BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Widow (May 1, 2020)

4 posters

Go down

Black Widow (May 1, 2020) Empty Black Widow (May 1, 2020)

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/3/2019, 12:48 pm

Black Widow (May 1, 2020) 411

A film about Natasha Romanoff in her quests between the films Civil War and Infinity War.

Director: Cate Shortland
Writers: Ned Benson, Don Heck, Jac Schaeffer, Don Rico, Stan Lee
Stars: Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh, Rachel Weisz, David Harbour, William Hurt

Last edited by UltimateMarvel on 3/9/2020, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Black Widow (May 1, 2020) Empty Re: Black Widow (May 1, 2020)

Post by joey con carne 12/3/2019, 5:11 pm

WTF where is the origin story?

We need origin stories. Gotta start when she was in high school, at minimum, with only the last twenty minutes or so where she dons the Black Widow moniker.

If anything, I think we need a reboot of Black Widow + origin story because everyone, and I mean everyone, wants that. This is a fact. I polled everyone.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/3/2019, 5:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:WTF where is the origin story?

We need origin stories. Gotta start when she was in high school, at minimum, with only the last twenty minutes or so where she dons the Black Widow moniker.

If anything, I think we need a reboot of Black Widow + origin story because everyone, and I mean everyone, wants that. This is a fact. I polled everyone.

I thought she was raised from a child in a Russian spy school like John Wick so why does she suddenly have a family sitcom setup???

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/4/2019, 12:32 pm

joey con carne wrote:WTF where is the origin story?

Not an origin but there might be flashbacks....maybe.

A Black Widow origin without Scarlett, who wants that? Are you sure you polled EVERYONE?

WyldeMan wrote:I thought she was raised from a child in a Russian spy school like John Wick so why does she suddenly have a family sitcom setup???

They were trained together and they have a common cause it seems. You saw that fight, under different circumstances they would probably kill each other if that was their mission.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/4/2019, 2:32 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Not an origin but there might be flashbacks....maybe.

A Black Widow origin without Scarlett, who wants that? Are you sure you polled EVERYONE?

I wasn't polled because Scarlett is only only Avenger, I want to pole. Cool

UltimateMarvel wrote:They were trained together and they have a common cause it seems. You saw that fight, under different circumstances they would probably kill each other if that was their mission.

So they're just products of Russian spy school and they're assigned to pretend to be a family? So this is a wacky movie version of "The Americans"?

I'm starting to notice a pattern with David Harbour and Russians. The first movie I really remember Harbour from was The Equalizer where he was a corrupt cop taking shady Russian money. Then there was Stranger Things where as an 80's cop he's battled shady Russians. Now, he's playing a Russian Superhero!??!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/4/2019, 4:09 pm

WyldeMan wrote:So they're just products of Russian spy school and they're assigned to pretend to be a family? So this is a wacky movie version of "The Americans"?

I guess. Kinda like Red Sparrow with J Law.

WyldeMan wrote:I'm starting to notice a pattern with David Harbour and Russians. The first movie I really remember Harbour from was The Equalizer where he was a corrupt cop taking shady Russian money. Then there was Stranger Things where as an 80's cop he's battled shady Russians. Now, he's playing a Russian Superhero!??!

That is weird...maybe he's part Russian.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/4/2019, 4:15 pm

He just played Hellboy, can’t get more red than that
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/2/2020, 9:20 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/9/2020, 11:39 am

I'm gonna try to see this one premiere day.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/4/2020, 9:00 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm gonna try to see this one premiere day.

Then you've got a long wait because Black Widow was just pushed back six months to November 6, 2020.

The Rock's Jungle Cruise got a year delay moving from July 24, 2020 to July 20, 2021.

Disney just pushed back pretty much their entire movie schedule between six months and a year for just about every release planned for 2020-2022. The entire Marvel slate just shifted.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/4/2020, 10:44 am

If you watched Endgame you’d know that sometimes timelines get fucked with
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/4/2020, 2:44 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Then you've got a long wait because Black Widow was just pushed back six months to November 6, 2020.

The Rock's Jungle Cruise got a year delay moving from July 24, 2020 to July 20, 2021.

Disney just pushed back pretty much their entire movie schedule between six months and a year for just about every release planned for 2020-2022. The entire Marvel slate just shifted.

I'm surprised they waited this long to move Black Widow. A month away is not enough time and I doubt theaters will be opening up even then but we'll see.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/23/2020, 12:29 pm

Black Widow, Eternals & Shang Chi Delayed as Disney Announces New Marvel Release Dates
Black Widow (May 1, 2020) Mcu-ma10
Marvel Studios has announced a significant delay for some of their most anticipated movies. Black Widow and the Eternals movie were due to open in theaters this year, but that will no longer be happening. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has also been delayed. The public health crisis is still raging on across a lot of the world, including the United States, where movie theaters are still struggling to open their doors after shutting down back in March.

The MCU's Phase 4 was supposed to kick off back in May with Black Widow. However, the studio decided to push it back to November of this year, though many knew that had a strong probability of not happening. The movie was supposed to open on November 20th, but will instead open on May 7th, 2021, which is over one year from when it was supposed to open.

Eternals was originally supposed to open in November of this year, but was later given a February 2021 release date. Now, the long-awaited movie will open in theaters on November 5th, 2021. This puts the movie just barely over a year from its original release date. While this isn't really too surprising, it could end up having an effect on the future MCU Phase 4 releases, though Marvel Studios has not announced anything past Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. That movie was set to open in May 2021, and it will now move to July 9th, 2021 instead, which is only a two-month difference.

As of this writing, it looks like Spider-Man 3 will still open in December 2021, though that could change at any moment now and that will ultimately be Sony's decision. With Marvel Studios looking to pushback so many release dates, it's beginning to look like Denis Villeneuve and Warner Bros. will more than likely pushback Dune too, which is scheduled to open in December. Christopher Nolan's Tenet is now in theaters that have been able to reopen and it is not doing very good business, despite strong openings overseas. As of this writing, the movie hasn't even been able to cross $100 million domestically.

Disney made the difficult decision to bring their live-action adaptation of Mulan straight to Disney+. It has proven to be a success, but it's definitely not making the same kind of money that it would have had it opened in theaters during a normal time. The studio has made it abundantly clear that they will not be doing the same thing with Black Widow, Eternals, or Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. For now, we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for the rest of the MCU Phase 4 slate. You can take a look at the updated dates below, thanks to Walt Disney Studios.

MCU Phase 4 Updated Release Dates

Black Widow previously dated on 11/6/20 moves to 5/7/21
Eternals previously dated on 2/12/21 moves to 11/5/21
Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings previously dated on 5/7/21 moves to 7/9/21
Thor: Love and Thunder 2//11/21
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 3/25/22
Black Panther 2 5/6/22
Captain Marvel 2 7/8/22
Untitled Marvel 10/7/22
Untitled Marvel 2/17/23
Untitled Marvel 5/5/23
Untitled Marvel 7/28/23
Untitled Marvel 11/3/23

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/24/2020, 6:48 pm

Which makes it a year from the original release date. Crazy!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/23/2021, 6:01 pm

Disney Shifts ‘Black Widow’ & ‘Cruella’ To Day & Date Release In Theaters And Disney+, Jarring Summer Box Office
Black Widow (May 1, 2020) Cruell10
Just when it looked like studios were going back to a theatrical window release pattern with today’s news of Regal and Warner Bros’ deal, Disney has smashes that to bits.

Disney said Tuesday that it is opening both of its key summer events pics Cruella and Marvel’s Black Widow simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access (which is usually $30 a purchase extra for subscribers) in most Disney+ markets on Friday, May 28 and Friday, July 9, respectively. It also  shifted release dates on five other films.

Just as the good news was spreading for Los Angeles and New York City’s reopening, the moves are a sign that the No. 1 studio doesn’t have faith in exhibition just yet.

Disney tried this recently with Raya and the Last Dragon to lackluster box office results ($23.4M in the first three weekends), and in this morning’s press release is declaring that movie was a “success” for them without backing the claim up with numbers. Cinemark as well as other exhibitors refused to play Raya given Disney’s stiff deal to them; by the studio taking their two most prized pics to Disney+ as well as theaters, it truly twists exhibitors’ arms. Oy. How could exhibition refuse to play such titles?

By the way, Deadline told you first that Cruella was heading to Disney+, though during Disney’s Investor Day back in December, it seemed that the movie was bound to stick to a theatrical release.

At the same time, Disney said its summer Pixar movie Luca will stream exclusively into Disney+ homes worldwide on June 18, which is what the studio did with Pixar’s Soul over Christmas. In international markets where Disney+ is not yet available, Luca will be released theatrically, with premiere dates to be announced.

If we all were listing closely to Chapek recently, it was clear he was indicating a theatrical-Disney+ release strategy for pics like Black Widow.

Before this even occurred today, one rival distribution chief predicted that Disney “would continue to experiment; they need to feed the beast” —  beast, meaning, Disney+. The upside of Disney+ Premier Access releases for Disney? They get to keep 100% of the cash. There’s no splitting of grosses which is the case with theaters. One million purchases of Black Widow or Cruella at $30 apiece translates to $30M. End of story.

The other factor to consider here in Disney avoiding a full-blooded theatrical release of Black Widow and Cruella is that most international theatrical markets outside of Asia are closed down. Europe isn’t fully back on line nor is Latin America. That will take time.

“Today’s announcement reflects our focus on providing consumer choice and serving the evolving preferences of audiences.  By leveraging a flexible distribution strategy in a dynamic marketplace that is beginning to recover from the global pandemic, we will continue to employ the best options to deliver The Walt Disney Company’s unparalleled storytelling to fans and families around the world,” said Kareem Daniel, Chairman, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, in a statement.

Here are all the theatrical release date changes Disney announced today:

Black Widow on July 9, 2021 (from May 7, 2021)

Free Guy on August 13, 2021 (from May 21, 2021)

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings on September 3, 2021 (from July 9, 2021)

The King’s Man on December 22, 2021 (from August 20, 2021)

Deep Water on January 14, 2022 (from August 13, 2021)

Death on the Nile on February 11, 2022 (from September 17, 2021)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/23/2021, 6:04 pm

This is the part that caught my attention as I read last month that Disney+ already has over 95 million subscribers. The potential to make some real profits are there if they can earn $30 million with basically 1% of their subscriber base and I'd imagine both of those movies are going to attract a lot more interest than that.

"The upside of Disney+ Premier Access releases for Disney? They get to keep 100% of the cash. There’s no splitting of grosses which is the case with theaters. One million purchases of Black Widow or Cruella at $30 apiece translates to $30M. End of story."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/23/2021, 8:23 pm

If Black Widow does really well on streaming than in theaters, it doesn't look good for theaters. If Disney goes all the way with streaming then other companies will follow for sure and it's game over.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2021, 11:27 am

Black Widow (May 1, 2020) Image10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/24/2021, 8:52 pm

Black Widow (May 1, 2020) Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2021, 10:39 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Black Widow (May 1, 2020) Giphy

I take it your excited to see Natasha's finale appearance in the MCU? It's kind of a shame that she's passing on the Widow mantle through a prequel.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/25/2021, 9:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I take it your excited to see Natasha's finale appearance in the MCU? It's kind of a shame that she's passing on the Widow mantle through a prequel.

I was just admiring how great she looks in that sexy white outfit. But I'll miss her as Black Widow.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2021, 10:59 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/3/2021, 8:21 pm

Nice trailer! I don't want to see Natasha go yet. If the trailer for Loki, I thought I saw her sitting somewhere if it's her but it could be someone else. If they can bring her back somehow through Infinity Stone loop hole or something, I'm open to it. If Scarlett says she's done then that's ok too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/4/2021, 8:05 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nice trailer! I don't want to see Natasha go yet. If the trailer for Loki, I thought I saw her sitting somewhere if it's her but it could be someone else. If they can bring her back somehow through Infinity Stone loop hole or something, I'm open to it. If Scarlett says she's done then that's ok too.

Both Black Widow and the Loki series are prequels to Endgame because both characters are dead.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/4/2021, 2:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Both Black Widow and the Loki series are prequels to Endgame because both characters are dead.

Loki series is not a prequel. Loki is alive because when they went back in time in Endgame, he escaped. That's where his show picks up.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down