Random Thoughts

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan on 8/29/2017, 1:11 pm

@ForeverBlu wrote:What's  with these Straight Out of Compton folks?

The details on Jason's detainment make him look even more like an asshole after you realize everything that happened was due to his own incompetence.  Rolling Eyes

Mitchell was detained, handcuffed and arrested by police before being offloaded from a Delta Airlines flight after becoming violent and verbally abusive towards staff and passengers. Mitchell had missed his original flight (booked in First Class) and was consequently then placed on standby for a later flight in Economy (Delta Comfort+), which he boarded, though seemingly not having properly understood the fact that his seat on the rebooked standby flight was no longer in the same class of travel as his original, missed flight. Delta Airlines has since issued a public statement advising it has declined to press charges, but explaining that the incident was nonetheless of no fault whatsoever of the airline.

@joey con carne wrote:Melania showed up wearing some dope-ass high heels which probably cost more than a month of my salary. Clearly, she is there to help and lend support to those in dire straits.

When you throw sandbags in heavy flooding areas it's best to wear shoes that allow you to really dig in so the water doesn't sweep you away. FACT.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/29/2017, 5:05 pm

I got the job that I interviewed for guys. It's a contract job for 6 months though so hopefully I get an extended offer after that but if not then that's ok too.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 8/29/2017, 5:18 pm

Have you figured out what you're going to be doing? I wanted to ask you how you managed to interview for a job for which you did not know the function.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 8/29/2017, 5:51 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I got the job that I interviewed for guys. It's a contract job for 6 months though so hopefully I get an extended offer after that but if not then that's ok too.

Nicely done, mate. Congrats.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/29/2017, 7:34 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Have you figured out what you're going to be doing? I wanted to ask you how you managed to interview for a job for which you did not know the function.

I found it through my school and it only said IT. They didn't list the job responsibilities. Basically as a Security Associate your job is to diagnose and test equipment and fix issues in their programming if there are any. It's how my supervisor described it to me. Most of what he explained seems easy enough and something I've done in school or researched myself. Anyway, worst case is..............I mess up their equipment beyond repair. Razz

@Rusty wrote:Nicely done, mate. Congrats.

Thanks! I'm surprised they hired me. lol The interviews I don't think I nailed usually turn out positive but the ones I think I did good on I am rejected. It's hard not to take rejection letters personally to some degree but.......FUCK YOU!

Beers on me guys! And by beers I mean water so get a cup and get yourself some tap water and know it's on me. lol!
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 8/29/2017, 9:55 pm

Congrats, dude.

I'm gonna watch a horror movie on mute to celebrate your good fortune. jocolor
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/30/2017, 6:53 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Anyway, worst case is..............I mess up their equipment beyond repair. Razz 

Like Silicon Valley's "The Carver". Razz
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/30/2017, 3:17 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Anyway, worst case is..............I mess up their equipment beyond repair. Razz 

LOL! It's entirely possible. OR.........I could do nothing and get paid like Big Head.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/30/2017, 3:27 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:

LOL! It's entirely possible. OR.........I could do nothing and get paid like Big Head.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/2/2017, 2:30 pm

Garcetti: Wildfire Largest ‘in L.A. City History’
A Los Angeles wildfire is that Mayor Eric Garcetti calls “the largest by acreage in the city’s history” is raging perilously close to the Burbank Media District, where AMC Cinemas has 30 screens in three locations. The 5,000 acre La Tuna fire is blazing through the San Fernando Valley’s Verdugo mountains, driven by dry temperatures in the triple digits.

A spokesman for AMC said there have been no closures. While the fire is burning on the outskirts of the Burbank studio district — home to Warner Brothers, Universal and Disney — so far those locations in the southernmost Burbank are not endangered, merely inconvenienced by smoke.

Homeowners — many of them industry workers — are not so lucky. Mandatory evacuation orders have been issued for roughly 600 homes in the neighborhoods of Sunland/Tujunga, Burbank and Glendale, with many others recommended to leave or be prepared to leave.

As of Saturday afternoon the fire blanketing 8 square miles was only 10 percent contained. Winds of 10-15 miles per hour, compounded by an abundance of brush area stoked by 30-years of fuel was exacerbating the situation for firefighters.

Mayor Eric Garcetti tweeted Saturday writing that it is the largest fire by acreage in the city’s history.

Thus far, no injuries have been reported. The blaze started at approximately around 1:30 p.m. PT local Friday, alongside the 210 Freeway, near La Tuna Canyon Road. Now burning on both sides of the thoroughfare, the fire has resulted in closure of a 12-mile stretch, causing holiday travel detours.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/4/2017, 2:14 pm

Lil Wayne went and had another seizure this weekend. I'm sure it's really Epilepsy and not at all related to his love of Lean. LOL.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/4/2017, 5:26 pm

Is Lean now another word for Seesurp?
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/4/2017, 8:14 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Is Lean now another word for Seesurp?

Yup, same with Double Cup.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/4/2017, 8:33 pm

Damn. I never heard of any of these terms before. I'm not "down" with the cool kids anymore.

Hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend. I went out to Allentown, Pennsylvania. Was going to go to Hershey Park but it was raining so we just hung around the town. Went to Bethlehem and Lehigh something.

Also, drove 45 minutes to go to Bojangles and have their biscuits and gravy. Worth the drive!!! Haven't had Bo since maybe 2007. Oh yea!!!

It's BO time!!!
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/5/2017, 3:51 pm

Hurricane Irma on the way. Wonder how far into the northeast it will go, reaching Florida on Sunday.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/5/2017, 3:52 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Hurricane Irma on the way. Wonder how far into the northeast it will go, reaching Florida on Sunday.

The west coast is burning and I've got ash raining down all over my home while the east coast is drowning.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/5/2017, 7:27 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Hurricane Irma on the way. Wonder how far into the northeast it will go, reaching Florida on Sunday.

The west coast is burning and I've got ash raining down all over my home while the east coast is drowning.

Why does it feel like the end of the world? I'M NOT READY! Razz
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/5/2017, 8:08 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Why does it feel like the end of the world? I'M NOT READY! Razz

Check out this weather tracker in real time mapping all the fires across the country. When I zoom into my area it's all waves of ash and smoke, pretty damn accurate to what I actually see. I can't open my windows because the ash is coming through my screens and my cars are heavily dusted in it.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/5/2017, 10:07 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Why does it feel like the end of the world? I'M NOT READY! Razz

Check out this weather tracker in real time mapping all the fires across the country. When I zoom into my area it's all waves of ash and smoke, pretty damn accurate to what I actually see. I can't open my windows because the ash is coming through my screens and my cars are heavily dusted in it.

Damn! I thought you were kidding abut the ash. Guess it's gotta come down somewhere. What city are you in?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/6/2017, 6:26 am

I had the same reaction as UM. I thought you were joking around about the ashes. That's gotta be pretty scary.

The East Coast has been hit by rain quite a bit the last few days. It was raining this morning on my commute to work, too.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2017, 8:02 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! I thought you were kidding abut the ash. Guess it's gotta come down somewhere. What city are you in?

I'm in Snohomish County and they issued an air quality warning last night to keep windows and doors closed and to avoid outside except when necessary through at least tonight when a storm front is supposed to clear it up some.

@joey con carne wrote:I had the same reaction as UM. I thought you were joking around about the ashes. That's gotta be pretty scary.

The East Coast has been hit by rain quite a bit the last few days. It was raining this morning on my commute to work, too.

I don't think we've seen a day of rain in the last three months and we usually have 300+ days of rain every year. I've never seen my county so dry before, I went up in the mountains where i do a lot of camping this weekend and most of the rivers were barely more than puddles and creeks opposed to the white waters they were in springtime. I took lots of pics to compare them to the ones I took earlier this year and couldn't believe how much the landscapes around the rivers had changed. We have burn bans in every county but assholes keeps lighting off fireworks and that is what caused this in the first place.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/6/2017, 5:25 pm

My sister is in Seattle right now for a wedding and she didn't mention it. Guess it hasn't reached Seattle yet.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2017, 9:24 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:My sister is in Seattle right now for a wedding and she didn't mention it. Guess it hasn't reached Seattle yet.

It's been blanketing Seattle for days now, every news channel has been covering it. They've been getting some of the worst of it.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/6/2017, 10:19 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:My sister is in Seattle right now for a wedding and she didn't mention it. Guess it hasn't reached Seattle yet.

It's been blanketing Seattle for days now, every news channel has been covering it. They've been getting some of the worst of it.

Guess she doesn't like talking to her brother.

Maybe she cottoned on to his like for GoT incest. Twisted Evil
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2017, 10:31 pm

@Rusty wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:

Guess she doesn't like talking to her brother.

Maybe she cottoned on to his like for GoT incest. Twisted Evil

This is from yesterday's Seattle Times Front page Headline "Ash falls like snow in Seattle as wildfires rage in Pacific Northwest"

Does she think this is fog?????  Razz  Razz  Razz

I haven't been hyperbolic, It's been raining ash....

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/7/2017, 7:41 pm

Smartasses! Nevermind, she's back and NOW she tells me. Rolling Eyes Wylde, don't take a deep breath. lol Is it getting better or are you wearing a filter mask?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/8/2017, 8:25 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Smartasses! Nevermind, she's back and NOW she tells me. Rolling Eyes Wylde, don't take a deep breath. lol Is it getting better or are you wearing a filter mask?

We are currently experiencing our first hard rain in months!!!  I'm so excited! Everything has been dead for so long, all that beautiful green has been golden brown. Thunder and lightning are what's on tap and it looks and sounds glorious.

My lungs are so used to cannabis smoke and my body is so full of it's medicine that nothing can harm me, no mask is needed. This is a fact based on my own solo scientific home research.  

But just to be on the safe side, I haven't been spending much time outside these last four days.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/8/2017, 9:32 am

God dammit Florida, I feel like a mass Darwin Award ceremony is coming when Floridians are killed by flying fans instead of taking cover.

If you really want some good laughs, just check twitter for the people participating.

Over 59,000 people are pointing fans at Hurricane Irma in an attempt to blow it away

“That just might be crazy enough to work” is the mantra of nearly 60,000 people hoping to dissuade Hurricane Irma from making landfall in Florida. A Facebook event, which started this week, aims to gather as many participants as possible in an effort to literally blow Irma back out to sea before it can do any real damage. How could that possibly be accomplished? With regular old fans.

The event, titled “Everybody Points Their Fans At The Hurricane To Blow It Away,” has gathered over 59,000 confirmed participants. “Everyone takes their fans outside and points them at Hurricane Irma to blow it away from us,” the event description reads. “Air compressors with a blow gun attachment also a plus, or anything else. Get creative. Date/time subject to change due to the unpredictable path it may take.”

It’s either an incredibly ambitious plan, or a foolhardy attempt to control Mother Nature, depending on your perspective, but the fact that the fan-blowers’ efforts are in vain isn’t stopping the massive hype train. Plenty of participants have posted photos to prove that they’re pitching in with their own fans, while others continue to urge more people to join in.

At the moment, Irma is headed for a strike on Florida, with Miami expected to be one of the most impacted cities. Widespread evacuations have already been in the works for some time, and will continue until the storm makes landfall sometime early Sunday morning. Videos showing the intensity of the storm from the inside are chilling, and if you’re in Irma’s path you have a number of options for tracking its progress. Stay safe.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/8/2017, 9:46 am

I feel like this fan thing must be some sort of joke on all of us who think these people are serious.

"Look at all these idiots online actually thinking we are serious about using fans to blow Irma back out to sea!"

That's the only logical explanation.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/8/2017, 10:10 am

@joey con carne wrote:I feel like this fan thing must be some sort of joke on all of us who think these people are serious.

"Look at all these idiots online actually thinking we are serious about using fans to blow Irma back out to sea!"

That's the only logical explanation.

You just want to believe this can't be real because you don't want to believe that people that dumb exist but twitter has proven to us that they do.

In other news, Mexico was hit with it's largest earthquake in a century an 8.1

Meanwhile Hurricane Jose is decimating the same areas that Irma already laid waste too.

And I'm still hear choking on smoke as my coast burns.

And in crazy news, two guys tried to rob a Taco Bell in Cleveland and THREE of the Bell employees who were apparently all armed, lit one of the guys up.....
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/9/2017, 7:35 pm

I imported 29 discs of music in my iTunes today, took the better part of 5 hours.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/9/2017, 7:59 pm

@Tyger wrote:I imported 29 discs of music in my iTunes today, took the better part of 5 hours.

CD?
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/9/2017, 8:09 pm

Yup, I'm old, still buy CD's
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/9/2017, 10:32 pm

@Tyger wrote:Yup, I'm old, still buy CD's

Fuck. I'm old, and even I stopped buying CD's a decade ago. Still got a tape player in my car though.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/9/2017, 11:35 pm

I just can't go all digital. I like physical, tangible things. Part of me wishes I didn't, but I do.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/10/2017, 8:42 am

@Tyger wrote:I just can't go all digital. I like physical, tangible things. Part of me wishes I didn't, but I do.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/10/2017, 9:55 am

I have that movie on Blu-ray. I'm going to put it on an IKEA shelf. I am Jack's smirking sense of irony.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/10/2017, 11:16 am

@Tyger wrote:I have that movie on Blu-ray. I'm going to put it on an IKEA shelf. I am Jack's smirking sense of irony.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/10/2017, 5:21 pm

Looks like Irma has finally slowed down now thankfully. 1 million without power though and the repair is said to cost in the upwards of billions, it's crazy.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/11/2017, 6:02 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Looks like Irma has finally slowed down now thankfully. 1 million without power though and the repair is said to cost in the upwards of billions, it's crazy.

Florida should have been wiped off the map, it's nothing but a cartel trafficking highway.

The amount of stupidity and ignorance coming out of that state all week was proof that Mother Nature should hate Florida and wanted it to die. Unfortunately, she had second thoughts since Trump wasn't at home and decided to wait for another day so she could wipe all that shit out at once. Then she'll be back for Texas....

I still can't believe the amount of assholes talking about how they were supposed to be safe cause they were on the "west coast" and they'd been told for days the storm was going to hit the "east coast" so they didn't need to leave, hey assholes your coasts are like 130 miles apart not the distance of the real west and east coasts.

You really can't put a number on stupidity and natural selection loves a good culling.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/11/2017, 12:41 pm

It's not 1 million without power, bro. More like five million.

It's all over New York news where people here are going down to help Florida rebuild.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/11/2017, 1:00 pm

@joey con carne wrote:It's not 1 million without power, bro. More like five million.

It's all over New York news where people here are going down to help Florida rebuild.

Five million without power, civility is an illusion and times like these show us what people are truly capable of. I've already read about several murders from people trying to use the storm as cover.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/11/2017, 1:15 pm

And looting. Don't forget: sneakers and televisions are important staples to a healthy lifestyle.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/11/2017, 4:59 pm

@joey con carne wrote:It's not 1 million without power, bro. More like five million.

Damn! That sucks and it will probably be a while before they get power too.

@WyldeMan wrote:It's all over New York news where people here are going down to help Florida rebuild.

Five million without power, civility is an illusion and times like these show us what people are truly capable of. I've already read about several murders from people trying to use the storm as cover.

I only heard of one, the real estate woman who was killed by her husband. Can't believe people are trying to use the storm as cover.

@joey con carne wrote:And looting. Don't forget: sneakers and televisions are important staples to a healthy lifestyle.

lol I saw the looting video. They probably thought the power is out so they wouldn't get caught but they did.

The sea retracted somewhere, I think the Bahamas, and people are there taking pics when they should be away from it. It'll come strong when it eventually returns but I wonder how high it will be, scary stuff. It's completely gone right now, can't even see it in the distance.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/11/2017, 6:55 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I only heard of one, the real estate woman who was killed by her husband. Can't believe people are trying to use the storm as cover.

That was literally the plot of True Detective season one. Cool
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: