Movies You've Watched Recently

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne on 6/18/2017, 9:21 am

Watched Headshot and Falcon Rising:

Headshot was okay. I liked it better than The Raid and The Raid 2. It has the same actor. Some of the fights were still way over-the-top but at least there was actual dialogue in this which made the film bearable.

Falcon Rising was pretty cheesy. Not recommended.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/27/2017, 5:00 pm

Watched Get Out. I was disappointed. I really wanted to see it in theaters but never did, glad I didn't pay that kind of money but it might've added to the mood. For it's great rating and hype I was pretty meh the whole time.

Followed that up with Office Christmas Party which I had low expectations for and it was aight. Too many comedic actors so there's definitely a lot of moving from one bit to another but there is a story tying everything together. Didn't hate it, didn't love it. I've definitely seen better and worse from everyone involved.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 7/3/2017, 2:46 pm

I thought Get Out was pretty good. The trailer was confusing so I didn't know what to expect. It was very well done I thought, the mind control thing surprised me as well as the girlfriend Rose. I hated Office Christmas Party though, that was a lame shitty movie I wish I didn't watch. lol

I've been watching a lot of movies lately. Movies I've seen the past 2 or 3 weeks......

The Founder - It's good to see Keaton back. This was interesting, saw how McDonald's came to be. If you want something, I guess you gotta steal it? lol You don't really understand how McDonald's or fast food in general was revolutionary until you see the movie. I wasn't around back then but I was surprised to see how it was before. You order and they bring the food to your car after waiting 30 mins? And sometimes they get your order wrong of course. lol That's insane! You can get your food faster at restaurants nowadays.

A Cure for Wellness - A lot of similarity with Shutter Island but with a twist. I enjoyed it and probably the best I've seen Dane DeHaan in a while as well as Jason Isaacs.

Silence - Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver went all out. Really great performances from those 2 in this movie but it can be hard to watch and disturbing at times.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe - Creepy and weird movie! If you like horror movies, you'll like this one. Made me jump a few times and this was at low volume levels in the scary parts. lol Really evil movie, it'll surprise you.

Live By Night - I think this movie bombed but I enjoyed it, I don't know why it did terribly. I liked the actors and the story. Ben did a good job.

xXx: Return of Xander Cage - Terrible movie but it's got some beautiful ladies, watch this only for the ladies. it's got some insane action just like the Fast franchise. lol Donnie Yen was also pretty cool in it too. I've never seen Deepika Padukone before but I hope we see her more like Priyanka Chopra. Damn, India has some gorgeous ladies.

Why Him? - Cranston is the only good thing about this movie and he was also funniest with his reactions at every stupid thing Franco's character did.

The Edge of Seventeen - Funny movie and the funniest I've seen Hailee Steinfeld in, she was great in this and Woody Harrelson is cool as usual. This isn't one of those predictable teenage high school movies, being rated R also helped the movie.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 7/11/2017, 3:57 pm

Watched Brimstone and this is one disturbing film. I don't think I've hated an actor this much in a role, I wanted to kill Guy Pearce. lol I don't know how he could stomach it even if it's just a performance. Very hard to watch for sure. Haven't seen Dakota Fanning in a while but she's a great actress, especially in this because her character can't speak.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 7/11/2017, 7:12 pm

Hey, looks like UM is doing well knocking some of the movies off of his "list". You guys should take note of this and lay off the guy!

I never heard of Brimstone. Looking it up now.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 7/11/2017, 8:22 pm

All those movies are from like the last year and a half. The infamous list seems to be anything before the turn of the millennium.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 7/16/2017, 12:32 am

Watched:

Never has a more beautifully ridiculous film been made. Loved every second of it. This film defines the term "so bad, it's good".

Watched:

I really wanted to watch this after a few beers on Friday night. Unfortunately I watched it today, sober. No budget, with bad acting, bad writing, and a bad attempt at a deliberate effort of making a bad slasher movie - which oddly enough made me like it. It's not good, not even close, but I'll definitely watch it again. Short 80 minute run-time works in its favour.

Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum