BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Movie News

+3
Tyger
Rusty
ForeverBlu
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Random Movie News  - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Movie News

Post by WyldeMan 1/24/2015, 7:38 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Looking at Depp's filmography, I haven't enjoyed anything of his since Blow, and that was 14 years ago. I did like the first Pirates flick when it came out, but I watched it a couple months back, and it doesn't hold up.

This was a discussion I've been having on the forums for over five years now, he's washed up and doesn't make quality films anymore.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/24/2015, 8:11 pm

He needs to move away from the caricature schtick, and have a crack at some kind of simple low budget indie flick - think McConaughey in Mud, or Cage in Joe. Something simple and down to earth. Leave the weird shit for someone else.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/24/2015, 10:25 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote: Something simple and down to earth.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape is probably the only time in his career he was being a normal everyday person. Every single other role has always been a gimmick or very weird character of some sort.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/28/2015, 7:35 pm

Seeing Depp now, it's clear that Vanessa Paradis and the kids bought stability to his life.

Now he's bloated, drunken mess that Amber Heard latched on to for a come up.

Who's best years are long gone.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/28/2015, 9:25 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Yet another massive Depp failure. It's time to move on and put him on the VOD shelf where he belongs and should have gone years ago.

I don't hate Depp as much as you do but things haven't been going good for him lately, I'd say since Pirates 4. And he needs to get his act together as well, I saw that speech he gave at an award or something where he was drunk and couldn't speak properly. He should feel humiliated and embarrassed, it becomes inappropriate at a certain age especially doing stuff like that on TV. Rolling Eyes
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/28/2015, 10:22 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Seeing Depp now, it's clear that Vanessa Paradis and the kids bought stability to his life.

Now he's bloated, drunken mess that Amber Heard latched on to for a come up.

Who's best years are long gone.

I'm calling bullshit, he was looking like a middle aged lesbian years before he met Heard. He was done by the time he made the first POTC.

She's still gorgeous.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/28/2015, 10:31 pm

He's only been bloated and embarrassing recently though. Midlife crisis.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/28/2015, 10:59 pm

Tyger wrote:He's only been bloated and embarrassing recently though. Midlife crisis.

He's a washed up drunk. Depp's own friends have been talking about how hard Amber's been trying to get that dude into rehab for over the last year and he's a joke who just doesn't want help.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/29/2015, 12:10 am

Can't blame him. If I was a multimillionaire that was fucking a bisexual Amber Heard, I wouldn't think I needed fixing.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2015, 8:38 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Can't blame him. If I was a multimillionaire that was fucking a bisexual Amber Heard, I wouldn't think I needed fixing.

Yeah but if you're getting so drunk you cant even talk then you know what else ya cant do at that stage. That sad old man is about to lose his shiny new trophy.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/30/2015, 2:28 pm

Some movies showed up overnight.

Top 5 DVDRIP
Rosewater Web DL
Wildcard Web DL

Gonna definitely check those three this weekend.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2015, 11:21 am

What the fuck! A sequel!?!?!?

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/5/2015, 4:24 pm

Deep and Amber Heard got married.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2015, 5:04 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Deep and Amber Heard got married.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/5/2015, 5:39 pm

Yep, without a prenup.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2015, 6:59 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Yep, without a prenup.

He deserves whatever she takes.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/6/2015, 2:18 pm

I give the marriage 1.5-2 years.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2015, 3:51 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:I give the marriage 1.5-2 years.

I'm hoping she remembers how much better women are within the next 12 months.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/6/2015, 8:16 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I'm hoping she remembers how much better women are within the next 12 months.

Shocked NO! That's a diss to all men out there. Who's side are you on?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/6/2015, 8:34 pm

Abe is always so threatened by vaginas
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2015, 8:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I'm hoping she remembers how much better women are within the next 12 months.

Shocked NO! That's a diss to all men out there. Who's side are you on?

Abe, I'm on Team Vagina, so whichever side picks vagina and also looks like Amber Heard is the team I pick every time. Not Johnny Depp who is some washed up has been who only managed to land Heard on the recognition of who he used to be. He's a creepy old drunk so I'm Team Amber/Aka Team Vagina!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/6/2015, 11:44 pm

Not saying I support Amber/Johnny at all. lol! But maybe some other dude can appreciate her fine body. Of all the men she could be with, can't believe she's with him.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2015, 11:49 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Not saying I support Amber/Johnny at all. lol! But maybe some other dude can appreciate her fine body. Of all the men she could be with, can't believe she's with him.

She should go back to women, that suited her better.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/14/2015, 11:06 am

This makes me instantly hate the reboot. I thought there might be potential for them to finally do this right but this overrated hack proved me wrong.

Latino Review reports that former WWE star Dave Bautista will play the role of the barbarian known as The Kurgan, originally depicted onscreen by The Flash villain Clancy Brown.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2015, 1:29 pm

Random Movie News  - Page 2 Untitl13
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 2/24/2015, 12:56 pm

Doesn't look like we'll be seeing Chucky again until Fall 2016.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2015, 1:01 pm

detective392 wrote:Doesn't look like we'll be seeing Chucky again until Fall 2016.

Where'd you get that?

Even so, I'm ok waiting, when they rushed we got Bride and Seed.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 2/24/2015, 1:04 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
detective392 wrote:Doesn't look like we'll be seeing Chucky again until Fall 2016.

Where'd you get that?

Even so, I'm ok waiting, when they rushed we got Bride and Seed.
Just going on the fact that the script is still being written so I doubt it will be a Fall 2015 release. I see them sticking with the Fall date so I just guessed Fall 2016. It could hit earlier though in the Summer or Spring.

Plus Tremors 5 seems to be Universal Studios Home Entertainment big Fall release. I can see 2016 being the big CP7 push.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/24/2015, 1:12 pm

Let's not act like Curse was brilliant either
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 2/24/2015, 1:24 pm

Tyger wrote:Let's not act like Curse was brilliant either
A lot better than Seed and Bride. It brought Chucky back to his horror roots. Only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler:
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2015, 2:17 pm

detective392 wrote:A lot better than Seed and Bride. It brought Chucky back to his horror roots. Only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler:

Agreed on both.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/24/2015, 2:22 pm

I still haven't watched Seed. Bride fails at horror, but succeeds at comedy. Curse was just eh the whole time. I wanted to like it, it just wasn't that good. Liked the tag though.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2015, 3:00 pm

Tyger wrote:I still haven't watched Seed.

If you can maintain that, do, I still wish I'd never seen it.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/28/2015, 10:09 am

I didn't care for the Carrie remake but I find this to be rather interesting.

Random Movie News  - Page 2 Carrie10

After I read your article, I decided to do some research on the remake. I checked out two of the main fan-pages and I came across a number of interesting stuff. It does appear that director Kimberly Peirce did opt to make a film that was faithful to Stephen King's novel, but, unfortunately, it turns out the studio intervened with the editing of the film to "cash-in" on a Halloween release. There were numerous interviews where Kimberly Peirce and producer Kevin Misher said that the upcoming remake was going to be faithful to the Stephen King novel. The teaser trailer that was released in October 2012 was proof that the remake was going to be a lot different from its predecessor. The town destruction, that everyone was looking forward to, was actually filmed. The voices, that we heard in the teaser trailer, were actually from the courtroom scenes, known as the White Commission. I managed to get a hold of Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's original screenplay, and I can safely that the original script didn't follow the same structure as the 1976 film. I will admit there were a few homages, but it was a whole new take on the story.

I've come across a number of filmmakers who've had their films tampered with by those in power. Here's what I believe happened: The original cut was all ready to go in March, then the studios looked at the release date and thought they could make more money on "Carrie" during the Halloween season. So they requested multiple re-shoots and multiple re-edits to make it more closer to Brian De Palma's film. It would explain why Lawrence D. Cohen was credited after the film was delayed — they re-shot a number of scenes from his screenplay. There was a 9 month gap between when the announcement of the new release date to the release date of the movie in October, and in those 9 months a lot of scenes would have been dropped or trimmed to fit the new running time requested by the studios. The shorter the film, the more viewing sessions the film has. The question to me is who made the call to re-cut the film and hew closer to the De Palma version: Screen Gems, or Kimberly Peirce? I'm leaning towards Screen Gems.

Apparently, this film was heavily subjected to test screenings and focus groups, with test audiences shown several versions of the prom scene. I came across an interesting conversation on one of the fan-pages, and according to someone who saw the early test screening back in December 2012, the original cut of the film was more violent. A hardcore R rating. I believe the film's brutality and gore were toned down during the editing process because of what happened in Sandy Hook. The person claimed that the audience felt a little concerned about the film and what happened in Sandy Hook. The fact that focus groups played a heavy role in the final cut tells me that Kimberly Peirce did not, and certainly not to a degree where she would be able to effectively dictate her vision of what the film ought to be. Between that and the re-shoots, this was not an auteur project, but a studio project.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/26/2015, 3:35 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I didn't care for the Carrie remake but I find this to be rather interesting.

I'd like to watch a different ending too. I want to know what happened to her because I'm sure she didn't die. And it got weird in the end with Sue's pregnancy too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2015, 3:42 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I didn't care for the Carrie remake but I find this to be rather interesting.

I'd like to watch a different ending too. I want to know what happened to her because I'm sure she didn't die. And it got weird in the end with Sue's pregnancy too.

In regards to that, the book answered those questions better than either movie.

After killing Chris and Billy, Carrie becomes drained of most her strength and loss of blood. She is found lying in the middle of a dirt road near the town by Sue Snell, her former classmate. Carrie is nearly dead by this point, but has a final deep conversation with Sue (via telepathy) before her dying minutes later. Carrie does not forgive Sue and chooses to hold a grudge. Carrie, however, does believe her when she states she had nothing to do with the prank at the Prom. Thus, Carrie leaves her alive showing her some mercy, but also shows Sue all of the soul crushing torment she received as an outsider throughout her life. Sue finally sees and feels the misery of Carrie's sad life, that she would not have ever known about otherwise, Sue's heart breaks for Carrie in a selfless and honest way.

Carrie cries out loud for her mother, wanting to be comforted and held, as she dies in Sue's arms. Seconds later, as Sue gets up to call for help she strangely has her period on herself which was late, as the menstrual blood runs down her leg. Earlier in the story Sue believed she might have been pregnant with her boyfriend Tommy Ross's baby. But her period coming confirms she either had a miscarriage or she was never pregnant to began with. It hints that Sue received the "Curse of Blood" from Carrie as an act of forgiveness. Rather Sue's period coming at the exact same time of Carrie's death was coincidental or caused by Carrie's telepathic abilities herself is left to the unknown.
The authorities found her later and took her body away for investigation after she was identified by Sue Snell.

The cause of Carrie's death remains an open mystery. Carrie either died due to a combination of exhaustion, severe brain hemorrhaging from overusing her exceptionally strong telekinesis, blood loss from her wounds, or she used her telekinetic abilities to shut her own body down and committed suicide, after realizing what she had done. And the monster that she became. It also is very possible that Carrie couldn't live with herself knowing she killed her own mother, whom she loved unconditionally and died to possibly be with Margaret in the afterlife in either Heaven or Hell.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/26/2015, 8:29 pm

I wasn't aware there was even a book. That answers all the questions I needed to know. Case closed! No need for a director's cut. Cool Although, they should have explained it better in the theatrical release to begin with.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2015, 8:32 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I wasn't aware there was even a book. That answers all the questions I needed to know. Case closed! No need for a director's cut. Cool Although, they should have explained it better in the theatrical release to begin with.

Yeah........Stephen King wrote Carrie........ Embarassed

There was so much more to the story even after Carrie's death, there were government commissions and testimonies and it was a huge news ordeal. In true King fashion he went into every single detail you could have wondered about while watching the movies.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2015, 1:50 pm

‘Pacific Rim’ Sequel Delayed Indefinitely

Legendary Pictures is putting its “Pacific Rim” sequel on an indefinite hold.

Guillermo del Toro committed in June, 2014, to making a sequel to “Pacific Rim” with Universal scheduling the release for April 7, 2017. In April, the studio then decided to move the release date back to Aug. 4, 2017.

Del Toro was planning to start shooting in November, but Legendary has decided to put the project on the back burner for now. It had no comment on Wednesday, when news of the delay emerged.

Universal also had no comment Wednesday, but had not changed the Aug. 4, 2014 release date for the sequel.

When del Toro announced the sequel last year, Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni had been tapped to again produce alongside del Toro, Mary Parent and Callum Greene.

“Pacific Rim” was directed by del Toro and starred Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day and Robert Kazinsky. It’s never been clear whether the actors would reprise their roles in the sequel.

“Pacific Rim” was set in the 2020s with the Earth using giant “Jaegers” piloted by humans to battle Kaijus — monsters from an interdimensional portal on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

The film, which had a price tag of $190 million, was released in 2013 through Warner Bros. and took in only $101 million in the United States. It performed decently at the international box office with $310 million, led by $114 million in China.

Legendary concluded its agreement to co-produce and co-finance films with Warners in 2013 and began a similar pact with Universal, under which the company shares production costs on projects including “Jurassic World,” “Straight Outta Compton,” “Crimson Peak” and “Steve Jobs.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2015, 1:51 pm

This is going to free Charlie up big time on those King Arthur films now.

Wish the studios would stop robbing me of GDT franchises...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/16/2015, 2:17 pm

Noooooooo! I liked Pacific Rim, this is bullshit
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2015, 2:24 pm

Tyger wrote:Noooooooo! I liked Pacific Rim, this is bullshit

GDT announced last week he's working on a mystery project for 2017 but it's supposed to be an animated movie. I wonder if he knew this was going to happen...

I bet this also kills the PR animated series.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/16/2015, 2:27 pm

He should just not announce things until they're about to be released
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2015, 2:36 pm

Tyger wrote:He should just not announce things until they're about to be released

The good old days....we didn't even know a movie existed until a trailer told us it was coming out next month. But these days we know about a movie from the moment of inception to four years later when the movie is actually released. Sometimes it feels like I'm thinking "oh my god this two hour movie will be amazing when it comes out in just three more years!!!"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/16/2015, 10:32 pm

They really were the good old days. The longest wait would be like a teaser comes out a year before the movie, then you don't see anything for like 6 months and then the month before the movie comes out, it's fucking everywhere. TV spots, fast food chain tie-ins, all sorts of random shit. I miss all that.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next