BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix)

4 posters

Go down

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Empty Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix)

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2016, 6:19 pm

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Slice_10
Paramount has set Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah to direct its long awaited fourth installment of the Beverly Hills Cop series. The Belgian writer-directors are best known for their edgy drama Black,  which won the Discovery Award at the Toronto Film Festival last year. The studio, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Eddie Murphy have been working diligently to get the script and elements right for a film that had been once been slated to be released this year. They loved Black, and when they met with the filmmakers, they were charmed to discover how important the original Beverly Hills Cop was to them. Even though this is a major step up from the budget of their last film, this became an opportunity to reframe a venerable franchise with youthful energy. They will direct a script by writers Josh Appelbaum & Andre Nemec that will bring Murphy’s street smart cop character Axel Foley back to his Detroit origins. It is gritty with the trademark irreverent humor that powered the first three films to north of $735 million in global box office.

The directing duo made a splash in Toronto with Black, a Romeo & Juliet story about a 15-year-old girl in a black gang in Brussels who must choose between loyalty and love when she falls for a Moroccan boy from a rival gang. El Arbi is a Brussels-based filmmaker of Moroccan heritage who studied at the Luca School of Arts in Brussels and directed the short film Broeders and the feature Image both with Fallah. He is also of Moroccan heritage and also studied at the Luca School of Arts in Brussels. Broeders won the best Flemish student short film at the Ghent International Film Festival and the audience award at the Leuven International Film Festival.

The hope is to get the film in production late this year or early 2017. Murphy next stars in the Bruce Beresford-directed Mr. Church, with Britt Robertson. Mark Canton and Courtney Solomon produced and the pic will be released in September by Cinelou.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 12/14/2023, 5:34 pm; edited 6 times in total

Community
Hunters
Suburra: Blood on Rome
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Empty Re: Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix)

Post by Tyger 6/14/2016, 6:31 pm

I thought they changed their minds and we're doing the series instead
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Empty Re: Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix)

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2016, 7:59 pm

Tyger wrote:I thought they changed their minds and we're doing the series instead

Changed their minds again after the series didn't work out. Razz

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/14/2016, 8:57 pm

I watched the trilogy just a couple weeks ago. The third didn't really hold up to the other two.

1 and 2 still hold up well though.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2019, 9:06 am

Netflix Licenses Rights To Make ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Sequel With Murphy & Bruckheimer
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Beverl10
EXCLUSIVE: Axel Foley will come back to active duty…for Netflix. Paramount has made a one-time license deal — with an option for a sequel — that will enable Netflix to make the fourth installment of the film with Eddie Murphy and producer Jerry Bruckheimer. The studio had been developing a reboot for awhile. It is another example of studios striking inventive deals with Netflix at a time when long gestating sequels like The Shining followup Doctor Sleep, The Terminator: Dark Fate and Zombieland: Double Tap have been hard pressed to measure up to the grosses of their predecessors, with at least two of them in line to lose money because of the high cost of P&A.

This deal gives Netflix a sexy title with a big star and it gives Paramount an opportunity to reap revenue on a library title. Paramount launched the franchise in 1984 with the Martin Brest original, followed by a Tony Scott-directed second installment in 1987 and a third by John Landis in 1994.

This is the third deal between Paramount and Netflix after the streamer acquired Cloverfield: God Particle, which it launched with a surprise Super Bowl spot and a release after the 2018 game and acquired offshore rights on the Alex Garland-directed Annihilation with Natalie Portman, 17 days after its U.S. release by Paramount. Netflix made a similar deal with New Line when it took foreign on last year’s Shaft. All of those deals were for finished films; Netflix will work with Murphy and Bruckheimer to get a script and director and finance the Beverly Hills Cop reboot and release it on the streaming service.

It strengthens Netflix’s relationship with Murphy. Netflix’s hot new movie title has Murphy starring in the critically lauded Dolemite Is My Name, playing self-made blaxploitation star Rudy Ray Moore. Murphy has also been in discussions to return to the stand up stage for Netflix for the first time since the 1980s, when he catapulted from Saturday Night Live to become one of the world’s biggest movie and stand-up stage stars.

Paramount, in turn has Murphy starring in another sequel of one of his beloved characters, Prince Akeem in Coming To America.

Paramount has attempted numerous iterations of Beverly Hills Cop over the past few years, including an attempted TV series that Murphy was going to star in, but which never quite made it to the start line.

This sounds like a better landing place for Axel Foley.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2019, 9:09 am

Sounds like a fairly symbiotic relationship, turn for turn. Everything old is new again.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2022, 2:51 pm

‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Sequel Adds Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Taylour Paige; Gets New Title
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Tayour10
EXCLUSIVE: The long-awaited sequel to the classic comedy franchise is a go as sources tell Deadline that Taylour Paige and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have joined series star Eddie Murphy in Netflix’s newly titled Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley. Production on the sequel is underway with Mark Molloy directing. Murphy is back as Axel Foley and will produce along with Jerry Bruckheimer and Chad Oman of Jerry Bruckheimer Films. Will Beall penned the script.

The franchise moved from Paramount to Netflix in the winter of 2019 and follows the adventures of Detroit cop Foley, who first appeared in the 1984 smash hit that followed him to Beverly Hills to solve the murder of a friend. The film became one of the year’s biggest hits and solidified Murphy’s movie-star status. It was followed by two sequels, in 1987 and 1994.

Charisse Hewitt-Webster and Ray Angelic will exec produce the new movie. Melissa Reid of Jerry Bruckheimer Films will co-produce.

Gordon-Levitt has been busy going all the way back to the pandemic when he had multiple pics bow including the popular Netflix actioner Project Power and the Oscar-nominated The Trial of the Chicago 7. Over the past year, Gordon-Levitt has stayed busy on both the TV and film fronts, starting with the Showtime series Super Pumped, where he played Uber founder Travis Kalanick. Next up, he will voice Jiminy Cricket in Disney’s Pinocchio. He also recently wrapped production on the drama Providence opposite Lily James.

Following her breakout role in the A24 pic Zola, Paige has been a star in demand and already has had a busy 2022. She was most recently seen the Lena Dunham pic Sharp Stick, which premiered at Sundance, and Mack & Rita, and has several films in post including The Toxic Avenger reboot with Peter Dinklage.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2022, 12:25 pm

Original ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Cast Judge Reinhold, John Ashton, Paul Reiser & Bronson Pinchot Returning For Netflix ‘Axel Foley’ Movie
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Judge-11
Expect more banana-in-the-tailpipe high jinks in Netflix’s new Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley as the castmembers from the original franchise are coming back including Judge Reinhold and John Ashton’s Detective Billy Rosewood and Sgt. Taggart, sidekick cops to the Eddie Murphy character; Paul Reiser; and Bronson Pinchot.

Reiser played Axel Foley’s Detroit cop partner, Jeffrey Friedman, in the first two films, and Pinchot was the sassy art gallery salesman.

Mark Molloy is directing off Will Beall screenplay. Jerry Bruckheimer and Chad Oman are producing for Jerry Bruckheimer Films along with Murphy.

EPs are Charisse Hewitt-Webster and Ray Angelic and Melissa Reid is co-producing for Jerry Bruckheimer Films.

The sequel has a logline that’s under wraps and is currently shooting in California, where it’s getting $15.7M worth of tax credits. The first three Beverly Hills Cop movies, released in 1984, 1987 and 1994, grossed a combined $616.2M worldwide.

Deadline first told you about the Paramount sequel getting a license with Netflix with an option for a sequel. Murphy previously made the Netflix movie Dolemite Is My Name, in which he portrayed blaxploitation star Rudy Ray Moore. That pic earned Golden Globe noms for Best Picture – Musical/Comedy and for Murphy as Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy Feature.

Source: Deadline

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/21/2022, 12:51 pm

Six years after you posted about this, the film is finally in production. I would have thought this is a DC film if I didn't see Paramount.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2022, 3:23 pm

joey con carne wrote:Six years after you posted about this, the film is finally in production. I would have thought this is a DC film if I didn't see Paramount.

No shit right? But I still dig that they're bringing back nearly all the original male actors now that Production is finally happening however, I'm also disappointed that they didn't bring back Lisa Eilbacher, she was such a babe and had a short lived career. 

I can't believe these old bastards are still alive either cause I haven't seen much of any of them since the 90s.

I haven't much seen Judge Reinhold either but in maybe two or three small roles in the last twenty five years and I didn't think he was even still in the business so his casting was a welcome surprise.

I haven't seen John Ashton in anything since 1994's Little Big League, a movie I watched all the time as a kid. Like Judge, I had no idea he was even still in the business but according to his wiki he's been acting steadily ever since. I just haven't seen any of them. 

Bronson Pinchot however pretty much looks exactly how he did in the 80s at least he did the last time I saw him just a few years back on one of my tv shows.

Paul Reiser though seems to be experiencing a hell of a career resurgence over the last six years or so, I see him all the time and he's on Stranger Things.

Either way, I'm happy that after six years they're finally going to start rolling on this.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2022, 5:29 pm

Kevin Bacon Joins ‘Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley’
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Mega3010
The next installment in the Beverly Hills Cop franchise is continuing to add star power to its all-star cast as Kevin Bacon is set to join Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley. Production on the sequel is underway with Mark Molloy directing. Murphy is back as Axel Foley and will produce along with Jerry Bruckheimer and Chad Oman of Jerry Bruckheimer Films. Will Beall penned the script. Jospeh Gordon-Levitt, Taylour Paige are also on board with Judge Reinhold and John Ashton Paul Reiser; and Bronson Pinchot reprising their characters from previous installments.

The franchise moved from Paramount to Netflix in the winter of 2019 and follows the adventures of Detroit cop Foley, who first appeared in the 1984 smash hit that followed him to Beverly Hills to solve the murder of a friend. The film became one of the year’s biggest hits and solidified Murphy’s movie-star status. It was followed by two sequels, in 1987 and 1994.

Charisse Hewitt-Webster and Ray Angelic will exec produce the new movie. Melissa Reid of Jerry Bruckheimer Films will co-produce.

Bacon’s crime series City On A Hill just wrapped its third season at Showtime. He also was recently seen in the Blumhouse horror pic They/Them. He is repped by MGMT Entertainment and Gaines Solomon.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/28/2022, 5:38 pm

Nice. I like Kev. I've only scene seen the first series of City on the Hill, but it was good. He still has great screen presence.

Wouldn't be surprised if he plays the bad guy.

Last edited by Rusty on 9/28/2022, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2022, 5:48 pm

Rusty wrote:Nice. I like Kev. I've only scene the first series of City on the Hill, but was good. He still has great screen presence.

Wouldn't be surprised if he plays the bad guy.

I've always liked Bacon too but when was the last time he played anything but a bad guy? He was typecast decades ago.

I can't remember any good guy roles outside of Death Sentence in the past twenty years and even that one is iffy since he did commit multiple murders.  Razz

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/20/2023, 2:50 pm

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley Is Ready To ‘Throw You Back To The ‘80s’ – World-First Image
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Beverl11
Check your tailpipes for rogue bananas, people – Axel Foley is back. 30 years after the character last graced the screen (and 40 years since his cinematic debut), 2024 will finally see Eddie Murphy reprise one of his most beloved roles in long-awaited four-quel Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley. In the intervening three decades, there have been many attempts to get Foley back, badge in hand – and now it’s finally happening, set for release on Netflix with a load of familiar faces returning (Murphy will be joined by Judge Reinhold, Paul Reiser and Bronson Pinchot to name but a few), some fresh cast additions, and the one and only Jerry Bruckheimer back producing.

Speaking exclusively to Empire in the 2024 Preview issue – featuring the world-first image from the film, seen above – Bruckheimer promises a prime performance from Murphy, back in action in his most iconic role. “Anytime he walks on set, you never know what you’re going to get. And it’s always pretty brilliant,” he enthuses. “Every day he’s there throws you back to the ‘80s.”

It’s not just about taking audiences back to past, though – Axel Foley, directed by Mark Molloy, is all about picking up with where the character is today. Taylour Paige is on board as Foley’s criminal defence attorney daughter, who pulls her dad into a California-based case – where he’ll cause issues for Kevin Bacon’s LAPD special-unit officer, and team up with a new partner, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The pair, says Bruckheimer, make for a strong comedic combo. “He gets stuck with Axel and they are hysterical together,” he promises. “Joseph is such a great straight man for Eddie.”

Just as Top Gun Maverick wasn’t afraid to play it straight beneath the glorious nostalgia, Bruckheimer says there will be serious underpinnings to Beverly Hills Cop’s gags. “It’s about the emotion,” he states. “No matter how funny it is, how much great action it has, it’s all about the heartstrings.” At long last, get ready for a killer new case.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/14/2023, 5:32 pm

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. (Watch the Trailer Now) (Summer 2024 @ Netflix) Beverl12

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down