BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

JayAndSilentBobReboot - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot - Page 2 Empty Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2019, 10:02 am

Tyger wrote:I know he’s always felt owed more money for Clerks, but I don’t know if that’s it or not

One way he could make more money, get to fuckin work! Evil or Very Mad

Community
Hunters
Suburra: Blood on Rome
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

JayAndSilentBobReboot - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot - Page 2 Empty Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Tyger 3/10/2019, 10:55 am

I wish Kevin could buy his movies from Miramax/the Weinsteins. Unfortunately, it doesn’t even seem possible to get Mallrats.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/10/2019, 6:34 pm

Tyger wrote:I wish Kevin could buy his movies from Miramax/the Weinsteins. Unfortunately, it doesn’t even seem possible to get Mallrats.

Kevin mentioned in the video that his only real hope to get to do Mallrats would be if this new J&SB movie does well enough that someone at Universal says "hey we own one of his films" and lets it happen. Unfortunately, Universal is in the business of making Fast & Furious movies, they're unlikely to put much thought into a Kevin Smith flick.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/10/2019, 6:37 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Has Kevin mentioned the casting of Chris Jericho in this flick? I came across this on Jericho's feed.

That's no surprise. They've known each other for a while. He went on Kevin Smith's podcast years ago. Real interesting too.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2019, 7:05 pm

Rusty wrote:That's no surprise. They've known each other for a while. He went on Kevin Smith's podcast years ago. Real interesting too.

Seriously? I never knew about the Jericho connection. Is Kevin a wrestling fan, I've never heard him mention it once.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/10/2019, 7:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:That's no surprise. They've known each other for a while. He went on Kevin Smith's podcast years ago. Real interesting too.

Seriously? I never knew about the Jericho connection. Is Kevin a wrestling fan, I've never heard him mention it once.

Not sure how they connected, though being a wrestling fan seems more of Jay Mewes thing. Interesting interview though. They talked about his love of Christian rock growing up, listening to Stryper Very Happy as well as the work he did with Mickey Rourke preparing for his role in The Wrestler. I can't remember what happened exactly but apparently things got heated between the two.

It was a great podcast. I didn't know who he was, and had only heard his name. If you're a Jericho fan you'd really enjoy it and would hear a side of him you wouldn't in most other interviews.

SModcast 316: SMod is Jericho is the episode if you can find it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2019, 7:19 pm

Rusty wrote:Not sure how they connected, though being a wrestling fan seems more of Jay Mewes thing. Interesting interview though. They talked about his love of Christian rock growing up, listening to Stryper Very Happy as well as the work he did with Mickey Rourke preparing for his role in The Wrestler. I can't remember what happened exactly but apparently things got heated between the two.

It was a great podcast. I didn't know who he was, and had only heard his name. If you're a Jericho fan you'd really enjoy it and would hear a side of him you wouldn't in most other interviews.

I really gotta find out how to track that old interview down then. I never knew anything about Jericho and The Wrestler either......My head keeps exploding. Shocked

I've known who Jericho was since his WCW days of the mid-90s and he's more popular now then ever before.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/10/2019, 7:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I really gotta find out how to track that old interview down then. I never knew anything about Jericho and The Wrestler either......My head keeps exploding. Shocked

I've known who Jericho was since his WCW days of the mid-90s and he's more popular now then ever before.

SModcast 316: SMod is Jericho

Unfortunately old Smodcasts are now behind a pay-wall. Only the most recent 10 episodes are free. I'm sure someone out there has the older ones online somewhere in protest of paying Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/22/2019, 6:26 pm

Biggs & Vanderbeek are returning Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/22/2019, 7:16 pm

Hahaha
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/23/2019, 6:09 am

Rusty wrote:Biggs & Vanderbeek are returning Very Happy

Oh wow...

I haven't seen much JVDB in the last decade. I didn't think he was still acting outside of that Diplo series he did.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/18/2019, 8:48 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/27/2019, 6:27 pm

Affleck is back, so glad he and Kevin are friends again
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2019, 7:42 pm

Tyger wrote:Affleck is back, so glad he and Kevin are friends again

I was very surprised by that cameo, whats the story behind the sudden reunion after all these years? Is it cause Affleck's now dedicated to drinking his career away so he decided why not do another Kevin Smith film while he's at it? That's how I imagine this return played out....

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/27/2019, 7:45 pm

Kevin Smith tells the whole story about reconnecting at the SDCC panel. My friend told me about it and I finally watched that part of it today. Its a good story (with multiple tangents). It’s weird cause he said it’s been 8 years but I didn’t think they really talked after like 2005.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2019, 7:47 pm

Tyger wrote:Kevin Smith tells the whole story about reconnecting at the SDCC panel. My friend told me about it and I finally watched that part of it today. Its a good story (with multiple tangents). It’s weird cause he said it’s been 8 years but I didn’t think they really talked after like 2005.

I thought it'd been about 15 years myself. I'll see if I can find that panel and catch some highlights.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/27/2019, 9:07 pm

I think it’s funny that he mentions Harley being in Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood so much when she doesn’t have any lines
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2019, 7:51 am

Tyger wrote:I think it’s funny that he mentions Harley being in Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood so much when she doesn’t have any lines

Thanks for that link.

Huh, Kevin's daughter is in Once?

Luke Perry's professional wrestler son Jack Perry aka Jungle Boy also made a cameo in it.

I guess Tarantino wanted to include the kids of celebs too but didn't feel the need for any dialogue.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/28/2019, 10:44 am

I think Harley appears a couple times with other Manson girls, but I don’t think she spoke once

Maya Hawke does have some dialogue, but she’s in the movie for like 2 minutes

Rumer Willis is also in the credits, but I forget what she looks like
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2019, 11:13 am

Tyger wrote:I think Harley appears a couple times with other Manson girls, but I don’t think she spoke once

Maya Hawke does have some dialogue, but she’s in the movie for like 2 minutes

Rumer Willis is also in the credits, but I forget what she looks like

I didn't realize how many celebs kids were in this.

Rumor has a Jay Leno like chin and looks way more Bruce than Demi.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/17/2019, 8:22 pm

JayAndSilentBobReboot - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot - Page 2 Defaul14

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2019, 7:31 am

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/15/2019, 8:50 pm

Went to one of the fathom events screenings tonight and it was fun. I’m annoyed though cause there’s a long intro where they say there’s extras after the movie but there weren’t! The credits are packed though. Stan Lee’s appearance in the credits might have got the biggest laugh of the whole movie.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/16/2019, 7:44 am

Tyger wrote:Went to one of the fathom events screenings tonight and it was fun. I’m annoyed though cause there’s a long intro where they say there’s extras after the movie but there weren’t! The credits are packed though. Stan Lee’s appearance in the credits might have got the biggest laugh of the whole movie.

So what'd you think of the actual movie?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/16/2019, 8:04 am

It was fun, I liked it. Even though I’m a fan I was still going in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Crazy to know that the Affleck scene didn’t exist originally, it’s like the heart of the movie.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/16/2019, 9:23 am

Tyger wrote:It was fun, I liked it. Even though I’m a fan I was still going in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Crazy to know that the Affleck scene didn’t exist originally, it’s like the heart of the movie.

Is this just for the hardcore J&SB fan with lots of callbacks to the earlier movies or is it more like his newer work? 

What's the deal with the Affleck scene, I hadn't heard anything.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/16/2019, 9:58 am

Oh it is not for the uninitiated. It’s a lot like the original movie in that way, numerous characters and actors come back. All kinds of callback jokes. It’s for the fans all the way.

The movie was written and cast and I think even filming before Kevin and Ben made up, but they did and he flew in to be in the movie and Kevin wrote like an 8 page monologue and Ben crushes it. He’s back as Holden.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/16/2019, 11:53 am

Tyger wrote:Oh it is not for the uninitiated. It’s a lot like the original movie in that way, numerous characters and actors come back. All kinds of callback jokes. It’s for the fans all the way.

The movie was written and cast and I think even filming before Kevin and Ben made up, but they did and he flew in to be in the movie and Kevin wrote like an 8 page monologue and Ben crushes it. He’s back as Holden.

I really hope I like it, cause it's been too long since I was able to enjoy a KS movie. But I like what you're saying, so I will be checking it out as soon as its streaming.

I did not know anything about that. Remind me, was the problem Ben's ego and how did they make up?

How was Chris Jericho as the Grand Wizard of the Klan?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/16/2019, 1:57 pm

I still think the problem was Jennifer Garner.

Jericho was OK, I kept waiting for more cameos in that scene and there weren’t any so I didn’t pay a lot of attention
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/16/2019, 3:05 pm

Tyger wrote:I still think the problem was Jennifer Garner.

Jericho was OK, I kept waiting for more cameos in that scene and there weren’t any so I didn’t pay a lot of attention

Garner. If they stopped their friendship over ol horseface, than that is tragic.

Ah, Jericho was only in one scene? I was hoping for a Blues Brothers situation where the Klan was chasing them when I heard about his role.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2020, 7:30 pm

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2