BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 2 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2015, 9:51 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Rosamund's Oscar nomination, truly well deserved.

She's insanely talented and incredibly gorgeous. I've only seen her in the occasional role every few years or so but every time she shows up, she delivers. I think Jack Reacher was the last time I saw her. Definitely want to see this sometime soon though.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 2 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by ForeverBlu 2/5/2015, 4:40 pm

Carlos (2010)

Tv miniseries starring Edgar Ramirez, about International Terrorist Ilich Ramirez Sanchez.

Aka Carlos the Jackal.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/5/2015, 5:57 pm

Thief (1981)

Michael Mann's directorial debut and a criminally underrated film.

The director of Drive won't ever admit it, he clearly was influenced by this movie.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2015, 6:54 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Thief (1981)

Michael Mann's directorial debut and a criminally underrated film.

The director of Drive won't ever admit it, he clearly was influenced by this movie.

That and The Driver with Ryan O'Neal were clearly huge inspirations.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/6/2015, 2:16 pm

I bought the blue release of The Driver a while back,haven't spun it yet.

The Raven..

Watched this earlier, been home sick since Wednesday.

Why were Cusack and Luke Evans screaming so much?

It was hilarious and made it hard to take this film seriously.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2015, 3:52 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:I bought the blue release of The Driver a while back,haven't spun it yet.

I watched it shortly after Drive and could see so many direct influences and a few sequences which were damn near "borrowed" particularly from the opening chase.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/7/2015, 9:03 am

So nobody gonna explain why Cusack and Luke Evans were screaming a lot of their dialogue?

In The Raven.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/7/2015, 1:09 pm

Cosmopolis (2012)

I like David Cronenberg, but this film became a chore to sit through.

Then Paul Giamatti shows up, whispering like Katrina in Sleepy Hollow.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/7/2015, 4:08 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:So nobody gonna explain why Cusack and Luke Evans were screaming a lot of their dialogue?

In The Raven.

I just told myself that they made a private bet to see if the director would actually be sober enough to notice they're screaming, he wasn't.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/8/2015, 2:32 pm

Selma....

David Oyelowo was robbed, should've gotten nominated.

Solid cast, everyone bought their A game to the table.

8/10

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/17/2015, 12:19 am

This is awesome, I've already watched the movie three times over the last month. It's actually been the only movie I've even watched. But I think this kill count is so great cause after my initial viewing I remarked about how I'd lost count.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/22/2015, 10:15 am

Blow (2001)

Criminally underrated, really miss THIS Johnny Depp.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2015, 10:32 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Blow (2001)
Criminally underrated, really miss THIS Johnny Depp.

Blow was the last time that Depp was ever seen again.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/22/2015, 12:07 pm

For me, the last good film Depp did was Once Upon A Time in Mexico.

Donnie Brasco (1997)

Yeah, still stuck on old school Depp.

Watching this right now.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2015, 12:28 pm

Benny & Joon, Nick of Time, Gilbert Grape....the 90's were the best point of his career. He spent too much time inside Hunter S Thompson's head and never seemed to ever crawl back out of it again. His personality, speech, appearance and film choices all changed after that. In a theory so crazy that HST would have loved it, It's like they swapped bodies before Thompson died.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/22/2015, 12:31 pm

Maybe I should watch Fear and Loathing next.

LOL!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2015, 12:48 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Maybe I should watch Fear and Loathing next.

LOL!

As your attorney I advise against that.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/22/2015, 2:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

LOL!

Fear & Loathing was fucking terrible. Ok and the first watch just to see it, but has zero rewatch value.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/22/2015, 3:08 pm

Drive (2011)

Ryan Gosling, another who has lost his way.

Deep is too far gone, think Ryan can turn things around.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/22/2015, 3:10 pm

Correction, Depp.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 2 Empty Justa lil sumpin sumpin

Post by kernel_thai 2/24/2015, 11:18 am

Fan fic power rangers with James Van Der Beek and Katie Sackhoff
kernel_thai
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2015, 12:35 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

LOL!

Fear & Loathing was fucking terrible. Ok and the first watch just to see it, but has zero rewatch value.

The first 2-3 times I watched it I always shut it off around the time he got to the bar with the dinosaurs. It took me a long time and a lot of bourbon to be able to sit through it in one viewing. A feat I think I've managed less than twice in almost 2 decades.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2015, 9:57 pm

The Drop, every single time I see a new Tom Hardy movie he continues to impress the hell out of me. That guy just owns every scene whether he's supposed to or not. The Drop was a very different movie for him, he hasn't played so soft spoken and quiet in a long time. Gandolfini was great, I believe it was his final movie and it was a damned fine one.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2015, 3:42 pm

Just watched School Ties, haven't seen it in years. I forgot that Brendan Fraser started out making some pretty good film choices but then just started making terrible choices by the late 90s. Too bad the kid that made School Ties and With Honors didn't maintain that high level of quality for very long. He was a good dramatic actor who decided to stretch too far beyond his range with action, those were the bombs that killed his once promising career. Looking through his IMDB I actually enjoyed more of his movies than I thought, but none were his big action movies and only one comedy, the masterpiece that is Encino Man.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/27/2015, 9:19 pm

kernel_thai wrote:Fan fic power rangers with James Van Der Beek and Katie Sackhoff

Not bad as far as Power Rangers go. Used to be obsessed with the 1995 movie. lol!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/3/2015, 9:29 am

The Equalizer...

Solid revenge flick and remake of an 80's show I liked.

Denzel was a bad ass and there were great fight scenes.

Recommend cranking up the volume, the AQ is insane.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/3/2015, 9:37 am

Too bad there wasn't a fight between Robert and Russian psycho in Not Home Depot.

Pretty sure that's the same actor who played the agent Bourne fought in the second film.

The brawl in the House.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/4/2015, 9:14 pm

Whiplash

Man, that's an ending!
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/5/2015, 10:43 am

Tyger wrote:Whiplash

Man, that's an ending!

So, did Whiplash change your opinion of Teller?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/5/2015, 1:56 pm

No
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/5/2015, 3:55 pm

Princess Mononoke - I fell asleep for most of this. Not because it was boring. I was just really tired.

Howl's Moving Castle - What the fuck is this shit?

Big Hero 6 - It was okay but the movie had some seriously stupid moments where you just want to beat the shit out of the characters.

Hercules (Disney animated film) - Decent

Tarzan (Disney animated film) - Decent
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/5/2015, 6:05 pm

Tyger wrote:No

Wow, guess nothing impresses you.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/5/2015, 8:16 pm

I already like him, I don't know why you still act like we all hate the guy. We've had this discussion multiple times. He's not a draw by himself for me, but he raises the stock in my interest in a movie.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/5/2015, 9:27 pm

Tyger wrote:I already like him, I don't know why you still act like we all hate the guy. We've had this discussion multiple times. He's not a draw by himself for me, but he raises the stock in my interest in a movie.

Hmmm, I always seem to think you have a major hate on for the guy like how FB feels about Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/5/2015, 9:36 pm

Saw Whiplash the other day and I liked it a lot. To be honest, Spectacular Now did nothing for me and I didn't understand what the buzz was about. I could tell in this movie though, superb acting from Teller and Simmons. Absolutely awesome story and amazing music/instrumental. Fucking hated Fletcher though. lol! I think I would quit the second day with a teacher like that. He made him fucking bleed countless times and I've never seen drummers up close but that's just ridiculous. He pushed him BEYOND his limit but I guess Andrew reached greatness in the end.

By the way, was it me or was Fletcher overreacting on the whole "rushing or dragging" thing? I couldn't tell the fucking difference. Embarassed
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/5/2015, 9:41 pm

Nope, notate on for Teller.

Supposedly a lot of shit in Whiplash is very unrealistic, which doesn't surprise me. Doesn't matter though, it's not really about the drums.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/5/2015, 10:15 pm

Tyger wrote:Nope, notate on for Teller.

Supposedly a lot of shit in Whiplash is very unrealistic, which doesn't surprise me. Doesn't matter though, it's not really about the drums.

Yeah, it was pretty much about letting JK unleash his inner Schillinger on the poor little drummer boy.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/6/2015, 12:29 am

Just finished watching Lords of Dogtown.

Greta flick. Emile Hirsch was great. Also made me realise how much it fucking sucks we'll never get another Heath Ledger performance.

Oh, and the picture quality of the 1080p iTunes download is fucking garbage. The blacks are crushed to the shit-house, and of course iTunes doesn't have a video adjustment tool.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/6/2015, 7:48 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Just finished watching Lords of Dogtown.

Greta flick. Emile Hirsch was great. Also made me realise how much it fucking sucks we'll never get another Heath Ledger performance.

Oh, and the picture quality of the 1080p iTunes download is fucking garbage. The blacks are crushed to the shit-house, and of course iTunes doesn't have a video adjustment tool.

Not sure if you heard but the character that Emile played Jay Adams, died last August of a heart attack at 53.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/6/2015, 8:15 am

WyldeMan wrote:Hmmm, I always seem to think you have a major hate on for the guy like how FB feels about Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper.

Don't hate them, just don't see the so called greatness that everyone else does.

But I do hate Marky Mark Wahlberg, with the HEAT of a BILLION SUNS.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/6/2015, 8:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Not sure if you heard but the character that Emile played Jay Adams, died last August of a heart attack at 53.

Yeah I did. I'm a skater from way back. Still keep up with some of the classic skaters.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/6/2015, 11:42 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Just finished watching Lords of Dogtown.

Believe it or not, that was the performance that made me start taking Ledger seriously. Wonder what ever happened to that blu-ray.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/7/2015, 12:17 am

Tyger wrote:
Believe it or not, that was the performance that made me start taking Ledger seriously. Wonder what ever happened to that blu-ray.

That's why I finally bit the bullet and got it from iTunes. Sick of waiting. Crap quality though.

It has a lot of classic music in it. Maybe that has something to do with no Blu-Ray release.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/7/2015, 1:18 am

Tyger wrote:Believe it or not, that was the performance that made me start taking Ledger seriously. Wonder what ever happened to that blu-ray.

Yet the Dogz docu has been out five years on BD.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/7/2015, 3:18 pm

Foxcatcher..

Very bleak,slow and depressing film.

Which I expected, due to the story it's based on.

Solid acting from everyone, even Channing Tatum.

Steve Carrell was downright creepy as DuPont.

8/10

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next