BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furious 7 ($1,511,516,643)

+2
Rusty
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

4 - Furious 7 ($1,511,516,643) - Page 2 Empty Re: Furious 7 ($1,511,516,643)

Post by WyldeMan 4/24/2015, 6:55 am

Nope, they are still looking at doing at least two more and let's be honest after the kind of money the last two have made, I see this franchise going well beyond 10. They'll just keep going bigger and bigger until Furious does a crossover where they all take down Megatron in Furious 12: Transformations.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/9/2015, 3:05 pm

Just started watching this.  The whole opening scene was so over the top ridiculous, even for this series.  Horrible CGI with the whole hospital opening scene with Statham.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/9/2015, 4:08 pm

1 Hour in and I've already gotten to my first "oh what the FUUUUUUUUCK?" moment, when Dom decides to crash his way down the mountainside with hacker chick in tow.

No way they survive that shit.

Skydiving cars from a jumbo jet?  Sure, I'll buy it.  THIS though?
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2015, 10:14 pm

Jason Statham Confirms He’ll Be Back for the Sequel

The Fast and Furious franchise is bigger than ever seven films into its series, with Furious 7 now standing at #4 on the all-time box office chart with a global gross of $1.5 billion. Universal Pictures was always going to make Fast and Furious 8, and indeed the film is already slated for release on April 14, 2017 and Vin Diesel has been teasing a location shift to New York City for this eighth installment. But what’s up in the air at this point is which characters will be involved. Dwayne Johnson is returning and the central “family” will likely remain intact—though sadly without Paul Walker—but what of the villains?

Jason Statham made his first appearance at the end of Fast & Furious 6 to tease his larger role in Furious 7 as the brother of Luke EvansFF6 villain. He and Vin Diesel/Dwayne Johnson went toe-to-toe over the course of this year’s film, but of course in the end, Good triumphed over Evil. But that doesn’t mean Statham is out of the franchise.

Speaking with Access Hollywood recently, Statham revealed that his character of Deckard Shaw will indeed be returning for Furious 8:

“We’re already talking about doing another one, Part 8. I’m a newcomer, I just got invited to the party in this last one, so it’s nice to know I’m going to be doing another.”

We know that the original third act of Furious 7 was intended to set up Kurt Russell’s enigmatic covert ops leader for Furious 8, but after the passing of Walker the film was retooled as tribute to the late actor. We can still reasonably expect Russell’s character to have a significant role in Furious 8, and now it appears that Statham will be along for the ride as well.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2015, 10:17 pm

If every time that a film lead dies, the film then goes on to make a billion plus, studios are going to start taking out their own leads....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2015, 11:30 am

The extended cut is available if you know where to look.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/25/2015, 3:49 am

So I'm watching this now, for the first time, after recently receiving my Steelbook from the UK.

I must say, that 1 hour and 38 minutes in, and it is the biggest pile of steaming horseshit I have ever seen.

I enjoyed the first 6 films. I'm a car guy. I own cars. I like car movies. They worked for me. They weren't the best films, but each built on the last, and they kept me entertained - and I got to see cool cars. They each were slightly better written than the previous, and also better directed, with slightly better budgets.

7 threw all that out the window. After The Conjuring, when the news hit that James Wan had the helm, I was stoked. I was wrong. He fucking failed. As nonsensical as the dialogue is, the shot and scene choices, timing, and compositions are fucking terrible.

Every shot feels like it was made in the off-chance it made it into the trailer. That's retarded.

This movie is retarded.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/25/2015, 9:47 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:So I'm watching this now, for the first time, after recently receiving my Steelbook from the UK.

I must say, that 1 hour and 38 minutes in, and it is the biggest pile of steaming horseshit I have ever seen.

I enjoyed the first 6 films. I'm a car guy. I own cars. I like car movies. They worked for me. They weren't the best films, but each built on the last, and they kept me entertained - and I got to see cool cars. They each were slightly better written than the previous, and also better directed, with slightly better budgets.

7 threw all that out the window. After The Conjuring, when the news hit that James Wan had the helm, I was stoked. I was wrong. He fucking failed. As nonsensical as the dialogue is, the shot and scene choices, timing, and compositions are fucking terrible.

Every shot feels like it was made in the off-chance it made it into the trailer. That's retarded.

This movie is retarded.

Hahahaha I gave a review of this in another thread and it was almost fucking identical to your experience! LOL.

By the 90 minute mark I was climbing the fucking walls trying to think of reasons to keep watching but I gave up.

Wan is a colossal disappointment which HORRIFIES me now that he has been hired to direct AQUAMAN!!!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/26/2015, 12:35 am

WyldeMan wrote:

Hahahaha I gave a review of this in another thread and it was almost fucking identical to your experience! LOL.

By the 90 minute mark I was climbing the fucking walls trying to think of reasons to keep watching but I gave up.

Wan is a colossal disappointment which HORRIFIES me now that he has been hired to direct AQUAMAN!!!

Problem with Aquaman is, like F7, I get the feeling it'll be directed by committee. Granted, Paul Walker's death meant they had to retool the film, but I still feel any director's hands wouldn't have been as free as they'd like. They have a formula that works (financially), and they wouldn't want that messed with too much.

I made it to the end of F7. It didn't get any better.

My God, was it terrible. The implausible stunts I can handle. I have no problem suspending disbelief when watching a film. It was the dialogue, and some story decisions that were simply bad. Like, actually bad.

The bus chase after the parachute drop. So it has big machine guns, but they have an armoured vehicle to hide behind. Cool. However, it has super-secret guns hidden down the side, that just happen to use "armour piercing rounds". Since money is obviously no objective to whoever own this high-tech setup - and it's designed to suppress attacks from people who probably know enough to have armoured vehicles -  why not use those rounds in all the guns?

Then, same scene. Brian jumps on-board. Kicks arse, rescues the girl, and gets her out onto Dom's car. Cool. However, as he's standing there, himself waiting to jump, the bad guy see him - and even though Brian is completely unaware, and is caught off-guard, rather than grab a gun and shoot him, or even just kick/push him off the bus traveling at high-speed, resulting in serious injury and possibly getting run over - he decides to grab Brian, pull him back in the confined spaces of the bus for another fight, and then try and use a gun.

Fucking stupid.

As I said earlier. Every scene feels like it was made just so they had something cool to put in the trailer. Nothing connects.

Oh, and the best part.

When Dom catches up with older brother Shaw after the funeral, the covert ops team comes out of seemingly nowhere (because, covert-ops), with half a dozen guys rappelling, shooting one-handed from-the-hip with automatic rifles. Letting Shaw know they're there, but also missing everything. Because that's what highly trained operators do!

6 guys, in 6 different positions, reasonably close, with Shaw out in the wide open. Even if they were all on full-auto - he would have caught at least a couple of bullets. Killing him was obviously the objective. Six guys staying out of sight, taking aim, and all shooting Shaw from the tactically superior static elevated position works.

But no, one-handed full-auto hip-shooting whilst rappelling is the way to go.

This movie went full retard.

Vin Diesel yesterday said on Facebook that he has promised the studio a trilogy to finish off the series. So it'll end with F10.

As callous as it may sound, for me, this series died with Paul Walker.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2015, 11:08 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Problem with Aquaman is, like F7, I get the feeling it'll be directed by committee. Granted, Paul Walker's death meant they had to retool the film, but I still feel any director's hands wouldn't have been as free as they'd like. They have a formula that works (financially), and they wouldn't want that messed with too much.

Not committee as much as everybody in the DCMU answer to Snyder and Snyder only answers to the Head of Warner, Kevin Tsujihara. But from everything I've read Snyder pretty much has final say on everything DCMU. They use a committee for scripting as they've got something like six scripts for every upcoming DCMU film. But Aquaman is being set up as a huge cornerstone of what they're building so I'm pretty sure if Wan looked like he was fucking it up, Snyder would execute him with AC's Trident. So I at least have hopes for a win win situation.  Cool

Now on to this mess.

Rusty Cunt wrote:The implausible stunts I can handle. I have no problem suspending disbelief when watching a film. It was the dialogue, and some story decisions that were simply bad.

This is an ability that I do not have. The stunts were so ridiculous that I couldn't even try to focus on whatever piss poor premise they dick slapped together and I shut the movie off before the 90 minute mark and never thought about finishing it.  

Rusty Cunt wrote:Then, same scene. Brian jumps on-board. Kicks arse, rescues the girl, and gets her out onto Dom's car. Cool. However, as he's standing there, himself waiting to jump, the bad guy see him - and even though Brian is completely unaware, and is caught off-guard, rather than grab a gun and shoot him, or even just kick/push him off the bus traveling at high-speed, resulting in serious injury and possibly getting run over - he decides to grab Brian, pull him back in the confined spaces of the bus for another fight, and then try and use a gun.

THIS was the scene that made me quit the movie! When Asian bad guy didn't just kick Brian out of the truck and instead got himself killed by Brian, it was just too much. The Asian bad guy death nail in the FF7 coffin for me.

Rusty Cunt wrote:This movie went full retard.

Vin Diesel yesterday said on Facebook that he has promised the studio a trilogy to finish off the series. So it'll end with F10.

As callous as it may sound, for me, this series died with Paul Walker.

It's kind of a bummer that I can't even bring myself to watch all of Paul's final film not because of him being dead but because of just how terrible it is. Yet it grossed more than a billion and a half dollars so the world loves full retard movies with stupid titles but I have got nothing but Fantastic Hate for F7 and beyond thanks to Wan. He managed to do what not even 2 Fast or Tokyo Drift could do, make me quit watching.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2015, 1:07 pm

Vin Diesel will be announcing the next FF director on his Facebook page sometime soon, a lot of speculation is that he will be directing the final trilogy since he promised the studio and has been a producer for the last several movies and rumor is the studio really want Diesel to direct their next FF trilogy.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/14/2016, 8:09 am

Just watched this last night on HBO. I missed 45 minutes of the middle on account of I had to pick up my mom. Despite missing the middle chunk of the movie, I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Unfortunately, it is not available OnDemand. What's up with that? One thing I have to say, though, the writing was a bit cheesy.

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/14/2016, 10:42 am

The middle was right where I could no longer continue, missing that is what allowed you access to the end. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/14/2016, 6:59 pm

Haha dang. Personally, I kinda like this franchise. They know it's over-the-top and they don't take themselves too seriously except Vin Diesel who is actually a superhero. First with the Superman save of Letty in 6. Then he does a Hulk Smash! move (in the video above). What's not to like? Razz
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/14/2016, 9:51 pm

I'm with you. I actually like this franchise, but 7 shit the bed. Sloppily. Everywhere.

If you like FF, watch Need for Speed. Story-line's not a whole lot better, but the action is all live. Fucking sensationally shot. Makes FF look like a Kanye West video game.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/15/2016, 8:52 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:I'm with you. I actually like this franchise, but 7 shit the bed. Sloppily. Everywhere.

If you like FF, watch Need for Speed. Story-line's not a whole lot better, but the action is all live. Fucking sensationally shot. Makes FF look like a Kanye West video game.

Agree 100%, back in the day I loved the original movie but two atrocious sequels took my love away for some years then Fast & Furious and Fast Five got me back on track and Six was a lot of fun but 7 was an abomination and was totally unwatchable for this is the only Kurt Russell movie in his entire catalog that I have not finished.

I've seen NFS like five times now and it's always fun, it's what this franchise used to be.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2