Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Rusty on 2/9/2017, 5:56 pm





This is not a drill! This is an actual image from my laptop! Yes, Kids - Jay and Silent Bob are coming back! Here's the story: Sadly, Clerks III can't happen (one of our four leads opted out of the flick). So I worked on a #Mallrats movie instead... which also didn't happen because it turned into a #Mallrats series. I've pitched said sequel series to 6 different networks only to find no takers thus far. Mind you, I'm not complaining: nobody gets to make EVERYTHING they wanna make in this business (do they?). And I've been lucky to make anything at all, there's so much competition out there, so many much cooler ideas from fresh folks. And besides: I had #comicbookmen and then @tuskthemovie and @yogahosers (which all came together so crazy quickly), and the podcasts and #fatmanonbatman. With all of that, how could I bitch about no Clerks III or Mallrats 2? Then when I started directing @thecw shows, it was such a slice of Heaven on Earth, I happily put my Askewniverse sequels to the side. Since I sold #Clerks and #Mallrats years ago, they're owned by others, which limits my moves with my own material. I don't mind: back in the day, all I ever wanted to do was sell my stuff so I could be in the movie biz in the first place. So I don't own Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy or #Dogma... But I DO own #jayandsilentbob. So while I love playing with someone else's new toys on @cwtheflash and @Supergirl, I'm getting eager to play with my old toys again in the inter-connected View Askewniverse I spent the first half of my career creating. And so all last month, I had the time of my life laughing while writing "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" - a fun flick in which the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old "Bluntman & Chronic Movie" they hated so much. It's a tongue-in-cheek, silly-ass satire that pokes fun at the movie business's recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces! And I already met with the good folks at Miramax and they're into it, so I'm hoping we'll be shooting in the summer! Never give up, kids. You CAN do anything you want in life, so long as you're patient and malleable. #KevinSmith


So no Clerks III or Mallrats follow-up. That sucks. New Jay & Silent Bob sound good though Very Happy
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1893
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by WyldeMan on 2/9/2017, 6:13 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:So no Clerks III or Mallrats follow-up. That sucks. New Jay & Silent Bob sound good though Very Happy

I am highly disappointment to hear what happened with the Mallrats series since it was completed so long ago but the idea of another J&SB movie excites me.

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14828
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Rusty on 2/17/2017, 11:34 pm

avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1893
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Tyger on 2/18/2017, 10:20 am

I still don't understand how he can own Jay and Silent Bob, you'd think they'd be owned by Miramax since they originated in Clerks
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1451
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Rusty on 2/18/2017, 6:46 pm

I think you'll find it comes down to licensing and how he sold Clerks and Mallrats.

He owns the characters, IP etc, but to get them made, he would have given up all film rights to future sequels, etc.

He had probably wised up by the time JaSB Strike Back came around, and managed to retain future rights in negotiation, given that the characters names were in the title.

He'll be able to give Dante and Randall a cameo in the new JSB, he just can't make a movie called Clerks.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1893
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by WyldeMan on 2/18/2017, 8:00 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:He'll be able to give Dante and Randall a cameo in the new JSB, he just can't make a movie called Clerks.

He should just title it #Cl3rks so only millennials will get it and everybody else will be like "what the fuck does that even mean?"

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14828
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Tyger on 2/18/2017, 9:32 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:I think you'll find it comes down to licensing and how he sold Clerks and Mallrats.

He owns the characters, IP etc, but to get them made, he would have given up all film rights to future sequels, etc.

He had probably wised up by the time JaSB Strike Back came around, and managed to retain future rights in negotiation, given that the characters names were in the title.

He'll be able to give Dante and Randall a cameo in the new JSB, he just can't make a movie called Clerks.
Pretty sure we won't be seeing Randall again, he barely showed up for 2 and I'm willing to bet is the one who bailed on 3.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1451
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Rusty on 2/18/2017, 11:54 pm

Tyger wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:I think you'll find it comes down to licensing and how he sold Clerks and Mallrats.

He owns the characters, IP etc, but to get them made, he would have given up all film rights to future sequels, etc.

He had probably wised up by the time JaSB Strike Back came around, and managed to retain future rights in negotiation, given that the characters names were in the title.

He'll be able to give Dante and Randall a cameo in the new JSB, he just can't make a movie called Clerks.
Pretty sure we won't be seeing Randall again, he barely showed up for 2 and I'm willing to bet is the one who bailed on 3.

I guarantee he bailed on 3, but he'll do a cameo. He likes where 2 left things .... plus he thinks the studio owes him money from the original. He doesn't like working with them.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1893
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by WyldeMan on 2/19/2017, 7:07 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:... plus he thinks the studio owes him money from the original. He doesn't like working with them.

Does anybody like working with Harvey?
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14828
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum