BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)

5 posters

Go down

It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 9/25/2017, 7:29 pm

It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)  How-wi10
The sequel to New Line’s It will be hitting the screen on Sept. 6, 2019. That’s the same post-Labor Day frame that the first chapter launched in, racking up an unprecedented $123.4M domestic opening — the best September has ever seen.

Andy Muschietti directs the second half of Stephen King’s novel which focuses on the Loser’s Club, 27 years later, when they’ve grown up and away. But then a devastating phone call brings them back.

The latest news puts the Warner Bros./New Line sequel in a game of chicken with Blumhouse’s untitled horror film which moved on to that date last week. We hear that the Blumhouse title moving forward on that Friday isn’t the Akiva Goldsman-directed reboot of Stephen King’s Firestarter, rather an original horror pic from the genre label.

It has been an unprecedented success at the September box office in ways that no one ever imagined. Among some of the records that It owns: largest opening for a horror film stateside, biggest opening for an R-rated film, largest opening for a pic based on a book, best preview night for a horror film ($13.5M), best IMAX opening for September and horror pic, and best opening for a New Line release. Worldwide It is nearing close to a half billion, and at the domestic B.O., it’s already the largest horror film ever with $266.1M, beating The Exorcist late last week.

In addition, Warner Bros. announced today that the untitled animation film on June 1 next year has moved to July 27 and is now known as Teen Titans Go!

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 11:34 am; edited 4 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 2/20/2018, 11:54 am

Jessica Chastain in Talks to Star in ‘It’ Sequel
It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Jessic13
Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to star in New Line’s “It” sequel as the adult version of Beverly, sources tell Variety.

Director Andy Muschietti is back to direct. Gary Dauberman will pen the script. Beverly was played by Sophia Lillis in the 2017 horror hit.

Sources stress that negotiations are early and that the script is still being worked on, but both sides have officially begun discussing her coming on to the project. Bill Skarsgard is also expected to return as Pennywise. The sequel will bow on Sept. 6, 2019, with production expected to start this summer.

Chastain has been linked to the sequel for some time following its monster opening weekend, as the Muschiettis mentioned her in an interview with Variety as a top choice to play adult Beverly in the sequel. Rumors even surfaced of a post-credits scene in which Chastain could have made a cameo, though that never came to fruition.

Another layer to the rumors: Chastain has worked with Muschietti before, having starred in his first studio hit, “Mama.”

Despite the speculation, New Line and Chastain had not been in official talks until recent weeks. The studio sees the “It” sequel as a big priority, however, as it was one of the top movies of 2017 and became the largest-grossing horror film of all time.

“Chapter One” of “It” followed the first half of Stephen King’s eponymous novel, telling the story of a group of children who are terrorized by Pennywise the Clown and forced to face their own demons to defeat him. “Chapter Two” will follow the last half of the novel, when the characters return to their hometown years later as adults to face Pennywise once again. Chastain would be the first big star attached to the sequel, though the Muschiettis have said that they would hope to bring back the original young stars for flashback scenes.

Chastain is coming off a Golden Globe-nominated performance in “Molly’s Game,” and is expected to star in “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” later this year. She also recently became attached to a Universal comedy opposite Octavia Spencer.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/20/2018, 3:29 pm

"Talks." There is no need for talks or audition, just put her in the movie. She's perfect! I'm sure she'll get it. I'm glad they listened to the fans.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/20/2018, 3:48 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:"Talks." There is no need for talks or audition, just put her in the movie. She's perfect! I'm sure she'll get it. I'm glad they listened to the fans.

The "talks" will be how much money she wants, and they'll offer her less because they are stupid.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2018, 4:51 pm

Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, Bill Hader, James Ransone and Andy Bean have signed on as the adult Loser's Club.

McAvoy is Bill
Chastain is Beverley
Hader is Richie
Ransone is Eddie
Bean is Stanley

That's a solid cast, it's such a shame this Chapter will also suffer from shitty writing and end up being a pointless waste of time too.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/16/2018, 4:58 pm

Speak for yourself Wylde. I liked the first one, it wasn't as scary as I thought but I enjoyed the story. You just had high expectations from the movie, which is crazy because you don't even like clowns. LOL!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2018, 7:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Speak for yourself Wylde. I liked the first one, it wasn't as scary as I thought but I enjoyed the story. You just had high expectations from the movie, which is crazy because you don't even like clowns. LOL!

I hate clowns and Chapter One managed to not even creep me out, I was just bored with all the non-stop CGI and how much it looked like Mama.

But no, I don't think my expectations were too high, I was very aware going in that It is a story about a magic alien spider who comes to earth to look like a clown so that he can live in the sewers for hundreds of years while he feeds on children until he's defeated by one with a slingshot. I feel like my expectations were appropriate.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/16/2018, 8:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:But no, I don't think my expectations were too high, I was very aware going in that It is a story about a magic alien spider who comes to earth to look like a clown so that he can live in the sewers for hundreds of years while he feeds on children until he's defeated by one with a slingshot. I feel like my expectations were appropriate.

Wait a minute, he's an alien spider?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2018, 9:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:But no, I don't think my expectations were too high, I was very aware going in that It is a story about a magic alien spider who comes to earth to look like a clown so that he can live in the sewers for hundreds of years while he feeds on children until he's defeated by one with a slingshot. I feel like my expectations were appropriate.

Wait a minute, he's an alien spider?

Yup..... Razz Razz Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/2/2018, 7:49 pm

‘It: Chapter Two’ Assembles Adult Losers’ Club in New Cast Photo
It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Dhhcea10
Release the red balloons — Warner Bros. dropped the first full cast photo from “It: Chapter 2,” featuring Jessica Chastain, Bill Hader, James McAvoy, Jay Ryan, James Ransone, Isaiah Mustafa and Andy Bean.

The seven actors make up the adult version of the Losers’ Club, with Chastain as Beverly Marsh, Hader as Richie Tozier, McAvoy as Bill Denbrough, Ryan as Ben Hanscom, Ransone as Eddie Kaspbrak, Mustafa as Mike Hanlon, and Bean as Stanley Uris.

It Movie’s official Twitter account posted the photo of the new cast having a laugh during a table read, officially kicking off the sequel’s summer production schedule. The highly anticipated follow-up is slated to release on Sept. 6, 2019.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/2/2018, 7:54 pm

Bill Hader?? Fuck
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/2/2018, 7:59 pm

Tyger wrote:Bill Hader?? Fuck

I know, this cast doesn't make any sense given how much the first one sucked.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/1/2018, 10:06 am

It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Pheh7t10

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/4/2018, 3:03 pm

Tyger wrote:Bill Hader?? Fuck

WyldeMan wrote:I know, this cast doesn't make any sense given how much the first one sucked.

Did you guys have a different actor in mind? Hader is supposedly killing it in his show Barry, guessing it's a different role than his usual ones.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/4/2018, 5:57 pm

The “Fuck” meant now I have to watch this
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/5/2018, 7:09 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Did you guys have a different actor in mind? Hader is supposedly killing it in his show Barry, guessing it's a different role than his usual ones.

I'm with Tyger on the Hader support and probably seeing this because he's in it and also yes Abe, Barry was a very fun watch.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/5/2018, 6:16 pm

Tyger wrote:The “Fuck” meant now I have to watch this

Yep. I haven't seen everything he's done, but of what I have, he's never disappointed, and always been a stand-out.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/6/2018, 8:27 am

Rusty wrote:Yep. I haven't seen everything he's done, but of what I have, he's never disappointed, and always been a stand-out.

Do you only know him from movies or did you ever see his SNL work?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/7/2018, 1:41 pm

I know of Bill Hader but I only remember him from his work as les Grossman’s employee in Tropic Thunder.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/7/2018, 4:44 pm

joey con carne wrote:I know of Bill Hader but I only remember him from his work as les Grossman’s employee in Tropic Thunder.

I've seen probably thousands of his SNL skits after all these years.

Were you never a SuperBad fan?

Here are a couple of good Hader moments.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/7/2018, 8:29 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Yep. I haven't seen everything he's done, but of what I have, he's never disappointed, and always been a stand-out.

Do you only know him from movies or did you ever see his SNL work?

I can count the number of SNL episodes I've ever seen on one hand.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/8/2018, 6:56 am

Rusty wrote:I can count the number of SNL episodes I've ever seen on one hand.

I grew up watching MadTV and SNL because I learned to program a VCR at an early age. Cool

Hader is very funny but he's also shown on Barry that he is a very capable straight man who's quite creepy too.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/12/2019, 7:34 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/12/2019, 9:06 am

You barely see Hader in that, what a waste
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/12/2019, 12:25 pm

That old lady is creepy. It didn't really show much of any of the characters really but it was still a good teaser.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/12/2019, 9:05 pm

Yeah it gives you a good idea of how shitty and predictable it’s gonna be
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/12/2019, 10:56 pm

Tyger wrote:Yeah it gives you a good idea of how shitty and predictable it’s gonna be

I guess you didn't like the first one either like Wylde. I didn't watch the originals so I wasn't disappointed like you guys were.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/12/2019, 11:39 pm

I didn’t watch the first half of the movie, I’ll watch the whole movie eventually.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/13/2019, 6:25 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:Yeah it gives you a good idea of how shitty and predictable it’s gonna be

I guess you didn't like the first one either like Wylde. I didn't watch the originals so I wasn't disappointed like you guys were.

IMO, it really says something about a 2018 movie and the quality of today's horror when a tv miniseries from 1990 is just that much better....

Tyger wrote:I didn’t watch the first half of the movie, I’ll watch the whole movie eventually.

You'll regret that decision, it does not get better, just more shitty sci-fi.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/13/2019, 8:28 am

I’ll watch because of Hader and some of the rest of the cast, but probably not until the two halves are streaming on the same service. I already know it’ll be a waste of what like 4 hours, but I know it’ll happen.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/13/2019, 8:36 am

Tyger wrote:I’ll watch because of Hader and some of the rest of the cast, but probably not until the two halves are streaming on the same service. I already know it’ll be a waste of what like 4 hours, but I know it’ll happen.

Have you been watching Barry? Hader has been fantastic all season.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/13/2019, 8:51 am

Hader is fantastic.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/13/2019, 8:53 am

Tyger wrote:Hader is fantastic.

Barry has been some of the best work of his entire career and it just keeps getting better for him.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/17/2019, 4:38 pm

DAAAAMN.

IT Chapter Two officially runs 2 hours, 49 minutes and 11 seconds.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/18/2019, 10:37 am

Nice! About 30 mins more than the first one.

By the way, here is the final trailer which is really good.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2019, 3:12 pm

IT Director Is Planning Supercut of Both Movies, Will Shoot New Scenes
It: Chapter Two ($473 Million Worldwide Box Office)  It-mov10
IT Chapter Two director Andres Muschietti intends to shoot additional footage for his supercut of both installments. The highly anticipated sequel was easily able to land the number one spot all over the world after premiering last weekend. While the movie made considerably less money than the first installment's opening weekend, it was still enough to easily take the number one spot. There's still plenty of time for the sequel to earn a lot of money at the box office, so we'll just have to wait and see how it ends up when compared to the first movie.

Taking a 900 page book and adapting it to the big screen is not an easy task. Andres Muschietti knows this, which is why he took some extra care when crafting IT Chapter Two, which even included a new scene suggested by Stephen King. Now that the movie is out, Muschietti is not shy about admitting that he wants to shoot some additional footage for a possible supercut of both installments. He would also add in some unused footage from both movies to make it as close to the book as possible. He explains.

"The studio probably doesn't know this... No, we're in talks with the studio to make a supercut, which is basically the two movies edited together with all the material that is not in the released versions. And yeah, there are a couple of scenes that I want to shoot to make this a new experience."

When asked about those additional scenes that he wants to shoot, Andres Muschietti played coy. He did reveal that one of them is from the book, but the other is something he wants to keep a surprise. "I want to be a little cryptic about it," said the director. Regardless, it sounds like we're going to get a lot more IT in the future. Muschietti's original cut of IT Chapter Two was a massive four hours, so there is a lot of stuff that he can include. As of this writing, the director is claiming the supercut could be nearly 7 hours long.

As for a possible third movie, Andres Muschietti has admitted he would be into further exploring the world of Pennywise the Dancing Clown, though it is unclear if it will actually happen. The director started teasing the idea before IT Chapter Two hit theaters and seems intent on developing it, or at the very least pitching it to the studio when the time is right. Fans would more than likely enjoy getting some more Pennywise on the big screen.

Bill Skarsgard is open to returning as Pennywise for another movie. He would like to make a prequel exploring Pennywise's origins, which could be interesting. They've run out of Stephen King's source material, so they would be working on something completely new. With that being said, King fans might not be so into the idea, unless the author helped write a new story or helped with some of the background info. Hopefully Skarsgard and Andres Muschietti have some news for us soon. As we wait for more information, you can check out the interview with Muschietti below, thanks to the SYFY Wire YouTube channel. The director's thoughts on the supercut are at the 7:40 mark.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/13/2019, 6:39 pm

Wow! Might have to check that one out then.

Nobody has seen Chapter 2 yet?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2019, 7:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wow! Might have to check that one out then.

Nobody has seen Chapter 2 yet?

Is this one you will be seeing in theaters?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/13/2019, 8:02 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Is this one you will be seeing in theaters?

No, I'll wait for it to come out. I didn't even go to see the first one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down