BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax

+4
Tyger
Rusty
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/24/2017, 12:14 pm

Cutting Lex was the right decision but I would've liked to see Iris.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2017, 6:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Cutting Lex was the right decision but I would've liked to see Iris.

As would I , too bad we're never going to see the real Iris West we're only going to get the urban update in every adaptation.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/8/2017, 9:58 am

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/8/2017, 10:01 am

Still not feeling it but the first 40 seconds is beautifully shot. The rest is overfilled with just too much CGI and action.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/8/2017, 12:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Still not feeling it but the first 40 seconds is beautifully shot. The rest is overfilled with just too much CGI and action.

Justice League: Painted Whores
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/14/2017, 3:05 pm

I just saw the first clip with Danny Elfman's theme in it involving Batman and Gordon and it was very well done. A mix of the old and the new.

Early reactions say the movie is ok overall. The consensus is that the movie is "fun" but we shall see.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2017, 3:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I just saw the first clip with Danny Elfman's theme in it involving Batman and Gordon and it was very well done. A mix of the old and the new.

Early reactions say the movie is ok overall. The consensus is that the movie is "fun" but we shall see.

People are going nuts about the Amazonians all being turned into bikini soldiers. They are PISSSED.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/14/2017, 7:50 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I just saw the first clip with Danny Elfman's theme in it involving Batman and Gordon and it was very well done. A mix of the old and the new.

People are going nuts about the Amazonians all being turned into bikini soldiers. They are PISSSED.

It's bullshit. I saw the pics and I saw their battle clothes in the trailer and some set pics, not all are in bikinis. People just finding something to complain about when they haven't even seen the movie yet.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2017, 6:51 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's bullshit. I saw the pics and I saw their battle clothes in the trailer and some set pics, not all are in bikinis. People just finding something to complain about when they haven't even seen the movie yet.

Well if there wasn't permanent gravel in their vaginas, they wouldn't be fan boys. But with or without them, this one too shall fail.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/18/2017, 6:01 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai 11/18/2017, 10:45 pm

Ive pretty much decided all movie reviewers simply need to die.  They need to take their online English Lit degrees and go back to jobs as part time waiters at Chuck E Cheese.  Here is my simultaneous review of Thor/JL:  Plot ...home is threatened so assemble the team.  Along the way u must be funny and battle badly rendered CGI villains.  Both movies have pretty great teams who can both quip and kick major ass.  Thor gets points for having a much better villain (Hella) and a better movie structure.  Thor loses points by having Goldblum somehow get paid for playing himself, AGAIN and for the director (Taika Waititi) mistaking himself being annoying as being funny.  JL gets points for having the best action scenes, tho Thor isn't bad, and the best Easter Egg/after credit stuff.  I enjoyed them both tho I can see Thor getting a slightly higher score from critics.  Instead Thor is at 92% while JL was 37% last I looked.  A test group of a dozen heroine addicts with hamsters up their asses couldn't find that big a difference between the movies.
kernel_thai
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/19/2017, 3:48 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Cutting Lex was the right decision but I would've liked to see Iris.

As would I , too bad we're never going to see the real Iris West we're only going to get the urban update in every adaptation.

What do you mean by urban update?

Let me guess.

Real=White
Urban=Black

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai 11/19/2017, 9:57 am

ForeverBlu wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

What do you mean by urban update?

Let me guess.

Real=White
Urban=Black

JL takes place before he starts working for Central City PD so pre Iris in most iterations
kernel_thai
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/21/2017, 12:09 pm

Justice League Is a Huge Financial Disaster for Warner Bros.
Over the weekend, Justice League finally arrived in theaters, bringing in $94 million domestically. For almost any other movie, that would be a home run, but this was a very expensive movie and all of the other DCEU movies so far have grossed more on their opening weekend. This number doesn't bode well for the movie's overall box office run and, as such, Warner Bros. is set to take a huge loss. According to a new report, the studio could lose between $50 and $100 million, with the final tally resting around $75 million when the smoke clears.

Rob Cain, a former studio executive with insider knowledge on how final profits and losses are calculated for big studios like Warner Bros., has ran projected numbers for Justice League based on the opening weekend box office. According to his calculations, the future is pretty grim for the DC movie, which Warner Bros. is basing the future of the DCEU on. Movies like Flashpoint could be in trouble, if his calculations are remotely correct. Here's how Cain calculates the movie's earnings.

"The current box office trajectory suggests a final domestic theatrical gross of around $235 million (that's assuming a 2.45x multiplier on the $96 million first weekend gross, 2.45 being the median multiplier for DC's prior 4 DCEU releases). Overseas I'm projecting a final international tally of around $400 million (assuming fairly generously that JL gets the same hefty 2.15x multiple on its $185 million opening weekend overseas that Batman v Superman (BvS) got on its first overseas weekend. Adding the domestic and overseas numbers gets us a $635 million worldwide theatrical gross. If that number holds up it would mean that Justice League is the lowest-grossing movie among the five DCEU releases so far."

According to the report, Warner Bros. will get to keep around 52% of the domestic grosses, and around 38% of the foreign tally. That means the box office going to Warner Bros. is roughly $275 million. According to his calculations, they'll also see around $170 million from all worldwide home video, including VOD. That means the studio will net $575 million. However, with a $300 million production budget, $150 million marketing budget $60 million for home entertainment costs, $20 million for residuals, $20 million in interest and an estimated $50 million for talent, those numbers don't add up. Here's how Rob Cain breaks it down.

"Total estimated costs: $600 million. Deduct that from the $545 million in studio revenue and we wind up with a $55 million loss. Against Warners' $475 million in upfront production and marketing expenditures, that works out to a negative 12% ROI."

As Rob Cain notes, this is all before the overhead costs for Justice League are factored in, which he estimates to be around $40 million. With that, the potential losses are as high as $75 million. But these are just estimates, it could be a little better or, in a worst-case scenario for Warner Bros., much worse. According to the report by Forbes, that also makes Justice League by far the worst return on investment for a studio for any recent superhero movie, with a list going back to 2014. All of that said, the future of the DCEU may be in trouble. Or, at the very least, some major changes are going to have to take place.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/21/2017, 3:17 pm

I think they're about to drop DC any minute now....... Twisted Evil
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/26/2017, 1:14 pm

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax - Page 4 Deaths12

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/26/2017, 8:59 pm

He appears in the post credits scene and looks fucking awesome even though he doesn't do a damn thing.

Batman was awesome as usual, Wonder Woman was pretty good, Superman's face gives away that he wasn't supposed to be in the movie nearly as much as he is.

Flash doesn't hold a candle to the TV version. Obvious comic relief, kind of all over the place how much it works.

Aquaman is meh, but has some moments.

Cyborg is a moody teenager version of Frankenstein's monster but has some decent moments

Steppenwolf is boring AF but the story of his original defeat is one of the best scenes in the movie
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/27/2017, 6:56 am

Tyger wrote:He appears in the post credits scene and looks fucking awesome even though he doesn't do a damn thing.

Batman was awesome as usual, Wonder Woman was pretty good, Superman's face gives away that he wasn't supposed to be in the movie nearly as much as he is.

Flash doesn't hold a candle to the TV version. Obvious comic relief, kind of all over the place how much it works.

Aquaman is meh, but has some moments.

Cyborg is a moody teenager version of Frankenstein's monster but has some decent moments

Steppenwolf is boring AF but the story of his original defeat is one of the best scenes in the movie

That all sounds about as terrible as I'd been expecting.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/27/2017, 4:26 pm

That sounds like Zack Snyder still had too much input. I read the spoiler and can't wait to not watch it in theaters. I'll definitely check it out when it hits the internet, though. And I totally don't mean torrents because that's illegal.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/27/2017, 5:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:That sounds like Zack Snyder still had too much input. I read the spoiler and can't wait to not watch it in theaters. I'll definitely check it out when it hits the internet, though. And I totally don't mean torrents because that's illegal.

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax - Page 4 Giphy
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/27/2017, 11:35 pm

joey con carne wrote:That sounds like Zack Snyder still had too much input. I read the spoiler and can't wait to not watch it in theaters. I'll definitely check it out when it hits the internet, though. And I totally don't mean torrents because that's illegal.
Nah, Joss was definitely a problem
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/30/2017, 6:05 pm

I watched it and it was entertaining. I had to problems with it though, I hated how they brought back Superman and the CGI mustache bothered the heck out of me. I can't believe they thought he looked ok enough and released it. He looked weird and I couldn't get over it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/1/2017, 7:42 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I watched it and it was entertaining. I had to problems with it though, I hated how they brought back Superman and the CGI mustache bothered the heck out of me. I can't believe they thought he looked ok enough and released it. He looked weird and I couldn't get over it.

Justice League: Mustache Mountain
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/15/2018, 11:43 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I watched it and it was entertaining. I had to problems with it though, I hated how they brought back Superman and the CGI mustache bothered the heck out of me. I can't believe they thought he looked ok enough and released it. He looked weird and I couldn't get over it.

I saw Justice League is out on the internet and watched a couple of clips on the Youtube. I was wondering why Henry Cavill looked so weird.... then the comments in the videos were making fun of his digital moustache removal. LOL he looks ridiculous. (see clip below)

But I can't tell which is worse: Superman's upper lip area or Ezra Miller's running gait. Why the hell does he run like that? Has Ezra Miller never run before in his life?

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/16/2018, 4:18 am

joey con carne wrote:But I can't tell which is worse: Superman's upper lip area or Ezra Miller's running gait. Why the hell does he run like that? Has Ezra Miller never run before in his life?

And what's worse is the reason he even had that stupid mustache for was Mission Impossible 6. Cavill looks absurd with one, so what was even the point?

Ezra Miller runs like a fruit cake.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/16/2018, 4:18 pm

Ezra's running is stupid. How I wish we had Grant in this role, his running is perfect in the show and could only look better in a movie of this budget. And the lightning should have been yellow, it just looks better in the show.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/20/2020, 2:26 pm

It's finally official.....

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax - Page 4 Zack-s10

Nearly three years after the announcement that Zack Snyder was stepping away from Justice League, it's finally been announced that the Snyder Cut is coming to HBO Max. In the time since Joss Whedon's theatrical cut of Justice League hit theaters, there's been endless debate about the existence of a Zack Snyder cut of the movie, whether or not it would be better, and if Warner Bros. would ever even consider releasing it, and now everyone has an answer: it exists and it's coming.

Zack Snyder completed 100% of principal photography and several months of post-production before leaving Justice League in the wake of a family tragedy, with Joss Whedon taking his place for what was marketed as minor reshoots to add connective tissue and complete Snyder's original vision. In the three years since his departure, we've learned the rewrites and reshoots were far more extensive than indicated and the primary objective was to alter the movie from Snyder's original story plan and lighten the tone. The final two-hour blend of Snyder and Whedon was basically an entirely different movie with only superficial similarities to Snyder's original three-and-a-half-hour superhero epic.

During the Q&A following Snyder's live-commentary of Man of Steel on the Vero social media platform, the Justice League director was asked by a fan when his cut of Justice League would be released, to which Snyder responded with the news that's sure to break the internet: Snyder Cut, now titled Zack Snyder's Justice League is being released on HBO Max in 2021.

Snyder gave heartfelt thanks to fans in an HBO Max press release: “I want to thank HBO Max and Warner Brothers for this brave gesture of supporting artists and allowing their true visions to be realized. Also a special thank you to all of those involved in the SnyderCut movement for making this a reality.”

Warner Bros. Chairman Toby Emmerich, who oversaw Whedon's changes to Snyder's original vision, is also quoted saying “Thanks to the efforts of a lot people, we’re excited to bring fans this highly anticipated version of Justice League. This feels like the right time to share Zack’s story, and HBO Max is the perfect platform for it. We’re glad the creative planets aligned, allowing us to #ReleaseTheSnyderCut.”

According to THR, the project could arrive as a six-part mini-series or a four-hour director's cut and will cost upwards of $20 million to complete. The original cast and crew is also expected to assemble to complete post-production work, including some additional photography.

Calls for the Snyder Cut dominated headlines and social media for over two years after Justice League's release, and after the #RelesaeTheSnyderCut rallying cry amassed nearly 1 million tweets with the help of cast members like Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, and Ray Fisher, and trended #1 on Twitter after the two-year anniversary of its November 17th, 2017 release, Snyder got a call from his agent who told him HBO Max wanted to talk about finally getting it released.

It's been a long road, and it's certainly not over yet, with more work to complete the movie for its 2021 release, but the stars aligned to get Snyder back in the director's chair in the universe he created. With this move by HBO Max, the sky is the limit for what happens next as demand will surely turn its attention to David Ayer's cut of Suicide Squad and start questioning: is there more DCEU in Snyder's future?

Last edited by UltimateMarvel on 5/20/2020, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/20/2020, 2:42 pm

I wonder why next year. I hope that means any post-production stuff will be finished
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/20/2020, 8:22 pm

Zack did a commentary of BvS last month and just did one for Man of Steel where he showed this reveal. He's got a sweet theater setup, I'm assuming it's at his house.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/22/2020, 6:12 pm

Watching that teaser today, I was like THIIIIIIS feels like Snyder, at least it feels like the Snyder that gave us Watchmen. I’m legitimately excited now.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/22/2020, 6:43 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/22/2020, 6:45 pm

Tyger wrote:Watching that teaser today, I was like THIIIIIIS feels like Snyder, at least it feels like the Snyder that gave us Watchmen. I’m legitimately excited now.

Definitely feels like Snyder's movie. I'm looking forward to see it and how different it is to Whedon's.

Why is the aspect ratio 4:3 though? I hope that's now how it is in the final version.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2021, 11:03 am

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax - Page 4 Justic11

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/29/2021, 11:23 am

Yaaaaaay! Rolling Eyes
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/29/2021, 3:44 pm

I didn’t expect it until summer at the earliest, looking forward to it
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/31/2021, 2:58 pm

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax - Page 4 Etecmk10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/1/2021, 12:28 pm

Martian Manhunter is supposedly in Justice League played by Harry Lennix, who was also in Man of Steel.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2021, 1:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Martian Manhunter is supposedly in Justice League played by Harry Lennix, who was also in Man of Steel.

That's what the image I posted above is from, the Snyder Cut and yes it's Lennix.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/4/2021, 9:09 am

Zack Snyder's Justice League Is Officially Rated-R for Violence and Batman F-Bombs
Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax - Page 4 Justic12
Director Zack Snyder himself believed that his cut of Justice League, dubbed The Snyder Cut, would receive an R-rating, and he was right! Zack Snyder's Justice League has now officially been rated 'R' for "violence and some language," as well as being given the alternate title of Justice League: The Snyder Cut. It was previously announced that Batman will indeed be dropping at least one F bomb in this HBO Max original, which will stream this March with the possibility of also screening in select movie theaters across the country.

Zack Snyder has been hinting at the substantial differences between his version of Justice League and what audiences saw in theaters, with the filmmaker predicting that The Snyder Cut would nab a "Restricted" rating. "Here's one piece of information nobody knows: The movie is insane and so epic and is probably rated R - that's one thing I think will happen, that it will be an R-rated version, for sure," Snyder foretold. "We haven't heard from the MPAA, but that's my gut...There's one scene where Batman drops an F-bomb. Cyborg is not too happy with what's going on with his life before he meets the Justice League, and he tends to speak his mind. And Steppenwolf is pretty much just hacking people in half. So [the rating would be due to] violence and profanity, probably both."

The movie is expected to feature "a solid two-and-a-half hours of unseen footage," so expect something very different to what replacement director Joss Whedon produced back in 2017. The Snyder Cut will reportedly include Joe Manganiello in the role of Deathstroke, the arrival of Ray Porter as the tyrannical cosmic overlord Darkseid, a lot more of Cyborg's tragic story, Harry Lennix revealing himself as Martian Manhunter, and even the return of Jared Leto as the Joker, who's "road-weary" look was recently teased in an obscured, haunting new image.

The Snyder Cut is expected to follow a similar plot to Justice League, with a newly released synopsis making clear some of the changes; "In ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE, determined to ensure Superman's (Henry Cavill) ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) aligns forces with Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions. The task proves more difficult than Bruce imagined, as each of the recruits must face the demons of their own pasts to transcend that which has held them back, allowing them to come together, finally forming an unprecedented league of heroes. Now united, Batman (Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and The Flash (Ezra Miller) may be too late to save the planet from Steppenwolf, DeSaad and Darkseid and their dreadful intentions."

Zack Snyder's Justice League features an ensemble cast that includes Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman, Henry Cavill as Clark Kent / Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman, Ezra Miller as Barry Allen / The Flash, Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman, Ray Fisher as Victor Stone / Cyborg, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Connie Nielsen as Hippolyta, and J. K. Simmons as James Gordon. The Snyder Cut is now scheduled to be released to HBO Max on March 18, 2021.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/5/2021, 2:02 pm

Now we're talkin!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/14/2021, 12:18 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/14/2021, 12:54 pm

I’m into it except for “the Joker”
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/14/2021, 2:01 pm

Tyger wrote:I’m into it except for “the Joker”

But he doesn't have face tattoos yet so that makes him awesome.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/14/2021, 3:12 pm

The aspect ratio irritates me, there is a chunk of picture there that's just missing. In a world of 4K 16:9, we deserve more than a fucking 4:3.

But I'm curious to see how this turns out. Leto's Joker is an improvement over the Suicide Squad version, but still not the Joker we need. At the same time, probably the more suited Joker to Affleck's version of Batman. I can't imagine seeing Phoenix's version in this universe, you know. I wonder if he'll have that same laugh. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/14/2021, 6:14 pm

Technically, you are seeing more in this. The widescreen is a crop of the full frame. This is full IMAX style. You just don’t get the same effect on a home screen.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next