BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne 5/20/2016, 10:26 pm

Just watched He Never Died. Had some pretty funny parts and some brutal violence. I give it a 6.5/10. Not a great movie but if you have nothing to do and have it, I think it was decently entertaining.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by ForeverBlu 5/21/2016, 4:51 pm

Spectre

5/10

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/24/2016, 8:57 am

Watching Dirty Grandpa now. This is what Efron does sober? Does DeNiro have the worst financial planning ever?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/24/2016, 9:35 am

Tyger wrote:Watching Dirty Grandpa now. This is what Efron does sober? Does DeNiro have the worst financial planning ever?

Did you laugh at all? I watched it about a month ago and it just felt like random raunchy moments from the kind of movie you'd expect from the early 2000's. I didn't feel like it was worth recommending, what was your take?

I kept wishing Efron would go back to the Yay. DeNiro is incapable of saying no to scripts and he'll be doing Sandler movies soon.

Neighbors 2 just flopped hard too. Efron should move away from comedy for awhile and do some time on the indie circuit.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/24/2016, 11:37 am

I think I laughed at a couple small things. Like when DeNiro randomly called that guy Jodeci.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/5/2016, 11:47 am

London Has Fallen - Not bad. It was a fun little action movie. I will say I was entertained. If you go in not expecting much then you'll enjoy the movie.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi - This was really good. Michael Bay did a great job for a change, better than the Transformers movie for sure. John Krasinski has the potential to be an action star. I can see him doing more action movies in the future. I know he almost became Captain America and there is a nice little reference in the movie on that, it's kind of funny.

Didn't know much about the attack but the movie does a good job of telling the story, also explains what happened to the real people and where they are now at the end.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/6/2016, 2:03 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi - This was really good. Michael Bay did a great job for a change, better than the Transformers movie for sure. John Krasinski has the potential to be an action star. I can see him doing more action movies in the future. I know he almost became Captain America and there is a nice little reference in the movie on that, it's kind of funny.

Didn't know much about the attack but the movie does a good job of telling the story, also explains what happened to the real people and where they are now at the end.

I really want to watch that. Have been hanging to see it. Missed it in the theatres here ... only ran for about 2 weeks at my local. Bay can make a decent film when he's not trying to do blockbuster rubbish. Check out Pain & Gain with Marky Mark and The Rock. Good stuff.

I finally got to watch PTA's Inherent Vice last night. Bought the Blu-ray months ago, but it never worked on my player. The best I could get was about 3 minutes of playback, however 9 times out of 10 the menu wouldn't even load. Grabbed it cheap on iTunes last week, and finally got to watch it last night. Loved it. Another PTA film that I could not take my eyes off. Easily one of my favourite filmmakers.

Joaquin was classic Joaquin. Katherine Waterston ... Wow! Brolin, Del Toro, Owen Wilson, Witherspoon, Jena Malone, Eric Roberts ... even Martin Short popped in for a visit.

Highly recommended.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Inherentvice1
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/6/2016, 6:20 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:I finally got to watch PTA's Inherent Vice last night. Bought the Blu-ray months ago, but it never worked on my player. The best I could get was about 3 minutes of playback, however 9 times out of 10 the menu wouldn't even load. Grabbed it cheap on iTunes last week, and finally got to watch it last night. Loved it. Another PTA film that I could not take my eyes off. Easily one of my favourite filmmakers.

Joaquin was classic Joaquin. Katherine Waterston ... Wow! Brolin, Del Toro, Owen Wilson, Witherspoon, Jena Malone, Eric Roberts ... even Martin Short popped in for a visit.

Highly recommended.

I love the pussy eating menu scene, that was hilarious.

As for Katherine Waterston, who knew boring old man Sam had such a hot daughter lying around? She's the star of the next Alien film. Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/6/2016, 8:36 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:I really want to watch that. Have been hanging to see it. Missed it in the theatres here ... only ran for about 2 weeks at my local. Bay can make a decent film when he's not trying to do blockbuster rubbish. Check out Pain & Gain with Marky Mark and The Rock. Good stuff.

I did. That was another one of his that I liked. An incredibly funny and stupid movie, the guys were imbeciles.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/7/2016, 3:22 am

Watched Supremacy today.

I had been wanting to see this for a while since I saw the trailer (on this forum). Pity I did. It fucking sucked.

Bad acting, contrived emotional beats. Most of the dialogue was atrocious. This cast deserved better material. The whole is absolutely lesser than the sum of its parts.

The final five minutes was great, and completely at odds with the rest of the film.

You have been warned.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Supremacy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/15/2016, 3:38 pm

I watched Anomolisa earlier. Man, I used to live on depressing indie movies and this totally made me miss that. It's beautiful and real and dark and depressing and funny. It's funny, early on I was like "damn, I wish they could've afforded a bigger voice cast, it's like 2 guys" and then I noticed almost all the puppets looked the same and then I got it. Fantastic.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/15/2016, 4:00 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched Anomolisa earlier. Man, I used to live on depressing indie movies and this totally made me miss that. It's beautiful and real and dark and depressing and funny. It's funny, early on I was like "damn, I wish they could've afforded a bigger voice cast, it's like 2 guys" and then I noticed almost all the puppets looked the same and then I got it. Fantastic.

It's finally out? Dan Harmon was working on it during the last two seasons of Community, I followed the Kickstarter campaign then forgot about it after enough time passed since it ended.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/15/2016, 4:09 pm

It debuted last year and came out to own this month.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/19/2016, 11:36 am

Watched Green Room earlier, pretty intense.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/20/2016, 10:01 pm

Watched Everybody Wants Some!! yesterday and liked it, much more than Dazed & Confused. Those 1980 styles fucked with me a little though. A lot of "wait, I know this guy, but from what"
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2016, 10:12 pm

Tyger wrote:Watched Everybody Wants Some!! yesterday and liked it, much more than Dazed & Confused. Those 1980 styles fucked with me a little though. A lot of "wait, I know this guy, but from what"

You really preferred EWS way more than D&C??? WOW.........I grew up on D&C and watched it probably over 100 times before I even left high school and I don't know how many replays I'd give EWS even though I did enjoy it, I didn't love it as much.

Luckily for me I pretty much knew all of the main cast so I wasn't plagued with trying to figure em out.

You probably recognized Austin Amelio's Nesbit since he's also Dwight the man who stole Darryl Dixon's bike and bow on TWD.

Wyatt Russell is putting together a strange resume where he plays only stoners.

Jenner and Guzman were very replaceable actors for me though cause I do not like either of those backup dancers and would prefer they never worked again.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/21/2016, 12:19 am

Tyger wrote:Watched Everybody Wants Some!! yesterday and liked it, much more than Dazed & Confused. Those 1980 styles fucked with me a little though. A lot of "wait, I know this guy, but from what"

WyldeMan wrote:
You really preferred EWS way more than D&C??? WOW.........I grew up on D&C and watched it probably over 100 times before I even left high school and I don't know how many replays I'd give EWS even though I did enjoy it, I didn't love it as much.

Luckily for me I pretty much knew all of the main cast so I wasn't plagued with trying to figure em out.

You probably recognized Austin Amelio's Nesbit since he's also Dwight the man who stole Darryl Dixon's bike and bow on TWD.

Wyatt Russell is putting together a strange resume where he plays only stoners.

Jenner and Guzman were very replaceable actors for me though cause I do not like either of those backup dancers and would prefer they never worked again.

I'm with Wylde. When I first saw Dazed & Confused, it was near the end of High School, right around the time we spent our weekends driving around until everyone ended up in the same paddock, drinking/smoking/fucking. I honestly don't think I have watched a movie more times than D&C. I remember the first few weeks having it on VHS, and there were times I watched it, rewound it, and immediately watched it again.

I'd easily call Dazed my favourite film of all time. Doubt anything would surpass it.

Having said that, Everybody... was fucking good though.

Enjoyed the cast. Much like D&C, I only recognised one or two people, so if they'd done crap I wouldn't have liked (and looking at the IMDB pages, they absolutely have), I wasn't affected. Wyatt Russell I knew, and always liked, so he was no issue, and the only other person I instantly recognised (and thankfully enjoyed) was Val, the first girl Jake dances with (Dora Madison. She played Becky in Friday Night Lights) - and there was a case of mistaken identity, with the bartender from the bar they got thrown out of - I thought it was Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite, but it turns out it isn't.

Only real complaint about Everybody Wants Some is there was no cameo from Wooderson, but maybe he was off livin', man. L-I-V-I-N Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/21/2016, 6:39 am

Tyger wrote:Watched Green Room earlier, pretty intense.

Bought that one on blu recently.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2016, 7:46 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
I'm with Wylde. When I first saw Dazed & Confused, it was near the end of High School, right around the time we spent our weekends driving around until everyone ended up in the same paddock, drinking/smoking/fucking. I honestly don't think I have watched a movie more times than D&C. I remember the first few weeks having it on VHS, and there were times I watched it, rewound it, and immediately watched it again.

I'd easily call Dazed my favourite film of all time. Doubt anything would surpass it.

Having said that, Everybody... was fucking good though.

Enjoyed the cast. Much like D&C, I only recognised one or two people, so if they'd done crap I wouldn't have liked (and looking at the IMDB pages, they absolutely have), I wasn't affected. Wyatt Russell I knew, and always liked, so he was no issue, and the only other person I instantly recognised (and thankfully enjoyed) was Val, the first girl Jake dances with (Dora Madison. She played Becky in Friday Night Lights) - and there was a case of mistaken identity, with the bartender from the bar they got thrown out of - I thought it was Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite, but it turns out it isn't.

Only real complaint about Everybody Wants Some is there was no cameo from Wooderson, but maybe he was off livin', man. L-I-V-I-N Cool

I discovered Dazed in the 8th grade when I found a used copy at my local vhs shop for $5 and enjoyed it so much I just kept watching it pretty much daily from what I recall. When I started partying fairly hard with my friends by 10th grade nearly always at my house and we were constantly watching it together in big groups, it was part of a ritual. It's also a movie that has held up to the test of time for me, I still turn it on every once in a while and can still quote it word for word but yet there's just something about it, it's still got that magic for me.

I feel like Nesbit has a cousin named Wooderson. I really wanted a scene with those two, so I understand the cameo wish as I had it through the whole film myself. L-I-V-I-N, how many times a day do you say this to yourself cause I know for me it's still way more often than it should be. I'm also quite partial to "Marijuana on 1, Reefer on 2" , "Chasin the muff around" and "Get em from your mother...man!".  Cool

The main character Jake played by Black Jenner is married to Supergirl's Melissa Benoist. That's his biggest career achievement.

Zoey Dutch who played Beverly is the daughter of 80's redheaded babe Lea Thompson. Twisted Evil

Pedro is fuckin yoked these days, he doesn't look anything like he used to.

My overall opinion on EWS was that Linklater's still got it after all these years. Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/21/2016, 5:51 pm

I was most impressed with Glen Powell as Finn. He was on Scream Queens, which was fucking terrible but he was the best the best part of it. I feel like that show never really nailed down the tone except when he was on screen. He's also one I couldn't place because of the 1980 styling.

I love Linklater and movies without a real story but embody a feeling, but Dazed and Confused just never did it for me. I saw it for the first time in probably my early to mid 20's though and I've always been completely sober...and I'm from California so I generally hate Texa(n)s...just not for me.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/3/2016, 6:01 am

Finally got around to watching Deadpool.

Holy shit was that good. Dude even managed to break the 16th wall! hahaha

Colossus looked amazing, and actually looked, sounded, and acted like Colossus. And Negasonic Teenage Warhead? I know fuck all about her, but her costume looked awesome ... so maybe we can finally get some proper X-Men movies happening and be done with the Singerverse (Please. No more Brian Singer X-movies).

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/22/2016, 8:09 pm

Watched Imperium with Daniel Radcliffe yesterday. Very impressed with his choice in films lately and I thought he did a great job in this. His american accent is getting better. It's a tough movie to watch considering the plot but definitely interesting.

Rusty Cunt wrote:Finally got around to watching Deadpool.

Holy shit was that good. Dude even managed to break the 16th wall! hahaha

Colossus looked amazing, and actually looked, sounded, and acted like Colossus. And Negasonic Teenage Warhead? I know fuck all about her, but her costume looked awesome ... so maybe we can finally get some proper X-Men movies happening and be done with the Singerverse (Please. No more Brian Singer X-movies).

I agree, I'm really getting tired of seeing Singer's vision. This is why I'm curious about that upcoming X-Men show on FX. We'll see how it turns out. Not the X-Men we know but it could be great.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/24/2016, 4:43 pm

Finally watched Cloverfield. I had no interest in it when it came out but wanted to watch it before 10 Cloverfield Lane but it wasn't streaming anywhere. It's on Hulu now. The beginning is a chore but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, you saw the monster a lot more than I thought based on comments at the time.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/24/2016, 4:58 pm

Tyger wrote:Finally watched Cloverfield. I had no interest in it when it came out but wanted to watch it before 10 Cloverfield Lane but it wasn't streaming anywhere. It's on Hulu now. The beginning is a chore but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, you saw the monster a lot more than I thought based on comments at the time.

I bought Cloverfield for that same reason a month or so back ... still haven't watched it though.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/29/2016, 11:52 pm

Watched:

Ride Along 2 - Did not need to. The original was fun, the sequel was not.

The Green Mile - Had been a few years since I watched this. Still great. Tom Hanks post urinary-infection expression is worth the price alone. haha
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/30/2016, 8:24 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Watched:

Ride Along 2 - Did not need to. The original was fun, the sequel was not.

The Green Mile - Had been a few years since I watched this. Still great. Tom Hanks post urinary-infection expression is worth the price alone. haha

I wouldn't have finished RA2 without Olivia Munn's participation.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/2/2016, 6:29 am

WyldeMan wrote:

I wouldn't have finished RA2 without Olivia Munn's participation.

Also the only reason I stayed until the credits started rolling Twisted Evil

Watched:

Nice Guys - I really enjoyed this. Nothing ground breaking, but a solid script with some quality casting. Can watch Russell Crowe in anything, and it was great to see him in a fun role.

Straight Outta Compton - As expected. Pure fan service. As a fan of their music it was enjoyable, but a little more depth, a little less glossy "Lifetime" feel, and an hour longer run time - and it would have been awesome. Some fantastic casting. Pity Ren was portrayed as a D-lister. Alonzo had a more meaningful role. No
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/2/2016, 7:03 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Also the only reason I stayed until the credits started rolling Twisted Evil

Straight Outta Compton - As expected. Pure fan service. As a fan of their music it was enjoyable, but a little more depth, a little less glossy "Lifetime" feel, and an hour longer run time - and it would have been awesome. Some fantastic casting. Pity Ren was portrayed as a D-lister. Alonzo had a more meaningful role. No

Olivia Munn is a goddess and as a lifelong Packers fan, I couldn't possibly have anymore respect for Aaron Rogers than I do right now. Razz

Felt the same about SOC, Ren got the short end cause he wasn't a producer.

Last night I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Out of the Shadows, it was highly enjoyable. I thought the first one was fun but the second reminded me of the original series with their episode trilogies, this really felt like a TMNT adventure. There's always been something about this franchise that has made me feel like I kid no matter how old I get or how many of these movies they make, I enjoy them all but TMNT II was a really fun trip and if you liked the first one you're gonna love the sequel.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/2/2016, 6:48 pm

Speaking of the Turtles, I watched a pretty good documentary on Hulu from a couple years ago called Turtle Power that covers Eastman and Laird meeting up to the first movie and bookends with Eastman and Laird meeting in person for the first time in over a decade. I liked it a lot.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/2/2016, 8:13 pm

Tyger wrote:Speaking of the Turtles, I watched a pretty good documentary on Hulu from a couple years ago called Turtle Power that covers Eastman and Laird meeting up to the first movie and bookends with Eastman and Laird meeting in person for the first time in over a decade. I liked it a lot.

That was a pretty good docu, I caught Turtle Power last year. I believe it was part of the special features in the TMNT BD box set for the original films.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/2/2016, 8:39 pm

How have they not released a special edition of the first movie??
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/3/2016, 7:46 am

Tyger wrote:How have they not released a special edition of the first movie??

I don't know why not, all of these movies are fun for me but the original still holds up quite well. I think all of the TMNT films should get an SE.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/3/2016, 9:50 am

The Sea of Trees with Matthew McConaughey, Naomi Watts and Ken Watanabe. I did not see a trailer for this movie but decided to check it out.

A suicidal American befriends a Japanese man lost in a forest near Mt. Fuji and the two search for a way out.

That's basically the movie, it was very predictable with maybe one twist. I just saw an article about the movie on the Yahoo front page today and it was a disaster at the box office, only made $3K. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/6/2016, 10:58 am

I watched Keanu earlier and loved it and want that calendar in my life
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/20/2016, 10:22 pm

I watched Keanu again, will probably buy it around Black Friday.

Watched Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping earlier. Much better than expected. I actually really liked it.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/20/2016, 10:41 pm

You watched Keanu twice? I guess I'm gonna have to check it out. I've been debating whether I should or not.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2016, 9:16 am

Tyger wrote:I watched Keanu again, will probably buy it around Black Friday.

Watched Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping earlier. Much better than expected. I actually really liked it.

I'm a big Key and Peele fan but I didn't much care for Keanu after one viewing.

Also like Sandberg but haven't yet watched Popstar, didn't know what to expect with that though I still plan to see it soon.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/24/2016, 8:31 pm

Got around to watching In the Heart of the Sea.

What a dud. I can't remember the last Ron Howard film I actually enjoyed. This was far too simplistic and trite for the subject matter.

Thor's accent was all over the place.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2016, 9:06 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Got around to watching In the Heart of the Sea.

What a dud. I can't remember the last Ron Howard film I actually enjoyed. This was far too simplistic and trite for the subject matter.

Thor's accent was all over the place.

I've never been much of a Howard fan, out of his whole career I only remember even liking Edtv, Backdraft and Ransom and when I was a kid there was Splash cause of Darryl Hannah being a naked mermaid. Beyond those films though, I haven't ever gotten excited about a Ron Howard film and now that he wants to work with Hemsworth all the time, he's assured that I won't be watching anymore of his films.

Liam and Luke are the only Hemsworth's with any talent, Thor is always a dud.

I just watched Central Intelligence with the Rock and Kevin Hart. Had some very funny one liners and I laughed quite a bit more than I'd expected, it was a lot more enjoyable than Neighbors 2 was. I'm not saying CI was an instant classic or hilarious but it was amusing and Rock and Hart have great comedic chemistry together, I can see why they're teaming right back up for Jumanji.

Next up, The Purge: Election Year!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2016, 8:02 am

I watched The Purge: Election Year which might as well have been called The Purge: Young Bitches Be Crazy! Cause they were in fact, absolutely insane.

I don't know if Blumhouse plans to make anymore of these films cause it felt fairly final with only a hint at another possible chapter in the final seconds but I can't imagine they'd choose to end them now when they're still making good money for the studio.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/29/2016, 2:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:The Purge: Election Year

I have a mate who downloaded that last week thinking it was a documentary about the upcoming election in the US haha
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2016, 6:07 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:The Purge: Election Year

I have a mate who downloaded that last week thinking it was a documentary about the upcoming election in the US haha

It's a documentary about Donald Trump's America. Purge and Purify!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/5/2016, 9:01 pm

Currently watching The Fearless Vampire Killers. Sharon Tate is beautiful.

Oh shit.... she was murdered by the Manson Family....
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 10/6/2016, 9:19 am

joey con carne wrote:Currently watching The Fearless Vampire Killers. Sharon Tate is beautiful.

Yeah and her unborn child, along with four other people.

Jay Sebring

Abigail Folger( yes the coffee family)

Wojciech Frykowski

Steven Parent

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/6/2016, 9:56 am

ForeverBlu wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Currently watching The Fearless Vampire Killers. Sharon Tate is beautiful.

Yeah  and her unborn child, along with four other people.

Jay Sebring

Abigail Folger( yes the coffee family)

Wojciech Frykowski

Steven Parent

Steve McQueen nearly made that list, but his notorious playboy ways kept him from being there that night, as he would later learn he was also on Manson's hit list.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next