BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

+2
Rusty
ForeverBlu
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 8/27/2018, 9:49 pm

Tyger wrote:Remember when studio heads did cocaine instead of acid?

Cocaine is responsible for most of the greatest movies of the 80s.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/28/2018, 11:05 am

To be fair, while Jeffrey Dean Morgan is the best choice for Thomas Wayne, he's just not in shape for it nowadays. Seeing him in TWD and interviews, age is catching up and he's skinny as hell. During the supernatural days and Watchman, he would have been perfect. Anyone can play Thomas Wayne so long as they don't go the Flashpoint route so not a bad choice.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/28/2018, 2:48 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:To be fair, while Jeffrey Dean Morgan is the best choice for Thomas Wayne, he's just not in shape for it nowadays. Seeing him in TWD and interviews, age is catching up and he's skinny as hell. During the supernatural days and Watchman, he would have been perfect.

You noticed that too huh? Negan was about as big as Darryl. He looks like a fuckin vegan now, eat some god damned protein JDM!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/28/2018, 8:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:To be fair, while Jeffrey Dean Morgan is the best choice for Thomas Wayne, he's just not in shape for it nowadays. Seeing him in TWD and interviews, age is catching up and he's skinny as hell. During the supernatural days and Watchman, he would have been perfect.

You noticed that too huh? Negan was about as big as Darryl. He looks like a fuckin vegan now, eat some god damned protein JDM!

I thought he was sick at one point. Maybe he doesn't like being on TWD because that's when it started I think. Contract can be a bitch!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2018, 4:40 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I thought he was sick at one point. Maybe he doesn't like being on TWD because that's when it started I think. Contract can be a bitch!

JDM has never really been a guy who stayed buff but he's gotta much leaner than he used to be, he looks like he eats salads and does yoga all day, it's weird and nonthreatening.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2018, 2:08 pm

Disregard the Alec Baldwin as Thomas Wayne casting as of today he dropped out for "scheduling difficulties". Rolling Eyes
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/29/2018, 6:14 pm

Carl’s not around to wear an oversized hat so Negan has make the leather jacket look ridiculously oversized
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2018, 8:39 pm

Todd Phillips Unveils First Look At Joaquin Phoenix As The Joker
Joaquin Phoenix is ready to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight. Director Todd Phillips took to Instagram to reveal the first look at Phoenix as the Joker in the yet-to-be-titled movie about the Batman archnemesis.Phillips posted a photo of Phoenix sans Joker makeup with the caption “Arthur”, which is presumably his name before he dons the creepy smile.

Warner Bros has set October 4, 2019, for its Joker origins movie starring Joaquin Phoenix. Todd Phillips co-wrote the backstory tale of Gotham City’s big baddie with The Fighter‘s Scott Silver, which is described as a gritty character study but also a broader cautionary tale of a man disregarded by society who becomes the ultimate supervillain.

Deadline exclusively reported that Robert De Niro is in talks to join Phoenix in Warner Bros. pic.
The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 41466510
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/17/2018, 3:19 pm

Obviously before his transformation, I'm more curious to see him as The Joker in full make makeup.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/17/2018, 5:39 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Obviously before his transformation, I'm more curious to see him as The Joker in full make makeup.

I bet that's how he looks the entire movie. Razz Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/17/2018, 7:46 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Obviously before his transformation, I'm more curious to see him as The Joker in full make makeup.

lol EPIC FAIL! At least Leto somewhat looked the part.

You know what, at this point, I'll take anything. I don't care if he doesn't look like The Joker. If he can do equal or better to Heath's Joker than I will be pleased. Just give me something that stands out and gives DC some respect, I think it's time. But if this doesn't work then I worry for the company. How many misses can one get?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/17/2018, 8:28 pm

I'm curious to see how this turns out. I feel like there is a bigger chance this film will suck with the track record of DC films. But Joaquin Phoenix is a pretty good actor and I hope he doesn't ham it up like Leto.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/17/2018, 10:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

That sounds pretty terrible. But whatever’s worse than that is what DC will do.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/21/2018, 6:05 pm

I am typing this on the phone so I amnhaving trouble liking everything but there is a picture of JP in Joker makeup. I hope this works. I can’t upload a pic now.

https://www.gizmodo.com/heres-your-first-look-at-joaquin-phoenixs-joker-in-make-1829228625

Edit: I am back on my Chromebook and here are the photos of the one Wylde put up without make-up and the photo with make-up.

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 41466510

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Manhjb8rqq9adyrimqgx

Last edited by joey con carne on 9/21/2018, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2018, 7:27 pm

joey con carne wrote:I am typing this on the phone so I amnhaving trouble liking everything but there is a picture of JP in Joker makeup. I hope this works. I can’t upload a pic now.

https://www.gizmodo.com/heres-your-first-look-at-joaquin-phoenixs-joker-in-make-1829228625

Thanks Joey, I didn't see that update anywhere.

So Joker's name is Arthur Fleck and he looks like Bozo?

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Manhjb10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/22/2018, 11:16 am

I find this Joker more creepy than Leto's. That smile along with the makeup, something very creepy about it. Never heard that name before but ok.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2018, 6:23 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I find this Joker more creepy than Leto's. That smile along with the makeup, something very creepy about it. Never heard that name before but ok.

The only name I've ever seen Joker use was the Joe Kuhr moniker so I don't believe his true name was ever revealed but people have just created a new name for their story every time they use him.

A set video hit twitter earlier showing Joaquin in full clown make-up with the purple suit causing a big scene in a subway station, so it looks like this won't be just an origin story.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/24/2018, 7:47 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I find this Joker more creepy than Leto's. That smile along with the makeup, something very creepy about it.
Cause he looks like a pedo

I saw a meme that made me laugh that said he looks like a dad doing his best to connect with his juggalo son
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2018, 8:47 am

Tyger wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I find this Joker more creepy than Leto's. That smile along with the makeup, something very creepy about it.
Cause he looks like a pedo

I saw a meme that made me laugh that said he looks like a dad doing his best to connect with his juggalo son

I feel like Joaquin modeled this Joker after John Wayne Gacy aka Pogo the serial killer pedophile party clown.

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 John-w10

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Manhjb11
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2018, 8:53 am

The Joker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 41514210
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/24/2018, 11:46 am

He's just walking away like nothing happened. This could be something good. But again, I'm reminded that this won't have anything to do with the DCEU.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2018, 12:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:He's just walking away like nothing happened. This could be something good. But again, I'm reminded that this won't have anything to do with the DCEU.

Yes but this is also from Todd Phillips, so we could get end up getting The Joker Hangover and if you're telling yourself this isn't a DC movie, you're lying to yourself because the same people responsible for the DCEU are in charge of this version too.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/24/2018, 7:42 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Yes but this is also from Todd Phillips, so we could get end up getting The Joker Hangover and if you're telling yourself this isn't a DC movie, you're lying to yourself because the same people responsible for the DCEU are in charge of this version too.

Damn Wylde, things are already bad for DC. Can't you say something positive and provide them some moral support? Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2018, 8:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn Wylde, things are already bad for DC. Can't you say something positive and provide them some moral support? Razz

Sure, hey DC when things get bleak you can just keep rebooting, whether it's in comics or in film nobody cares about cannon because it's all about the toy sales.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/24/2018, 9:48 pm

The best version was almost 30 years ago and could be improved on, but no. We get this shit.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/24/2018, 10:14 pm

I hear Birds of Prey is also in the works now. Who knows if that will be part of the DCEU but their order of doing things is all kinds of fucked up. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/25/2018, 8:31 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I hear Birds of Prey is also in the works now. Who knows if that will be part of the DCEU but their order of doing things is all kinds of fucked up. lol

I read the other day that for the Birds movie's Black Canary they are exclusively auditioning black actresses, names like Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Jurnee Smolett-Bell are apparently the studios top choices.

Meanwhile Margaret Qualley, Cristin Milioti and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are their Huntress choices at the moment.

Then there will be the latina, lesbian, Gotham detective Renee Montoya and names like Justina Machado and Roberta Colindrez are in the mix.

Oh and Batgirl aka Cassandra Cain will be a twelve year old Asian.

Based on this news, Birds of Prey is definitely shaping up to be the film I've been imaging for the last twenty years as we all know now that source material is irrelevant, you can cherry pick whatever you like and sell it with the name anyways. Yay DC!!! Rolling Eyes
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/25/2018, 12:25 pm

Exclusively auditioning black actresses? That’s racist. I’ll be boycotting that.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/25/2018, 1:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:Exclusively auditioning black actresses? That’s racist. I’ll be boycotting that.

I blame the New 52 which was a short lived and failed experiment of its own but ever since then, this has been a very common recurring theme in comic adaptations from movies to tv and it happens virtually every time but remember Joey it's only racist when the casting is white. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/25/2018, 4:45 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I hear Birds of Prey is also in the works now. Who knows if that will be part of the DCEU but their order of doing things is all kinds of fucked up. lol

I read the other day that for the Birds movie's Black Canary they are exclusively auditioning black actresses, names like Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Jurnee Smolett-Bell are apparently the studios top choices.

Meanwhile Margaret Qualley, Cristin Milioti and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are their Huntress choices at the moment.

Then there will be the latina, lesbian, Gotham detective Renee Montoya and names like Justina Machado and Roberta Colindrez are in the mix.

Oh and Batgirl aka Cassandra Cain will be a twelve year old Asian.

Based on this news, Birds of Prey is definitely shaping up to be the film I've been imaging for the last twenty years as we all know now that source material is irrelevant, you can cherry pick whatever you like and sell it with the name anyways. Yay DC!!! Rolling Eyes

joey con carne wrote:Exclusively auditioning black actresses? That’s racist. I’ll be boycotting that.

Guys, what are you talking about? This is a sure WINNER! Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/25/2018, 6:06 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Guys, what are you talking about? This is a sure WINNER! Razz

Studios are operating under the Wesley Snipes Passenger 57 Rule "Always bet on black!" and they're really taking it to heart.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 9/26/2018, 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/25/2018, 6:51 pm

I'm going on a hunger strike between meals to protest this racist garbage. I will not be eating for the next 15 hours until lunch. Then I will go back on my strike until dinner. Tomorrow will be extra difficult because I might be eating dinner earlier than usual. Wish me luck, guys.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2018, 5:29 am

joey con carne wrote:I'm going on a hunger strike between meals to protest this racist garbage. I will not be eating for the next 15 hours until lunch. Then I will go back on my strike until dinner. Tomorrow will be extra difficult because I might be eating dinner earlier than usual. Wish me luck, guys.

I can't believe we have to sit through another white male Joker, come on guys it's 2018, wasn't Zendaya available or maybe she's too busy being the new Mary Jane Watson because redhead lives don't matter but either way, another oppressive white male in a leading role? Uhhhhh, nobody wants that.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2018, 3:40 pm

Welp, two of the Birds have officially been cast and they are names I mentioned before.

Mary Elizabeth Homewrecker is Huntress and Jurnee Smollett-Bell is Black Canary. Rolling Eyes
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/26/2018, 4:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Welp, two of the Birds have officially been cast and they are names I mentioned before.

Mary Elizabeth Homewrecker is Huntress and Jurnee Smollett-Bell is Black Canary. Rolling Eyes

LOL! Full steam ahead, there is no stopping this train.................wreck. Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2018, 6:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Welp, two of the Birds have officially been cast and they are names I mentioned before.

LOL! Full steam ahead, there is no stopping this train.................wreck. Razz

I can't wait to not watch that movie too!!!!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/26/2018, 8:39 pm

They got me with MEW. As Huntress. Mmmmmm.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/27/2018, 6:59 am

Tyger wrote:They got me with MEW. As Huntress. Mmmmmm.

Of course they did.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2018, 8:14 am

Got another horrible casting update for Birds, 54 year old helium queen Rosie Perez...... Razz Razz Razz Razz

Academy Award nominee Rosie Perez has been cast as Renee Montoya and will join Harley Quinn’s girl gang in the Margot Robbie film “Birds of Prey,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Montoya is a detective working for the Gotham City Police Department. Montoya is openly gay, and during The New 52 comics she took on a costumed identity, becoming the Question. The female superhero team-up film will be released on Feb. 7, 2020. Perez joins Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Mary Elizabeth Winstead who have been cast as Black Canary and Huntress.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2019, 8:12 am

Community
Hunters
Suburra: Blood on Rome
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/3/2019, 12:25 pm

I don't know, looks good but is nothing like DC's Joker.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2019, 1:21 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't know, looks good but is nothing like DC's Joker.

It looks like a Scorsese film about a man slowly plunging into madness before he goes on a killing spree. So it looks a lot like Scorses's movies of the 70's, which also starred DeNiro.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/3/2019, 5:24 pm

That’s a good take on it, doesn’t seem like the Joker though.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/3/2019, 6:51 pm

Reminds me, tonally, of the Joker Scott Snyder created in his Batman run when he gave him a new origin story.

I think it looks great.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2019, 7:50 pm

Tyger wrote:That’s a good take on it, doesn’t seem like the Joker though.

It definitely felt more like Mean Streets and Taxi Driver, with some King of Comedy thrown in, that's what I was seeing and then I remembered it was supposed to be a Joker film. It's a standalone film which seems like it's going to spend two hours showing him getting his ass kicked while he knocks around his apartment in tidy whiteys slowly going crazier before he pulls off an eventual subway massacre just as the end credits roll.

As with all Marty films, I will eventually see it but I don't know if this is really the one I've been waiting for.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next