BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
joey con carne
ForeverBlu
6 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 16 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 2/9/2018, 4:42 pm

joey con carne wrote:Insulation was done back in December. It is not expensive and takes a few hours to put in all the insulation. Drywall is another story. That's more complicated because you have to measure for outlets and cut openings for them. To drywall my house, first floor and basement, took about a week. It was done in large chunks. First floor took about three days. Basement took about another three days. Give or take.

You thinking about renovating? Make sure you get good and reliable people.

I broke so many drywall sheets my first time hanging it, I kept getting frustrated with the cuts and breaking them in half, shockingly, that did not help my project.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/9/2018, 7:40 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Insulation was done back in December. It is not expensive and takes a few hours to put in all the insulation. Drywall is another story. That's more complicated because you have to measure for outlets and cut openings for them. To drywall my house, first floor and basement, took about a week. It was done in large chunks. First floor took about three days. Basement took about another three days. Give or take.

I broke so many drywall sheets my first time hanging it, I kept getting frustrated with the cuts and breaking them in half, shockingly, that did not help my project.

I remember re-walling half of my parents old house, inlucding the cieling.

Pretty straight forward, however I had the benefit of spending my entire adult work life on building sites, so I had seen it done 1000 times.

What got us was the cornice, and more specifically, cutting it at the corner. We kept getting the angle wrong for the two pieces to butt together, or got the right angle, but cut it the wrong way Laughing every single time.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/9/2018, 9:30 pm

Reading both you's guys' posts makes me feel better. You guys are way more experienced than me and I'm glad to know you guys struggled a bit when you first started out. Yea, I fucked up a few times but the guys there were patient and showed me what I was doing wrong and helped me out. I learned a lot.

I am by no means a DIY guy and no amount of watching HGTV or DIY channel shows will help me, or anyone, become experts. I thought i would be fine after watching videos and youtube. There's a lot of shit in construction which looks easy but when you start doing it, you realize you don't know shit.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/9/2018, 10:39 pm

I'm just not sure if there is insulation and wondering about the drywall process. House was built in the 60s. But for now, just gonna replace some windows for the whole house but not doing it myself.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/9/2018, 10:47 pm

One easy way you can tell if there is insulation behind a wall is to simply knock on the wall. If it sounds hollow, there's nothing in there. If it sounds solid, and you know it's drywall, then chances are there is something in the wall.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/11/2018, 8:25 am

HOLY FUCK

I just had a bout with some really bad food poisoning. Spoilers for people who don't like TMI.

Spoiler:

And that was my weekend adventure. Ugh.

I got to episode 7 of Altered Carbon but I was just getting annoyed at sounds and lights so I had to stop. I will be finishing the final three episodes today. I'm pretty intrigued but I still don't know what some of the terms mean. I'll ask in the thread after I'm done. Woot woot
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2018, 8:33 am

joey con carne wrote:HOLY FUCK

I just had a bout with some really bad food poisoning. Spoilers for people who don't like TMI.

And that was my weekend adventure. Ugh.

The hell did you eat, Indian food?

Times like that are when Pepto and Cannabis are your beeeeeeeeeeest friends.

I'm currently watching Knightfall, a new A&E series that just finished it's first season about the fall of the Knights Templar in 1307 when thousands of Templar were rounded up, imprisoned and burned at the stake. You all know how excited I get watching Christians die on my tv so I'm preeeetty excited by this one.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil WE DON'T NEED NO WATER LET THOSE BIBLE BITCHES BURN!!!!!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/11/2018, 11:18 am

joey con carne wrote:One easy way you can tell if there is insulation behind a wall is to simply knock on the wall. If it sounds hollow, there's nothing in there. If it sounds solid, and you know it's drywall, then chances are there is something in the wall.

Insulation is only on the perimeter of the house, right? Not between bedrooms and such?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/11/2018, 11:52 am

Well, you might want to insulate the bathrooms. Learn from my mistake.

You should look into how to insulate the pipes or walls of the bathrooms. It will make the bathrooms much more quiet. If you're showering or flushing the toilet, it can be pretty loud if your walls are bare. Look into it. I promise you won't regret that.

But yes, mostly, insulation is around the perimeter of the house, basement, and roof to prevent heat from escaping.

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2018, 11:59 am

joey con carne wrote:Well, you might want to insulate the bathrooms. Learn from my mistake.

You should look into how to insulate the pipes or walls of the bathrooms. It will make the bathrooms much more quiet. If you're showering or flushing the toilet, it can be pretty loud if your walls are bare. Look into it. I promise you won't regret that.

But yes, mostly, insulation is around the perimeter of the house, basement, and roof to prevent heat from escaping.

As I've done projects through my home, I've insulated several walls that never had anything at the time of building and as a result I've found my home becoming much warmer and more sound proofed as I've gone along with it in the bathrooms and bedrooms. As Joey says though, it's not really necessary in the interior walls and I only did it in the areas I was already doing other work, cause I'm not in the habit of gutting things that still work.

The building codes really do depend on where you live though and can fluctuate.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/11/2018, 12:08 pm

I agree with Wylde. If you're opening up walls, you definitely want to consider insulating them. Insulation isn't expensive and it's not a lot of labor to install. As Wylde mentioned, you might not want to tear down walls which are not being replaced.

And definitely check your building codes if you are getting permits for your work.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2018, 12:16 pm

joey con carne wrote:I agree with Wylde. If you're opening up walls, you definitely want to consider insulating them. Insulation isn't expensive and it's not a lot of labor to install. As Wylde mentioned, you might not want to tear down walls which are not being replaced.

And definitely check your building codes if you are getting permits for your work.

Until I started opening walls, I didn't realize how bare my house really was. When I first moved in my bedroom was so cold, I piled blankets and ran a portable heater most of the time but after I insulated it, it's now the warmest room of the house and usually requires very little work to keep it comfortable.

Nothing worse in a project than completing a build only to be told you gotta tear it all back out at a later date because of a permitting issue. Not really an issue with insulation but you'd be surprised how many times a piece of paper like a permit can totally fuck you over.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/12/2018, 8:34 am

Well folks, I just concluded with my ten episode binge of Knightfall which I began yesterday morning and I must say that at about episode three I was pretty much hate watching it.

I am lenient with the way Michael Hirst plays with history on Vikings because his solo writing of the entire series is so compelling and the characters are so strong that you allow him to craft his vision.

However, Knightfall has a dozen writers and weak characters and the way they play with historical facts are so loose that it was just too much to be an enjoyable series IMO.

Not only that but nobody burned any Christians...............I was sold a house of lies!!!!!!

Thanks a lot, Jeremy Renner. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/12/2018, 9:28 am

joey con carne wrote:Well, you might want to insulate the bathrooms. Learn from my mistake.

Bathroom will need to be done completely eventually, might be joining 2 bathrooms to make one big bathroom. Will check on insulation then.

WyldeMan wrote:As I've done projects through my home, I've insulated several walls that never had anything at the time of building and as a result I've found my home becoming much warmer and more sound proofed as I've gone along with it in the bathrooms and bedrooms. As Joey says though, it's not really necessary in the interior walls and I only did it in the areas I was already doing other work, cause I'm not in the habit of gutting things that still work.

The building codes really do depend on where you live though and can fluctuate.
joey con carne wrote:I agree with Wylde. If you're opening up walls, you definitely want to consider insulating them. Insulation isn't expensive and it's not a lot of labor to install. As Wylde mentioned, you might not want to tear down walls which are not being replaced.

WyldeMan wrote:Until I started opening walls, I didn't realize how bare my house really was. When I first moved in my bedroom was so cold, I piled blankets and ran a portable heater most of the time but after I insulated it, it's now the warmest room of the house and usually requires very little work to keep it comfortable.

Nothing worse in a project than completing a build only to be told you gotta tear it all back out at a later date because of a permitting issue. Not really an issue with insulation but you'd be surprised how many times a piece of paper like a permit can totally fuck you over.

You have to get permits to do work on your own house? And how do you check building codes?

I'm tearing the basement apart in Spring. Basement has one of those bare wood walls and I hate it, I prefer drywall. Ceiling will be cardboard tiles, easier access if something needs fixing or wire management.

WyldeMan wrote:Not only that but nobody burned any Christians...............I was sold a house of lies!!!!!!

This is the ONLY reason you didn't like it, lets be honest.  Razz

WyldeMan wrote:Thanks a lot, Jeremy Renner. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Renner is in it?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/12/2018, 10:04 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Bathroom will need to be done completely eventually, might be joining 2 bathrooms to make one big bathroom. Will check on insulation then.

You have to get permits to do work on your own house? And how do you check building codes?

Well it's more about if you have un-permitted work in your home, if you ever plan to sell it, you will have to tear everything out first. Imagine remodeling your bathroom, spending thousands and then in a few years having to destroy your work and losing all that value just because of a piece of paper. I've seen some really great home remodels that weren't permitted that had to be gutted and all the value knocked off the home before it could be sold. They claim it's for safety reasons but really it's so the city can collect on the fees. People were building their own homes for thousands of years without permits just fine but now if you want a nicer bathroom in your home, you gotta pay for the privilege granted by your city, even if you own the land and the home on it. They will be getting theirs before you get yours because it's the American way.

UltimateMarvel wrote:This is the ONLY reason you didn't like it, lets be honest.  Razz

Renner is in it?

Well it's a really creappy show AND also they didn't burn the Christians like they promised all season long...... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  

Nope, he developed and really pushed to get it made through his production company, so I hold him personally responsible for all of it's failings.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/12/2018, 2:08 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You have to get permits to do work on your own house? And how do you check building codes?

I'm tearing the basement apart in Spring. Basement has one of those bare wood walls and I hate it, I prefer drywall. Ceiling will be cardboard tiles, easier access if something needs fixing or wire management.

In NY, yes, you need permits for several different things. I had to get permits for general construction, electrical, and plumbing. General construction included renovating the entire kitchen, adding insulation, renovating two bathrooms. Plumbing was for upgrading water lines and bathrooms, and electrical was rewiring the entire house.

There was so much shoddy work in my house from the previous owners we had to get it all redone to make it safe. There were wires and shit everywhere. The wires in the walls were a freakin' mess. And the plumbing and heating was stupid. They had three-quarter inch pipes coming out of the boiler, water heater, cold water, and then had half inch pipes going to the heating and faucets. How stupid can you be? So we changed out all the pipes to three-quarter inch pipes. The heat in the house now is ridiculously warm we have to turn the heat down to 62 and it keeps us plenty warm. And the water pressure.... holy fuck. We can't turn on the faucets all the way in the bathrooms because the force of the water causes splashing like nothing I've ever seen. We gotta do like 50% power. I freakin' love it.

When we applied for permits, we had to provide architectural drawings. But because we were not doing anything to the structure of the house (like removing load-bearing walls) we just had a draftsman draw up some basic things to satisfy the town. It's bullshit. Why the hell do I have to get permission to do shit to my own house? Wylde said it best. It's all about the cash. Fuckers.

When the inspector came by, I was being a fucking douche and asking him like "Do I need a permit to fix my garage door? It's not set properly on the track. Do I need a permit to do basic gardening like planting flowers? Do I need to get permits to change my door? Do I need permits to paint my garage?" I was asking the dumbest motherfucking questions in the world. If he asked why I was asking about that I was gonna say "Because it seems like I need a permit to wipe my own ass in my own home. I just want to make sure."

Fucking assholes.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/12/2018, 3:50 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Well folks, I just concluded with my ten episode binge of Knightfall which I began yesterday morning and I must say that at about episode three I was pretty much hate watching it.

I am lenient with the way Michael Hirst plays with history on Vikings because his solo writing of the entire series is so compelling and the characters are so strong that you allow him to craft his vision.

However, Knightfall has a dozen writers and weak characters and the way they play with historical facts are so loose that it was just too much to be an enjoyable series IMO.

Not only that but nobody burned any Christians...............I was sold a house of lies!!!!!!

Thanks a lot, Jeremy Renner. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I knew it would suck. Pretty sure I said as much in the dedicated thread. Everyone spoke English in the trailer. Authenticity was not what they were going for.

Best on screen anything Templar related has been Arn: Tempelriddaren (The Knight Templar), although it's really about one person (Arn), and his journey, not the Templars in general.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/12/2018, 6:24 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-baltimore-detectives-convicted-racketeering-robbery-224948008.html

Seven cops in Baltimare, MD are under investigation for some serious Street Kings shit. Two were convicted today.

Bad cops in Baltimore? No way!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Baltimore is a city in Maryland, USA and large portions of that city are just shitholes. I'm talking blocks and blocks and blocks of buildings just boarded up and abandoned.

These cops better hope they get solitary because in general population, they are as good as dead.

My bro drove through there once by accident after making a right turn at Albuquerque. He told one of his friends who promptly asked my brother "Are you out of your god damn mind?"
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/12/2018, 6:44 pm

joey con carne wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-baltimore-detectives-convicted-racketeering-robbery-224948008.html

Seven cops in Baltimare, MD are under investigation for some serious Street Kings shit. Two were convicted today.

Bad cops in Baltimore? No way!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Baltimore is a city in Maryland, USA and large portions of that city are just shitholes. I'm talking blocks and blocks and blocks of buildings just boarded up and abandoned.

These cops better hope they get solitary because in general population, they are as good as dead.

My bro drove through there once by accident after making a right turn at Albuquerque. He told one of his friends who promptly asked my brother "Are you out of your god damn mind?"

The Wire. That's all that needs to be said. Also, pray you don't end up in Leakin Park.

Also, speaking of US cops, 6 cops in the US have been murdered whilst on duty in the past 7 days.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/12/2018, 9:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:In NY, yes, you need permits for several different things. I had to get permits for general construction, electrical, and plumbing. General construction included renovating the entire kitchen, adding insulation, renovating two bathrooms. Plumbing was for upgrading water lines and bathrooms, and electrical was rewiring the entire house.

There was so much shoddy work in my house from the previous owners we had to get it all redone to make it safe. There were wires and shit everywhere. The wires in the walls were a freakin' mess. And the plumbing and heating was stupid. They had three-quarter inch pipes coming out of the boiler, water heater, cold water, and then had half inch pipes going to the heating and faucets. How stupid can you be? So we changed out all the pipes to three-quarter inch pipes. The heat in the house now is ridiculously warm we have to turn the heat down to 62 and it keeps us plenty warm. And the water pressure.... holy fuck. We can't turn on the faucets all the way in the bathrooms because the force of the water causes splashing like nothing I've ever seen. We gotta do like 50% power. I freakin' love it.

When we applied for permits, we had to provide architectural drawings. But because we were not doing anything to the structure of the house (like removing load-bearing walls) we just had a draftsman draw up some basic things to satisfy the town. It's bullshit. Why the hell do I have to get permission to do shit to my own house? Wylde said it best. It's all about the cash. Fuckers.

When the inspector came by, I was being a fucking douche and asking him like "Do I need a permit to fix my garage door? It's not set properly on the track. Do I need a permit to do basic gardening like planting flowers? Do I need to get permits to change my door? Do I need permits to paint my garage?" I was asking the dumbest motherfucking questions in the world. If he asked why I was asking about that I was gonna say "Because it seems like I need a permit to wipe my own ass in my own home. I just want to make sure."

Fucking assholes.

Wow! You definitely asked the right questions, this is ridiculous. Maybe permits are different in Ohio, who knows. I hope you don't need permits here. I already changed all the electric outlets in the house but will need to call an electrician to change outlets from 2 without ground to 3. I don't trust the grounded outlets either, it looks like they attached the ground wire to the electric socket. It says it's grounded but I don't think that's proper wiring from other methods I've seen.

The water pressure in this house could use an improvement, how do you fix this?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/13/2018, 6:15 am

Rusty wrote:The Wire. That's all that needs to be said. Also, pray you don't end up in Leakin Park.

Also, speaking of US cops, 6 cops in the US have been murdered whilst on duty in the past 7 days.

Every time I hear about Bmore, I think of The Wire and those vacants....

"He went up the block but he ain't come back"
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/13/2018, 3:47 pm

Teenage Olympic Snowboarder Says He Overslept After ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Binge, Still Won Gold Medal

Random Thoughts - Page 16 Gerard10
The night before 17-year-old Red Gerard became the youngest American man to win gold at the Olympics in 90 years, he was binging “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”

According to a Yahoo News profile of the athlete, who took home the gold in men’s snowboard slopestyle in Pyeongchang, South Korea on Sunday, Gerard overslept the morning of his event because he was up late hanging out with his teammate Kyle Mack, binging the Fox police comedy.

“Gerard was supposed to get up at 6 a.m. At 6:20, Mack said, ‘Red, you out of bed yet?’ He wasn’t,” Yahoo’s Jeff Passan wrote. “Eventually, he rolled out, grabbed an egg sandwich with ham, avocado and cheese, panicked that he couldn’t find his puffy jacket, borrowed Mack’s and headed to the hill, where his future awaited him.”

And Gerard isn’t the only Olympian fan of the show. In an interview ahead of the games, figure skate Mirai Nagasu — who recently became the first U.S. woman to land a triple axel at the Olympics — gave “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” her own shoutout.

“During these times of pressure and stress, I find that comedy really helps get me through it, and that is a funny show, so I’d definitely recommend it,” she said.

In an statement to Yahoo, showrunner Dan Goor said he was “incredibly flattered and excited” to hear that the athletes are fans of the show, including an invitation for Gerard and Nagasu to appear on the show as themselves.

“First of all, we’re all huge fans of both of them (and any other Olympian who watches the show, irrespective of sport or national team, but mostly we are fans of them because they are amazing),” he said. “Secondly, I would love to do an episode where Jake Peralta and Mirai Nagasu chase an archvillain across a frozen-over parking lot, and just when he thinks he’s gotten away, Red Gerard and Charles Boyle snowboard out of nowhere and take him down.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/13/2018, 4:11 pm

That's awesome! lol It's nice of them to invite him to the show too, he deserves it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/14/2018, 8:34 pm

As you have all probably heard, there was another school shooting with 17 dead. I read this is the 18th one this year.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/14/2018, 8:46 pm

joey con carne wrote:As you have all probably heard, there was another school shooting with 17 dead. I read this is the 18th one this year.

Yeah in Florida.

I realise this will fill columns and the gun debate will be front and centre, but I have to ask ... are people in the US not concerned with why so many, especially teenagers, feel the need to walk into their school and mass murder people at random?

Seems to me like a more important debate rather than whether people can own guns or not.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/14/2018, 8:56 pm

I agree it's important but, unfortunately, figuring out whatever is broken is no use because they can't be fixed. You can't stop people from getting guns, either. There is no solution. These shootings will keep happening. Nothing will change.

There will be another mass shooting soon and everyone will forget about this one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/14/2018, 10:04 pm

I was wondering if you guys might be able to tell me which movie this gif is from. It looks hilarious.

Random Thoughts - Page 16 JXrH7jw
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/14/2018, 10:44 pm

I googled Peter Dinklage eyepatch and it tells me it's from Penelope starring Christina Ricci
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/14/2018, 11:23 pm

Cool. Thanks for that.

Why the hell didn't I just do that, too?

Looks like I'll be looking up that movie.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/15/2018, 12:20 am

And my place has a power blackout.

Fuck blackouts. it’s hot, and unlike some newly restored residences in Long Island, I have zero insulation. So it’s extra hot inside.

Fuck.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/15/2018, 12:47 am

Razz
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/15/2018, 1:12 am

joey con carne wrote:Razz
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/15/2018, 5:42 am

Rusty wrote:I realise this will fill columns and the gun debate will be front and centre, but I have to ask ... are people in the US not concerned with why so many, especially teenagers, feel the need to walk into their school and mass murder people at random?

Seems to me like a more important debate rather than whether people can own guns or not.

Ahmuricans only care when they're being told what they can't do. We are all more bothered by the fact that they say we can't each have our own school shooting if we chose, much more so than whether or not people should have guns. We've been having annual school shooting tours since '99, Columbine pretty much set the precedent for desensitization and we just never recovered as a people.

Like Joey said, next week there will be another one and we'll just forget about this one.

Rusty wrote:And my place has a power blackout.

Fuck blackouts. it’s hot, and unlike some newly restored residences in Long Island, I have zero insulation. So it’s extra hot inside.

Fuck.

Yesterday was out first snow of the year and I lost power for three hours.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/15/2018, 2:55 pm

I got a BDTV newsletter last night. It includes trending topics and shit. Wylde, did you send it out or was it automatic? First time I ever got it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/15/2018, 4:56 pm

I think there needs to be one officer in every school with a weapon. When something happens, they can immediately neutralize the threat. Unless the shooter starts with the officer, in which case someone else can pick up the weapon and use it instead.......hopefully someone that's been to a range. I can't imagine being still in a situation like that, to be ready to end a life even though you'll be saving lives ultimately.

I thought about my little brother when I heard about this yesterday, he's in high school and I've been meaning to have a talk with him if something like this happens. But I have no idea what to tell him aside from run the opposite direction from where the sound is coming from.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/15/2018, 5:11 pm

joey con carne wrote:I got a BDTV newsletter last night. It includes trending topics and shit. Wylde, did you send it out or was it automatic? First time I ever got it.

Yeah I got the same thing.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/16/2018, 4:16 am

Rusty wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I got a BDTV newsletter last night. It includes trending topics and shit. Wylde, did you send it out or was it automatic? First time I ever got it.

Yeah I got the same thing.

Random Thoughts - Page 16 Raw
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/16/2018, 11:41 am

Robert Mueller charges over a dozen Russian nationals with interfering in 2016 election
Random Thoughts - Page 16 Illo-r10
Special counsel Robert Mueller's office has charged more than a dozen Russian nationals with violating U.S. criminal laws in order to interfere with the 2016 election, the Department of Justice said on Friday.

A federal grand jury in the District of Columbia indicted 13 Russians and three Russian entities and charged them with trying to sway the election in favor of President Trump, according to court documents.

“The indictment alleges that the Russian conspirators want to promote discord in the United States and undermine public confidence in democracy,” deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein said Friday. “We must not allow them to succeed.”

The indictment was sought through Mueller, who has been tasked with investigating Moscow’s efforts to interfere in the election and any possible ties to the Trump campaign.

“Defendants' operations included supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaging Hillary Clinton,” according to the indictment.

Trump, despite the conclusions of the U.S. intelligence community, has repeatedly cast doubt on whether Russia attempted influence on the election.

But the efforts of the foreign “organization” in the indictment date to at least 2014.

“The defendants allegedly conducted what they called information warfare against the United States with the stated goal of spreading distrust towards the candidates and the political system in general,” Rosenstein said.

The suspects named in the court papers studied social media habits and how platforms could be used to influence public opinion.

They spent thousands of dollars on online advertisements and social media sites to promote Facebook and Instagram groups that covered a range of hot-button issues.

The groups included “Secured Borders,” “Blacktivist,” “United Muslims of America” and “Army of Jesus.”

They also paid for ads “expressly advocating for the election of then-candidate-Trump or expressly opposing Clinton.”

After the election, the defendants allegedly staged competing pro- and anti-Trump rallies, including some in New York, Rosenstein said.

“For example, the defendants organized one rally to support the president elect and another rally to oppose him. Both in New York on the same day,” he said.

The indictment charges a notorious Russian state-backed “troll farm” known as the so-called Internet Research Agency with sowing discord during the 2016 election.

The company used Russian bots to spread fake news and pro-Trump propaganda on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, according to court papers.

Among the defendants is Russian businessman Yevgeniy Viktorovich Prigozhin, who is accused of using his companies, Concord Management and Consulting LLC and Concord Catering, to fund the IRA’s work.

Prigozhin is a Russian businessman who’s been dubbed “Putin’s chef” by Russian media, because his restaurants and catering business host dinners between Putin and foreign officials.

Some of the defendants are charged with posing as Americans and made contact with Trump campaign officials, according to court documents.

“Some Defendants, posing as U.S. persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump Campaign and with other political activists to seek to coordinate political activities.”

According to the Justice Department, “the indictment charges all of the defendants with conspiracy to defraud the United States, three defendants with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud, and five defendants with aggravated identity theft.”

Rosenstein said the indictment does not include allegations that the plot swayed the outcome of the vote.

He added that no allegation in the indictment that any American had any knowledge of the nature of the scheme.

Rosenstein said that U.S. officials have had no communication with Russia regarding the indictments.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/16/2018, 4:58 pm

Trump is the President. He's got three more years to go. He is not going to be impeached. He will not be removed from office due to "Russian tampering".

People need to let it go. Just let it go. Trump won. It's time to accept it.

These guys are the some of the biggest sore losers I've ever seen.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/16/2018, 5:23 pm

joey con carne wrote:Trump is the President. He's got three more years to go. He is not going to be impeached. He will not be removed from office due to "Russian tampering".

People need to let it go. Just let it go. Trump won. It's time to accept it.

These guys are the some of the biggest sore losers I've ever seen.

It's funny how different everyone thinks they are. The pettiness both sides show in defeat is fucking hilarious.

The people carrying on with this Russian shit will never stop, and are no different than the Republicans that spent Obama's entire Presidency crying over his birth certificate.

Fucking idiots have no idea how alike they really are.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/16/2018, 5:24 pm

joey con carne wrote:Trump is the President. He's got three more years to go. He is not going to be impeached. He will not be removed from office due to "Russian tampering".

He eats KFC and McDinalds in his bed erryday and he refuses to exercise cause it "drains his life battery", you really think that fat orange fucks heart has three more years on it?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/16/2018, 5:44 pm

What's funny is, if you read the above article, all you can take away from it is some  Russian nationals said a bunch of bullshit on social media. Nothing that 90% of the population doesn't do all day every day as they propagate their clueless opinions and try and turn them into fact - whether it be politics, gun laws, health issues, racial issues, and the list goes on - for no other reason than it's what makes them feel good, and they're fucking dumb.

No way Trump gets impeached, for anything. Even Clinton's impeachment was eventually acquitted. Whilst it's a great spectacle for politicians to pretend to the public that they're doing something, then end result will always be acquittal, because not a single one of them, regardless of party, ever wants to be truly held accountable. There's far too much personal gain for all involved at stake.

They may yell at each other across the table, but they're all playing footsies underneath.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/17/2018, 7:07 am

Stormy Daniels is pulling the Lewinsky on Trump. She's still got the dress from 2006 in "pristine condition" aka soiled by Trump and plans to have it forensically tested.

Also, another report was published yesterday about another Playmate from 2006 he also paid for sex.

Melanie is going to stab him to death before anything else cause everyday she's looking more humiliated and pissed off and ready to act.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/17/2018, 3:03 pm

Deputies called to suspected shooter’s home 39 times over seven years
Random Thoughts - Page 16 Florid10

Before Nikolas Cruz carried out his mass killing at a Florida high school this week, police responded to his home 39 times over a seven-year period, according to disturbing new documents.

Details about the calls to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office — obtained from police records by CNN — were not immediately available and it was impossible to determine if all involved Cruz.

But the nature of the emergencies at his Parkland home included “mentally ill person,” “child/elderly abuse,” “domestic disturbance” and “missing person,” KTLA reported.

And a schoolmate, Brody Speno, told the network that cops were called to Cruz’s home “almost every other week.”

“Something wasn’t right about him,” Speno told CNN. “He was off.”

Speno said he knew Cruz from elementary school and described him as “an evil kid” who was “always getting in trouble.”

Cruz — who posted images of himself on Instagram posing with guns and kniveshas confessed to killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland and made an alarming online comment about a recent mass shooting.

“Man I can do so much better,” he wrote.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/17/2018, 5:05 pm

The media is working overtime in absurdity over this shooting.

The news is constantly harping on a post on a youtube video where someone said something about being a professional school shooter. The FBI investigated it but could never determine who wrote it. However, the media keeps reporting that piece of information even though no one, not even the FBI, could tie that comment to Nicholas Cruz. It's the height of shit reporting.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next