BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Theater

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Home Theater - Page 2 Empty Re: Home Theater

Post by Rusty 1/8/2024, 4:13 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Yes, I put the projector in yesterday. I will be installing the speakers and subwoofers this week. Will post pics soon.

No, it will be empty. Not putting up posters and such since it's a small room.

I thought I asked this before, but it might be in another thread. Are you planning on using this for gaming? And if so, do you plan on upgrading your projector?

You mention earlier in the thread you purchased an Epson, but that was almost 4 years ago. Is that still up to the task? You've recently moved on to a PS5 which comes with a whole new level of upgraded spec: 4K, HDR, games with higher refresh rate capabilities, etc.

I would fucking love to play my PS5 in an enclosed home theatre, on a 100" projected screen, whilst chilling in a recliner. Fucking heaven.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/8/2024, 10:21 am

Nice space so far! What speakers are you going with?

I just got a Yamaha RX-A4A. Paired with that is an Emotiva XPA-5 with three Energy CB-20’s for my front soundstage and two R300’s for surrounds and an Elemental Designs A2-300 subwoofer. All calibrated to 75db. The A4A sounds so much gooder than my old receiver.

I hope your speakers smash it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/8/2024, 10:14 pm

Rusty wrote:I thought I asked this before, but it might be in another thread. Are you planning on using this for gaming? And if so, do you plan on upgrading your projector?

You mention earlier in the thread you purchased an Epson, but that was almost 4 years ago. Is that still up to the task? You've recently moved on to a PS5 which comes with a whole new level of upgraded spec: 4K, HDR, games with higher refresh rate capabilities, etc.

I would fucking love to play my PS5 in an enclosed home theatre, on a 100" projected screen, whilst chilling in a recliner. Fucking heaven.

I wasn't planning to game on it but I tried Spider-Man 2 on it just to test it out and it looked and sounded amazing! The projector is capable of 4K and HDR so I'm good for now.

joey con carne wrote:Nice space so far! What speakers are you going with?

I just got a Yamaha RX-A4A. Paired with that is an Emotiva XPA-5 with three Energy CB-20’s for my front soundstage and two R300’s for surrounds and an Elemental Designs A2-300 subwoofer. All calibrated to 75db. The A4A sounds so much gooder than my old receiver.

I hope your speakers smash it.

I already had a Yamaha RX-A730. I went with Monolith speakers and subwoofer. Calibrated the speakers today and I was impressed. Will be watching something this week to break them in.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/9/2024, 9:46 pm

That Spider-Man pic doesn't really do the picture quality justice. It looks crazy good and it's only shooting at the wall. I wanted to use as much of the wall as possible so I brought the speakers closer. Movie aspect ratio is higher so the speakers don't get in the way at all compared to a full 16:9. I will post pics of movie screen shots too.

Bought some budget recliners and they're coming in next week. Guys, I may never go to the movies again. lol

Home Theater - Page 2 119

Home Theater - Page 2 214

Home Theater - Page 2 413

Home Theater - Page 2 313
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/9/2024, 9:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That Spider-Man pic doesn't really do the picture quality justice. It looks crazy good and it's only shooting at the wall. I wanted to use as much of the wall as possible so I brought the speakers closer. Movie aspect ratio is higher so the speakers don't get in the way at all compared to a full 16:9. I will post pics of movie screen shots too.

Bought some budget recliners and they're coming in next week. Guys, I may never go to the movies again. lol

Home Theater - Page 2 Giphy

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/9/2024, 10:00 pm

Laughing Thanks!

Also forgot to mention I've got 2 speakers in the ceiling for Dolby Atmos. So, I'm running a 5.1.2 setup.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/10/2024, 12:47 am

That looks fucking awesome. Nicely done good sir!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/10/2024, 11:07 am

Rusty wrote:That looks fucking awesome. Nicely done good sir!

Thanks Russ! I'm very happy with how it turned out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 3:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Rusty wrote:That looks fucking awesome. Nicely done good sir!

Thanks Russ! I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Now that you've personally built something customized specifically for you, any other future building plans? When I first started building, it was out of necessity and then I found out how much I enjoyed it.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/12/2024, 4:55 pm

The recliners came in today. Not bad for a budget until I upgrade to some nice leather ones. Here are some screen shots, very impressive black levels.

Home Theater - Page 2 120

Home Theater - Page 2 215

Home Theater - Page 2 314

Home Theater - Page 2 414

Home Theater - Page 2 512

WyldeMan wrote:Now that you've personally built something customized specifically for you, any other future building plans? When I first started building, it was out of necessity and then I found out how much I enjoyed it.

I would be lying if I said I enjoyed it. lol But a home theater has always been a dream of mine. No future plans yet. I want to turn the garage into a home gym but it's a lot of work. It needs a whole new garage door, no insulation inside the walls, a new window but only one, and some electric work too. I don't even know where to start with that mess.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2