BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2019, 12:53 pm

Jason Reitman is carrying on the legacy. The son of the original Ghostbusters helmer, Ivan Reitman, will direct the next Ghostbusters feature for Sony Pictures. Due out summer 2020, the new film will serve as the next chapter following the original story, which was first released in 1984 and starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and the late Harold Ramis.

This pic is not associated with the 2016 all-female Paul Feig-directed reboot, which starred Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones. The film received mixed reviews and was considered a failure at the box office because of its high production cost.

Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan co-wrote the screenplay with for the film, which has been kept in secrecy until now. Production begins this summer.

No word if anyone from the original cast will be involved.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 10:03 am; edited 8 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty Re: Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/16/2019, 1:08 pm

Looks like he made Thank you for Smoking, he's made some good films. I'm sure this will be better than the recent all female one. But I've never been into Ghostbusters much. What do you think about this?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty Re: Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2019, 1:11 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Looks like he made Thank you for Smoking, he's made some good films. I'm sure this will be better than the recent all female one. But I've never been into Ghostbusters much. What do you think about this?

I spent years waiting for a true Ghostbusters 3 with Murray, Ramis and Ackroyd but now that Ramis is dead and Murray and Ackroyd are so old, I think they waited too damned long and this will be about the duo mentoring the next millennial wave of 20 year old ghostbusters and the apps they use to hunt them. I fully expect a millennial rainbow of disappointment come casting time.

Community
Hunters
Suburra: Blood on Rome
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/16/2019, 2:34 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I spent years waiting for a true Ghostbusters 3 with Murray, Ramis and Ackroyd but now that Ramis is dead and Murray and Ackroyd are so old, I think they waited too damned long and this will be about the duo mentoring the next millennial wave of 20 year old ghostbusters and the apps they use to hunt them. I fully expect a millennial rainbow of disappointment come casting time.

LOL Yeah, they did wait too long. Still, that's the way to do it with both of them in it even though they're old. That way it's more of a continuation than a reboot.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2019, 9:48 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL Yeah, they did wait too long. Still, that's the way to do it with both of them in it even though they're old. That way it's more of a continuation than a reboot.

Ramis and Murray didn't speak to each other for over 20 years after a huge falling out when they were making Groundhog Dog and only reconciled when Ramis was already on his deathbed on 2014 and not until Bill's actor brother Brian Doyle begged him to go. I still don't know if Murray would do the sequel even now though, he's always been notoriously difficult to deal with and threw away his long friendship with Ramis over his own insecurities and that was why we never got a Ghostbusters 3.

I'll be curious to see how he handles the news about this next iteration in the franchise as for the most part, being difficult is how Bill has spent his life. I have a tremendous respect for Murray's body of work but his time with Ramis defined his career IMO and it's a shame that he wasn't able to put aside his own issues for so long and not until he was really too late.

Ackroyd though, has pretty much always seemed excited for another Ghostbusters film.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/18/2019, 1:49 pm

I didn't know about all of that. I thought everyone loved Murray.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/18/2019, 2:51 pm

People do, not everyone he’s worked with. I think most of it is pretty old though. He’s maintained a good relationship with Wes Anderson for over 20 years now.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2019, 4:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I didn't know about all of that. I thought everyone loved Murray.

Murray took his personal issues out on everybody around him at the time and unfortunately Ramis heavily suffered for it. It seems as though he's mellowed with age but he was known for being a mean bastard though I can't recall any stories about him ever getting physical with anybody and no woman have ever made any allegations against him either. Although he and Chevy Chase did get into a fist fight back in the days of SNL but Chase was the biggest cunt that ever lived.

One thing you may not realize is that Bill was notoriously reclusive back in those days and after the first GB film he wouldn't attend red carpet events and refused to work for several years. He'd fired his agents and replaced them with a answering machine that he never checked and he made any interested directors fax their scripts to local office supply stores because he didn't want to deal with them. Bill made himself unreachable for most of the 80s and 90s which left many extremely frustrated with him.

Though over the last decade I've lost count of the stories I've read about Murray randomly showing up to crash unexpected events or having fun with people in restaurants and it seems as though he has definitely mellowed and become more social in his older age but he's always had a wicked sense of humor.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/18/2019, 4:34 pm

He still uses a number that goes to voicemail to be contacted

His ex wife accused him of domestic violence and addictions to sex and marijuana during the divorce but I haven’t heard anything like that from anyone else
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2019, 7:06 pm

Tyger wrote:He still uses a number that goes to voicemail to be contacted

His ex wife accused him of domestic violence and addictions to sex and marijuana during the divorce but I haven’t heard anything like that from anyone else

Well now he's just old so, voicemail seems about right.

Oh wow, I never heard those allegations. Was that the first ex-wife from the '93 divorce that kicked off the feud with Ramis or the second ex-wife?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/18/2019, 8:31 pm

Second wife (who he cheated on first wife with), this was in 2008
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2019, 6:13 am

Tyger wrote:Second wife (who he cheated on first wife with), this was in 2008

Oh damn...

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/19/2019, 11:01 am

Sounds like he's an asshole. Guess Murray couldn't handle the attention after GB. I don't know why people would send him scripts if he's doing shit like that, I wouldn't. It doesn't seem like he respects his work and that he wants to work at all.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2019, 3:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Sounds like he's an asshole. Guess Murray couldn't handle the attention after GB. I don't know why people would send him scripts if he's doing shit like that, I wouldn't. It doesn't seem like he respects his work and that he wants to work at all.

If you think that based on what I wrote, that Murray is even remotely close to being one of the most difficult actor in history then you haven't been paying attention. Considering that the MeToo movement showed us that basically every actor in Hollywood spent the 80's and 90's raping everybody, Bill Murray's script faxing demands barely register.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/19/2019, 5:40 pm

WyldeMan wrote:If you think that based on what I wrote, that Murray is even remotely close to being one of the most difficult actor in history then you haven't been paying attention. Considering that the MeToo movement showed us that basically every actor in Hollywood spent the 80's and 90's raping everybody, Bill Murray's script faxing demands barely register.

People sending you scripts and pretty much giving you work and you don't read them or even pick up the phone to respond.....that's being an asshole in my book. The MeToo movement is entirely on it's own level. lol

And I can't say I've seen all of Murray's films but from what I've seen, he's not exactly the greatest actor of all time. If he didn't have all that ego then maybe he could have been something great.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/19/2019, 6:00 pm

Bill Murray is something great, he’s Bill Fucking Murray.

It’s a lot more humble to deal with a voicemail box and fax machine than having an agent tracking down Oscar bait roles. He admits he’s missed out on roles he would’ve been interested in, but doesn’t regret his system.

All the bad shit you hear is old and/or isolated. These days if he was being an asshole, I think it’d get all over social media. Christian Bsle's asshole rant went viral when people were so far up his ass about Batman.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2019, 7:16 pm

Tyger wrote:Bill Murray is something great, he’s Bill Fucking Murray.

It’s a lot more humble to deal with a voicemail box and fax machine than having an agent tracking down Oscar bait roles. He admits he’s missed out on roles he would’ve been interested in, but doesn’t regret his system.

All the bad shit you hear is old and/or isolated. These days if he was being an asshole, I think it’d get all over social media. Christian Bsle's asshole rant went viral when people were so far up his ass about Batman.

Bill Fucking Murray is a gods damned legend but we learned long time ago in a little show called Freaks and Geeks, that people either love Bill or just don't get him. It might be easier for those of us who were exposed to his movies at a young age, I remember him being a constant presence on tv when I was young kid, I loved What About Bob and Stripes, I watched them constantly even though I really shouldn't have . Bill made a lasting impression and to this day if I need a real good laugh, I know I can always rely on one of his many classics.

His system of only skimming the title page and not correctly reading a director's name before signing on is how he signed on Garfield after he'd passed on Toy Story..... Razz

The only time I've heard Bill's name in the last decade outside of the award circuits for whatever weird Wes Anderson film he's making is when he's doing random funny shit like walking up to a person dining in a restaurant and taking a fry off their plate and saying "No one will believe you" before disappearing or just other random stuff like that. He's definitely mellowed with age but I understand his disdain for people, I hate everybody and I'm not even remotely important.

Bottom line, I don't see Bill doing this movie, he doesn't love doing sequels and we all know this is going to end up staring a bunch of millenials anyways.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/19/2019, 7:39 pm

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

I didn’t automatically hate the last one because it was all women, I just didn’t care about any of those women, in that role at least.

Holding out judgement until we get more information.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2019, 9:04 am

Tyger wrote:Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

I didn’t automatically hate the last one because it was all women, I just didn’t care about any of those women, in that role at least.

Holding out judgement until we get more information.

I only saw the all female version for one reason, Kate McKinnon being SNL's funniest cast member though it was still not worth watching a second time for me.

I bet Ackroyd and Hudson will return in old man mentor roles but is that really the Ghostbusters 3 you always wanted?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/20/2019, 1:10 pm

I haven’t always wanted Ghostbusters 3 at all
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/20/2019, 6:56 pm

Tyger wrote:I haven’t always wanted Ghostbusters 3 at all

Has anyone? Part II sucked.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2019, 6:57 pm

Rusty wrote:
Tyger wrote:I haven’t always wanted Ghostbusters 3 at all

Has anyone? Part II sucked.

Yes, it really did....

I tried just a few months ago double featuring the Busters films on Netflix and just couldn't do it.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/4/2019, 7:42 pm

This is weird, Netflix now has a movie called "The Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned from a Mythical Man" which is all about the random stuff Bill has been doing the last few years like showing up in random places which is literally what I was trying to tell Abe about just a few weeks ago. Has this movie been on Netflix and I somehow never noticed or is it a new arrival? Check this out....

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/4/2019, 7:47 pm

It’s been up for a month or two, I had actually watched it not long before we had that conversation
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2019, 6:00 am

Tyger wrote:It’s been up for a month or two, I had actually watched it not long before we had that conversation

Why didn't you tell me!?!?!? I never knew there was a movie about it. I wouldn't have spent so much time trying to explain his weirdness if there was a damned trailer!!! Mad Mad Mad Razz

Netflix actually has something worth watching, ain't that some shit???

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/17/2019, 9:43 am

Dan Aykroyd & Ernie Hudson have both confirmed their returns.

That means of the original cast Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, Dan Aykroyd, and Annie Potts are returning though there's still no confirmation on if Murray or Moranis will be returning.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/8/2019, 8:51 pm

Original Surving Ghostbusters Cast Will Return in Ghostbusters 2020
Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Ghostb10
Dan Aykroyd has finally confirmed what we all suspected for months. The original surviving Ghostbusters cast is returning for Ghostbusters 2020. Production on the long-awaited sequel wrapped last month and we've been waiting for an update after Bill Murray was spotted having drinks with his co-starts at a hotel bar near the set. Now, we know for sure that Murray will be joining the rest of his castmates, though we don't know how big his role will be in the sequel.

The news was revealed during a recent interview with Dan Aykroyd. The actor confirmed that Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts each completed their work on Ghostbusters 2020. Strangely, he left out Ernie Hudson, but he already confirmed his involvement earlier this year. Aykroyd had this to say about Jason Reitman's story.

"Jason Reitman wrote a beautiful, heartfelt script that takes the real DNA from the first two movies and transfers that directly to the third, the next generation. It hands the legacy off to a new generation of stars, and players, and actors, and characters."

It's nice to finally have official confirmation that Bill Murray has joined Ghostbusters 2020. Sigourney Weaver had said before she was reuniting with the team, but did not say who that would be specifically. Murray himself said he was open to returning after revealing how much the franchise means to him and how much it changed his life. But, he played coy when asked if that was actual confirmation or not. Jason Reitman has also kept his mouth shut about the situation and might not appreciate Dan Aykroyd revealing the reunion.

While the news is certainly great to hear for Ghostbusters fans, we're all still waiting to hear if Rick Moranis will be back as Louis Tully. Tully is the accountant who lived down the hall from Sigourney Weaver's Dana Barrett. He later became the Ghostbusters' accountant. Moranis has taken a pretty long break from acting on the big screen and famously turned down an offer to appear in the female-led Ghostbusters in 2016. "I hope it's terrific. But it just makes no sense to me. Why would I do just one day of shooting on something I did 30 years ago?" asked the actor.

Rick Moranis more than likely feels the same way about Ghostbusters 2020, but Jason Reitman and crew may have been able to persuade him. We really won't know until the movie hits theaters, or unless Dan Aykroyd lets us know ahead of time. The actor is open to starring in projects, just as long as they sound interesting to him, which the 2016 version of the franchise apparently did not. Whatever the case may be, Ghostbusters fans are hoping that he had a change of heart for the upcoming sequel. The interview with Dan Aykroyd was originally conducted by the Greg Hill Show.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/6/2019, 1:11 pm

Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Defaul15

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/9/2019, 9:35 am

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/9/2019, 11:23 am

Thought on the trailer? I'm not huge into Ghostbusters, I've only seen one of the movies once a long time ago and don't remember much of it, but trailer looks good.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/9/2019, 1:07 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Thought on the trailer? I'm not huge into Ghostbusters, I've only seen one of the movies once a long time ago and don't remember much of it, but trailer looks good.

It's like every single major movie of our youth somehow never made it to your Amish farm. No wonder you left one Rumspringa and ran off to Hollywood.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/9/2019, 2:17 pm

WyldeMan wrote:It's like every single major movie of our youth somehow never made it to your Amish farm. No wonder you left one Rumspringa and ran off to Hollywood.

If it makes you feel better, I never watched the all female reboot of Ghostbusters either. Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/9/2019, 3:23 pm

Great trailer.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/9/2019, 4:11 pm

Rusty wrote:Great trailer.

It was a much better first look than I'd been expecting after the utter dumpster fire that was Lady Ghosbusters. I really like how they seem to be tying the new generation to the original films too instead of just being a total reboot.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/9/2019, 6:44 pm

I mean...Paul Rudd.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/9/2019, 7:43 pm

Tyger wrote:I mean...Paul Rudd.

Is that good or bad for you?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/9/2019, 7:55 pm

It’s Paul Rudd, man. You can’t not like Paul Rudd. At this point I’d say he’s more likable than Tom Hanks.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/9/2019, 8:11 pm

Tyger wrote:It’s Paul Rudd, man. You can’t not like Paul Rudd. At this point I’d say he’s more likable than Tom Hanks.

I see what you're saying. But if Rudd ever starts making nothing but Biopics than I will turn on him just like I turned on Tom Hanks, that no good sumbitch.. Evil or Very Mad

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2020, 2:03 pm

Ghostbusters: Afterlife Won't Bring Back Rick Moranis as Louis Tully
Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Ghostb11
Rick Moranis reportedly will not reprise his Louis Tully role in Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Moranis also did not take part in the 2016 all-female reboot. The news comes after Bill Murray spoke out publicly about coming back to the franchise for the first time, noting that Jason Reitman's script is really good. Murray also noted that the script for the highly anticipated sequel has a lot of emotion and doesn't shy away from the fact that Harold Ramis is no longer with us. As Ghostbusters fans know, Murray has been cagey about a sequel for decades now, so his words should carry some weight.

In the original reports about Bill Murray and Ghostbusters: Afterlife set visits, it is mentioned that Rick Moranis did not return to join the rest of the surviving cast. Joining Murray are Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts. Moranis has largely been out of the spotlight for over 20 years, taking on a few big screen roles here and there, but mostly as a voice actor. The actor stopped working for a while to raise his children after his wife passed away. With that being said, there were many fans who were hoping he'd make a return this time.

As for joining up with the Ghostbusters gang again, it's something Rick Moranis has been asked about frequently over the years. In 2013, he revealed that he had been reached out to about reprising his role. "I haven't talked to Dan Aykroyd about it. Somebody he's associated with called me and I said, 'I wouldn't not do it, but it's got to be good,'" said Moranis at the time. While stating that he was interested to see where Louis Tully is at that time, he did also say that he wasn't interested in returning to something he's already done.

Rick Moranis was also not a fan of Ghostbusters 2, which is another reason he was hesitant to jump on board, even back in 2013. He really wanted what ended up being Ghostbusters: Afterlife to be on par with the original, in order to make up for the sequel. When approached again for the 2016 all-female reboot, Moranis again declined. At the time, the actor said the idea did not appeal to him and again noted that he didn't want to do something that he did 30 years ago, though he did wish them well.

While Rick Moranis doesn't seem interested in returning to the past, he has had no problem returning to Honey I Shrunk the Kids, the Brother Bear franchise, or SCTV. It seems he may have been soured on the Ghostbusters franchise at some point down the line, which he isn't talking about. Whatever the case may be, Ghostbusters: Afterlife will have to go on without Louis Tully, unless Rick Moranis comes back for some top secret reshoots before the movie hits theaters. This information was first reported by Vanity Fair.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/21/2020, 3:27 pm

Ghostbusters: Afterlife Gets New Summer 2021 Release Date
Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Ghostb12
Sony has pushed Ghostbusters: Afterlife back to June 11th, 2021. The long-awaited sequel will now open in theaters exactly 37 years after the original Ghostbusters. The studio had initially bumped the movie from July of this year to March 2021, but given how unpredictable the current public health crisis is, they have decided to push back nearly a year from the first release date. This is a common tactic for nearly all 2020 movies that were slated for release, except for Wonder Woman 1984, which Warner Bros. still has on schedule for Christmas.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife brings back surviving cast members Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts. Rick Moranis had no interest in returning with the gang. Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, and Paul Rudd are the newcomers to the franchise, who are expected to bring it to a new generation and carry the torch. Jason Reitman directed and co-wrote Ghostbusters: Afterlife with Gil Kenan.

Ghostbusters fans have been waiting decades for a proper follow up to Ghostbusters 2, so a few more months shouldn't be all that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Sony also pushed back Don't Breathe 2 for an August 13th, 2021 release date. Rodo Sayagues co-wrote the script alongside the original movie's director Fede Álvarez. Sayagues is making his directorial debut for the project, while Stephen Lang will return as The Blind Man. Variety was one of the first outlets to report on Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Don't Breathe 2 getting new release dates.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/23/2021, 3:14 pm

‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Release Date Delayed as Fall 2021 Becomes the Blockbuster Event of 2020
Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Ghostb10
No Time to Die isn’t the only Sony Pictures movie having its release date shifted to the fall of 2021. The studio also announced that Ghostbusters: Afterlife, the highly anticipated sequel that was originally due to hit theaters in July 2020 and was then delayed to June 2021, will now hit theaters on November 11, 2021. Which appears to be where a majority of this year’s blockbusters are moving.

Studios were hopeful that we would be approaching some kind of new normal this year in terms of vaccination rates and the coronavirus, but some aren’t as bullish on this summer as they once were. A few major films got pushed out of this summer and into the latter portion of this year, and I expect Ghostbusters: Afterlife won’t be the last.

The film hails from writer/director Jason Reitman and is a direct sequel to Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II. The story follows a family who moves to a small Oklahoma town, only to discover their own connection to the Ghostbusters legacy runs deep and is directly tied to their grandfather. Carrie Coon leads an ensemble that includes McKenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard, and Paul Rudd, with all the original Ghostbusters also poised to have cameos.

As of right now, Black Widow and F9 are still slated to be released in May, but I would not be surprised to see one or both of those major blockbusters shift as it’s become clear it will be well into the summer before a majority of the population is vaccinated and ready to safely return to the movies.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/7/2021, 11:42 am

Finally! A new clip and just 16 months after the first and only trailer.  Cool

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2021, 12:56 pm

The spirits of Ghostbusters Past are strong in Sony Pictures’ new trailer for director Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife, the upcoming sequel to the hit 1984 comedy. You can catch a glimpse of original stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis in a sort of video callback, Annie Potts reprises her role of Janine, and a very familiar-sounding mystery man haunts the trailer’s final seconds.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/24/2021, 9:17 am

Sony Surprises At CinemaCon With ‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Screening
Ghostbusters: Afterlife ($198 Million Worldwide Box office)  Ghostb13
Here’s something no one saw coming at CinemaCon, unless you could decipher the three-hour block Sony reserved for its presentation: The studio surprised those who braved the mid-pandemic Las Vegas confab tonight with a screening of Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

The pic hits theaters on Veterans Day, Nov. 11. In the follow-up to the classic 1984 Bill Murray-Harold Ramis-Dan Aykroyd-Ernie Hudson action comedy, a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town. They begin to discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.

Sony, which has sent a number of its movies to streamers during the pandemic, held onto this franchise jewel for a theatrical release.

Producer Ivan Reitman, who directed the original pic and its 1989 sequel, showed up with his son Jason Reitman, who directed and wrote this one.

It was said that talent wasn’t coming to CinemaCon, but here they were.

After Sony Pictures Entertainment Chariman and CEO Tony Vinciquerra introduced the duo, the elder Reitman recalled the first film he ever saw (Robin Hood) which inspired him at age 5-and-a-half to become a filmmaker. He spoke further about an early preview screening of the original Ghostbusters in 1984 that had no VFX — i.e. when they shot the proton packs, nothing came out; Slimer was just a light; and the Stay Puft marshmallow man was merely a styrofoam head. But, “the audience went crazy and it made me feel so good we were going to get away with it,” he said.

Jason Reitman was introduced by his dad and, in keeping with the message of Sony’s presentation, said, “I am honored to be here tonight on behalf of Sony because they are the only studio that is completely dedicated to theatrical distribution.”

He added, “For 40 years, the one question I was asked more than any other was are you going to make a Ghostbusters movie?” Ultimately, Reitman said he decided to do it because he “wanted to make a movie for my father and I wanted to make a movie for my daughter… Ghostbusters is a rare franchise, it doesn’t belong to the filmmakers, it doesn’t belong to me, it doesn’t belong to my father — technically it belongs to Sony — but it belongs to you.”

Introducing the Afterlife screening, Reitman asked the audience how many had seen the original Ghostbusters and promised, “You are about to go on the biggest Easter egg hunt of all time. From the opening musical piece to the end of the end credits, and all I ask is, please no spoilers… We’ve kept the ending secret so that people who come to your movie theaters (can discover it). I mean, if you like the movie, you can tell people that.”

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/8/2021, 11:37 am

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next