BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)

+2
Tyger
WyldeMan
6 posters

Go down

Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 7:56 am

Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Rami-m10
Bohemian Rhapsody, the long-in-the-works movie about seminal British rock band Queen, is getting closer to a start. Deadline broke the news last year that Bryan Singer was in talks to direct with Mr Robot star Rami Malek playing legendary frontman Freddie Mercury. Queen’s official website has now said the film is “as-close-as-that” to the start of shooting, with pre-production beginning this week in the UK. Principal photography in and around London is being eyed as soon as mid-September.

Graham King is producing via his GK Films for 20th Century Fox and New Regency. The project has been in development with King for about nine years and the most recent script is from Theory Of Everything scribe Anthony McCarten. The pic currently has a December 25, 2018 release date.

The folks at Queenonline.com say Singer is the “perfect choice to recreate the fabulous Queen years which brought us such unforgettable moments as Live Aid.” That 1985 benefit concert will be “faithfully recreated for a key sequence in the film,” notes QOL.

Malek as the strutting, operatically-voiced Mercury is “utterly dedicated to the project,” according to bandmembers Roger Taylor and Brian May. “He’s completely living and breathing Freddie already, which is wonderful.” Taylor and May are also executive music producers on the movie.

QOL is clearly havin’ a good time with the project, posting a casting call for male and female extras “with 70s & 80s hair.”

Previous incarnations of the project had been rooted at Sony. Sacha Baron Cohen had been aboard as Mercury and Peter Morgan writing, before creative differences scotched that plan. Later, Ben Whishaw was to star with Dexter Fletcher directing, but more creative issues nixed that team-up.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 11:47 am; edited 6 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Tyger 7/16/2017, 12:09 pm

I don't see a resemblance but I like him and I like biopics and who doesn't like Queen? I'll check it out
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 12:39 pm

Tyger wrote:I don't see a resemblance but I like him and I like biopics and who doesn't like Queen? I'll check it out

I always despised the idea of Sasha Baron in Freddy's role so I'll happily take Rami.

However I still have massive worries given Singer.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2017, 12:30 pm

‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Casts Band Members
Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Ben-ha10
Ben Hardy, Gwilym Lee, and Joe Mazzello have joined upcoming biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody” about the band Queen, with Rami Malek starring as frontman Freddie Mercury.

Production on the film will begin this fall, with Bryan Singer directing from Justin Haythe’s script. New Regency and Graham King’s GK Films are the production companies.

The producers are King, Singer, and Jim Beach. Denis O’Sullivan, Arnon Milchan, and Jane Rosenthal are the executive producers. Kira Goldberg is overseeing the project for Fox.

Hardy, whose credits include “X-Men: Apocalypse” and “Mary Shelley,” will play drummer Roger Taylor. Lee (“The Hollow Crown”) will portray lead guitarist Brian May and Mazzello (“The Social Network”) will tackle the role of bass guitarist John Deacon.

King has been trying to get the project off the ground for sometime after originally setting it up at Sony, with Sacha Baron Cohen attached to star at one point. When Cohen dropped out, King began shopping the project elsewhere while looking for a new frontman.

Mercury wrote numerous hits for Queen, including “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Killer Queen,” “Somebody to Love,” “Don’t Stop Me Now,” “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” and “We Are the Champions.”

The film is slated for U.S. release on Dec. 25, 2018.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/21/2017, 1:23 pm

They're going to skip over Freddie's battle with Aids.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/21/2017, 2:01 pm

Who names their kid Gwilym??
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2017, 4:56 pm

Tyger wrote:Who names their kid Gwilym??

I don't even need to search that name out to be 100% positive that he's British since they tend to have silly first names no Americans ever use like Dexter, Hugo, Benedict, Sebastian, Frederick or Alfie, so Gwilym sounds par for the Limey course.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/21/2017, 5:39 pm

It sounds like an American parody of a British name though
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2017, 9:54 am

Exclusive: @ItsRamiMalek is #FreddieMercury in this 'Bohemian Rhapsody' first look: http://share.ew.com/uHD1U46 
Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Di_fsl10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 9/6/2017, 3:32 pm

Ummm,NOPE!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/6/2017, 5:28 pm

RAMI? affraid What the fuck is this? lol Looks nothing like him in this pic.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2017, 9:28 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:RAMI? affraid What the fuck is this? lol Looks nothing like him in this pic.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that you're not exactly familiar with Queen or Freddie Mercury..... Razz

BTW, Rami looks EXACTLY like Freddie in that pic.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/6/2017, 10:23 pm

They just need to keep showing him in such angles
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2017, 10:25 pm

Tyger wrote:They just need to keep showing him in such angles

The real test though, can he actually sing......

Freddie's range was amazing.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/7/2017, 6:53 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:RAMI? affraid What the fuck is this? lol Looks nothing like him in this pic.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that you're not exactly familiar with Queen or Freddie Mercury..... Razz

BTW, Rami looks EXACTLY like Freddie in that pic.

More like a shot in the light. lol You know damn well I don't know who you're talking about.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/2/2017, 5:38 am

Freddie Mercury Movie Halts Due To Bryan Singer ‘Health Issue’
UPDATED with statement from Bryan Singer’s reps, 5:55 PM: Production has been temporarily halted on Bohemian Rhapsody, the Bryan Singer-directed film about the British rock band Queen and its frontman Freddie Mercury, with Mr Robot’s Rami Malek playing the singing legend. The studio has said the reason is a “health matter” involving the director.

There have been rumors surrounding Singer and the production for some time, including that film took breaks more than once because of the mercurial director going AWOL from the London shoot. Word I am hearing is that he hasn’t shown up for the past three days.

The studio issued this vague statement: “Twentieth Century Fox Film has temporarily halted production on Bohemian Rhapsody due to the unexpected unavailability of Bryan Singer.”

Singer’s reps later said in a statement: “This is a personal health matter concerning Bryan and his family.  Bryan hopes to get back to work on the film soon after the holidays.”

Insiders said the studio still hopes to get the film on track for a December 25, 2018 release. The studio would not comment on how far along the production has gotten before Singer took this sabbatical, or whether the film will continue with him. Indications are the studio might wait for him to return.

It becomes very difficult when a film is in production and the filmmaker has proven unreliable. Word around town is that Fox has been having discreet discussions with replacement helmers to finish the film, even before the studio halted production today. Sources tell Deadline that the film is about two weeks away from completing principal photography, so if another direct is brought in, he or she would need to finish the shoot and oversee postproduction.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/2/2017, 8:15 pm

Bullshit.

Singer has pulled this AWOL crap before.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/2/2017, 10:46 pm

I’m assuming he’s made some Fuck You Money off the X-Men film franchise. He better hope he invested well cause it’s only a matter of time before he’s taken down.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/2/2017, 10:53 pm

Yep. Given the timing, he's probably locked in a room with his lawyers trying to work out plea deals and confidential payouts.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/3/2017, 7:05 am

Rusty wrote:Yep. Given the timing, he's probably locked in a room with his lawyers trying to work out plea deals and confidential payouts.

Or he's on a twink casting binge and it's business as usual. This film kind of caters to his wheelhouse does it not? I'm sure he had more fun on this film's casting calls than any other before.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/5/2017, 3:36 pm

LOL! I read today that he was terminated. And that they removed his name from the show The Gifted. We know where this is going...
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/6/2017, 3:11 pm

Bryan Singer Fired From Directing Queen Biopic After On-Set Chaos (Exclusive)
Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Bryan_10
Bryan Singer has been fired from the movie Bohemian Rhapsody, 20th Century Fox has told The Hollywood Reporter.

“Bryan Singer is no longer the director of Bohemian Rhapsody," the studio said Monday in a statement.

The decision reflected an escalating clash between Singer and actor Rami Malek and was caused by the helmer being missing from the set, necessitating the Dec. 1 production shutdown of the film in which Malek stars as Freddie Mercury, frontman of the rock group Queen. The pic has been shooting in London.

In announcing the shutdown last week, producers Fox, New Regency and Graham King initially said filming was being suspended because of Singer's "unexpected unavailability."

Denying he acted unprofessionally, Singer claimed the studio refused to allow him to tend to "a gravely ill parent" as well as to his own health. “I wanted nothing more than to be able to finish this project and help honor the legacy of Freddie Mercury and Queen," he said in a statement, "but Fox would not permit me to do so because I needed to temporarily put my health, and the health of my loved ones, first.”

Trouble began when Singer went missing during production on several occasions. His no-shows resulted in cinematographer Thomas Newton Sigel having to step in to helm some of the days while Singer was absent.

Tom Hollander, who plays Queen manager Jim Beach, also is said to have briefly quit the film because of Singer's behavior, but was persuaded to return, according to one source.

Malek complained to the studio, charging Singer with not being present on set, unreliability and unprofessionalism.

Singer had been warned before production began by both Fox Film chairman and CEO Stacey Snider and Fox Film vice chairman and president of production Emma Watts that they wouldn't tolerate any unprofessional behavior on his part. A representative from the Directors Guild of America also arrived on set to monitor the situation.

The growing tension led to a confrontation between Singer and Malek, which, while it did not become physical, did involve Singer throwing an object.

Subsequently, however, the two are said to have settled their differences and filming was expected to resume.

But then Singer did not return to the set after the Thanksgiving break and is believed to have been in the U.S. for about the last 10 days, according to one source. In his absence, Sigel stepped in to helm several days of shooting before the production was shut down. Singer's prolonged absence was the final straw, and so the studio decided to terminate him under his pay-or-play contract.

According to another insider, Singer has claimed he is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder because of the tensions on the set.

In his statement, Singer said, "“Rumors that my unexpected departure from the film was sparked by a dispute I had with Rami Malek are not true.  While, at times, we did have creative differences on set, Rami and I successfully put those differences behind us and continued to work on the film together until just prior to Thanksgiving.”

The studio, which has about two more weeks of principal photography remaining on the film, is expected to name a new director within the next few days.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2017, 7:58 am

Dexter Fletcher Hired to Direct “Bohemian Rhapsody” — Again
Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Dexter10
Can you recall a director being hired to direct a movie twice? I can’t, but surely it has happened before today, when 20th Century Fox announced that Dexter Fletcher (Eddie the Eagle) will replace Bryan Singer as the director of the Freddie Mercury movie Bohemian Rhapsody.

Fletcher had been hired to direct the film in December 2013, back when Ben Whishaw was attached to play the flamboyant singer. Fletcher developed the project for four months before exiting due to creative differences with the surviving members of Queen. Still, he arguably knew the story and the creative team as well as anyone, so his hiring makes a lot of sense.

It was necessitated, of course, after Singer failed to return to the set in London following the Thanksgiving holiday break. While some reports attributed his absence to clashes with the film’s star, Rami Malek, Singer himself downplayed any discord, and explained he simply needed to take some time off to deal with a family matter involving his mother’s health. Whatever their reason, Fox wasn’t willing to accommodate its X-Men director, firing him from the project and bidding adieu to his production company, Bad Hat Harry, which had outstayed its welcome on the studio lot.

Again, Fletcher is a more than capable replacement for Singer, as Eddie the Eagle is better than anything Singer has directed in years. Now that Fletcher has agreed to take the reins, production is expected to resume next week, and the film is in no danger of missing its December 2018 release date.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/14/2018, 5:19 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/15/2018, 11:02 pm

That’s a trailer for the (teaser) trailer

Watched the (teaser) trailer tonight, it seems like lip syncing but I’m fine with that

I’ll probably check it out
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2018, 7:11 am

Tyger wrote:That’s a trailer for the (teaser) trailer

Watched the (teaser) trailer tonight, it seems like lip syncing but I’m fine with that

I’ll probably check it out

I didn't watch the trailer but I swear I remember reading that Rami was going to do his own singing.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2019, 6:57 am

2019 Oscars: Rami Malek Takes Home Best Actor For 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Bohemian Rhapsody ($910 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Https313
Rami Malek took home the Academy Award for Best Actor at the 2019 Oscars for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody.

The Oscar win came in his first nomination and was unsurprising after he won the same award at the Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actor Guild Awards, and British Academy Film Awards.

Malek beat out Christian Bale, who was nominated for Vice, Bradley Cooper, who was nominated for A Star Is Born, Viggo Mortensen, who was nominated for Green Book, and Willem Dafoe, who was nominated for At Eternity’s Gate. His win was in one of five categories in which the biopic of Queen and their late frontman was nominated and among four wins including Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Film Editing

The actor spoke about being the son of Egyptian immigrants, much like the rock star he played, during his acceptance speech. He praised Mercury for his individuality and confidence despite being such a unique presence.

This latest award for Malek follows a 2016 Emmy win for Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his role in "Mr. Robot." The show will continue with its final season later this year. He is the first Best Actor winner to win the award while a regular on a television series.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/25/2019, 12:26 pm

I was rooting for him or Bradley. Well deserved! I saw the movie and his performance as Freddie was amazing. I saw the real video of Queen's performance at Live Aid with a side by side comparison to the movie and it's incredible.

Who else saw the movie?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/25/2019, 8:24 pm

Millions of people
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/25/2019, 8:44 pm

Tyger wrote:Millions of people

You said you were gonna check it out. I thought you were interested in this?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/25/2019, 9:03 pm

Not I. No intention of seeing it either.

You can keep that A Star is Born shit to yourself, too.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/25/2019, 9:57 pm

I saw this and A Star Is Born and loved both.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/25/2019, 10:16 pm

Tyger wrote:Millions of people

ya wiseass Laughing
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/26/2019, 12:20 pm

Rusty wrote:Not I. No intention of seeing it either.

Not a fan of biopics/music?

Tyger wrote:I saw this and A Star Is Born and loved both.

Same. I'm a fan of Rami and I had no interest in this but saw it and I liked it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/26/2019, 6:13 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Rusty wrote:Not I. No intention of seeing it either.

Not a fan of biopics/music?

Biopics. I especially hate them when they're about musicians/artists.

As for A Star is Born, this is the fourth time that movie has been made. I haven't seen the first three, so I sure as shit won't be watching a new version.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/26/2019, 6:25 pm

I especially like biopics about bands/musicians, haha

I was interested in A Star Is Born to see Cooper as a first time director since I like him a lot as an actor, hadn’t seen the others so no comparisons to make. I thought he did a great job all around. I probably oversold saying I loved it, but I liked it a lot and was really impressed.

Curious to see where he goes from here.

Wish my boy Joseph Gordon Levitt would do another movie
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2019, 6:31 pm

Rusty wrote:Biopics. I especially hate them when they're about musicians/artists.

As for A Star is Born, this is the fourth time that movie has been made. I haven't seen the first three, so I sure as shit won't be watching a new version.

I can see where you're coming from, biopics are nearly always just hollywood's poorly written version of a person's life and it's typically rife with made up melodramatic bullshit instead of presenting the facts in an interesting manner, historical biopics are the worst in this regard. Anything based on a true story, seems to be about 10% accurate and that's usually just because they got the character's names right.

I also haven't seen the first three Star is Born movies and Gaga and Cooper will not be getting me to break my undefeated streak. Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down