It: Chapter Two (Chastain / McAvoy / Hader / Ransone) (September 6, 2019)

Go down

It: Chapter Two (Chastain / McAvoy / Hader / Ransone) (September 6, 2019)

Post by WyldeMan on 9/25/2017, 7:29 pm

The sequel to New Line’s It will be hitting the screen on Sept. 6, 2019. That’s the same post-Labor Day frame that the first chapter launched in, racking up an unprecedented $123.4M domestic opening — the best September has ever seen.

Andy Muschietti directs the second half of Stephen King’s novel which focuses on the Loser’s Club, 27 years later, when they’ve grown up and away. But then a devastating phone call brings them back.

The latest news puts the Warner Bros./New Line sequel in a game of chicken with Blumhouse’s untitled horror film which moved on to that date last week. We hear that the Blumhouse title moving forward on that Friday isn’t the Akiva Goldsman-directed reboot of Stephen King’s Firestarter, rather an original horror pic from the genre label.

It has been an unprecedented success at the September box office in ways that no one ever imagined. Among some of the records that It owns: largest opening for a horror film stateside, biggest opening for an R-rated film, largest opening for a pic based on a book, best preview night for a horror film ($13.5M), best IMAX opening for September and horror pic, and best opening for a New Line release. Worldwide It is nearing close to a half billion, and at the domestic B.O., it’s already the largest horror film ever with $266.1M, beating The Exorcist late last week.

In addition, Warner Bros. announced today that the untitled animation film on June 1 next year has moved to July 27 and is now known as Teen Titans Go!

Last edited by WyldeMan on 5/16/2018, 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It: Chapter Two (Chastain / McAvoy / Hader / Ransone) (September 6, 2019)

Post by WyldeMan on 2/20/2018, 11:54 am

Jessica Chastain in Talks to Star in ‘It’ Sequel

Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to star in New Line’s “It” sequel as the adult version of Beverly, sources tell Variety.

Director Andy Muschietti is back to direct. Gary Dauberman will pen the script. Beverly was played by Sophia Lillis in the 2017 horror hit.

Sources stress that negotiations are early and that the script is still being worked on, but both sides have officially begun discussing her coming on to the project. Bill Skarsgard is also expected to return as Pennywise. The sequel will bow on Sept. 6, 2019, with production expected to start this summer.

Chastain has been linked to the sequel for some time following its monster opening weekend, as the Muschiettis mentioned her in an interview with Variety as a top choice to play adult Beverly in the sequel. Rumors even surfaced of a post-credits scene in which Chastain could have made a cameo, though that never came to fruition.

Another layer to the rumors: Chastain has worked with Muschietti before, having starred in his first studio hit, “Mama.”

Despite the speculation, New Line and Chastain had not been in official talks until recent weeks. The studio sees the “It” sequel as a big priority, however, as it was one of the top movies of 2017 and became the largest-grossing horror film of all time.

“Chapter One” of “It” followed the first half of Stephen King’s eponymous novel, telling the story of a group of children who are terrorized by Pennywise the Clown and forced to face their own demons to defeat him. “Chapter Two” will follow the last half of the novel, when the characters return to their hometown years later as adults to face Pennywise once again. Chastain would be the first big star attached to the sequel, though the Muschiettis have said that they would hope to bring back the original young stars for flashback scenes.

Chastain is coming off a Golden Globe-nominated performance in “Molly’s Game,” and is expected to star in “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” later this year. She also recently became attached to a Universal comedy opposite Octavia Spencer.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 2/20/2018, 3:29 pm

"Talks." There is no need for talks or audition, just put her in the movie. She's perfect! I'm sure she'll get it. I'm glad they listened to the fans.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 2/20/2018, 3:48 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:"Talks." There is no need for talks or audition, just put her in the movie. She's perfect! I'm sure she'll get it. I'm glad they listened to the fans.

The "talks" will be how much money she wants, and they'll offer her less because they are stupid.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 5/16/2018, 4:51 pm

Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, Bill Hader, James Ransone and Andy Bean have signed on as the adult Loser's Club.

McAvoy is Bill
Chastain is Beverley
Hader is Richie
Ransone is Eddie
Bean is Stanley

That's a solid cast, it's such a shame this Chapter will also suffer from shitty writing and end up being a pointless waste of time too.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 5/16/2018, 4:58 pm

Speak for yourself Wylde. I liked the first one, it wasn't as scary as I thought but I enjoyed the story. You just had high expectations from the movie, which is crazy because you don't even like clowns. LOL!
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 5/16/2018, 7:04 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Speak for yourself Wylde. I liked the first one, it wasn't as scary as I thought but I enjoyed the story. You just had high expectations from the movie, which is crazy because you don't even like clowns. LOL!

I hate clowns and Chapter One managed to not even creep me out, I was just bored with all the non-stop CGI and how much it looked like Mama.

But no, I don't think my expectations were too high, I was very aware going in that It is a story about a magic alien spider who comes to earth to look like a clown so that he can live in the sewers for hundreds of years while he feeds on children until he's defeated by one with a slingshot. I feel like my expectations were appropriate.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 5/16/2018, 8:56 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:But no, I don't think my expectations were too high, I was very aware going in that It is a story about a magic alien spider who comes to earth to look like a clown so that he can live in the sewers for hundreds of years while he feeds on children until he's defeated by one with a slingshot. I feel like my expectations were appropriate.

Wait a minute, he's an alien spider?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 5/16/2018, 9:04 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:But no, I don't think my expectations were too high, I was very aware going in that It is a story about a magic alien spider who comes to earth to look like a clown so that he can live in the sewers for hundreds of years while he feeds on children until he's defeated by one with a slingshot. I feel like my expectations were appropriate.

Wait a minute, he's an alien spider?

Yup..... Razz Razz Razz
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum