BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Empty Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Rusty 2/9/2017, 5:56 pm

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Jasbreboot

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Jsbreboot

This is not a drill! This is an actual image from my laptop! Yes, Kids - Jay and Silent Bob are coming back! Here's the story: Sadly, Clerks III can't happen (one of our four leads opted out of the flick). So I worked on a #Mallrats movie instead... which also didn't happen because it turned into a #Mallrats series. I've pitched said sequel series to 6 different networks only to find no takers thus far. Mind you, I'm not complaining: nobody gets to make EVERYTHING they wanna make in this business (do they?). And I've been lucky to make anything at all, there's so much competition out there, so many much cooler ideas from fresh folks. And besides: I had #comicbookmen and then @tuskthemovie and @yogahosers (which all came together so crazy quickly), and the podcasts and #fatmanonbatman. With all of that, how could I bitch about no Clerks III or Mallrats 2? Then when I started directing @thecw shows, it was such a slice of Heaven on Earth, I happily put my Askewniverse sequels to the side. Since I sold #Clerks and #Mallrats years ago, they're owned by others, which limits my moves with my own material. I don't mind: back in the day, all I ever wanted to do was sell my stuff so I could be in the movie biz in the first place. So I don't own Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy or #Dogma... But I DO own #jayandsilentbob. So while I love playing with someone else's new toys on @cwtheflash and @Supergirl, I'm getting eager to play with my old toys again in the inter-connected View Askewniverse I spent the first half of my career creating. And so all last month, I had the time of my life laughing while writing "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" - a fun flick in which the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old "Bluntman & Chronic Movie" they hated so much. It's a tongue-in-cheek, silly-ass satire that pokes fun at the movie business's recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces! And I already met with the good folks at Miramax and they're into it, so I'm hoping we'll be shooting in the summer! Never give up, kids. You CAN do anything you want in life, so long as you're patient and malleable. #KevinSmith

So no Clerks III or Mallrats follow-up. That sucks. New Jay & Silent Bob sound good though Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Empty Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by WyldeMan 2/9/2017, 6:13 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:So no Clerks III or Mallrats follow-up. That sucks. New Jay & Silent Bob sound good though Very Happy

I am highly disappointment to hear what happened with the Mallrats series since it was completed so long ago but the idea of another J&SB movie excites me.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/17/2017, 11:34 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/18/2017, 10:20 am

I still don't understand how he can own Jay and Silent Bob, you'd think they'd be owned by Miramax since they originated in Clerks
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/18/2017, 6:46 pm

I think you'll find it comes down to licensing and how he sold Clerks and Mallrats.

He owns the characters, IP etc, but to get them made, he would have given up all film rights to future sequels, etc.

He had probably wised up by the time JaSB Strike Back came around, and managed to retain future rights in negotiation, given that the characters names were in the title.

He'll be able to give Dante and Randall a cameo in the new JSB, he just can't make a movie called Clerks.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/18/2017, 8:00 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:He'll be able to give Dante and Randall a cameo in the new JSB, he just can't make a movie called Clerks.

He should just title it #Cl3rks so only millennials will get it and everybody else will be like "what the fuck does that even mean?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/18/2017, 9:32 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:I think you'll find it comes down to licensing and how he sold Clerks and Mallrats.

He owns the characters, IP etc, but to get them made, he would have given up all film rights to future sequels, etc.

He had probably wised up by the time JaSB Strike Back came around, and managed to retain future rights in negotiation, given that the characters names were in the title.

He'll be able to give Dante and Randall a cameo in the new JSB, he just can't make a movie called Clerks.
Pretty sure we won't be seeing Randall again, he barely showed up for 2 and I'm willing to bet is the one who bailed on 3.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/18/2017, 11:54 pm

Tyger wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:I think you'll find it comes down to licensing and how he sold Clerks and Mallrats.

Pretty sure we won't be seeing Randall again, he barely showed up for 2 and I'm willing to bet is the one who bailed on 3.

I guarantee he bailed on 3, but he'll do a cameo. He likes where 2 left things .... plus he thinks the studio owes him money from the original. He doesn't like working with them.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/19/2017, 7:07 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:... plus he thinks the studio owes him money from the original. He doesn't like working with them.

Does anybody like working with Harvey?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2019, 7:46 am

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Officially Begins Pre-Production
JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Jay-an10
Kevin Smith has confirmed that work is finally underway for the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot. The writer/director/actor shared a social media post on New Year's Day revealing that he, Jason Mewes, and Jordan Monsanto (Mewes' wife) had started the pre-production process, which is exciting news. In an interview from November, Mewes indicated that the pre-production was supposed to start this month, but nothing was concrete at that time. However, everything seems to be going according to plan. Smith had this to say.

"Spent the first day of 2019 having a Jay & Silent Bob Reboot pre-pre-production meeting at our holiday-roomy We Work office! Jason Mewes took this pic of me and Jordan Monsanto to both mark the moment and to document that we were the only dopes in Hollywood working on the holiday."

Kevin Smith first announced the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot back in August of 2017, but the project has hit some snags since then, most notably when Smith suffered a near-fatal heart attack early last year. Smith has since made a full recovery and has lost over 50 pounds in the process, which means there probably won't be any weight jokes thrown in Silent Bob's direction this time around, unless they're skinny jokes. Jason Mewes has said that his Jay character along with Smith's Silent Bob will be "more mature" in the reboot.

As for when the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot will begin filming, it's believed that shooting will begin next month in New Orleans. Jason Mewes revealed that bit of information back in November along with the pre-production news, so it appears that everything is moving ahead. The actor also revealed that they had secured the funding to make the reboot, so money shouldn't be a problem.

It's unclear who else will star in the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot except for Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith, and some actors from The CW's The Flash including, Grant Gustin, Tom Cavanagh, and Carlos Ramon, who will have cameos. As for the rest of the team, it's unknown at this time. But, one can imagine that Smith will be able to get some actors to return to the franchise like Ben Affleck, Joey Adams, Jason Lee, Brian O'Halloran, Ethan Suplee, and hopefully some more. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Jay & Silent Bob Reboot is still in the very early stages of production, so anything can happen at this time, but we're all hoping that everything comes together this time around and the movie ends up starting the filming process next month. It's been a long time since we've seen Jay and Silent Bob on the big screen, and the world is a much different place now, leaving a whole new generation to poke fun at through Kevin Smith's unique lens. You can check out the official Jay & Silent Bob Reboot announcement below, thanks to Kevin Smith's Twitter account.

Spent the first day of 2019 having a #JayAndSilentBobReboot pre-pre-production meeting at our holiday-roomy @WeWork office! @JayMewes took this pic of me and @JordanMonsanto to both mark the moment and to document that we were the only dopes in Hollywood working on the holiday. pic.twitter.com/xTNrpN6OF6
— KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith) January 2, 2019
JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Dv4uhs10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2019, 7:50 am

Silent Bob!!! You skinny little bitch! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2019, 9:42 am

Jay & Silent Bob Cosplayers Are Wanted for Kevin Smith's Reboot
JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Jay-an11
Kevin Smith is calling on hardcore fans to take part in the filming of the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot. Specifically, Smith and the crew are looking for fans to cosplay as Jay and Silent Bob or Bluntman and Chronic in a variety of different costume designs. The highly anticipated sequel is currently in the pre-production phase with filming scheduled to begin at the end of February and Smith is starting to get pretty excited about the movie finally getting off of the ground after years of talking about it.

Now that production is about to begin, Kevin Smith and the rest of the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot team are asking the fans for some help. However, this is the fun kind of help, which will give fans a chance to have a spot in the movie. You can read the details about what Smith and his crew are looking for below.

"In the flick, we've got a convention scene that requires lots of Jay and Silent Bob themed extras! So I'm inviting you to join us AS those extras! I'm looking for all sorts Jay and Silent Bob cosplayers of every gender, race or nationality, as well as creative variations of Jay & Bob too: like steampunk Jay & Bob, Jedi Jay & Bob, Rick & Morty Jay & Bob, Bat-Jay & Bob, Ape Jay & Bob, Zombie Jay & Bob, Furry Jay & Bob, etc! The funnier or the more fucked-up (within reason and without harming yourself or others), the likelier you'll get featured in our shots! If you ever wanted to get screen time in one of my dopey flicks, there won't be a better chance than this!"

Kevin Smith notes that the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot will be shooting from the end of February through the end of March in New Orleans. The convention scene sounds like it will be huge and a good time too, with a bunch of Kevin Smith fans running around dressed up like the titular characters. Fans just have to remember that their costumes all have to be homemade and not bought from a store.

There has been some confusion as to what exactly the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is, but it should be considered a sequel to 2001's Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back. As for what the movie will be about, Kevin Smith gave the details at the end of last month, noting that his massive heart attack influenced his decision to get the ball running. Basically, the movie sounds like a perfect story for the continuation of the two iconic characters. Smith explains.

"In Jay & Silent Bob Reboot our herbal heroes find out Hollywood is making a reboot of the old movie that was based on them, so they journey out to Hollywood to stop it again."

It's been two years since Kevin Smith first announced Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, so it's about time that the action start. While production is about to begin, we still do not have an official release date. With that being said, if everything goes smoothly, we might be able to see the sequel sometime in early 2020. You can check out the casting announcement for Jay and Silent Bob Reboot below, thanks to Kevin Smith's Instagram account.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/11/2019, 6:24 pm

That sounds cool to me, but at the same time Harley's got a stalker and apparently there have been threats made against the family so inviting a bunch of costumed strangers seems like an odd thing to do right now
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/11/2019, 6:48 pm

Tyger wrote:That sounds cool to me, but at the same time Harley's got a stalker and apparently there have been threats made against the family so inviting a bunch of costumed strangers seems like an odd thing to do right now

It's a controlled set, so it'll be manageable. They know exactly who he is and what he looks like, so it should be easy to keep him out. Just make sure no-one gets in whilst wearing a mask of any kind. And Kevin would have more than a few fans that would gladly kick the shit out of the dude if he showed up.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/12/2019, 9:46 am

Rusty wrote:
Tyger wrote:That sounds cool to me, but at the same time Harley's got a stalker and apparently there have been threats made against the family so inviting a bunch of costumed strangers seems like an odd thing to do right now

It's a controlled set, so it'll be manageable. They know exactly who he is and what he looks like, so it should be easy to keep him out. Just make sure no-one gets in whilst wearing a mask of any kind. And Kevin would have more than a few fans that would gladly kick the shit out of the dude if he showed up.

I've heard nothing of this, do you both follow his podcast or something?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/12/2019, 6:22 pm

No, I’ll just do a google search on people every now and then to see what they’re up to. I just happened to check on Kev the other day and saw all that Harley stalker business
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/12/2019, 6:41 pm

Tyger wrote:No, I’ll just do a google search on people every now and then to see what they’re up to. I just happened to check on Kev the other day and saw all that Harley stalker business

Same. Dude's creepy as fuck too. I noticed he'd previously been arrested for calling in a bomb-threat somewhere.

I'd say buy his daughter a handgun for CCW and get her some training, as I'm a big fan of America's 2nd Amendment, but unfortunately Kevin and his family seem like the quintessential modern Californians that don't like guns and believe their personal safety and well-being is someone else's responsibility.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2019, 12:25 pm

While Kevin hasn't confirmed any casting news for the movie that starts filming tomorrow, it's strongly rumored that Jason Lee is returning as they are prepping to shoot scenes at Brodie's Secret Stash. Could it be, the first time we'll see Brodie in 20 years???

Last I'd heard Jason had pretty much quit acting, gave up Scientology and moved his family out to Texas a few years back and was just living the quiet life. I know he did those Chipmunk movies, but I haven't even seen him since he guested on Raising Hope like 8 years ago. I was not expecting him to return for this movie but I am definitely excited if this rumor turns out to be true.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/24/2019, 12:38 pm

I hope so, I miss Jason Lee. I watched a compilation of his skateboarding on YouTube recently and I think some of it is pretty recent, but not sure.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2019, 12:45 pm

Tyger wrote:I hope so, I miss Jason Lee. I watched a compilation of his skateboarding on YouTube recently and I think some of it is pretty recent, but not sure.

I don't think I've ever actually seen him skate...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/24/2019, 2:08 pm

He was a pro before he started acting but never stopped just skating for himself, there was a lot of footage from sets of him skating and not just lazily riding a board, but doing tricks
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2019, 3:18 pm

Tyger wrote:He was a pro before he started acting but never stopped just skating for himself, there was a lot of footage from sets of him skating and not just lazily riding a board, but doing tricks

I knew Jason was a pro skater before he turned to acting but outside of a few movie roles where he was on a board but I never actually saw if he was any good.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/25/2019, 5:09 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/25/2019, 5:21 pm

Yay and sad at the same time with Stan overhead
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/8/2019, 3:49 pm

Jay and Silent Bob's Girl Gang Gets a Reboot for International Women's Day
JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot 53327610
"For International Women's Day, let me introduce you to our Reboot Girl Gang! In Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jay and Silent Bob met up with a Girl Gang in a van. So in the Reboot, the stoner duo meet up with another Girl Gang in a very similar van (I'm telling you, it's almost the same movie). And as most reboots feature a familiar story freshly presented with a young and diverse new cast, we follow the example and go full Force Awakens with our Girl Gang!"

"Aparna Brielle plays our plucky Jihad, Treshelle Edmond plays our Silent Bob-ish Soapy, Alice Wen plays our mysterious international podcaster Shan Yu, and my favorite actress ever Harley Quinn Smith plays Milly - who's kinda like the Justice of this Girl Gang (minus the romance with Jay, naturally). And like the last Girl Gang that changed Jay and Silent Bob's lives, these quick, quippy young ladies will take our heroes on the adventure of a lifetime, ending at that most wretched hive of scum and villainy - Hollywood!"

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot 52700610
Method Acting! In @jayandsilentbob Reboot, we finally answer the immortal question: How high? So @jaymewes and I turned to the only men who might be able to solve this eternal mystery: @methodmanofficial & @redmangilla! Holy fuck, what a great night we had on set! It was a gigantic, packed day where we had a hundred extras and I was in and out of costumes - and in the middle of it all was the Mef and Red scene. But the moment we called “Action,” the legends launched into the single best first take I ever shot in 25 years: they were pitch-perfect and hysterical (and a little touching)! It was so good, I could’ve cut their whole performance from that one take! But my friends flew all way to #nola to say this shit, so we did another two shot, a pair of singles and then picture wrapped our secret sauce! I’ve had millions of memorable moments over the course of my career. But watching that magic take unfurl is in my Top Ten! And when I heard #methodman and #redman say “Snoogans” and “Snootchie Bootchies”? I was lifted! Many thanks for bringing absolute fire, my friends! #KevinSmith #jasonmewes #jaymewes #JayandSilentBobReboot #indiefilm #JayandSilentBob #wutang #acting #JayandSilentBobStrikeBack #indiefilmmaking

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot 53596310
Here come da’ Judge! @jayandsilentbob had to go to court yesterday with a comedic legal dream team that included a pair of #zackandmirimakeaporno veterans! On the bench was the honorable @mrcraigrobinson, who fought frigid Pittsburgh winter weather with me a decade ago to make a Porno. Speaking of Penguins country, Pittsburgh’s own @deathsaves Dungeon master Mister @joemanganiello was our Bailiff (with producer @jordanmonsanto playing his twin). The creator, star and director of my favorite show, @sho_smilf (as well as my costar in the #hollyweed pilot) @frankieshawisag joined us as the Prosecutor! And for the Defense - my @tuskthemovie brother-in-sewn-up-arms, the genius @therealstephenblatt as the Lawyer (who sounds an awful lot like a Bobby Long-less Brandon St. Randy)! Reboot looks like my extended family scrap book, with cameos from folks I’ve worked with for years (and a few famous folks I’ve never met before but am looking forward to making pretend beside). And these fine folks flew all the way to #nola the day before #mardigras to fling funny around and make my movie better. And since I know what they got paid, I’m relatively sure they didn’t do it for the meager money. There’s a lot of love in this photo (which more resembles the key art for a “Night Court” reboot than the actual scene we shot yesterday). I appreciate that love and send it right back to my fellow thespians for making the cross-country Reboot-y Call! #KevinSmith #jasonmewes #craigrobinson #justinlong #frankieshaw #joemanganiello #deathsaves #jayandsilentbobreboot #JayandSilentBob #JayandSilentBobStrikeBack #indiefilm #indiefilmmaking  @dpronlevy @traceylandon @destrofilms @jaymewes @jayandsilentbob @jordanmonsanto @kylebonokaplan @saban_films @universalpictures @skitbags @hideoutpictures @legionmofficial

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot 52120310
This is not a @redbox ad - this is a big thank you from @jayandsilentbob Reboot to the good folks at Red Box for the Gretzky-like assist in getting us a kiosk for our movie. I Tweeted at #redbox in pre-production, asking if they could help us out and the Red Boxketeers delivered! As with all the good things in my life, this movie starts at Quick Stop. And as in the real world, video stores (like Jay and Silent Bob themselves) are a thing of the past. So to help tell our story of how time marches on and how the past gives way (reluctantly) to the inevitable future, having the modern version of a video store Clerk make a wordless cameo at the top of the flick really sets the tone. Don’t get me wrong: we’re making a vulgar l’il comedy. But since the vulgar l’il comedian behind the camera nearly dropped dead last year, there’s a surprising amount of introspection for a #jayandsilentbob flick. I know this because I spent all weekend editing, cutting together 23 minutes of the movie, including the opening and closing scenes. The first scene is easily one of the funniest sequences I’ve ever shot, and the final scene is heartbreakingly beautiful for a movie about cartoonish weed dealers who go on the journey of a lifetime. Again. We start Week 2 in 10 minutes. #KevinSmith #Jay Mewes jayandsilentbobreboot #jayandsilentbob #videostore #quickstop #JasonMewes #SilentBob #clerks #nola #neworleans #JayandSilentBobStrikeBack #indiefilm #indiefilmmaking

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot 52624210

We’re not even supposed to be here today! It was 26 years ago that @briancohalloran and I first gathered at the Quick Stop to start a cinematic journey of a lifetime - a journey that continues in @jayandsilentbob Reboot! With shooting Dante today and Brodie on Day 1, Reboot has thus far played out like my own personal version of the last 10 minutes of Tim Burton’s BIG FISH, as all my old friends and the people who made me what I am today return to say g’bye! Then we reboot that g’bye into a big fat hello! Welcome back to the View Askewniverse, my friends! It’s like the @marvelstudios cinematic universe - just with waaaaaaaay less money. #KevinSmith #jayandsilentbobreboot #brianohalloran #movie #clerks #dante #quickstop #quickstopconvenientstore

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/8/2019, 6:42 pm

Kevin's wearing pants!!
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/8/2019, 6:44 pm

Tyger wrote:Kevin's wearing pants!!

Silent Bob has always worn jeans.

The "jorts" were just a Kevin thing.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/8/2019, 6:56 pm

Still
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/8/2019, 7:02 pm

Rusty wrote:
Tyger wrote:Kevin's wearing pants!!

Silent Bob has always worn jeans.

The "jorts" were just a Kevin thing.

I just can't get used to Silent Bob being such a skinny little bitch now.... Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/8/2019, 10:28 pm

He's also been doing small video diaries whilst filming this.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2019, 6:41 am

Rusty wrote:He's also been doing small video diaries whilst filming this.

I had no idea. Thanks! Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/9/2019, 6:04 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:He's also been doing small video diaries whilst filming this.

I had no idea. Thanks! Cool

... and I think he cries in every one. Dude’s always crying now. He even posted a pick of himself with teary eyes after watching Captain Marvel, because they referenced him in it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/9/2019, 6:11 pm

Yeah he was getting pretty emotional even before the heart attack and it’s tenfold now.

For me, it’s juuuuuuuust on the right side of annoying.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2019, 6:38 pm

Rusty wrote:... and I think he cries in every one. Dude’s always crying now. He even posted a pick of himself with teary  eyes after watching Captain Marvel, because they referenced him in it.

Captain Marvel made a Kevin Smith reference? I thought that was a prequel movie that took place like 30 years ago. 

Tyger wrote:Yeah he was getting pretty emotional even before the heart attack and it’s tenfold now.

Emotional is one thing but tears streaming down the cheeks blubbering like a baby is another thing. Is this all since the heart attack?

As a life long wrestling fan, I've lost count of how many times I've seen Ric Flair cry over the last 20 years when he gives a speech. Maybe I'm desensitized from it now but I feel absolutely nothing inside when I see other men cry, except embarrassed for them. So thanks for the heads up guys.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/9/2019, 7:09 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Captain Marvel made a Kevin Smith reference? I thought that was a prequel movie that took place like 30 years ago. 

It's actually a Mallrats reference via a Stan Lee cameo. The movie is set around the time Mallrats was made (mid-90's), and apparently Stan Lee is on a train reading a script, rehearsing some of his lines from Mallrats.

Tyger wrote:Yeah he was getting pretty emotional even before the heart attack and it’s tenfold now.

Emotional is one thing but tears streaming down the cheeks blubbering like a baby is another thing. Is this all since the heart attack?

As a life long wrestling fan, I've lost count of how many times I've seen Ric Flair cry over the last 20 years when he gives a speech. Maybe I'm desensitized from it now but I feel absolutely nothing inside when I see other men cry, except embarrassed for them. So thanks for the heads up guys.

As Tyg said he'd been doing it a lot pre-heart attack. His reactions to the first season finale of The Flash seemed to be the kicking off point, but it's 10 fold now. He also mentions his heart attack in everything. Every video, every social media post. Everything.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2019, 7:19 pm

Rusty wrote:As Tyg said he'd been doing it a lot pre-heart attack. His reactions to the first season finale of The Flash seemed to be the kicking off point, but it's 10 fold now. He also mentions his heart attack in everything. Every video, every social media post. Everything.

Well that just makes me want to avoid watching all of his videos. I wasn't avoiding them prior, just never got the desire to watch his BTS stuff but if all he's gonna do is cry, then I just might as well continue on not watching anything he puts out besides his actual movies.

But what's with all the crying, was he surprised that a lifetime of being a fat fuck nearly killed him? You'd think when your only shirt is a hockey jersey, your only pants are jorts, that'd be your sign.

Dammit Kevin, just smoke more Cannabis and stop crying.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/9/2019, 7:24 pm

No, he’s grateful to be alive. He’s like one of those people who have a near death experience and find the beauty in everything for a week and then go back to normal except this is his new normal.

I got no hate, it can be a bit much sometimes but it comes from a good place. I haven’t seen him be preachy or anything which would be far more annoying than emotional.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2019, 9:43 pm

Tyger wrote:No, he’s grateful to be alive. He’s like one of those people who have a near death experience and find the beauty in everything for a week and then go back to normal except this is his new normal.

I got no hate, it can be a bit much sometimes but it comes from a good place. I haven’t seen him be preachy or anything which would be far more annoying than emotional.

So he's not self-helping everybody all the time and talking about a new devout love for Jesus?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/9/2019, 10:08 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

So he's not self-helping everybody all the time and talking about a new devout love for Jesus?

Not at all. He just gets emotional. He's aware of it too, he's just extremely grateful for the career he's had and still continues to have. In that fourth video above you can see as he's talking about his movie, he starts to well up and he says something like "shit, here it comes".
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2019, 10:21 pm

Rusty wrote:Not at all. He just gets emotional. He's aware of it too, he's just extremely grateful for the career he's had and still continues to have. In that fourth video above you can see as he's talking about his movie, he starts to well up and he says something like "shit, here it comes".

Did all this reflection make him realize that he's wasted too many years making that shitty Northern trilogy and he needs to get back to making movies his fans actually want? Is that why we're getting Jay and Silent Bob's Consolation Prize?

Has he ever discussed whatever happened to Mallrats 2 or his hockey movie, Hit Somebody? I looked forward to those projects forever but nothing ever came of them and he's spent the last ten years making unwatchable movies I had no interest in.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/9/2019, 10:50 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Has he ever discussed whatever happened to Mallrats 2 or his hockey movie, Hit Somebody? I looked forward to those projects forever but nothing ever came of them and he's spent the last ten years making unwatchable movies I had no interest in.

He discusses all of it in the video I posted in the third post of this thread.

Essentially, with Clerks 3, they had the budget and were all ready to get into production, and Jeff Anderson pulled out. Kevin was always adamant there couldn't be a Clerks movie without all 4 characters: Randle, Dante, Jay, and Bob - so no Randle, no movie.

With Mallrats, Universal owned the rights to it, and didn't want to do it ... and Universal aren't just a movie studio, they're a catalogue house, meaning once they own it, they will never sell it, so they wouldn't even let him get co-financing from somewhere else to pay for it.

Watch the video, it's pretty informative. He starts talking about the movies at the 7:30 mark (before that it's a sponsors ad, and talk about Marc's new job).

I'll post it again here in case you hate scrolling up Very Happy

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2019, 6:18 am

Rusty wrote:He discusses all of it in the video I posted in the third post of this thread.

Essentially, with Clerks 3, they had the budget and were all ready to get into production, and Jeff Anderson pulled out. Kevin was always adamant there couldn't be a Clerks movie without all 4 characters: Randle, Dante, Jay, and Bob - so no Randle, no movie.

With Mallrats, Universal owned the rights to it, and didn't want to do it ... and Universal aren't just a movie studio, they're a catalogue house, meaning once they own it, they will never sell it, so they wouldn't even let him get co-financing from somewhere else to pay for it.

Watch the video, it's pretty informative. He starts talking about the movies at the 7:30 mark (before that it's a sponsors ad, and talk about Marc's new job).

I'll post it again here in case you hate scrolling up Very Happy

I forgot about Anderson being a selfish prick..... Evil or Very Mad 

When Kevin was assembling the Mallrats cast I was so stoked and then when it was gonna be a tv series I was even more excited and then it suddenly went away. So he put together his whole cast without even having the financing? That's crazy.....

I forget a lot on account of Cannabis, so thanks for posting again, I never got around to watching it the first time but I will this time.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/10/2019, 6:57 am

I was about to say I just saw the opening post where it is mentioned "one of our four leads opted out of the flick" and was going to ask who it was and then saw Russ and Wylde's posts.

I wonder why Jeff Anderson didn't want to do it. Clearly he's not a career actor so he must have more gooder betterer stuff going on in his life.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2019, 7:06 am

Has Kevin mentioned the casting of Chris Jericho in this flick? I came across this on Jericho's feed.

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot 11282610
Well that’s a wrap! To say it’s an honor and a bucket list event to be a part of the hilarious new @jayandsilentbob flick #JayAndSilentBobReboot would be the underestimate of a lifetime! Thx to @thatkevinsmith & @jordanmonsanto for casting me in 2 AMAZING parts in 2 different movies in less than 7 months, (and dousing me in 2 separate disgusting substances in each) and for finally assembling the #Y2JayAndSilentBob lineup I’ve been dreaming about since I rented #Mallrats at #BlockbusterVideo 24 years ago! (Plus @jasonmewes was even cooler than i knew he would be! Btw...Did I win #FiveDollarFriday, Mewes??) #CanYouDigIt #HaterTots

JayandSilentBob - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot 52713110

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/10/2019, 9:54 am

joey con carne wrote:I was about to say I just saw the opening post where it is mentioned "one of our four leads opted out of the flick" and was going to ask who it was and then saw Russ and Wylde's posts.

I wonder why Jeff Anderson didn't want to do it. Clearly he's not a career actor so he must have more gooder betterer stuff going on in his life.
I know he’s always felt owed more money for Clerks, but I don’t know if that’s it or not
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next