BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

+5
UltimateMarvel
detective392
Rusty
GrooThePerverted
WyldeMan
9 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 Empty Re: In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

Post by joey con carne 12/13/2016, 10:00 pm

Okay. I had no idea he was such a dick. Thanks for clearing that up for me, everyone. Shocked
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 Empty Re: In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2016, 11:10 pm

joey con carne wrote:Okay. I had no idea he was such a dick. Thanks for clearing that up for me, everyone. Shocked

He loves posting self-righteous religious videos on Youtube, check it out and bathe in the hate.

His sister DJ Tanner from Full House is also an ordained minister. That poison spread through the family and turned em all super fucked in the head.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/14/2016, 7:02 am

I'm not surprised Candace Cameron is very religious seeing as she has made a number of Christmas movies over the last few years:

Moonlight & Mistletoe (2008)
The Heart of Christmas (2011)
Let It Snow (2013)
Christmas Under Wraps (2014)
A Christmas Detour (2015)
Journey Back to Christmas (2016)

I wonder how much she was paid for each of those.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/14/2016, 8:23 am

joey con carne wrote:I'm not surprised Candace Cameron is very religious seeing as she has made a number of Christmas movies over the last few years:

Moonlight & Mistletoe (2008)
The Heart of Christmas (2011)
Let It Snow (2013)
Christmas Under Wraps (2014)
A Christmas Detour (2015)
Journey Back to Christmas (2016)

I wonder how much she was paid for each of those.

Oh she doesn't need money, she'll be rewarded in heaven. Though they still paid her cash anyways.

When I grew up and learned how fucked her and her brother were in the heads, it ruined two of my favorite 80's shows from when I was a kid.

But at least nothing will ever ruin the true Gold Standard of 80's television for me, The Wonder Years.... Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/14/2016, 4:32 pm

Dude, Winnie Cooper is pretty cool! She writes books for kids and stuff. Math books. Something about that is just sexy. And I think she looks really good now. She does Hallmark Christmas movies, too.

And, as you know, Fred Savage is involved with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

The Wonder Years cast seems to be doing pretty well.

Olivia D'Abo's career is still going strong (she's got lots of work).

Jason Hervey's last credit was Dove on Justice League back in 2004.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/14/2016, 7:31 pm

joey con carne wrote:Dude, Winnie Cooper is pretty cool! She writes books for kids and stuff. Math books. Something about that is just sexy. And I think she looks really good now. She does Hallmark Christmas movies, too.

And, as you know, Fred Savage is involved with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

The Wonder Years cast seems to be doing pretty well.

Olivia D'Abo's career is still going strong (she's got lots of work).

Jason Hervey's last credit was Dove on Justice League back in 2004.

Last I heard Jason Hervey was primarily a producer and working with the WWE and Fred Savage directs a lot of tv shows.

Dan Lauria never seems to age at all cause Jack Arnold is currently the manager of the Padres on Fox's Pitch. Cool

And Daniel Stern is on WGN's Manhattan.

30 years later, virtually the entire cast is still employed and several of the recurring guest stars went on to pretty good careers of their own like Giovanni Ribisi, Juliette Lewis and Stark Trek's Robert Picardo as the gym teacher.  Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/19/2017, 3:35 pm

Miguel Ferrer passed away. I only know him as Bob Morton in Robocop. He got kneecapped and I will never forget that scene.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/19/2017, 7:11 pm

Noooooooo, among many many many other things, he was on Twin Peaks. I just watched Blank Check yesterday too.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2017, 7:33 pm

Tyger wrote:Noooooooo, among many many many other things, he was on Twin Peaks. I just watched Blank Check yesterday too.

Just read about this myself, I didn't even know he had Cancer.

Blank Check my intro to Miguel before I was old enough for The Stand. I've always enjoyed his work though I think he's really only done NCIS for the last decade or so. He was a great 80's and 90's villain.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/19/2017, 8:14 pm

I didn't know about the cancer or NCIS. Both made me sad.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/19/2017, 9:03 pm

Damn.

I think Miguel and George Clooney are cousins.

Was in the game for a long time.

once married to Lelaini Sarelle.

Who played Catherine's lesbian lover in Basic Instinct.

RIP....

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2017, 6:15 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Damn.

I think Miguel and George Clooney are cousins.

Was in the game for a long time.

once married to Lelaini Sarelle.

Who played Catherine's lesbian lover in Basic Instinct.

RIP....

Saw Clooney's comment earlier:

Among those weighing in, Ferrer’s cousin, George Clooney. “Today history will mark giant changes in our world, and lost to most will be that on the same day Miguel Ferrer lost his battle to throat cancer,” said Clooney in a statement. “But not lost to his family. Miguel made the world brighter and funnier and his passing is felt so deeply in our family that events of the day, (monumental events), pale in comparison. We love you Miguel. We always will.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/20/2017, 9:34 pm

My favorite character Miguel played was Richard Dees.

In Stephen King's The Night Flier.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/28/2017, 7:55 am

John Hurt Dead at 77
walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 John-h10
Sir John Hurt, the two-time Academy Award nominee whose TV credits included episodes of Doctor Who and the voice of The Great Dragon on BBC One’s Merlin, died on Friday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 77.

Hurt’s TV roles also included Caligula in the BBC’s 1976 miniseries I, Claudius, the 2012 mini Labyrinth, the Kiefer Sutherland-created web-turned-Hulu series The Confession and, most recently, the European crime drama The Last Panthers (which aired Stateside on SundanceTV last spring).

The Brit was also originally cast as The Strain‘s Dr. Setrakian, but was replaced after the pilot was shot, with fellow Harry Potter vet David Bradley.

On the silver screen, Hurt earned Oscar and Golden Globe nods for both his heart-wrenching turn as David Merrick in The Elephant Man and as heroin addict Max in Midnight Express, winning a Globe for the latter. His other film roles included Alien, 1984, V for Vendetta, two Hellboy movies, Harry Potter‘s Mr. Ollivander and Snowpiercer.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/28/2017, 7:57 am

I didn't even know Hurt was sick, which seems to be a pattern among celebs with cancer.

Hurt was a fantastic actor and I always enjoyed his work, this is a huge loss to the film world.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/7/2017, 5:36 pm

Richard Hatch Dies: ‘Battlestar Galactica’s Captain Apollo Was 71
walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 Richar10
Richard Hatch, who starred alongside Lorne Greene and Dirk Benedict in the 1970s sci-fi series Battlestar Galactica, has died. He was 71. Ronald D. Moore, who created the 2000s reboot of the show in which Hatch also appeared, tweeted the news.

"Richard Hatch was a good man, a gracious man, and a consummate professional. His passing is a heavy blow to the entire BSG family." @RonDMoore

Alec Peters, who is working on the crowdsourced Star Trek fan film Axanar in which Hatch was playing a Klingon, said in a Facebook post that the actor had Stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Hatch earned a Golden Globe nomination for his role as Captain Apollo on the original Galactica, which was greenlighted amid Star Wars mania in the late 1970s. The series, which was expensive to produce and ended up airing only 21 episodes, also earned a Globes nom in 1979 for Outstanding Drama and won a pair of below-the-line Emmys. Running from September 1978-August 1979 on ABC, the good-guys-vs.-bad-guys-in-space drama drew a cult following but finished out of the Primetime Top 25. A retooled Battlestar Galactica 1980 aired that year, with only Greene — who played the father of Hatch’s character — remaining from the original cast.

A native of Santa Monica, Hatch guested on a number of popular TV series during the 1970s — from Room 222 and Kung Fu to Barnaby Jones and Hawaii Five-0 — before landing his first series-regular role. In 1976, he replaced Michael Douglas as Karl Malden’s partner in The Streets of San Francisco. Hatch remained with that show for its final two seasons.

After his signature role on Galactica, Hatch continued working in films and TV throughout his life. Along with more guest work on such hits as Murder, She Wrote, T.J. Hooker an arcs on Dynasty and Santa Barbara, he landed a recurring role as Tom Zarek on Sci-Fi Channel’s 2004-09 Battlestar Galactica series that was toplined by Edward James Olmos.

In 2011, Hatch appeared in a travelogue show called Who The Frak? and later had the title role in digital series The Silicon Assassin Project. He had a number of projects in various stages of development at the time of his death, according to IMDb.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai 2/19/2017, 4:38 pm

Hatch was a really nice guy who I was lucky enough to meet a couple times. Very down to earth...real shame.
kernel_thai
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/19/2017, 8:10 pm

kernel_thai wrote:Hatch was a really nice guy who I was lucky enough to meet a couple times.  Very down to earth...real shame.

Conventions or just randomly?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai 2/20/2017, 2:35 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
kernel_thai wrote:Hatch was a really nice guy who I was lucky enough to meet a couple times.  Very down to earth...real shame.

Used to be in an online group called Colonial Fleet and every year we used to have a meet up and party at Dragoncon in Atlanta. We used to invite the BSG cast members who were at the con and most of them would show up, drink with us and just bullshit with the 1,000 or so people the party would draw. Hatch was a regular and one year he showed up with these two big cakes he'd had baked in the shape of the Galactica.
kernel_thai
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/20/2017, 3:01 pm

kernel_thai wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Used to be in an online group called Colonial Fleet and every year we used to have a meet up and party at Dragoncon in Atlanta.  We used to invite the BSG cast members who were at the con and most of them would show up, drink with us and just bullshit with the 1,000 or so people the party would draw.  Hatch was a regular and one year he showed up with these two big cakes he'd had baked in the shape of the Galactica.

Very cool. I've only partied with musicians not actors. I've also never been to a convention for film or tv which sounds awesome.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2017, 8:00 am

Iconic Actor Bill Paxton Dead at 61
walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 Bill-p10

Veteran actor Bill Paxton, best known to TV audiences as polygamist patriarch Bill Henrickson on HBO’s Big Love, died on Saturday due to complications from surgery. He was 61.

The actor, who was currently starring in CBS’ adaptation of the Denzel Washington/Ethan Hawke film Training Day, also appeared in the History Channel miniseries Hatfields & McCoys.

In a statement released to TMZ, Paxton’s family says that “it is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” and notes that his “passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable.”

In addition to his small-screen credits, Paxton is known for such films as Twister, Titanic and Aliens.

Paxton is survived by his wife, Louise Newbury, and his two children.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 2/26/2017, 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2017, 8:01 am

I was completely shocked by this news. I've been a big Paxton fan for a very long time and was looking forward to all the great roles he still had left in him. I can't believe Training Day was his final work........I refused to watch because I thought he was so much better than a CBS series.

To Bill Paxton, the only man to ever face a Predator, Alien and The Terminator...

Rest Well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/26/2017, 2:37 pm

Game over, man Sad
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/26/2017, 5:40 pm

WTF Bill Paxton nooooooooo! True Lies and Frailty were the films in which I first saw him. Geez, that's sad.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/26/2017, 6:17 pm

What a bummer. Wonder what surgery he was having.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2017, 7:12 am

joey con carne wrote:WTF Bill Paxton nooooooooo! True Lies and Frailty were the films in which I first saw him. Geez, that's sad.

Aliens, Weird Science, Predator 2, Frailty, Near Dark, Tombstone, Next of Kin, Twister, True Lies, A Simple Plan, Edge of Tomorrow, Nightcrawler and the list goes on. Not to forget his great tv work on Big Love. Bill Paxton leaves behind an incredible body of work but I still hoped/expected another twenty years worth of entertainment from him.

Rusty Cunt wrote:What a bummer. Wonder what surgery he was having.

He died during hearth surgery.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai 2/27/2017, 9:45 am

Wow. 61 is just getting warmed up.
kernel_thai
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2017, 11:19 am

kernel_thai wrote:Wow.   61 is just getting warmed up.

Both Anton Yelchin and Bill Paxton in one year, two actors I thought we'd have decades worth of more films from.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2017, 6:43 pm

Paxton’s Childhood Rheumatic Fever Could Have Caused Fatal Heart Damage
Bill Paxton’s death at age 61 on Saturday could be linked to a childhood bout of rheumatic fever.

The “Twister” actor, who passed away due to complications from heart surgery, revealed on a podcast earlier this month that he was bedridden for six months after contracting the inflammatory disease when he was 13.

“I had been to a hockey game, and I woke up one night and I had a lot of pain in my left wrist,” Paxton told Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast on Feb. 6.

“I spent a good part of the seventh grade in bed,” he said, explaining that the ailment usually originates from strep throat. “I’d had a sore throat at Christmas. It had kind of gotten into my wrist, but it usually damages your heart valves.”

“Did it?” Maron asked. “Yeah, yeah,” Paxton replied.

The “Training Day” star also said that the illness may have benefitted him in terms of his future career. “It kind of isolated me  at an interesting age … Suddenly I was in this voyeuristic kind world, where I had TV but there wasn’t much TV on in those days, and I read a lot and looked out the window at the golf course, for about six months.”

According to the Mayo Clinic website, rheumatic fever can cause permanent damage to the heart, including damaged heart valves and heart failure.

Rheumatic heart disease is permanent damage to the heart caused by rheumatic fever, which  usually occurs 10 to 20 years after the original illness, the site explains, problems are most common with the valve between the two left chambers of the heart (mitral valve), but the other valves can be affected.

Doug Liman, who directed Paxton in the 2014 thriller “Edge of Tomorrow,” told the New York Daily News that the actor had talked to him about his upcoming heart surgery a few weeks ago.

“Even facing major surgery, his optimism for the future was infectious,” Liman said. “He was talking about the future, things we hoped to do together.”

Paxton’s numerous acting accolades included prominent roles in “Aliens,” “Apollo 13,” “Titanic,” “Million Dollar Arm,” “Nightcrawler,” “A Simple Plan” and “The Circle,” which is currently in post-production.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2017, 6:45 pm

Wow, severely damaged valves because of an illness 50 years early? He never stood a chance on that table.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/6/2017, 12:42 pm

Paxton’s Death Certificate Reveals Valve Replacement Surgery Triggered Stroke
Bill Paxton‘s death was triggered by an aneurysm that required surgery which resulted in a fatal stroke.

According to the death certificate, obtained by TMZ, Paxton had just undergone valve replacement surgery to correct the aortic aneurysm problem when complications arose later and he suffered a stroke.

According to the death certificate, Bill had the surgery on Feb. 14 and died on the 25.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/6/2017, 6:20 pm

Don Rickles passed away today at the age of 90. He had a hell of a career. Still, it sucks he won't play Mr. Potato Head in the next Toy Story film.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2017, 7:07 pm

‘Happy Days’ Star Erin Moran Dies at 56
walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 Erinmo10
Erin Moran, best known for playing Joanie Cunningham on “Happy days,” has died. She was 56.

According to TMZ, Moran’s body was found unresponsive Saturday afternoon by authorities in Indiana. The cause of death is unknown.

The California-born actress, who also starred in “Happy Days” spinoff “Joanie Loves Chachi” opposite Scott Baio, had fallen on hard times in recent years. She was reportedly kicked out of her trailer park home in Indiana, according to tabloid reports, because of her hard-partying ways.

Moran was just 14 when she signed on to play Ron Howard’s sister in the TV classic “Happy Days,” which aired from 1974 to 1983. Her TV credits also include “The Love Boat,” “Murder, She Wrote” and “The Bold and the Beautiful.”

She most recently appeared on VH1 reality show “Celebrity Fit Club” in 2008.

In 2012, Moran and three of her “Happy Days” co-stars – Williams, Marion Ross, Don Most and the widow of Tom Bosley – filed a $10 million lawsuit against CBS. The actors claimed they never received merchandise royalties owed under their contracts. The case was later settled out of court. Neither Henry Winkly, who famously starred as the Fonz on the show, nor Howard were part of the lawsuit.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/22/2017, 7:18 pm

She fell on hard times in later years.

Very sad.

R.I.P.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/26/2017, 9:58 am

Academy Award winning Director Jonathan Demme passed away, he was 73 yrs old.

His nephew Ted Demme died back in 2002.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/10/2017, 9:54 am

Michael Parks, Go-To Character Actor for Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith, Dies at 77
walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 Mv5bnj11
Michael Parks, veteran character actor known for his work on “Twin Peaks” and  Quentin Tarantino films including “Django Unchained” and the “Kill Bill” series, died on Tuesday, according to his agent. He was 77.

The cause of his death has not yet known.

Parks had more than 100 film and TV credits, including his portrayal of French-Canadian drug runner Jean Renault on David Lynch’s  TV series “Twin Peaks” in the early 1990s.
He became a favorite of young directors, including Tarantino, Kevin Smith and Robert Rodriguez, who cast Parks in two of his “From Dusk Till Dawn” films.

Smith, who described Parks as his “cinematic muse” and directed him in 2015’s “Red State” and 2014’s “Tusk,” broke the news on Wednesday on Instagram:

I hate to report that my cinematic muse #michaelparks has passed away. Michael was, and will likely forever remain, the best actor I’ve ever known. I wrote both #RedState and @tuskthemovie FOR Parks, I loved his acting so much. He was, hands-down, the most incredible thespian I ever had the pleasure to watch perform. And Parks brought out the absolute best in me every time he got near my set. From the moment I saw him steal the opening scene of #fromdusktildawn at an advance screening at the Sunset 5 back in the mid-90’s, I said to @samosier “Could you imagine what it must be like to work with a Yoda of acting like that guy? I gotta write for him one day.” It took me 15 years but my dream came true on Red State (for which Parks won Best Actor at the @sitgesfestival) and then again years later with #tusk. Only Michael Parks could have delivered the line “Is man indeed a walrus at heart?” and make it scary as fuck. My favorite memory of Michael is watching him and #johnnydepp act with and at each other, like a couple of dueling wizards, in their shared scene in Tusk. Parks was in Heaven that day, sharing the screen with another brilliant actor and creating an unforgettable performance. He elevated any flick or TV show he was in and elevated every director he ever acted for. I was so fucking blessed to have worked with this bonafide genius. But really, I was just lucky to have known him at all. My heart goes out to James (Michael’s son), Oriana (Michael’s wife), Quentin Tarantino (Michael’s biggest fan) and any movie or music lover who was ever dazzled by the talents of Michael Parks. Farewell, old friend. I’ll see you farther along… #KevinSmith #actor #genius #rip #walrusyes

Parks was born in Corona, California, the son of a baseball player. He is survived by his wife, Oriana, and his son, James Parks, who is also an actor and appeared in some of the same films as his father.

Parks got his start on the early 1960s ABC sitcom “The Real McCoys.” His early acting credits also include “Perry Mason,” and two NBC series: “Sam Benedict” and “The Eleventh Hour.”

Parks was also a singer, putting out multiple recordings from 1969 through 2011.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/10/2017, 4:18 pm

That sucks. He was fantastic. His spin in Red State was off the charts. Shame we'll also never get another Tarantino movie out of him.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/10/2017, 6:16 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Shame we'll also never get another Tarantino movie out of him.

That was exactly where my mind went. His son James is a series regular on the AMC series The Son and I kept hoping they'd find a way to bring Michael on board.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/10/2017, 9:39 pm

I remember his series Then Came Bronson.

Parks had that Quiet Cool thing going on.

Another is Bo Hopkins, who's still with us.

Both great underrated character actors.

Robert John Burke, Stephen Lang and Robert Patrick remind me of them.

Had he not ruined his career with drugs, Jan-Michael Vincent
would've been perfect for  QT films.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/14/2017, 7:41 pm

Powers Boothe, Emmy-Winning Character Actor, Dead at 68
walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 Powers11

Powers Boothe, an Emmy-winning character actor with credits on “Nashville,” “Hatfield and McCoys” and “Deadwood,” has died at 68.

In a statement, the actor’s longtime publicist Karen Samfillipo told TheWrap:

Powers died in his sleep this morning of natural causes.  There will be a private service held in Texas where he was from.  A memorial celebration in his honor is being considered for a future date.  Donations can be made to the Gary Sinise Foundation, which honors the nation’s defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need.

His friend Beau Bridges mourned the loss  over Twitter.

It's with great sadness that I mourn the passing of my friend Powers Boothe. A dear friend, great actor, devoted father & husband.
Beau Bridges (@MrBeauBridges) May 14, 2017

Boothe had dozens of roles in film and television through a career that stretched back to 1980. He won the Emmy for outstanding lead actor in a limited series for his portrayal of Jim Jones in “Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones” in 1980.

Among his recent roles, Boothe appeared in the 2012 miniseries “Hatfields & McCoys” as Judge Valentine “Wall” Hatfield and played Lamar Wyatt in the ABC show “Nashville.” He also appeared in the “Sin City” franchise as well as “The Avengers” and reprised the role in ABC’s “Agents of Shield.”

According to Wikipedia, Boothe was born on a farm in Snyder, Texas, the son of a rancher. He was married to Pam Cole with whom he had two children, Parisse and Preston.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/14/2017, 7:48 pm

No way. Fuck. Loved him in Deadwood. Time for a rewatch.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/14/2017, 8:30 pm

Damn.

RIP

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/15/2017, 9:05 am

Last I saw him was in Agents of SHIELD. He went peacefully, may he rest in peace.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/15/2017, 6:33 pm

Next viewing of Tombstone is gonna be double sad now
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/23/2017, 8:58 am

Roger Moore, James Bond Star, Dies at 89
walrusyes - In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 4 Roger-10

Roger Moore, the handsome English actor who appeared in seven films as James Bond — the most of any Bond actor — and as Simon Templar on “The Saint” TV series, has died in Switzerland after a short battle with cancer. He was 89.

His family issued an announcement on Twitter: “It is with the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated.”

With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated. pic.twitter.com/6dhiA6dnVg
— Sir Roger Moore (@sirrogermoore) May 23, 2017

Moore appeared in more official Bond pics than his friend Sean Connery over a longer period of time, and while Connery’s fans were fiercely loyal, polls showed that many others favored Moore’s lighter, more humorous take on 007.

In 1972, Moore was asked to join Her Majesty’s Secret Service. He took on the mantle of 007 for 1973’s “Live and Let Die,” which would lead to six more turns as England’s top spy. In addition to reviving the franchise at the B.O. after waning prospects at the end of Connery’s run, the new James Bond relied on more humor in stories that cranked up the camp.

Moore as Bond began to shake off the Connery comparisons and pick up speed after 1977’s “The Spy Who Loved Me” launched the series into super-blockbuster status, raking in $185.4 million worldwide. Next up, the outer space-traveling “Moonraker” (1979) cumed $202 million and 1981’s “For Your Eyes Only” took $194 million.

His next roles were in “Octopussy” (1983) and 1985’s “A View to a Kill,” in which he surrendered his license to kill.

The young actor came to the U.S. in 1953. MGM signed him to a contract and he received supporting work on several pictures. He played a tennis pro in 1954’s “The Last Time I Saw Paris,” with Elizabeth Taylor. The role was one of several in the ’50s that hinged on his tall, athletic good looks. He would often play royalty or military characters.

Moore had his first taste of smallscreen stardom from 1956-58 as the lead, Sir Winfred, in ITV’s “Ivanhoe.” While still drawing film roles, he would continue to star in TV programs, following “Ivanhoe” with short-lived ABC Western “The Alaskans” and replacing James Garner in “Maverick” in 1960-61 (Moore played British cousin Beau Maverick). By the time he arrived on “Maverick,” its popularity was waning, but Moore won over the cast and crew with his good humor and charm, on-set qualities for which the actor would be known throughout his career.

In 1962, Moore began playing one of the roles that would define his celebrity, dashing thief Simon Templar, who would steal from rich villains each week on “The Saint.” The show ran 118 episodes, transitioning from B&W to color and finally wrapping in 1969. The British skein initially ran in syndication in the States but was part of NBC’s primetime schedule from 1967-69.

Stories would feature exotic locales, beautiful women and plenty of action, elements shared with the bigscreen tales about a certain British spy of the era. Ironically, it was the “Saint” contract that prevented Moore from competing for the role of 007 when Sean Connery was cast in 1962’s “Dr. No.”

Moore returned to the big screen with a pair of forgettable thrillers in ’69 and ’70. Despite having sworn off TV, he was subsequently lured back for “The Persuaders.” The show, which featured Moore and Tony Curtis as millionaire playboy crime-fighters, ran only one season; it was successful in Europe but failed in its run on ABC in the U.S.

During his 13 years as 007, Moore landed feature roles in other action films, but none that would compete with the Bond franchise. Movies from that period include 1978’s “The Wild Geese,” with Richard Burton and Richard Harris, and 1980’s “ffolkes” with James Mason and David Hedison, who played CIA agent Felix Leiter in “Live and Let Die.”

The actor took great fun in skewering his slick image offscreen and on-, including appearances in “Cannonball Run” and TV’s “The Muppet Show,” in which he struck out with Miss Piggy; in the 2002 comedy “Boat Trip,” he played a flamboyant homosexual with some Bond-like elements, and in 2004 he lent his voice to animated short “The Fly Who Loved Me.”

He also occasionally appeared both on the big and small screen. He appeared in the Spice Girls feature “Spice World,” provided a voice for “The Saint” feature in 1997, appeared in an episode of “Alias” in 2003 and had a role in the 2013 telepic version of “The Saint” starring Eliza Dushku.

Moore did quite a bit of voice work in the 2000s in pics including “Here Comes Peter Cottontail,” “Agent Crush,” “Gnomes and Trolls: The Forest Trial,” “De vilde svaner” and 2010’s “Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore,” whose title was an allusion to Bond girl Pussy Galore of “Goldfinger”; his “Cats and Dogs” character was Tab Lazenby.

He became a UNICEF goodwill ambassador in 1991 and had been an active advocate for children’s causes. In 1999, he was honored by the British government with the title Commander of the British Empire.

Moore was born in Stockwell, South London. Despite health problems, Moore excelled at school and took an early interest in art and drawing. His grammar school education was interrupted by the start of WWII; he and his mother spent most of the war in Amersham, 25 miles outside of London.

In 1943, Moore decided to leave school and pursue work in animation at Publicity Pictures Prods., where he was a junior trainee in cartooning. But mishandling of some celluloid brought a swift conclusion to that career path.

Moore began his long acting career during the summer of 1944, when a friend recommended that he seek work as an extra on the film “Caesar and Cleopatra,” which brought Moore a walk-on role and the attention of co-director Brian Desmond Hurst, who was impressed with the looks of the tall, thin young man and secured him extra parts in two subsequent pics. With the support of Hurst, Moore auditioned for and was admitted to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.

In 1945, Moore was called up for national service and, after basic training, was recommended for the Intelligence Corps. “The only reason they commissioned me was I looked good in a uniform,” Moore joked of his military career.

The actor’s autobiography, “My Word Is My Bond,” was published in 2008; his other books include memoir “One Lucky Bastard” and “Bond on Bond.” In recent years he toured with a popular one-man show, “An Evening With Roger Moore.”

Moore was married to skater Doorn Van Steyn, singer Dorothy Squires, Italian actress Luisa Mattioli and finally to Danish-Swedish multimillionaire Kristina “Kiki” Tholstrup. He is survived by Tholstrup; a daughter, actress Deborah Moore; and two sons, Geoffrey Moore, an actor, and Christian Moore, a film producer.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next