BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026)

5 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

3 - The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026) - Page 12 Empty Re: The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026)

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2023, 4:43 pm

‘Batman: Caped Crusader’ Moves to Amazon With Two-Season Order
3 - The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026) - Page 12 Batman14
Batman: Caped Crusader has found a new home at Amazon.

The streamer and retail giant has handed out a two-season order for the animated series, which was originally set up at HBO Max. Caped Crusader landed at the Jennifer Salke-led streamer following Warner Bros. Animation parent company Warner Bros. Discovery scrapping the show in August — more than a year after it was ordered straight to series — amid a round of cost-cutting. Other streamers, including Netflix, Apple and Hulu, also kicked the tires on the project that marks a reunion for executive producers J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves, who previously collaborated on The WB Network’s beloved Felicity.

The animated series hails from Bruce Timm, Abrams and Reeves and was sold to a streaming rival as part of Warner Bros. Discovery’s efforts to monetize content by selling projects to third-party buyers.

Reps for all parties declined to comment as formal deals have not yet closed.

Batman: Caped Crusader, first announced in May 2021, is said to harken back to Timm’s 1990s Batman: The Animated Series, which stands as a benchmark for the Dark Knight’s animated storytelling. Comic book scribe Ed Brubaker is among the creative team and ran a writers room and serves as Timm’s right hand on the 10-episode first season.

The show’s move comes as DC Studios bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran, whom Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav hired late last year, seek to bring order to DC’s properties. The duo has plotted a 10-year plan to tell a unified story across film, TV, gaming and animation, though certain projects will fall outside of that main track. Those include Reeves’ The Batman: Part II and HBO Max spinoff series The Penguin, and, naturally, fare like Caped Crusader that is distributed outside of the company.

Caped Crusader’s move to Amazon comes after Zaslav revealed his film studio would develop more Lord of the Rings movies. Amazon, coincidentally, controls the TV rights to the Lord of the Rings franchise, and now will count Warners’ Batman as part of its service offerings.

“We are beyond excited to be working together to bring this character back, to tell engrossing new stories in Gotham City,” Abrams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) and Reeves (The Batman) said in a joint statement when Caped Crusader was first announced. “The series will be thrilling, cinematic and evocative of Batman’s noir roots, while diving deeper into the psychology of these iconic characters. We cannot wait to share this new world.”

For his part, Abrams has had a rough go of it lately at Warner Bros. Discovery. The prolific writer, director and producer remains based at Warners with a sizable overall deal but has seen many of his Bad Robot projects scrapped as part of WBD’s recent cost-cutting spree. His plans for a larger Justice League Dark franchise, which was to have consisted of multiple DC Comics shows including Madame X and Constantine, were scrapped. HBO also shut down Demimonde, which was to have been the first original series that Abrams wrote and created since Fringe in 2008. Sources at the time said Abrams was looking for a budget north of $200 million for the show, but HBO execs wanted to keep it in the realm of House of the Dragon, which came in at $125 million. Before Demimonde, HBO Max also dropped plans for Overlook, a spinoff of The Shining that is believed to have been sold to Netflix, though that has never officially been confirmed.

Animation, meanwhile, remains a major area of investment for networks and streamers alike. In addition to repeating well on streaming platforms, in success, original ideas become extremely lucrative thanks in part to the ability to turn characters into lines of merchandising. (See The Simpsons, Rick and Morty, etc.) At Amazon, Batman: Caped Crusader will join a roster of animated fare that also includes Undone, Robert Kirkman’s Invincible, Fairfax, The Legend of Vox Machina and The Boys Presents: Diabolical.

Source: THR

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

3 - The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026) - Page 12 Empty Re: The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026)

Post by WyldeMan 3/15/2023, 8:37 am

Nobody knows what this is but Zack Snyder posted a "Save the Date" clip on his instagram stating there is an incoming message from Lord Darkseid and gives the date April 28-30.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2023, 9:19 am

Shazam 2 is dead on arrival. I haven't heard anything good about this one and the studio pretty much expected it to be a big loser for them and opening weekend is projected to only be in the mid-30's, which is even worse than Black Adam's debut.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/17/2023, 5:56 pm

Didn't even know it was coming out this week. I hope it makes money so they can put it towards the new universe.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2023, 8:08 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Didn't even know it was coming out this week. I hope it makes money so they can put it towards the new universe.

It's even worse than projected, new estimates have Shazam 2 at a $30 million opening weekend.

Other sequels; Creed III and Scream VI that have opened in the past two weeks to overwhelming box office success meanwhile Shazam 2 is going to be a huge failure and now we see why the studio have put all their eggs into the Flash basket.

Thankfully this looks to be the end of the ridiculously titled Shazam franchise. What kind of superhero can't even introduce himself without turning into a scrawny teen boy? They should have never bothered to make these if they couldn't call him Captain Marvel.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2023, 4:41 pm

Turns out early box office projections were spot on for Shazam 2, they're calling it a $30.5 million opening weekend for a movie that carried a $125 million production budget plus the tens of millions spent on marketing this disaster.

Back to back disastrous failures from the old DC regime.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/19/2023, 9:36 pm

Fuck that is embarrassing! Looks like it's DOA. I'm sure Flash will rake in given the hype and star power of everyone involved.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2023, 9:02 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Fuck that is embarrassing! Looks like it's DOA. I'm sure Flash will rake in given the hype and star power of everyone involved.

That level of failure is about as worst case as they could have gotten without shelving it just for the tax credits at the same time they did Batgirl. DC has taken two back to back huge losses in just the last few months.

Gunn and everybody promoting Flash is endlessly over hyping it and they've even got Tom Cruise having screened it privately at his home telling everybody that Flash is "the kind of movie we need now". They are really putting all their eggs in the Flash basket.

At the same time, I'm still reading endlessly terrible things about Aquaman 2 and how it might yet again be headed for another big delay while they do more reshoots. The studio doesn't know what to do with it and basically it's looking like until Gunn can stabilize their movie division in two years, WBD is expecting a lot more failure.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2023, 10:08 am

Colin Farrell and Paul Dano Officially Signed for ‘The Batman Part II’
3 - The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026) - Page 12 236b6310
Here’s another scoop from Daniel Richtman.

I mentioned last month that Matt Reeves’ “The Batman Part II” was going to start its London production in November. This a highly anticipated sequel to Reeves’ critically-acclaimed 2022 film.

The very-reliable Richtman is now confirming that Paul Dano and Colin Farrell have officially signed on for the sequel. This means The Riddler and The Penguin will be part of this second installment.

I like how Reeves isn’t throwing villains away and instead continuing to develop them into fleshier characters. Word on the street is that the Joker (Barry Keoghan) is going to be the true “final” villain of this trilogy.

Last year’s “The Batman” was hailed as an ambitious return to form for the Caped Crusader. It was a near 3-hour movie that grossed $369.3 million in the United States, and $401.6 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $770.9 million.

Critics were also positively receptive towards the film. “The Batman” appeared on over 150 critics top 10 lists, making it the 11th most mentioned film of 2022.

“The Batman 2” currently has an October 3, 2025 release date, which means a lot of post-production work will be done on this one when it wraps shooting in March.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/22/2023, 4:13 pm

I was sure Colin would return but it's nice that Dano is coming back too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2023, 6:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I was sure Colin would return but it's nice that Dano is coming back too.

From what I've read on the trades, we will see Joker and Riddler in the Penguin series which will bridge the gap between films. They're going to use those episodes to flesh out Batman's rogues while still keeping the films more Batman centric. Basically we're going to see the same characters across the streaming series and films.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2023, 10:10 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/10/2023, 2:40 pm

Not bad and I'm glad that Xolo got this role. I hope it's a good movie despite the state of DC right now and he gets something out of it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/10/2023, 4:57 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Not bad and I'm glad that Xolo got this role. I hope it's a good movie despite the state of DC right now and he gets something out of it.

It looks like a Marvel movie, I was getting Ant-Man vibes.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/11/2023, 4:39 pm

WyldeMan wrote:It looks like a Marvel movie, I was getting Ant-Man vibes.

Yeah, I can see that. I hope there is more to it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/13/2023, 4:02 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/18/2023, 11:41 am

I liked the teaser. Colin is fantastic and as much as I love DeVito, I think I like this version more.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2023, 4:10 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I liked the teaser. Colin is fantastic and as much as I love DeVito, I think I like this version more.

I really wouldn't even compare DeVito and Farrell's Penguins because they were both so uniquely different and yet perfectly suited for their particular Gothams.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/18/2023, 8:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I really wouldn't even compare DeVito and Farrell's Penguins because they were both so uniquely different and yet perfectly suited for their particular Gothams.

Yeah, that's a good way to put it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2023, 2:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I really wouldn't even compare DeVito and Farrell's Penguins because they were both so uniquely different and yet perfectly suited for their particular Gothams.

Yeah, that's a good way to put it.

Besides with the multiverse, everybody gets to exist in their own world. So why choose?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/2/2023, 6:27 pm

I went to an advance screening of The Flash last night. With as much as Batman is featured in all the promotional materials, I was hoping he’d be a bigger character. Keaton doesn’t even show up until about an hour into the movie. He’s kind of in and out after that. Both Batman get great action scenes though.

Ask me anything.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/3/2023, 7:46 am

Tyger wrote:I went to an advance screening of The Flash last night. With as much as Batman is featured in all the promotional materials, I was hoping he’d be a bigger character. Keaton doesn’t even show up until about an hour into the movie. He’s kind of in and out after that. Both Batman get great action scenes though.

Ask me anything.

Batman has been featured so heavily in the trailers that I thought he was a main player. Which is pretty much the whole reason I was planning to see the movie...

I don't really have any questions other than your general thoughts. What worked and what didn't?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/4/2023, 11:46 am

Tyger wrote:I went to an advance screening of The Flash last night. With as much as Batman is featured in all the promotional materials, I was hoping he’d be a bigger character. Keaton doesn’t even show up until about an hour into the movie. He’s kind of in and out after that. Both Batman get great action scenes though.

Ask me anything.

Nice! Surprising that Keaton has fewer scenes than the trailer makes it seem. Like Wylde said, you're overall thoughts on the movie and it's ranking among the other DCEU movies. Is this the best one?

Also, what did you think of Supergirl and the actress' performance? I really love her look and her suit.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/5/2023, 9:36 pm

Way too much humor, way too much Ezra. It is kind of funny that main universe Barry gets annoyed with alternate universe Barry a lot for the same things that make him annoying though. Still has heart though.

Kara is OK, she’s honestly not in it that much and doesn’t really have many lines. She feels very cold and aloof for most of it, but that makes enough sense.

Both Batman get great action scenes.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2023, 8:45 am

Tyger wrote:Way too much humor, way too much Ezra. It is kind of funny that main universe Barry gets annoyed with alternate universe Barry a lot for the same things that make him annoying though. Still has heart though.

Kara is OK, she’s honestly not in it that much and doesn’t really have many lines. She feels very cold and aloof for most of it, but that makes enough sense.

Both Batman get great action scenes.

Is Clooney really in the credits scene?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/7/2023, 7:10 pm

I didn’t get one. There was a video with the director and producer at the beginning saying the version we were seeing wasn’t the final version so no post-credits and they said other things were being saved as well.

That being said, I’ve read since in more recent advance screenings they are showing the final version including Clooney. Can’t confirm it myself, but even if it’s true it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise cameo in the movie.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/9/2023, 8:07 am

Tyger wrote:I didn’t get one. There was a video with the director and producer at the beginning saying the version we were seeing wasn’t the final version so no post-credits and they said other things were being saved as well.

That being said, I’ve read since in more recent advance screenings they are showing the final version including Clooney. Can’t confirm it myself, but even if it’s true it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise cameo in the movie.

From what I've read it's a scene of Barry reacting to Clooney's Batman because he flashpointed Keaton's Batman? Doesn't sound like more than a 15 second scene.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/10/2023, 10:32 pm

In the version I saw, Barry gets back to his (altered) timeline and he’s on the phone with Bruce who's pulling up and gets out of the car with the camera panning from shoes to shoulders before cutting to Barry who goes “Who the fuck are you?!”
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/11/2023, 3:15 pm

Tyger wrote:In the version I saw, Barry gets back to his (altered) timeline and he’s on the phone with Bruce who's pulling up and gets out of the car with the camera panning from shoes to shoulders before cutting to Barry who goes “Who the fuck are you?!”

Yeah that was what I read about except Barry said something along the lines of "You're not Batman!" and Clooney replied something along the lines of "What are doing Barry?" because nobody was supposed to know Bruce's identity and Barry basically yelled it out so I don't know, it sounded really dumb when I read it and I thought it was just twitter trolling.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/13/2023, 4:12 pm

James Gunn just sat down for a 90 minute interview with Michael Rosenbaum in which they discuss many things including DC and Gunn tells Michael that his Lex from Smallville was the best Lex.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2023, 10:44 am

Ezra Miller Issues First Public Comments Since Misconduct Allegations at ‘The Flash’ Premiere3 - The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026) - Page 12 Ezra-m20
Ezra Miller made a public showing for the first time in nearly two years on Monday night, attending the Los Angeles premiere of DC Studios’ “The Flash.”

The embattled actor spoke openly about misconduct allegations levied against them and various legal woes, addressing fans and many industry players at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.

Miller, who is non-binary and uses they and them pronouns, made a big show of acknowledging Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav, Warner Bros. Film Group heads Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy and DC Studios stewards James Gunn and Peter Safran for “your grace and discernment and care in the context of my life. And in bringing this moment to fruition.”

Following a series of escalating incidents, Miller was charged with felony burglary in Vermont in 2022 after police investigated their involvement with a robbery at a private residence. Their troubles began in 2020 after a video emerged depicting Miller as they appear to be choking a woman outside of a bar in Iceland. No charges were filed. The actor was also arrested twice in Hawaii, once for disorderly conduct and harassment. Miller pled no contest to a single count of misdemeanor disorderly conduct in the Hawaii case, and paid a $500 fine. The harassment charge was dismissed.

Miller received a rockstar welcome at “The Flash” premiere, introduced by their director Andy Muschietti.

“I love you, maestro,” Miller told the filmmaker. “I think you’re amazing, and I think your work is monumental.”

The studio announced ahead of time that the Los Angeles premiere would be Miller’s lone publicity commitment for the film. They walked the red carpet and did not stand for traditional on-camera and print interviews. Miller’s “The Flash” co-star Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez turned up at the event, as did Muschietti’s “It Chapter Two” collaborator Jessica Chastain.

“The Flash” will open Friday in North America. Despite euphoric reactions out of its debut screening at this year’s CinemaCon, and being heralded internally as one of the greatest superhero films ever made, early tracking has “The Flash” earning a less-than-superlative $70 million in its first weekend.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/15/2023, 6:30 pm

WyldeMan wrote:James Gunn just sat down for a 90 minute interview with Michael Rosenbaum in which they discuss many things including DC and Gunn tells Michael that his Lex from Smallville was the best Lex.

What a coincidence! I was just listening to this while driving to work. I'm halfway in but I'll finish the rest tomorrow. I 100% agree that he's the best Lex.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/16/2023, 8:34 am

New Batman Film ‘Brave and the Bold’ Lands ‘The Flash’ Director Andy Muschietti (EXCLUSIVE)
3 - The DC Connected Universe (The Batman 2 Delayed a Full Year to October 2026) - Page 12 Muschi10
Andy Muschietti is officially suiting up to direct a new Batman film, Variety can report exclusively. The film is one of several new DC Studios titles mapped out by leaders James Gunn and Peter Safran earlier this year.

Muschietti, behind this weekend’s superhero release “The Flash,” will direct “Batman: The Brave and the Bold.” The project is based on the comic series authored by Grant Morrison, who Gunn called “exceptionally influential” on in the DC Universe in January. The comics imagine a “Bat family,” where Bruce Wayne’s biological son Damian serves as Robin to his dad’s Batman. Muschietti’s sister and creative partner Barbara will produce the project via their label Double Dream, alongside Gunn and Safran.

“We saw ‘The Flash’; even before taking the reins at DC Studios, and knew we were in the hands of not only a visionary director but a massive DC fan,” Gunn and Safran told Variety of Muschietti. “It’s a magnificent film – funny, emotional, thrilling – and Andy’s affinity and passion for these characters and this world just resonates through every frame. So, when it came time to find a director for ‘The Brave and the Bold,’ there was really only one choice. Luckily, Andy said yes. Barbara signed on to produce with us and we were on our way. They’re an extraordinary team, and we couldn’t have better or more inspiring partners as we embark on this thrilling new adventure in the DCU.”

The project does not currently have a screenwriter attached. This will mark the first live-action film appearance of Robin since Chris O’Donnell played the role opposite George Clooney in the 1997 film “Batman and Robin.” This film will exist separately from Robert Pattinson’s “The Batman” movies.

Gunn and Safran’s inaugural slate is called “Gods and Monsters,” and the content spans series and standalone films. Additional titles include a previously announced Superman feature written by Gunn, now officially titled “Superman: Legacy,” a Wonder Woman prequel series and a Green Lantern mystery series. Lesser known DC characters, including Booster Gold and Swamp Thing, will also be introduced. While the DCU exists as a multiverse, these titles will exist in one singular universe.

Muschietti was the creative force behind another blockbuster Warner Bros. Discovery franchise — New Line Cinema’s “It” starring Bill Skarsgard and Jessica Chastain. His breakout moment came in 2013 with the acclaimed horror project “Mama,” also starring Chastain.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/19/2023, 2:51 pm

He's got a good record as Director so this is good news.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2023, 3:21 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:He's got a good record as Director so this is good news.

What I find interesting/rather telling is after James Gunn spent six months praising The Flash as being their next Dark Knight, Muscietti signs on for Batman on Flash's opening weekend without so much as a whisper of a Flash sequel being in the pipeline. Box office reports are calling for a very soft $55 million opening weekend when the studio had been predicting $75 million last week. FFS, Black Adam opened to $67 million and is regarded as a massive failure...

Goes to show what happens when you don't have your cast available for promotion because you're trying to avoid endless controversies.

I wouldn't be expecting to see The Flash again any time soon after this.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/19/2023, 3:44 pm

$55 mil is too low for a movie with Keaton as Batman, that is not good. And they really hoped for a sequel for The Flash? No, thank you.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2023, 4:11 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:$55 mil is too low for a movie with Keaton as Batman, that is not good. And they really hoped for a sequel for The Flash? No, thank you.

Audiences and critics are shredding this movie like it's Shazam 2. It's not going to make back it's budget...

I gotta be honest, while I expected it to have a rough go at a box office, I had no idea that it'd be just as bad as the last few DC releases.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/19/2023, 7:53 pm

Wow, that's pretty disappointing. I thought I read here that test audiences loved The Flash and it was getting some praise.

Fast X opened with $67mm. LOL

I'll still watch it when it hits HBO Max (or just Max now). I haven't heard much about Ezra Miller lately. Guess he's staying out of trouble.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/19/2023, 8:26 pm

Either people are not into DC movies anymore or the Ezra stuff has really put people off and I don't blame them, I'm one of them.

I'm going to wait patiently until 2025. The only thing I'm looking forward to now is Superman.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2023, 9:44 pm

joey con carne wrote:Wow, that's pretty disappointing. I thought I read here that test audiences loved The Flash and it was getting some praise.

Fast X opened with $67mm. LOL

I'll still watch it when it hits HBO Max (or just Max now). I haven't heard much about Ezra Miller lately. Guess he's staying out of trouble.

It's impossible to trust reviews these days though because every movie is review bombed so it's genuinely hard to tell if someone really hates it or is just trolling.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Either people are not into DC movies anymore or the Ezra stuff has really put people off and I don't blame them, I'm one of them.

I'm going to wait patiently until 2025. The only thing I'm looking forward to now is Superman.

It's over saturation. Every movie and tv show is about people with powers now, there is absolutely nothing special or unique about them anymore. Especially since The Flash tv series just ended its NINE season run two weeks ago...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/20/2023, 10:23 am

WyldeMan wrote:It's over saturation. Every movie and tv show is about people with powers now, there is absolutely nothing special or unique about them anymore. Especially since The Flash tv series just ended its NINE season run two weeks ago...

I agree with this. Too many shows and films about superheroes these days. Perhaps Martin Scorsese has a point when he said the actors are not the stars of the film but the characters are. I see where he's coming from when he said that.

In the The Flash TV series finale, did Barry run faster than he had ever run in the whole series?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2023, 4:11 pm

joey con carne wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:It's over saturation. Every movie and tv show is about people with powers now, there is absolutely nothing special or unique about them anymore. Especially since The Flash tv series just ended its NINE season run two weeks ago...

I agree with this. Too many shows and films about superheroes these days. Perhaps Martin Scorsese has a point when he said the actors are not the stars of the film but the characters are. I see where he's coming from when he said that.

In the The Flash TV series finale, did Barry run faster than he had ever run in the whole series?

Tarantino agreed with Scorcese and Chris Hemsworth said that two of his childhood heroes broke his heart, lol. I agree with Marty and QT, it is all about the character, the actors are mostly irrelevant which is why Chris Evans has been replaced as Captain America as has most of the MCU. True, their are always the outliers like The Joker where it takes a truly phenomenal actor but for the most part, it's all about the symbol and not the person in the suit. Which is why we've had half a dozen different Batmans and fans are still hungry for more.

I still haven't seen the last few seasons of The Flash but I'd like to imagine that the final problem in the series was indeed overcome by his running faster than he'd ever run before because Iris uttered his level up activation phrase; "Run, Barry Run" and then he did. My favorite thing about the Flash series is that Barry was always so deeply confused about how to overcome every single obstacle each week, when the answer was always the same, just run faster than you did last week. You'd think at some point in 9 seasons, he'd have caught on to this...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/20/2023, 8:04 pm

I might have to check out some Flash clips and see if Barry finally got a handle on his super speed. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2023, 8:04 pm

Flash $4.5 million Friday, down 82% from last Friday and 4th place for Friday. Disastrous second weekend.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/25/2023, 12:51 pm

I saw Flash again officially yesterday. Only the George Clooney cameo and Aquaman post credits scene were different. Both are very short and meh. Aquaman is super drunk and barely says anything.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next