Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Go down

Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2017, 4:09 pm

Gavin O’Connor is on board to write the sequel to “Suicide Squad,” and is also in talks to direct the film that stars Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Jared Leto.

The movie is a top priority at Warner Bros. and looks to be one of the two DC properties (the other being New Line’s “Shazam!”) to begin production this year. Given the ensemble’s busy schedule, the shoot wasn’t expected to start until fall of 2017. So while there’s still time, the studio is eager to get someone on board to pen a script.

Following the news that David Ayer, who directed the first movie, would not be back, the open directing job has been one of the biz’s most highly-touted gigs.

Ayer directed the last supervillain tentpole, which was a huge hit for Warners — despite earning negative reviews — bringing in more then $745 million worldwide.

O’Connor was already on a shortlist that included filmmakers Jaume Collet-Serra and Mel Gibson, both of whom were considered the studio’s prime targets before they decided to tackle other projects. O’Connor has always seemed like a logical choice, given his history with the studio. He most recently directed the action-drama “The Accountant,” which Warner Bros. is already developing a sequel for. O’Connor is set to return to direct and Ben Affleck will be back to star.


Last edited by WyldeMan on 6/9/2018, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17810
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/6/2017, 5:26 pm

The Accountant was pretty good but this is Suicide Squad we're talking about. Directing this film is suicidal. lol I guess he loves a challenge.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6000
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2017, 9:26 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:The Accountant was pretty good but this is Suicide Squad we're talking about. Directing this film is suicidal. lol I guess he loves a challenge.

The Accountant wasn't Gavin O'Connor's first film, he also directed Pride and Glory, Warrior, Miracle, Jane Got a Gun and a few others. He's a very talented guy who's been making movies for two decades.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17810
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by Tyger on 9/6/2017, 10:22 pm

He can do better.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1831
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2017, 10:35 pm

@Tyger wrote:He can do better.

I thought that was clear from my post. Razz
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17810
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/7/2017, 6:55 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:The Accountant was pretty good but this is Suicide Squad we're talking about. Directing this film is suicidal. lol I guess he loves a challenge.

The Accountant wasn't Gavin O'Connor's first film, he also directed Pride and Glory, Warrior, Miracle, Jane Got a Gun and a few others. He's a very talented guy who's been making movies for two decades.

Oh shit! Faith restored! I didn't know he directed Warrior.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6000
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by WyldeMan on 9/8/2017, 8:33 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Oh shit! Faith restored! I didn't know he directed Warrior.

Yup, same guy.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17810
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by WyldeMan on 6/9/2018, 6:51 am

'Suicide Squad' Sequel Gets New Writers
There's are a few new faces joining the Suicide Squad crew.

David Bar Katz and Todd Stashwick are co-writing the script for the Suicide Squad sequel alongside director Gavin O'Connor, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter. The film is a followup to the 2016 DC hit that starred Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto and was directed by David Ayer.

Katz is known for his Black List script The Man in the Rockefeller Suit, and has multiple features in development, including Chasing Phil with Robert Downey Jr.'s Team Downey and Warner Bros. He also has comic book experience, performing a rewrite on New Line's Spawn as well as penning the play The History of Invulnerability, which is about the creation of Superman. He also penned a Jason Bateman comedy for Universal about two undercover FBI agents.

Stashwick comes from the acting world and has worked on Fox's Batman prequel Gotham, as well as SyFy's 12 Monkeys. He recently revealed he was working on the Suicide Squad 2 script and describes himself as a lifelong DC fan.

Warner Bros. is eager to move forward with a sequel to Suicide Squad, which may have struggled with critics, but earned $746 million worldwide. Legend of Tarzan's Adam Cozad had previously worked on a script to the sequel. Warner Bros. has multiple projects at various stages of development in the works with Suicide Squad characters, including several that could star Robbie's Harley Quinn and Leto's Joker. No release dates have been set for any of them.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17810
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by WyldeMan on 6/9/2018, 6:52 am

I had no idea Stashwick was a writer.

Random FYI, Katz is the man who found Phillip Seymour Hoffman's body after he'd OD'd.

12 Monkey's final season kicks off next Friday, the 15th!
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17810
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/11/2018, 3:17 pm

Neither did I. Good for him.

They're actually going forward with this. Full steam ahead with a SS2 and Joker movie. There is no stopping WB. lol I would have waited to see how Aquaman is received. If that's successful, then you move with a MOS2, a Batman solo movie and WW2. Nobody is even touching Flash right now because they're too scared, as they should be.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6000
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by WyldeMan on 6/11/2018, 4:01 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Neither did I. Good for him.

They're actually going forward with this. Full steam ahead with a SS2 and Joker movie. There is no stopping WB. lol I would have waited to see how Aquaman is received. If that's successful, then you move with a MOS2, a Batman solo movie and WW2. Nobody is even touching Flash right now because they're too scared, as they should be.

I think Aquaman will be a bomb. I was hyped for it about three years ago but I could care less at this point.

Batman vs Superman killed all my interest in the current franchises and because of it, I haven't seen Wonder Woman or Justice League. I think I saw Suicide Squad but it made such a little impression, I can't even remember....
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17810
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/11/2018, 6:06 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Neither did I. Good for him.

They're actually going forward with this. Full steam ahead with a SS2 and Joker movie. There is no stopping WB. lol I would have waited to see how Aquaman is received. If that's successful, then you move with a MOS2, a Batman solo movie and WW2. Nobody is even touching Flash right now because they're too scared, as they should be.

I think Aquaman will be a bomb. I was hyped for it about three years ago but I could care less at this point.

Batman vs Superman killed all my interest in the current franchises and because of it, I haven't seen Wonder Woman or Justice League. I think I saw Suicide Squad but it made such a little impression, I can't even remember....

If anything deserves to be watched, it's Wonder Woman. I think you should give it a chance.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6000
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by WyldeMan on 6/11/2018, 6:56 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:If anything deserves to be watched, it's Wonder Woman. I think you should give it a chance.

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 17810
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/11/2018, 7:08 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:If anything deserves to be watched, it's Wonder Woman. I think you should give it a chance.


LOL! Because the director got the character right. And it takes place in the past, except the intro and outro, and far from the current movie timeline. I think you'll enjoy it even if you have some issues with it. It's my favorite DCEU movie so far.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6000
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by Rusty on 6/11/2018, 7:44 pm

I wouldn't say Wonder Woman deserves to be watched. It's the most watchable, but that's more of how bad the others are, as apposed to how good it is.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2482
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by Tyger on 6/11/2018, 10:07 pm

Wonder Woman and Black Panther get the same over praise and I get it and can’t hate whatsoever. I’m happy about what they represent and don’t want to take anything away from them. That being said, they’re both good and not at all great.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1831
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Suicide Squad 2 (Sequel Gets New Writers)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum