Movies You've Watched Recently

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan on 9/29/2017, 5:15 am

@Rusty wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:Baby Driver: Highly entertaining much better than I expected and the opening chase scene is in a Subaru and it was all music and fast driving action from there, yet somehow with very little dialogue there's still plenty of character development. Baby Driver was easily one of the most enjoyable films I've seen all year and on top of that Eiza Gonzalez wears the hell out of her jeans every time she's onscreen.... Cool

Good to know. This has been high on my movies to look out for. Love car/driver movies.

It was much more humorous and a lot darker than I'd expected, the level of violence surprised me. When the movie first began I was laughing so hard at Baby just spazing the fuck out to his music that I wasn't sure what to expect but once they got going, they never let up.

There are fantastic driving sequences throughout the movie and as a fellow fan of the classics I think you're gonna enjoy this one Rust.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/30/2017, 9:24 pm

Cult of Chucky: I was raised on this franchise but it was never this violent before, though it was also darkly funny and they brought back several faces from throughout the films and that made it more enjoyable. Seems like this wasn't nowhere near the end and we can expect another in a few more years.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/1/2017, 1:26 pm

The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff, the balls on this guy. lol Robert De Niro did a great job playing him and he looked just like him too. It was interesting to see how this ponzi scheme really affected the lives of his family. 150 years in prison for a financial crime? Killers and murderers don't even get that much. It's crazy as hell! $65 Billion is no joke though. Anyway, good movie with solid actors and it wasn't bad. Good to see Michelle Pfeiffer again. This is the second movie I've seen Michelle Pfeiffer and De Niro in, The Family being the first.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/1/2017, 5:07 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff, the balls on this guy. lol Robert De Niro did a great job playing him and he looked just like him too. It was interesting to see how this ponzi scheme really affected the lives of his family. 150 years in prison for a financial crime? Killers and murderers don't even get that much. It's crazy as hell! $65 Billion is no joke though. Anyway, good movie with solid actors and it wasn't bad. Good to see Michelle Pfeiffer again. This is the second movie I've seen Michelle Pfeiffer and De Niro in, The Family being the first.

That's because Madoff broke the cardinal rule which is never steal from the 1%, it's only a crime when the rich are affected, he took money from his friends and they made sure he paid for it and that's the only reason he got the sentence he did.

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world" - Abe Lincoln
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 10/15/2017, 5:17 pm

Had the misfortune of renting Transformers: The Last Knight on iTunes.

What a steaming pile of shit.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/15/2017, 6:11 pm

@Rusty wrote:Had the misfortune of renting Transformers: The Last Knight on iTunes.

I don't know if I ever finished Transformers 2 but I know I never started any after that. So much story is lost when it's all Baysplosions.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 10/15/2017, 6:31 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@Rusty wrote:Had the misfortune of renting Transformers: The Last Knight on iTunes.

I don't know if I ever finished Transformers 2 but I know I never started any after that. So much story is lost when it's all Baysplosions.

I enjoyed the first 3, and the 4th was watchable. Once. They're by no means good, but they weren't insufferable.

This latest one is insufferable. 3 fucking hours long. Near 2 hours of it would be Baysplosions. Suspect
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/15/2017, 7:21 pm

@Rusty wrote:This latest one is insufferable. 3 fucking hours long. Near 2 hours of it would be Baysplosions. Suspect

We were just discussing running times of movies yesterday and how I hate 80 minute movies and that I want 2 or 3 times that length for character development and yet when Bay who should make 80 minute movies since he has no character development gets the chance, he goes three hours but two are pure Baysplosions?!? Evil or Very Mad
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/19/2017, 7:10 pm

Currently watching Eraser. I love this movie. Vanessa Williams 1996 woo wooooooooo
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/19/2017, 8:10 pm

Addams Family and Addams Family Values on Hulu. Both held up very well from my childhood and I found them to be still be hilariously dark and twisted. I used to watch them over and over as a kid.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/20/2017, 8:17 am

I have never watched Addams Family before. Your description intrigues me...
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/20/2017, 8:37 am

@joey con carne wrote:I have never watched Addams Family before. Your description intrigues me...

No way?!?!!? I wore out my VHS copies as a kid and found that I still knew both movies nearly verbatim even after 20 years. Christina Ricci's Wednesday Addams was my first crush, she was totally and certifiably insane.There was nothing so dark and twisted available to me at that age but for some reason my parents had absolutely no problems with me watching these on endless repeat when I was was 6 and 8 years old. Twisted Evil

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 10/20/2017, 9:46 am

For the longest time I would tell people I've had a crush on Christina Ricci since Wednesday Addams and people would have terrible reactions. Not due to the character, but her age and I always had to explain the obvious that I saw the movie(s) when they were new and she's older than me.

I just watched Gerald's Game on Netflix...wasn't into it.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/20/2017, 11:06 am

@Tyger wrote:For the longest time I would tell people I've had a crush on Christina Ricci since Wednesday Addams and people would have terrible reactions. Not due to the character, but her age and I always had to explain the obvious that I saw the movie(s) when they were new and she's older than me.

When you're 8 she's an older woman and it's cute but when you grow up, it's a very hard thing to explain for people who automatically assume you're just that fucked up. I watch those movies now, I just laugh and see hilariously demented children but when you're a kid, it's a very different experience.

Christina Ricci pretty much exclusively held my attention for several years when I was a kid after The Addams Family cause from the early to mid-90s she was in all of the biggest teen movies at the time. Then her career got very adult by the late 90s but looking back now, Addams was definitely a prelude to her darker adult works.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/20/2017, 11:56 am

I like that clip. It got fucked up real fast. LOL
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/20/2017, 1:07 pm

@joey con carne wrote:I like that clip. It got fucked up real fast. LOL

That was Wednesday's reaction to her punishment at the Summer Camp where the counselors made her watch Annie. It was too much trauma for her and she had to burn the camp to the ground, lol.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 10/20/2017, 5:55 pm

Add me to the long list of Cristina crushees. One of my earliest acts of truancy was with a bunch of mates to go see Values at the local cinema. Pretty sure we all went just to see her.

I haven't watched either Addam's films in years. Must check them out again (of course neither are on Netflix here)
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/20/2017, 6:44 pm

@Rusty wrote:Add me to the long list of Cristina crushees. One of my earliest acts of truancy was with a bunch of mates to go see Values at the local cinema. Pretty sure we all went just to see her.

I haven't watched either Addam's films in years. Must check them out again (of course neither are on Netflix here)

Well it would appear Christina Ricci brought most of us into manhood in the early 90's, who would have thought? I remember making many trips to the movie theater two towns over by bus back in '95 cause she released Casper, Now and Then and The Secret of Bear Mountain all that year. Thinking back now, I guess she's probably responsible for my interest in cinema cause she brought a new level of dedication for me at a young age when I made a point to see everything she made.

BTW, as I mentioned both Addams films hold up very well after all these years cause I watched em back to back and barely stopped laughing the entire time, it was a damned good time.

I don't think Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime even have her other films streaming besides Sleepy Hollow and Black Snake Moan. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum