BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 14 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2017, 5:15 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Baby Driver: Highly entertaining much better than I expected and the opening chase scene is in a Subaru and it was all music and fast driving action from there, yet somehow with very little dialogue there's still plenty of character development. Baby Driver was easily one of the most enjoyable films I've seen all year and on top of that Eiza Gonzalez wears the hell out of her jeans every time she's onscreen.... Cool

Good to know. This has been high on my movies to look out for. Love car/driver movies.

It was much more humorous and a lot darker than I'd expected, the level of violence surprised me. When the movie first began I was laughing so hard at Baby just spazing the fuck out to his music that I wasn't sure what to expect but once they got going, they never let up.

There are fantastic driving sequences throughout the movie and as a fellow fan of the classics I think you're gonna enjoy this one Rust.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 14 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 9/30/2017, 9:24 pm

Cult of Chucky: I was raised on this franchise but it was never this violent before, though it was also darkly funny and they brought back several faces from throughout the films and that made it more enjoyable. Seems like this wasn't nowhere near the end and we can expect another in a few more years.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/1/2017, 1:26 pm

The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff, the balls on this guy. lol Robert De Niro did a great job playing him and he looked just like him too. It was interesting to see how this ponzi scheme really affected the lives of his family. 150 years in prison for a financial crime? Killers and murderers don't even get that much. It's crazy as hell! $65 Billion is no joke though. Anyway, good movie with solid actors and it wasn't bad. Good to see Michelle Pfeiffer again. This is the second movie I've seen Michelle Pfeiffer and De Niro in, The Family being the first.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/1/2017, 5:07 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff, the balls on this guy. lol Robert De Niro did a great job playing him and he looked just like him too. It was interesting to see how this ponzi scheme really affected the lives of his family. 150 years in prison for a financial crime? Killers and murderers don't even get that much. It's crazy as hell! $65 Billion is no joke though. Anyway, good movie with solid actors and it wasn't bad. Good to see Michelle Pfeiffer again. This is the second movie I've seen Michelle Pfeiffer and De Niro in, The Family being the first.

That's because Madoff broke the cardinal rule which is never steal from the 1%, it's only a crime when the rich are affected, he took money from his friends and they made sure he paid for it and that's the only reason he got the sentence he did.

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world" - Abe Lincoln
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/15/2017, 5:17 pm

Had the misfortune of renting Transformers: The Last Knight on iTunes.

What a steaming pile of shit.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/15/2017, 6:11 pm

Rusty wrote:Had the misfortune of renting Transformers: The Last Knight on iTunes.

I don't know if I ever finished Transformers 2 but I know I never started any after that. So much story is lost when it's all Baysplosions.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/15/2017, 6:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Had the misfortune of renting Transformers: The Last Knight on iTunes.

I don't know if I ever finished Transformers 2 but I know I never started any after that. So much story is lost when it's all Baysplosions.

I enjoyed the first 3, and the 4th was watchable. Once. They're by no means good, but they weren't insufferable.

This latest one is insufferable. 3 fucking hours long. Near 2 hours of it would be Baysplosions. Suspect
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/15/2017, 7:21 pm

Rusty wrote:This latest one is insufferable. 3 fucking hours long. Near 2 hours of it would be Baysplosions. Suspect

We were just discussing running times of movies yesterday and how I hate 80 minute movies and that I want 2 or 3 times that length for character development and yet when Bay who should make 80 minute movies since he has no character development gets the chance, he goes three hours but two are pure Baysplosions?!? Evil or Very Mad
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/19/2017, 7:10 pm

Currently watching Eraser. I love this movie. Vanessa Williams 1996 woo wooooooooo
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/19/2017, 8:10 pm

Addams Family and Addams Family Values on Hulu. Both held up very well from my childhood and I found them to be still be hilariously dark and twisted. I used to watch them over and over as a kid.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/20/2017, 8:17 am

I have never watched Addams Family before. Your description intrigues me...
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/20/2017, 8:37 am

joey con carne wrote:I have never watched Addams Family before. Your description intrigues me...

No way?!?!!? I wore out my VHS copies as a kid and found that I still knew both movies nearly verbatim even after 20 years. Christina Ricci's Wednesday Addams was my first crush, she was totally and certifiably insane.There was nothing so dark and twisted available to me at that age but for some reason my parents had absolutely no problems with me watching these on endless repeat when I was was 6 and 8 years old. Twisted Evil

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/20/2017, 9:46 am

For the longest time I would tell people I've had a crush on Christina Ricci since Wednesday Addams and people would have terrible reactions. Not due to the character, but her age and I always had to explain the obvious that I saw the movie(s) when they were new and she's older than me.

I just watched Gerald's Game on Netflix...wasn't into it.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/20/2017, 11:06 am

Tyger wrote:For the longest time I would tell people I've had a crush on Christina Ricci since Wednesday Addams and people would have terrible reactions. Not due to the character, but her age and I always had to explain the obvious that I saw the movie(s) when they were new and she's older than me.

When you're 8 she's an older woman and it's cute but when you grow up, it's a very hard thing to explain for people who automatically assume you're just that fucked up. I watch those movies now, I just laugh and see hilariously demented children but when you're a kid, it's a very different experience.

Christina Ricci pretty much exclusively held my attention for several years when I was a kid after The Addams Family cause from the early to mid-90s she was in all of the biggest teen movies at the time. Then her career got very adult by the late 90s but looking back now, Addams was definitely a prelude to her darker adult works.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/20/2017, 11:56 am

I like that clip. It got fucked up real fast. LOL
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/20/2017, 1:07 pm

joey con carne wrote:I like that clip. It got fucked up real fast. LOL

That was Wednesday's reaction to her punishment at the Summer Camp where the counselors made her watch Annie. It was too much trauma for her and she had to burn the camp to the ground, lol.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/20/2017, 5:55 pm

Add me to the long list of Cristina crushees. One of my earliest acts of truancy was with a bunch of mates to go see Values at the local cinema. Pretty sure we all went just to see her.

I haven't watched either Addam's films in years. Must check them out again (of course neither are on Netflix here)
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/20/2017, 6:44 pm

Rusty wrote:Add me to the long list of Cristina crushees. One of my earliest acts of truancy was with a bunch of mates to go see Values at the local cinema. Pretty sure we all went just to see her.

I haven't watched either Addam's films in years. Must check them out again (of course neither are on Netflix here)

Well it would appear Christina Ricci brought most of us into manhood in the early 90's, who would have thought? I remember making many trips to the movie theater two towns over by bus back in '95 cause she released Casper, Now and Then and The Secret of Bear Mountain all that year. Thinking back now, I guess she's probably responsible for my interest in cinema cause she brought a new level of dedication for me at a young age when I made a point to see everything she made.

BTW, as I mentioned both Addams films hold up very well after all these years cause I watched em back to back and barely stopped laughing the entire time, it was a damned good time.

I don't think Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime even have her other films streaming besides Sleepy Hollow and Black Snake Moan. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/29/2017, 10:06 am

Jim & Andy is a very interesting documentary, I learned a lot about Carrey and his process. I had no idea how much that role changed him.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/15/2017, 2:45 pm

One of my favorite Christian Slater films, "Heathers" courtesy of Hulu. Now where the hell is Pump Up the Volume?!?!?!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/15/2017, 11:40 pm

I bought that on Blu-ray not long after it was released and was at Best Buy with my friend about a week later and he said
"Heathers"
"Oh, I just bought that"
"What is it?"
"It's a black comedy"
:he looks at cover with Winona Ryder and Christian Slater:
"...not that kind of black comedy"

I forgot, I was going to reply cause I watched that Jim Carey documentary too. It made me like and dislike him in equal measure.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/16/2017, 7:09 am

Tyger wrote:I bought that on Blu-ray not long after it was released and was at Best Buy with my friend about a week later and he said
"Heathers"
"Oh, I just bought that"
"What is it?"
"It's a black comedy"
:he looks at cover with Winona Ryder and Christian Slater:
"...not that kind of black comedy"

I forgot, I was going to reply cause I watched that Jim Carey documentary too. It made me like and dislike him in equal measure.

LOL, Heathers really holds up over time. Christian Slater made so many good movies in his early days and then nothing for decades but thanks to Mr Robot his career isn't over.

I never thought I'd feel sympathy for Jerry Lawler.....but Jim's behavior was absurd in that regard.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/22/2017, 6:37 pm

Christmas Vacation. But Beverly D'Angelo was amazing through the whole franchise. Cool Cool Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/22/2017, 11:00 pm

So after seeing Samara Weaving in The Babysitter, I checked out Mayhem where she stars alongside Steven Yeun. That is one weird movie.

I guess I can recommend it. It's nice to see Steven Yeun outside of The Walking Dead.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2017, 6:15 am

joey con carne wrote:So after seeing Samara Weaving in The Babysitter, I checked out Mayhem where she stars alongside Steven Yeun. That is one weird movie.

I guess I can recommend it. It's nice to see Steven Yeun outside of The Walking Dead.

I saw Mayhem a few weeks back, definitely a weird one. I know what you mean about the confusion on recommending since it wasn't bad or good it was just a blood sport with a solid cast. Samara was also in season one of Ash vs Evil Dead. I think that she likes being soaked in blood and gore. She definitely is Hugo Weaving's niece, lol.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2017, 8:38 am

Currently watching Home Alone. I feel like this movie explains a lot of the issues that developed during my youth and why I was such a creative bully at a young age. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2017, 12:50 pm

Gremlins. One of the best Christmas movies ever. Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/24/2017, 4:57 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Gremlins. One of the best Christmas movies ever. Cool

I tried watching that a few weeks back. Hadn't watched it in over a decade, but I couldn't get passed the first 20 minutes, which is odd because I remember I use to really like it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/24/2017, 5:51 pm

I watched Gremlins on Thanksgiving, hadn't watched it in I don't know how long. Holds up.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/25/2017, 8:02 am

Tyger wrote:I watched Gremlins on Thanksgiving, hadn't watched it in I don't know how long. Holds up.

I'm in the same boat as Tiger on Gremlins but it hadn't been that long for me, I seem to watch it around Christmas every year. It's basically my "It's a Wonderful Life" so I always enjoy it however I can fully acknowledge how damn cheesy and ridiculous it is, I'm not delusional just severely anti-social. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/25/2017, 4:41 pm

Watched Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron and she kicks ass in this movie and gets her ass kicked really good as well. James McAvoy played a bigger part than I thought he would, didn't seem that way from the trailer. A nice spy action movie, recommended.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/30/2017, 7:29 pm

Just watched The Foreigner. I like this one a lot. Highly recommended. Jackie Chan is still fucking great.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2017, 7:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just watched The Foreigner. I like this one a lot. Highly recommended. Jackie Chan is still fucking great.

I'm pretty sure I've seen maybe three Jackie Chan movies in my life and the last was the Karate Kid remake. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/30/2017, 8:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Just watched The Foreigner. I like this one a lot. Highly recommended. Jackie Chan is still fucking great.

I'm pretty sure I've seen maybe three Jackie Chan movies in my life and the last was the Karate Kid remake. Razz

I grew up on Jackie Chan movies. I think I've seen almost everything he did in the 80's and 90's. At least films he starred in and not just cameos - which is still easily 50 films. He was fucking amazing.

Most of his Hollywood movies suck. He himself hates most of them.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2017, 11:09 pm

Rusty wrote:I grew up on Jackie Chan movies. I think I've seen almost everything he did in the 80's and 90's. At least films he starred in and not just cameos - which is still easily 50 films. He was fucking amazing.

Most of his Hollywood movies suck. He himself hates most of them.

Pretty sure Rumble in the Bronx and Rush Hour are the only other movies of his I've seen. 

I remember in the early 90s watching kids karate movies like TMNT, 3 Ninjas and Sidekicks but never any Chan movies. I don't recall him every being on in my house, my dad has probably only seen Rush Hour as well.

I do however remember watching a lot of Cynthia Rothrock..... She's directly responsible for why I love aggressive women.... Razz

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/30/2017, 11:56 pm

Where are Undefeatable and Honor & Glory in that video? BOOOOOOOOOO

I recall reading Jackie Chan once said he has no idea why Rush Hour is so funny but they threw a shitload of money at him so he agreed to do them.

The Foreigner is good. None of that silly shit he used to do in his older films and no stupid jokes. In fact, I don't think there was even a single funny moment. He did a good job portraying a guy who has nothing left.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2017, 8:05 am

joey con carne wrote:Where are Undefeatable and Honor & Glory in that video? BOOOOOOOOOO

I recall reading Jackie Chan once said he has no idea why Rush Hour is so funny but they threw a shitload of money at him so he agreed to do them.

I saw Rush Hour once, maybe I watched all of it. I really have no memory other than not laughing and that around the time my hatred for Ratner started because of how much I didn't enjoy that movie.

Damn Joey, you're a Rothrock fan who knows all the deep cuts? I should have expected this from a man who is fluent. Cool

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/31/2017, 11:36 am

I love the top comment on that video. "What does sushi mean? It means Japanese food."

I love oldie martial arts flicks. That last fight in Undefeatable was the best.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 14 BCKJM8h

I also saw Samurai Cop 2. That shit was awful. But when I say awful, I don't mean it was good awful. It was just shit. They tried way too hard to make it cheesy like the first Samurai Cop. The first Samurai Cop was made with the intention of being really good but turned out bad. Samurai Cop 2 was intentionally made to be stupid. It did not work.

I also genuinely like Samurai Cop to the point I paid for a .... *gulp* .... DVD version of it for like ten bucks and I watch it once or twice a year.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2017, 1:50 pm

joey con carne wrote:I love the top comment on that video. "What does sushi mean? It means Japanese food."

I love oldie martial arts flicks. That last fight in Undefeatable was the best.

I also genuinely like Samurai Cop to the point I paid for a .... *gulp* .... DVD version of it for like ten bucks and I watch it once or twice a year.

The comment I saw was "What does Toyota mean? -It means Japanese car." but apparently he can apply it to anything cause he's just that fluent. Razz

I watched a lot of Sonny Chiba as a teen but as a kid every ninja I saw on tv or movies was a white man, lol.

I'd never seen or even heard of Samurai Cop until you first posted that amazing gif on our forum several years ago.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/31/2017, 4:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I do however remember watching a lot of Cynthia Rothrock..... She's directly responsible for why I love aggressive women.... Razz

First thing I saw Rothrock in was Millionaires Express. I think she has one fight scene.

It was a Sammo Hung movie, also starring Yuen Biao - who both trained alongside Jackie Chan. They frequently popped up in each others movies back in the 80's.

joey con carne wrote:

I also saw Samurai Cop 2. That shit was awful. But when I say awful, I don't mean it was good awful. It was just shit. They tried way too hard to make it cheesy like the first Samurai Cop. The first Samurai Cop was made with the intention of being really good but turned out bad. Samurai Cop 2 was intentionally made to be stupid. It did not work.

I have it on Blu-Ray. Had it in my Amazon wish-list forever, because it was always $30+. Think I eventually grabbed it on sale for about $15. Worth every penny.

WyldeMan wrote:
I'd never seen or even heard of Samurai Cop until you first posted that amazing gif on our forum several years ago.

Have you seen it yet? I highly recommend it. It's ridiculous. Half the movie was reshot, after the main character cut his hair. He wears a ridiculous wig for some of it.

Like Joey said, the fact they took it seriously and thought they were making a good film is what makes it so good, even though it's not.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2017, 4:48 pm

Rusty wrote:First thing I saw Rothrock in was Millionaires Express. I think she has one fight scene.

She's a memorable woman though. I don't know if I could name another woman I ever saw fight before Rothrock.

Rusty wrote:Have you seen it yet? I highly recommend it. It's ridiculous. Half the movie was reshot, after the main character cut his hair. He wears a ridiculous wig for some of it.

Like Joey said, the fact they took it seriously and thought they were making a good film is what makes it so good, even though it's not.

I have not yet seen it all, just lots of clips and gifs.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/31/2017, 6:01 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I have not yet seen it all, just lots of clips and gifs.

Nothing like the whole thing. Sure it's on a torrent somewhere. Well worth it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/7/2018, 5:01 pm

Detroit: Saw it the other day and tough movie to watch, made me sick to my stomach. With everything going on right now, I can see why they released this movie. I watched the trailer and I didn't really want to watch this movie but I did because of some of the actors.

Jon was great in it and Star Wars made him big but you can really see him shine in smaller movies. Will Poulter played a really hateful character and he did a fine job portraying that, I hated him and the other officers in this movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/9/2018, 9:52 pm

Currently watching Sniper: Legacy. Regular, quarter-decent movie but the main character sucks. Complete idiot.

Now I'm watching Cobra. What a cheesy movie. I like when Brigitte Nielsen is screaming for her life in the hospital and not a single person is around or hears her screams. As soon as she presses the fire alarm, a hundred people flood the hallways within seconds.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/9/2018, 10:22 pm

joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Sniper: Legacy. Regular, quarter-decent movie but the main character sucks. Complete idiot.

Love the Sniper series. Pure straight-to-video gold. Cool

Yesterday I watched:

Son of a Gun
- Ewan McGregor, Brenton Thwaites, Alicia Vikander
- Watched on Netflix.

Aussie movie. Ewan plays a con doing 20 years, and with the help of a kid who's only doing 6 months, escapes to do a robbery so he can get the money to get out of the country. Ewan's great as a convict, and he plays the role of a crim well. Nice change from what I'm use to seeing him in.

Typical crime/robbery tale, but it's nice to have a good one with an Aussie slant to it. Excellent cast. Vikander haters note she doesn't take up a lot of screen time. Few familiar faces you also might recognise: Matt Nable (Arrow's Ra's al Ghul), and Damon Herriman (Justified's Dewey Crow) has a great little role.

Recommended viewing.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next