Movies You've Watched Recently

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 15:32

James Garner is a god damn legend. I'd watch this film just for him. This is a fun movie so far. My favorite scene so far is when Mel Gibson was hanging over the edge of the cliff and was asking for help. LOL

Please, help me. Thank you. NOW GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 15:34

@joey con carne wrote:James Garner is a god damn legend. I'd watch this film just for him. This is a fun movie so far. My favorite scene so far is when Mel Gibson was hanging over the edge of the cliff and was asking for help. LOL

Please, help me. Thank you. NOW GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!

Maverick is a very funny movie. I've seen it many times over the years. Gibson, Garner and Foster have a lot of fun together.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 16:44

ooooh what a nice few twists in the end there. I didn't see that coming.... or maybe I should have but didn't pay enough attention. I give this one two thumbs up.


Oh, hell no! The Hunted is up next. But I'm so sleepy. FUCK I love The Hunted. Damn, what a great lineup of movies tonight.

If you guys haven't seen The Hunted, I definitely recommend this one. It's just a good, old-fashioned action/thriller without any CGI.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:07

@joey con carne wrote:ooooh what a nice few twists in the end there. I didn't see that coming.... or maybe I should have but didn't pay enough attention. I give this one two thumbs up.


Oh, hell no! The Hunted is up next. But I'm so sleepy. FUCK I love The Hunted. Damn, what a great lineup of movies tonight.

If you guys haven't seen The Hunted, I definitely recommend this one. It's just a good, old-fashioned action/thriller without any CGI.

The Tommy Lee / Del Toro film? Loved that. Been looking for years. It's not on my services, not on iTunes here, and not available on Blu anywhere.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:24

Yeyeyeyeye That's the one! I like how Tommy Lee Jones doesn't play a douchebag in this one. You know what I mean? He oftentimes plays the wiseass, sarcastic type. But I can't stay up anymore. Been up since 7am and it's now 1:25am. Ugh

Time to pass the F out.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 1:39

@joey con carne wrote:ooooh what a nice few twists in the end there. I didn't see that coming.... or maybe I should have but didn't pay enough attention. I give this one two thumbs up.


Oh, hell no! The Hunted is up next. But I'm so sleepy. FUCK I love The Hunted. Damn, what a great lineup of movies tonight.

If you guys haven't seen The Hunted, I definitely recommend this one. It's just a good, old-fashioned action/thriller without any CGI.

Aaron Hallam = modern day John Rambo.

The Hunted is a great movie. IMO, it was the first Del Toro role since The Fan or Unusual Suspects that showed how talented he really was and probably the first time I ever saw him in a leading role.

For my old skool PSOne gamers, they mostly filmed around Portland, Oregon but I remember there's a skate park scene they filmed around Burnside  which was the same park they used for the classic game, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater back in the late 90's.  Cool
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 12:52

Anyone remember the Sopranos episode where AJ was working at Blockbuster, and they're watching The Hunted, and he and his mate are trying to copy the knife fighting scenes, whilst a customer is waiting to be served?

LOL. Trying to find a clip if it but no luck so far.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 12:58

@Rusty wrote:Anyone remember the Sopranos episode where AJ was working at Blockbuster, and they're watching The Hunted, and he and his mate are trying to copy the knife fighting scenes, whilst a customer is waiting to be served?

LOL. Trying to find a clip if it but no luck so far.

I do remember it, AJ and his buddy were talking shit to each other about how you really stab people while a woman and her kid were trying to rent a movie, lol.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 13:01

@WyldeMan wrote:
@Rusty wrote:Anyone remember the Sopranos episode where AJ was working at Blockbuster, and they're watching The Hunted, and he and his mate are trying to copy the knife fighting scenes, whilst a customer is waiting to be served?

LOL. Trying to find a clip if it but no luck so far.

I do remember it, AJ and his buddy were talking shit to each other about how you really stab people while a woman and her kid were trying to rent a movie, lol.

lol yeah that's the one. "Johnny Cakes" is the episode. Season 6 episode 8. Can't find a clip of it though.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 15:33

Currently watching Money Train. This shit is good.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 16:07

@joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Money Train. This shit is good.

J Lo boobs.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 17:39

Currently watching Stake Land. I like this one. But I am havibg trouble staying awake again. Crap. Too early to sleep. What a waste of a Friday night.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 7:20

Only The Brave: Great cast, powerful performances. A nice tribute to the real heroes of The Granite Mountain. Recommended watch for sure.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6058
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 7:25

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Only The Brave: Great cast, powerful performances. A nice tribute to the real heroes of The Granite Mountain. Recommended watch for sure.

Looks like a pretty solid cast; Brolin, Bridges, Badge and Connelly. I've never seen a trailer for it so I don't feel like I've already seen it. I might give it a shot.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 11:18

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Only The Brave: Great cast, powerful performances. A nice tribute to the real heroes of The Granite Mountain. Recommended watch for sure.

Looks like a pretty solid cast; Brolin, Bridges, Badge and Connelly. I've never seen a trailer for it so I don't feel like I've already seen it. I might give it a shot.

Connelly still looks amazing. Wow! And she had a great role in this one.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6058
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 16:26

@joey con carne wrote:
Oh, hell no! The Hunted is up next. FUCK I love The Hunted.

If you guys haven't seen The Hunted, I definitely recommend this one. It's just a good, old-fashioned action/thriller without any CGI.

@WyldeMan wrote:
@Rusty wrote:Anyone remember the Sopranos episode where AJ was working at Blockbuster, and they're watching The Hunted, and he and his mate are trying to copy the knife fighting scenes, whilst a customer is waiting to be served?

LOL. Trying to find a clip if it but no luck so far.

I do remember it, AJ and his buddy were talking shit to each other about how you really stab people while a woman and her kid were trying to rent a movie, lol.

I couldn't let it pass. Searched for the full ep. Acquired it, and cut and uploaded the AJ "The Hunted" scene.

avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 1:17

@Rusty wrote:I couldn't let it pass. Searched for the full ep. Acquired it, and cut and uploaded the AJ "The Hunted" scene.


Yup, that was pretty much exactly how I remembered the scene. AJ was such a useless cunt, I hated him the entire span of the show.

LOL, you went to all that work for a Sopranos scene? I did that for a scene from the Jason Patric/Jennifer Jason Leigh film Rush cause I couldn't find it anywhere and six years later it now has 52k views, so clearly I was not the only one who loved this scene.  Cool

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 3:56

After I finished up my GOAT fest with Kurt Russell I have started on my GOAT runner up with Kevin Costner and one of the GOATS in the western genre "Open Range" after that "Dances With Wolves" and "Wyatt Earp". Then probably a dozen more Costner titles after those. I know I'm missed most of the last ten years of his career but prior to that was pretty much all gold.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 12:20



Wolf of Wall Street - 5/10

There's just something about this film that I can't get into. Not sure if it's Leo's yell-acting, or if it's just that almost every person in the film that it's based on is a piece of shit. I'm sure I liked it the first time I saw it, but the good doesn't out-way the bad.

I'm willing to give it a 5 because or Margot Robbie. The naked Margot Robbie.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 12:24

@WyldeMan wrote:After I finished up my GOAT fest with Kurt Russell I have started on my GOAT runner up with Kevin Costner and one of the GOATS in the western genre "Open Range" after that "Dances With Wolves" and "Wyatt Earp". Then probably a dozen more Costner titles after those. I know I'm missed most of the last ten years of his career but prior to that was pretty much all gold.

Could never bring myself to watch Wyatt Earp. It came too soon after Tombstone, and that was all the Wyatt Earp I needed.

Loved Open Range.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 15:11

@Rusty wrote:Could never bring myself to watch Wyatt Earp. It came too soon after Tombstone, and that was all the Wyatt Earp I needed.

Loved Open Range.

Wyatt Earp is a very different movie from Tombstone even though it's got the same characters. I love both movies for different reasons but both are solid in my book. Have you seen many Costner westerns that were bad?

Open Range has my all time favorite western gun fight.

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 8:51

Currently watching Fire Down Below. Old-school Steven Seagal when he was dope. Love this one.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 9:36

@joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Fire Down Below. Old-school Steven Seagal when he was dope. Love this one.

Ummm, more like Old school Seagal when he was all about sexual assaulting the women he worked with in them.

Come on man, you don't need Seagal in your life anymore, he's a tainted sack of shit.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 11:18

I didn't know that about him. That sucks.... I like his old movies.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 12:16

@joey con carne wrote:I didn't know that about him. That sucks.... I like his old movies.

Alright dude, enjoy your Predator fest.

I'm on to Silverado cause all westerns should have Costner. Cool
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 17:59

Just finished King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. I had no idea Guy Ritchie co-wrote and directed this. I'm used to seeing his older works like Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Revolver, and RocknRolla.

I just looked up Guy Ritchie's IMDb and he directed the Sherlock Holmes movies, too. I learned something today.

This is a pretty different take on the King Arthur story. The final fight was pretty cool. As a recommendation.... Only if you have nothing better to watch.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 1:42

@joey con carne wrote:Just finished King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. I had no idea Guy Ritchie co-wrote and directed this. I'm used to seeing his older works like Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Revolver, and RocknRolla.

I just looked up Guy Ritchie's IMDb and he directed the Sherlock Holmes movies, too. I learned something today.

This is a pretty different take on the King Arthur story. The final fight was pretty cool. As a recommendation.... Only if you have nothing better to watch.

Guy Ritchie = British Michael Bay.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Tyger on Mon 5 Feb 2018 - 13:52

I saw Winchester. I grew up in San Jose so I've heard quite a bit about the house.

Movie was pretty blah.

Worse than that, they showed a trailer for a horror movie called Truth or Dare. It's so bad.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1859
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Tue 6 Feb 2018 - 2:05

@Tyger wrote:I saw Winchester. I grew up in San Jose so I've heard quite a bit about the house.

Movie was pretty blah.

Worse than that, they showed a trailer for a horror movie called Truth or Dare. It's so bad.

I've been to the Winchester Mystery House, it was fuckin crazy. However the trailer looked silly and now you say it was too?

Truth or Dare looks like garbage and has a terrible group of "Talent" involved.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 18:41



February (US Title: The Blackcoat's Daughter) - 8/10

Pretty damn good supernatural/physiological suspense type horror film. Starring Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men), Emma Roberts. Directed by the same guy that did I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House.

Slow. Controlled. Reliant on atmosphere which is handled superbly by camera control and the score. No stupid Hollywood jump scares.

Great cast.

Watch it at night, in the dark.

avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel on Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 6:31

Damn Russ! That looks like a depressing dark movie.

Murder on the Orient Express: I liked it. You guys know how I like these types of movies. Did not expect the revelation of the murderer. Great cast and performance, cinematography and score. Kenneth Branagh did an amazing job, to direct and star in it must have been tough. I heard they're making a sequel after this so bring it on!
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6058
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 7:01

@UltimateMarvel wrote: Kenneth Branagh did an amazing job, to direct and star in it must have been tough. I heard they're making a sequel after this so bring it on!

Branagh has been directing and starring in his own movies for decades but he seems like he's been doing much more of it in the last few years.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 11:52



John Wick 2 - 5/10

I like the expansion on the world and giving it a bit more depth, but the only purpose of this film was to set up a 3rd.

Whilst I'm sure the body count was higher, the action was slower. I like how the idea of trying to do everything in 1 take, as apposed to 15 cuts for 4 seconds of screen time, but it needed to be faster. It reminded me of watching Arrow, and their bad fight choreography. Keanu's great, but he's a little too old to pull off the required quickness. It just didn't work.

Some of the dialogue was cheesy as hell, and the "need new gear" montage was straight out of a "Action Movie Tropes for Beginners" book.

Very actiony, but a step back from the original. Definitely a studio's sequel, and not a creator's.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 13:01

John Wick 2 is a documentary and it was filmed in real-time.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 13:21

@joey con carne wrote:John Wick 2 is a documentary and it was filmed in real-time.

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 0:55

Joey you must watch this on Hulu now!!! It's expiring very soon but do not miss out on all the Dudikoff Ninja action!

Joe T Armstrong aka The original Jason Bourne. Cool


avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 13:36

@WyldeMan wrote:Joey you must watch this on Hulu now!!! It's expiring very soon but do not miss out on all the Dudikoff Ninja action!

Joe T Armstrong aka The original Jason Bourne. Cool

Spoiler:


1 & 2 are sensational bounce If I was able to go back and calculate my most repeatedly rented VHS movies, American Ninja would be in my top 10.

I've got the 4 film blu-ray collection.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 14:08

@Rusty wrote:1 & 2 are sensational bounce If I was able to go back and calculate my most repeatedly rented VHS movies, American Ninja would be in my top 10.

I've got the 4 film blu-ray collection.

I'd only ever seen American Ninja when I was a kid but never saw any of the sequels.

Dudikoff offers definite proof that there's no bullet that cannot be leaped over. Razz
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 15:03

Oooh I love American Ninja. My favorite Dudikoff movie is Avenging Force. One of the best action movies, ever.

Will definitely check this out on Hulu.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel on Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 16:38

OMG! Do not ask me how but I actually watched American Ninja 2 a long, long time ago. I was into Ninjas back then and I watched it more than once. I borrowed the VHS from a friend.

Man, I was just watching the bar fight scene on YouTube and it's crazy how I STILL remember some of this stuff. Good shit!
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6058
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 1:56

@UltimateMarvel wrote:OMG! Do not ask me how but I actually watched American Ninja 2 a long, long time ago. I was into Ninjas back then and I watched it more than once. I borrowed the VHS from a friend.

Man, I was just watching the bar fight scene on YouTube and it's crazy how I STILL remember some of this stuff. Good shit!

It's finally happened, the one 80s movie in existence that Abe has seen and I haven't! American Ninja 2! Razz Razz Razz Razz
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 5:51

@WyldeMan wrote:It's finally happened, the one 80s movie in existence that Abe has seen and I haven't! American Ninja 2! Razz Razz Razz Razz

It was bound to happen at some point, right? lol

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: Great cast with solid performances. I didn't know what to expect from this movie but there was hype around it and how good it was. Didn't end quite the way I wanted it to but it was perfect in a way, such is life. Was surprised to see Kathryn Newton from Supernatural. If she wasn't on the show, I could see her becoming a recognizable actress because she's pretty good. I'm looking at her filmography she's been picking great projects.

Roman J. Israel, Esq.: Good movie. Not the best Denzel ever made but worth checking out.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6058
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 23:13



6 Days - 7/10

I've been waiting for this for a loooooong time. Always been a fan of counter-terrorism operations and the books/movies that followed - and the pinnacle for that world was the 1980 Iranian Embassy siege in England, which led to Operation Nimrod - and the British SAS storming the embassy and killing 5 of 6 hostage takers - all of which transpired live on TV. (just to be clear, I was only 2 at the time, and didn't actually see it until I was a preteen boy in my Rambo army faze, which I never really got out of Very Happy).

This movie has a great cast - Jamie Bell, Abbie Cornish, and Mark Strong - and is shot and delivered very well, but unfortunately it still falls a little short. The average punter could love it, but someone that like me that's familiar with the story will likely want more than is given.

I really wish this could have been done via a 6 episode Netflix limited-series.

Still. Definitely worth a watch.



avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 0:57

@Rusty wrote:
6 Days - 7/10

I've been waiting for this for a loooooong time. Always been a fan of counter-terrorism operations and the books/movies that followed - and the pinnacle for that world was the 1980 Iranian Embassy siege in England, which led to Operation Nimrod - and the British SAS storming the embassy and killing 5 of 6 hostage takers - all of which transpired live on TV. (just to be clear, I was only 2 at the time, and didn't actually see it until I was a preteen boy in my Rambo army faze, which I never really got out of Very Happy).

This movie has a great cast - Jamie Bell, Abbie Cornish, and Mark Strong - and is shot and delivered very well, but unfortunately it still falls a little short. The average punter could love it, but someone that like me that's familiar with the story will likely want more than is given.

I really wish this could have been done via a 6 episode Netflix limited-series.

Still. Definitely worth a watch.

I'm a Jamie Bell fan, he's been delivering great performances for years, so I will definitely check this out.

You think you never grew out of your Rambo faze? I live in the Pacific Northwest, have severe trust and mental issues and end up running around the woods with my knife a lot.  Razz Razz
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17979
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty on Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 11:37

@WyldeMan wrote:

I'm a Jamie Bell fan, he's been delivering great performances for years, so I will definitely check this out.

You think you never grew out of your Rambo faze? I live in the Pacific Northwest, have severe trust and mental issues and end up running around the woods with my knife a lot.  Razz Razz

I'm also a Bell fan. Unfortunately he doesn't get enough shine in this. If you watch it you'll understand why it needed a 6 episode series. There's just too much to condense into 1 film - and every character suffers for it.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2014-12-10
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum