, well then. I'm sure we'll be having this same discussion the next time it branches.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2020, 4:02 pm

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Partners Buy XFL Football League For $15 Million
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 3 Merlin10
A group including actor and former WWE star Dwayne Johnson has agreed to purchase the XFL for about $15 million, according to a news release issued Monday morning.

The XFL declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy April 13 and has been seeking a buyer for the past three months, marketing itself as a made-for-TV product that could transition as early as 2021 to a bubble concept during the coronavirus pandemic.

Johnson and his investors -- who include his business partner Dany Garcia along with RedBird Capital Partners -- are making plans to play next season, Garcia told ESPN.

"We're planning for it," said Garcia, the first female owner of a major American sports league. "We're doing all the steps that need to happen for the execution of that. But we're also being mindful to what has actually been successful. It has been really interesting to see that [in sports], when you create a bubble, your players are safe. When you don't, it's chaos. We are a league, because of the number of teams we have, that actually can create a bubble environment. Those discussions are active."

The sale must be approved by a bankruptcy judge at a hearing Friday. Monday afternoon, the bankruptcy court's committee of unsecured creditors filed an objection based on certain assets included in the sale.

Garcia will have an executive position with the XFL and said that both she and Johnson will have a hands-on approach to running the league. Asked about hiring other executive-level leaders, she said: "We've been in close discussion with the current XFL management team."

"There are a lot of excellent people in that team," Garcia said. "While it's not 100% just turning the lights on, there is still a tremendous amount of infrastructure and relationships that you can actually call people back, pull people back. We saw the work that they were doing for this year, and there was some excellent, excellent work. There is a team there."

XFL president and chief operating officer Jeffrey Pollack is among the league's few active employees. Most were laid off April 10.

The XFL has twice shuttered after one season, first in 2001 and again earlier this year as a result of the pandemic, and there hasn't been a successful alternative professional football league since the AFL forced a merger with the NFL in 1970. But XFL owner Vince McMahon had been a determined aspirant, investing $200 million in the league's second incarnation, one that promised to "reimagine" the game. But the eight teams suspended play after five weeks.

McMahon considered bidding on the XFL himself early in the bankruptcy process but ultimately decided against it.

In a statement, Johnson, 48, provided a glimpse of the McMahon-like flair he could bring to the league.

"The acquisition of the XFL with my talented partners, Dany Garcia and Gerry Cardinale, is an investment for me that's rooted deeply in two things -- my passion for the game and my desire to always take care of the fans," said Johnson, who played football at the University of Miami from 1990 to 1994. "With pride and gratitude for all that I've built with my own two hands, I plan to apply these callouses to the XFL and look forward to creating something special for the players, fans and everyone involved for the love of football."

In a statement, Pollack called the pending sale "a Hollywood ending" and said Johnson's investors are "a dream team ownership group and the XFL is in the best possible hands going forward."

Cardinale is the managing partner and CEO of RedBird, which manages more than $4 billion in assets. Last week, it purchased a controlling interest in Toulouse Football Club, a French soccer team. In November, it invested $125 million in a new company that secures commercial rights for the NFL

Organizational plans for the newest version of the XFL are not clear. McMahon fired XFL commissioner Oliver Luck on April 9, and Luck responded by suing McMahon for wrongful termination and is seeking $23.8 million. The lawsuit was on hold awaiting the results of the bankruptcy.

The league averaged 1.9 million television viewers per game and generated nearly $20 million in gross revenues in 2020, according to court filings. It had projected $46 million in gross revenues for the 10-game season, each data point exceeding internal expectations, according to sources.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/3/2020, 5:02 pm

LOL 15 million for Dwayne Johnson is like you or me dropping $1,000 on a used car.

Vinnie Mac must be so sad.

I love how the article states it grossed 20 million or whatever but does not even mention any of the expenses. Are the P&L's available online for us to look at? I would love to see that along with the balance sheet. I want to know the gross margin and net income. Gross revenue means jack and shit.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/3/2020, 5:22 pm

What a waste of money. It’s gonna go fast and he’s gonna furious.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2020, 11:46 am

Tyger wrote:What a waste of money. It’s gonna go fast and he’s gonna furious.

Nah, without Vince McMahon's lunacy the league will likely succeed.

Just one more financial stop along Rocky's road to eventual Presidency.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/4/2020, 2:10 pm

He’s too good for the presidency now though
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2020, 8:04 pm

Tyger wrote:He’s too good for the presidency now though

Obviously, it's a tainted office for mongoloids. But it'll just be something else on his check list until he and Elon Musk go to Mars.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2020, 8:20 pm

Dammit! Abe? You ignore my werewolf viking series pitch but you greenlight this?!?!!?!?

‘Who’s The Boss?’ Sequel With Tony Danza & Alyssa Milano In Works At Sony Pictures Television
One of the most beloved television comedies is making a comeback. A Who’s the Boss? sequel is in development at Sony Pictures Television.

Tony Danza and Alyssa Milano are on board to reprise their iconic roles as Tony and Samantha Micelli, a father/daughter relationship that families around the world grew up with over the course of 196 episodes on ABC from 1984-92.

The new show will take place 30 years after the events of the original series, centered around former Major League Baseball player/retired housekeeper Tony Micelli and his relationship with his daughter Samantha Micelli. She is now a single mother, living in the house the original series was set in. In line with Norman Lear’s classic shows, the new comedy will explore generational differences, as well as opposing world views and parenting styles within the dynamic of a modern family in 2020.

Original cast members Judith Light (Angela) and Danny Pintauro (Jonathan) are supportive of the new series, and the hope is to find creative ways to work them and their characters into the show. The cast remains very close to this day. The other standout cast member, Katherine Helmond (Mona), passed away on February 23, 2019.

The deal comes at a time when some of the biggest streaming hits are classic half-hour comedies from past decades, comfort food and a reminder for some of a simpler time. Series like Friends, The Office and Seinfeld are still huge draws and a redrawn Fuller House just completed a successful run on Netflix.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/4/2020, 10:42 pm

Nice one Abe.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/5/2020, 6:14 am

Rusty wrote:Nice one Abe.

I just know this is because he loved Charmed..... Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/5/2020, 6:58 am

Laughing
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/5/2020, 9:38 am

joey con carne wrote:

Laughing

We know who the original boss was because Abed Nadir fully deconstructed the series for us in Community's Season 2 episode 20 "Competitive Wine Tasting".

So I must ask, why will the next generation of viewers even care "Who's the Boss now"?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/5/2020, 2:58 pm

I mean, I’ve wanted to play Who’s the boss? with Alyssa Milano for the better part of three decades
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/5/2020, 3:44 pm

Tyger wrote:I mean, I’ve wanted to play Who’s the boss? with Alyssa Milano for the better part of three decades

I did back during her "Embrace of the Vampire" and "Poison Ivy II: Lilly" days but my Milano lust ended in the late 90's, right around the time I stopped seeing her in anything.

Also, when Poison Ivy: The New Seduction was released, I discovered Jaime Pressly and never looked back.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/5/2020, 6:17 pm

It's been a day and I still can't believe this. The Beirut government confiscated 2,750 METRIC TONS of Ammonium nitrate six years ago and then opted to store it completely unsecured and without any safety measures at their port, right next to their retail businesses, hospitals and other heavily populated areas.

The current tally says 135 confirmed dead, over 5,000 injured and 300k more have been displaced from their homes. The blast also crippled FOUR nearby hospitals and countless other buildings up to six miles from the blast zone.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/5/2020, 6:41 pm

That's a massive fucking blast.

Anyways ... I'm off to the river to drink and fish for a few days. Don't get much reception down there, so I probably won't pop in for a few days.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend, gents. (It's already Thursday here Very Happy)
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/5/2020, 7:33 pm

WyldeMan wrote:It's been a day and I still can't believe this. The Beirut government confiscated 2,750 METRIC TONS of Ammonium nitrate six years ago and then opted to store it completely unsecured and without any safety measures at their port, right next to their retail businesses, hospitals and other heavily populated areas.

The current tally says 135 confirmed dead, over 5,000 injured and 300k more have been displaced from their homes. The blast also crippled FOUR nearby hospitals and countless other buildings up to six miles from the blast zone.

The blast in Beirut has completely destroyed the port. That means their import of goods at that port is gone which is, according to reports, 60% of their imports. Their grain silos were blown up, too, so they only have enough grains now for a month.

The Oklahoma City bombing was done with 2.5 tons of ammonium nitrate. That took out half a building. This blast was 1,000 times stronger. It's no wonder the bombsite looks completely leveled. Like a miniature desert there.

Rusty wrote:That's a massive fucking blast.

Anyways ... I'm off to the river to drink and fish for a few days. Don't get much reception down there, so I probably won't pop in for a few days.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend, gents. (It's already Thursday here Very Happy)

Have fun and I hope you catch something, Russ.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/6/2020, 9:17 am

Did you guys know Cameron Diaz retired in 2014? I had no idea. I never noticed.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2020, 9:41 am

joey con carne wrote:Did you guys know Cameron Diaz retired in 2014? I had no idea. I never noticed.

I remember reading something about her planning to retire and start a family with that the dude from Good Charlotte but I'd just assumed she kept making movies I had no interest in ever seeing. I can't really say it was a huge loss to the industry, especially since it took six years to notice.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/6/2020, 12:37 pm

I feel like I’ve seen more about her retiring the last few years than I ever did about her working but that could just be because I haven’t really been interested in her since The Mask
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next