Movies You've Watched Recently

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/13/2018, 7:33 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Hurricane Heist on Netflix starring Maggie Grace and Ryan Kwanten.

I was gonna watch this for the actors but it looks very low budget with a silly plot. How was it?

How is Ryan Kwanten is not finding work after True Blood? And this seems below Toby's level.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/13/2018, 8:22 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:How is Ryan Kwanten is not finding work after True Blood? And this seems below Toby's level.

Because casting directors also saw his range in True Blood.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/27/2018, 2:08 pm

Currently watching Apostle. This was recommended to me by a friend who said it was "goood" with three o's.

It is directed by the same director of the critically acclaimed films The Raid: Redemption and The Raid 2.

So far, it has my attention.

Finished. Not sure I can recommend this one. The plot is okay but the soundtrack was just grating and annoying. Also the film was maybe 30 minutes too long. I'd rate this one a solid 5.7/10. Dang.... should I give this a recommendation? No. I would give this one a pass. Don't waste your time with this one when there are plenty other shows or movies you could be watching.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/27/2018, 6:07 pm

Dang..............ok. I'm gonna pass on it Joey.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 11/5/2018, 8:14 am

I saw A Star is Born. Thought Cooper did a good job, I really liked it. Funnily enough there’s a lot of closeup shots and handheld camerawork which gets old real fast to me but it worked.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/13/2018, 9:00 am

Throughout the last week on Hulu and their free premium offerings I've watched The Warriors, Pathfinder, The Faculty, Office Space, Hot Rod, Can't Hardly Wait, Assault on Precinct 13, Zombieland and Addams Family Values. I feel like a kid again taking a trip to the Video store.... Razz
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 11/18/2018, 2:05 pm

Currently watching Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Dolph Lundgren, Brandon Lee (what what), Tia Carrere (nudity nice), and Cary Togawa.

This movie is so good and just completely awful.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/18/2018, 2:08 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Dolph Lundgren, Brandon Lee (what what), Tia Carrere (nudity nice), and Cary Togawa.

This movie is so good and just completely awful.

LOL, no joke I'm currently watching Big Trouble in Little China. Razz

Brandon Lee will always be The Crow. RIP. Cool 

Cary is a stud. I have no idea how many movies and shows I've seen him in over the years but I watched the Perfect Weapon with him and Speakman not too long ago.

Tia is...SCHWING......

I feel the same way about BTLC, its a mess but I still enjoy it.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/28/2018, 8:27 am

I watched The Predator last night and enjoyed it quite a bit but I'm a lifelong fan of the franchise so my opinion was biased from the start.

The cast was a lot of fun and there was plenty of action, brutal deaths and of course dark humor.

There were some very cool sequences and Shane Black finally provided a few firm answers to some Predator tech questions I've always wondered about.

Though this movie was not without faults, primarily the editing in which I felt this movie could have ran another 20 minutes or so to flesh out some of the characters and scenes which left me confused and in need of answers. However, we already know that there was plenty footage left on the cutting room so I imagine my answers and confusion may be solved with some of those deleted scenes.

That aside, I found The Predator to be an enjoyable addition to the franchise and one in which I hope will continue the saga of Boyd Holbrook's Quinn McKenna character and his predator tech genius autistic son Rory. There are other characters I'd like to see return but that would just be spoiling things for those of you who have yet to see this movie.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 11/28/2018, 2:35 pm

Gonna watch it tonight. Not a big fan of Predator franchise, Munn is the only reason I want to check it out. Wink
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 11/28/2018, 4:12 pm

I have a feeling the next one will be called The Predators.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 11/28/2018, 5:20 pm

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
The Predator
The Predators V: Something Something Blood
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/28/2018, 5:47 pm

@joey con carne wrote:I have a feeling the next one will be called The Predators.

As long as it's the first Predator movie to finally bring a character back for a second time, than I don't really care about the title. I just want a connected franchise by more than a few line throwaways.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/28/2018, 5:53 pm

I re watched 30 Days of Night and it's still one of the greatest vampire movies ever. It's definitely at the top of my list and always seems to get better with each viewing.

Though I wish they'd develop this franchise into a streaming tv series because they left so much untapped potential on the table when they only released a low quality direct to video sequel instead of a proper one it deserved as well as those that followed since so much of the source material was never adapted.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 11/28/2018, 7:31 pm

Loved 30 Days of Night. It kinda scared me the first time I watched it. lol The vamps in this movie are no joke. I also watched the sequel but it was bad and they recast Josh. Evil or Very Mad
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/28/2018, 8:34 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Loved 30 Days of Night. It kinda scared me the first time I watched it. lol The vamps in this movie are no joke. I also watched the sequel but it was bad and they recast Josh. Evil or Very Mad

30 Days of Night is a near perfect vampire film. None of that romanticism, seduction or teen romance to plagues virtually all vampire films including everything Dracula related. It's just Ben Foster's The Stranger and Danny Huston's Marlow and his band of savage vamps who are straight killers with a brilliant strategy planned out to cover their crimes and Harnett and the humans really having no answer for them while hiding like rats as the vamps committ genocide on the town of Barrow. Nearly all vampire movies end with a teen girl running off with her 200 year old undead boyfriend or the one ancient vampire getting a stake through the heart by a teenager but 30 Days is just a massacre with no real redemption for the humans and all out victory for the vampers. It's just so good. Cool Twisted Evil

BTW, you're remembering the sequel wrong, Harnett's Eben character died at the end of the 30 Days but Stella his wife played by Melissa George in the first was played by Kiele Sanchez in Dark Days. Though I only watched it one time myself upon original release and should really give it a revisit and see if it is as bad as my memory tells me or if it has been redeemed in the 8 years since my first and only viewing.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 11/29/2018, 6:30 am

@WyldeMan wrote:As long as it's the first Predator movie to finally bring a character back for a second time, than I don't really care about the title. I just want a connected franchise by more than a few line throwaways.

I was just poking fun at the naming of the movies.

Predator (1987)
Predator 2 (1990)
Predators (2010)
The Predator (2018)

I notice a lot of films don't like to use numbers as of late except John Wick. I figured the next logical name would be The Predators instead of The Predator 2.

Soon they will have to start using either numbers or colons.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/29/2018, 9:58 am

@joey con carne wrote:I was just poking fun at the naming of the movies.

Predator (1987)
Predator 2 (1990)
Predators (2010)
The Predator (2018)

I notice a lot of films don't like to use numbers as of late except John Wick. I figured the next logical name would be The Predators instead of The Predator 2.

Soon they will have to start using either numbers or colons.

Maybe they took inspiration from John Rambo. Cool

First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
Rambo
Rambo V: The Last Blood
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 11/29/2018, 11:24 am

@Tyger wrote:Predator
Predator 2
Predators
The Predator
The Predators V: Something Something Blood
Covered it yesterday
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 11/29/2018, 11:46 am

@WyldeMan wrote:BTW, you're remembering the sequel wrong, Harnett's Eben character died at the end of the 30 Days but Stella his wife played by Melissa George in the first was played by Kiele Sanchez in Dark Days. Though I only watched it one time myself upon original release and should really give it a revisit and see if it is as bad as my memory tells me or if it has been redeemed in the 8 years since my first and only viewing.

Oh, that's right! It's been a long time and it was very forgettable. Not a worthy followup to the first one and they might as well not done a sequel.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/29/2018, 11:50 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Oh, that's right! It's been a long time and it was very forgettable. Not a worthy followup to the first one and they might as well not done a sequel.

I was a huge fan of Niles and Templesmiths source material and would still love a faithful adaptation which could run for several seasons and be unlike any other vampire series before it if done at Netflix or another high caliber streaming service as opposed to a nightmare scenario where it ends up on network tv.

However awesome 30 Days of Night was and as much as I loved the movie, they did make some significant changes from the source that I would prefer to see corrected.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 12/4/2018, 2:47 pm

Just re-watched Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick. The Riddick franchise is the only part of Vin's career I've ever enjoyed and yet it seems to be his only franchise that he isn't actively developing multiple sequels for even though it's been five years since PB3 and Riddick had a very unresolved open ending. Mad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum