The Shape of Water (GDT / Hawkins / Spencer / Shannon / Jones) (December 8th)

Go down

The Shape of Water (GDT / Hawkins / Spencer / Shannon / Jones) (December 8th)

Post by WyldeMan on 7/19/2017, 8:03 am

From master story teller Guillermo del Toro, comes The Shape of Water – an other-worldly fairy tale, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1963. In the hidden high-security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa (Sally Hawkins) is trapped in a life of silence and isolation. Elisa’s life is changed forver when she and co-worker Zelda (Octavia Spencer) discover a secret classified experiment. Rounding out the cast are Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Michael Stuhlbarg and Doug Jones.

WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shape of Water (GDT / Hawkins / Spencer / Shannon / Jones) (December 8th)

Post by ForeverBlu on 7/19/2017, 9:52 am

Crimson Peak was a major disappointment.

Not really feeling this one either.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shape of Water (GDT / Hawkins / Spencer / Shannon / Jones) (December 8th)

Post by WyldeMan on 7/19/2017, 10:27 am

@ForeverBlu wrote:Crimson Peak was a major disappointment.

GDT hasn't made a good film since Hellboy 2 IMO.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 7/19/2017, 11:05 am

@WyldeMan wrote:
@ForeverBlu wrote:Crimson Peak was a major disappointment.

GDT hasn't made a good film since Hellboy 2 IMO.

Plus Sally Hawkins's acting irks my nerves.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 7/19/2017, 12:43 pm

This fish creature looks like the one from Hellboy. His movies all have the same tone to them, I don't know what to think about this one but Shannon is in it so that's cool.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 7/19/2017, 2:16 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:This fish creature looks like the one from Hellboy. His movies all have the same tone to them, I don't know what to think about this one but Shannon is in it so that's cool.

And his creatures are always played by Doug Jones, so they not only look the same they move the same.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 7/19/2017, 2:27 pm

The description sounds good and the trailer is something I should like, but I'm still underwhelmed.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 7/20/2017, 12:14 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:This fish creature looks like the one from Hellboy. His movies all have the same tone to them, I don't know what to think about this one but Shannon is in it so that's cool.

And his creatures are always played by Doug Jones, so they not only look the same they move the same.

Doug Jones is in this too? I should have known by his movement. He's always great at it though. I just hope the story is too.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/14/2017, 8:59 am

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/7/2018, 2:41 pm

Shape of Water screener copy now available.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 1/7/2018, 4:42 pm

I've heard good things about this.

Still haven't seen Crimson Peak though.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/7/2018, 4:53 pm

I've been seeing a lot of screeners pop up lately.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/7/2018, 4:55 pm

@Rusty wrote:I've heard good things about this.

I saw the first 20 minutes on two separate attempts. First Chastain movie I've never finished and I sat through Mama...... Shocked
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 1/7/2018, 5:33 pm

I’ve heard good things about this too

Don’t waste your time on Crimson Peak. A lot of people will try to tell you it was just marketed poorly, which it was, but that’s far from it’s only problem.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/7/2018, 6:03 pm

@Tyger wrote:

I’ve heard good things about this too

Don’t waste your time on Crimson Peak. A lot of people will try to tell you it was just marketed poorly, which it was, but that’s far from it’s only problem.

Charlie Hunnam as it's lead was another big one.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 1/7/2018, 6:28 pm

He’s not a lead, he’s supporting cast
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/7/2018, 6:34 pm

I will watch this movie for it's cast and because I've also heard good things. Didn't find the trailer all that interesting.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/7/2018, 6:39 pm

@Tyger wrote:He’s not a lead, he’s supporting cast

Supperting cast At best and yet he keeps getting leading man work.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/7/2018, 6:58 pm

King Arthur wasn't that bad. Why do you hate him so much? You watch Sons of Anarchy, right? Did you like him in that?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/7/2018, 7:02 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:King Arthur wasn't that bad. Why do you hate him so much? You watch Sons of Anarchy, right? Did you like him in that?

I enjoyed two seasons of SOA and hate watched the next five. At no point do I ever remember thinking even one time that he was going to be a big star. I thought he was decent 10 years ago in Greenstreet Hooligans but a leading man he is not.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 1/7/2018, 8:04 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@Tyger wrote:He’s not a lead, he’s supporting cast

Supperting cast At best and yet he keeps getting leading man work.
I meant in Crimson Peak, he's not a lead, just supporting cast.

He could probably carry a movie, just doesn't choose well or get very good options.

I would cite Pacific Rim, but that's more of an ensemble and even though I like it, it's not universally loved
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/7/2018, 8:20 pm

@Tyger wrote:I meant in Crimson Peak, he's not a lead, just supporting cast.

He could probably carry a movie, just doesn't choose well or get very good options.

I would cite Pacific Rim, but that's more of an ensemble and even though I like it, it's not universally loved

Hunnam makes bad choices. He turned down Fifty Shades for King Arthur and they're working on the four one of those movies while the studio still doesn't know if another Arthur will be made. Who the hell bets on Guy Richie? Whos' next Uwe Boll? Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 1/7/2018, 10:41 pm

You were glad he turned down 50 Shades though. It's not like it's quality or a starmaker. I don't even know the guy in those movies. Maybe that's just me, I'm not exactly in touch with what's popular.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/8/2018, 5:38 am

@Tyger wrote:You were glad he turned down 50 Shades though. It's not like it's quality or a starmaker. I don't even know the guy in those movies. Maybe that's just me, I'm not exactly in touch with what's popular.

I haven't seen the Fifty Shades movies but women go fucking insane for them, even the trailers turn em into a mess. Also, I hadn't seen a script that would have obviously made it clear from Jump Street that Arthur was a steaming pile of shit. Fifty Shades may look like shit to me but a small dramatic film seems like a much smaller risk than that over a Guy Ritchie CGI slathered borefest. Ritchie hasn't made a good movie since Snatch, so I don't know what Hunnam was expecting.

If Hunnam has agents, they make worse decisions than I do.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum