Terminator 6 (Linda Hamilton Returning as Sarah Connor)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terminator 6 (Linda Hamilton Returning as Sarah Connor)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/22/2017, 12:31 pm

He’ll be back! James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet. Sources said that Cameron, whose copyright reversion happens 35 years after the release of the 1984 classic, is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales.

David Ellison, whose Skydance co-financed Terminator Genisys, is bankrolling an exploratory effort that includes engaging some top-flight science fiction authors to find the movie creatively. Ellison still holds many Terminator rights, after his 2013 acquisition from sister and Annapurna principal Megan Ellison. She bought them in 2011 at Cannes for $20 million.

This is the latest development in an ongoing saga. Indeed, The Terminator might have endured the craziest road of any billion-dollar movie franchise, going back to when Cameron — who only had Piranha 2 under his belt as director — sold rights to his scripted project for $1 to producer Gale Anne Hurd, with the stipulation he could not be fired as director. The result was a 1984 sci-fi classic that launched his star and that of  Arnold Schwarzenegger. Cameron came back and topped himself to write and direct he blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but he washed his hands of the property after that. He mentioned to producers Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna his plans to buy the rights back from Carolco bankruptcy. They beat him to the punch, figuring he would still participate, but Cameron responded by walking away. He didn’t participate in the three films that followed, or the TV show The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The rights ended up with Pacificor, which paid $29.5 million, and Megan Ellison bought them after that company floundered.

Cameron has had zero involvement since then, and has largely been silent. The exception was on the last picture, Terminator Genisys. Perhaps because his old buddy and True Lies star Schwarzenegger had returned as the title character, Cameron was generous in his assessment, reportedly saying that the Alan Taylor-directed film had reinvigorated and created a renaissance for the franchise.

Audiences disagreed and the franchise seemed out of gas when the $155 million film grossed $440 million worldwide, but didn’t do nearly well enough in the U.S. Perhaps Cameron was foreshadowing his own future return to the franchise. Much the way that Sony used to rush Spider-Man movies to stay ahead of a rights-reversion ticking clock, it was always known that Cameron would regain clout eventually. It didn’t seem that Skydance or Paramount had much interest continuing the creative track of the last film, but real creative involvement by Cameron, even if he doesn’t direct, changes the whole ballgame. One only has to look at Aliens, True Lies, Titanic or Avatar to see what he is capable of creatively when he puts his mind to something.

I don’t know anything more than I’ve disclosed here, including whether they reboot the whole thing or pick up from where Cameron left off after the second film. I’ve heard the hope is for Miller to direct whatever they come up with. Cameron is booked for four Avatar sequels, to shoot two at a time. No comment from any of the involved parties.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 9/20/2017, 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terminator 6 (Linda Hamilton Returning as Sarah Connor)

Post by WyldeMan on 7/26/2017, 7:46 am

James Cameron Considering a New ‘Terminator’ Trilogy
The Terminator franchise has not been downright “good” since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but hopefully that’s about to change. In 2018, the rights to the Terminator franchise revert back to James Cameron, and the originator of the series has been working with current rights holder David Ellison to make plans to reinvigorate the series. Word leaked in January that Cameron was looking to oversee a new Terminator reboot, with Deadpool director Tim Miller eyed to take the helm, but nothing has been officially announced just yet.

However, in speaking with News.com.au (via CS), Cameron reveals that he’s envisioning not just one franchise reboot, but a new trilogy:

“The question is — has the franchise run its course or can it be freshened up? So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half, so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.”

Of course, a new Terminator trilogy was also the plan when Terminator: Genisys was made, and that dreadful redo (really a cross between a straight remake and a reboot) performed poorly at the box office and was savaged by critics. Ellison’s Skydance Productions produced Genisys and had long, overarching plans for the franchise, so it’s heartening to hear that Ellison is still interested in getting Terminator right, and obviously bringing Cameron into the fold is a big win.

The rights don’t revert to Cameron until next year, so nothing official can happen until then and Cameron is plenty busy finally getting ready to start production on the first two Avatar sequels, but it’s certainly intriguing to hear that he seems invested in trying to bring Terminator back in a big way.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 7/26/2017, 8:44 am

Both he and Ridley need to give their frachises a rest.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 7/26/2017, 10:20 am

A trilogy is all you needed to tell a good story. Everything after Terminator 2 was just bad. Reboot it, bring back Arnold because he's amazing in this role and cast Tom Hardy as John Connor. There is your start!

Isn't Cameron busy with making those terrible Avatar sequels? If he dropped those and focused on this, that would be great. He needs to finish what he started with this franchise. It's been too damn long.

Last edited by UltimateMarvel on 7/26/2017, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 7/26/2017, 10:40 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:A trilogy is all you needed to tell a good story. Everything after Terminator 2 was just bad. Reboot it, bring back Arnold because he's amazing in this role and cast Tom Hardy and John Connor. There is your start!

Isn't Cameron busy with making those terrible Avatar sequels? If he dropped those and focused on this, that would be great. He needs to finish what he started with this franchise. It's been too damn long.

Cameron has spent the last 8 years making Avatar sequels that are still another 8 years away. At the pace he's heading, T6 might arrive in 2030.

I can name half a dozen franchises that have been mishandled that I would love to be given another shot but they're never gonna be done properly, so I give up.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 7/26/2017, 10:49 am

All we know that he's done in the last years is remaster and 3D convert Titanic and T2
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 7/26/2017, 1:18 pm

Tyger wrote:All we know that he's done in the last years is remaster and 3D convert Titanic and T2

Did Avatar fry his brain cause he stopped being an actual Director a long time ago. What happened to that guy?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 7/26/2017, 1:20 pm

He got a hard on for exploring the ocean for a long ass time
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 7/26/2017, 1:27 pm

Tyger wrote:He got a hard on for exploring the ocean for a long ass time

If Cameron wasn't still acting like a total cunt, I'd think he'd been body swapped prior to Avatar but nobody can fake being that much of a twat all of the time without legitimately being Cameron.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/11/2017, 8:37 am

New Terminator Movie Shoots in 2018, Schwarzenegger Will Return
He'll be back. And we aren't going to have to wait all that long for it to happen. We've been hearing buzz about Terminator creator James Cameron working on a Terminator reboot in recent months, with a recent report from the director himself saying that there is a plan for a potential trilogy. Arnold Schwarzenegger also said that he is going to return and now he has reiterated that, as well as providing us with the news that the new Terminator movie is going to shoot next year.

The news comes courtesy of The Playlist and according to their report, Arnold Schwarzenegger, who just turned 70, is going to once again take on his deadly android persona for what will be Terminator 6. The news came during an extensive interview in which the actor provided very brief updates on several projects, such as the Twins sequel Triplets, the new Conan movie and, most significantly, this new Terminator movie. Here's what he had to say about it.

"In March next year, I am shooting Terminator 6,' James Cameron and David Ellison are back on board and then comes a 'Conan."

There is quite a bit to unpack here even though Arnold Schwarzenegger didn't say much about it. For one, he calls it Terminator 6, which is in itself interesting. Terminator: Genisys was a complete failure across the board, so it seems like the best way to press on would be a reboot of some kind. But is this going to continue the Genisys storyline somehow? Or are they just going to use some complicated time travel plot line to reset things again? That remains to be seen, but Schwarzenegger's presence is going to provide some connective tissue no matter what the case.

David Ellison is the man who currently holds the rights to the Terminator franchise, but the rights are set to revert back to James Cameron in 2019. By the sound of things, it seems like they are working together to make this newly proposed Terminator trilogy happen. It was reported a few months ago that Deadpool director Tim Miller is set to direct the new Terminator movie. Sadly, Cameron is going to be up to his eyeballs directing not one but four Avatar sequels over the next handful of years. So it is tough to even imagine he can be all that hands-on as a producer, but having him back with the franchise in any capacity can't hurt.

It is worth noting that Arnold Schwarzenegger talks about stuff a lot that doesn't always wind up happening. Case in point, the Conan movie he mentions is dead when writer Chris Morgan last updated everyone on it. And he has been talking about the Twins sequel for years. But with James Cameron and David Ellison both talking about the Terminator Reboot this year as well, this seems very plausible. All we can do is hope that we finally get something that is worthy of the legacy left behind by Terminator 2: Judgement Day. If nothing else, T2 is getting a 3D release next year, so we have that to look forward to.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/11/2017, 11:06 am

Schwarzenegger Plays Human T-800 Prototype in New Terminator
Just one day after Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed that he'll start shooting the new Terminator reboot next March, producer James Cameron has offered an intriguing update. While promoting the upcoming 3D release of his 1991 classic Terminator 2: Judgment Day, James Cameron teased that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be playing a human character, whose DNA served as the basis for the T-800 Terminator models. Here's what the filmmaker had to say below.

"You got to ask yourself, 'Why did they make these characters look and sound like Arnold? There has to be a reason. So yeah, it has flashed through my mind that there has to have been a prototype. There has to have been a guy who's DNA was harvested from, that they grew the organic outer layer that they grew the Terminator from...and that presumably was a real person at some point. Now, the question is, did that person have some sort of meaning to Skynet on WHY they chose that one (Arnold)? Or was it like a whole rack of Terminators and the one that happened to be the Arnold model just happened to be closest to the door going out to the time displacement center and all the others looked different? I've asked myself these questions but it's never been resolved...so stay tuned! We're talking pretty seriously now about doing some new Terminator films or possibly a trilogy and you'll just have to see what surfaces in those."

This statement comes through a Q&A with The Arnold Fans, although it seems the director is unaware that this type of sequence has already been attempted before. There was a scene in 2003's Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, which James Cameron was not involved with and was directed by Jonathan Mostow, although it wasn't included in the theatrical cut of the film. The scene in question, which you can watch below, showcases all of the technological achievements of this new company CRS, which obtained all of the patents from Cyberdyne Systems, to create these Terminator robots, who were all based on a man named Chief Master Sergeant William Candy (Arnold Schwarzenegger), who has an atrocious Texas accent.

Still, even if James Cameron is aware of this Sergeant Candy scene, that may in fact be the inspiration to get this right, since the scene is quite cringe-worthy. James Cameron also teased last month that he's planning on producing an all new Terminator trilogy, adding that he's in discussions with David Ellison of Skydance Productions, who currently holds the worldwide rights to the Terminator franchise, with the U.S. rights reverting back to James Cameron in 2019, 35 years after his first Terminator movie. James Cameron revealed last month that he's "leaning towards" a new trilogy that will reinvent the entire franchise.

Tim Miller (Deadpool) is directing this new Terminator movie, although it isn't ultimately clear if he worked on the script, or who was brought on to write this Terminator Reboot. If production does in fact get started next March, that could put this new movie on track to hit theaters in 2019, just as the U.S. domestic rights to the film revert back to James Cameron.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 8/11/2017, 11:09 am

No
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/11/2017, 2:42 pm

No, this is great news FB. Don't you see what's happening? Cameron is reading my posts. Mr. Cameron, I'd just like to say thank you for taking the time to listen to my ideas. Cool But seriously, if Tom Hardy is cast next............CONFIRMED! Razz
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/11/2017, 5:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:No, this is great news FB. Don't you see what's happening? Cameron is reading my posts. Mr. Cameron, I'd just like to say thank you for taking the time to listen to my ideas.  Cool But seriously, if Tom Hardy is cast next............CONFIRMED! Razz

With Cameron, a return of Spam Worthlessness is far more likely.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/13/2017, 7:54 pm

Terminator 6 Confirms Deadpool Director Tim Miller
Tim Miller is officially onboard to direct Terminator 6 with James Cameron producing. After multiple poor attempts to revitalize the franchise, the rights to Terminator are finally poised to revert back to Cameron come 2019. As a result, he has been working on a way to revitalize the franchise in a big way. However, as he has already lined up four additional Avatar films, he was looking for a partner in this endeavor.

Once it was revealed that Cameron planned to reboot the franchise – one that is expected to wipe clean anything after T2: Judgement Day – Tim Miller’s name was instantly said to be in talks to direct. Yet, in the months since, there has been no word on whether or not the deal was closed.

Thanks to a social media post from Skydance, shared by Skynet’s Army, it has finally been confirmed that Miller will indeed direct the next Terminator film. The confirmation comes courtesy of an invite to a special 3D screening of T2 that will feature a conversation with Cameron and Miller before the movie starts. Here is a brief description of what to expect:

Join filmmakers James Cameron and Tim Miller on the Paramount Lot for an exclusive conservation with The Hollywood Reporter’s Matt Belloni about their collaboration on the upcoming Terminator.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/13/2017, 7:55 pm

If Ryan Reynolds ends up as the next Terminator, I will lose my fucking mind..... Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

But Brolin is currently shredded from his Cable role.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/13/2017, 8:40 pm

WyldeMan wrote:If Ryan Reynolds ends up as the next Terminator, I will lose my fucking mind..... Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

But Brolin is currently shredded from his Cable role.

Tim did a great job with Deadpool. Brolin as John Connor? That would be awesome. I can believe him as the leader of the resistance especially now that he's shredded.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/13/2017, 9:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Tim did a great job with Deadpool. Brolin as John Connor? That would be awesome. I can believe him as the leader of the resistance especially now that he's shredded.

Brolin would be a killer John Connor, they tend to only cast 140lb shit birds to play JC in the past cause of Furlong in T2.

I really worry with Miller's massive role in this, it means he's going to try and make the Terminator purposely funny.

But I just want more than anything for Ahunuld to not be part of this, he's old as shit.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/20/2017, 10:42 am

Linda Hamilton Returning as Sarah Connor
Sarah Connor is coming back.  After more than 25 years, Linda Hamilton is set to return to the Terminator cinematic universe for a new installment of the sci-fi franchise, Deadline has confirmed. The actress will reunite with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who will reprise his role as the killing machine from the future as well as James Cameron, who directed her in the original film as well as Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Deadline revealed back in January that Cameron was returning to his storied franchise creation for films that would be directed by Deadpool’s Tim Miller and would properly finish the ahead of its time humans vs Skynet storyline.

Cameron made the announcement during a private event saying, “As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return.” He adds, “There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys, but there isn’t an example of that for women.”

With the rise in younger-skewing female action stars, Hamilton will school these young women on how it is really done. Fans will definitely look forward to the continuation of her badass, action-packed performance in T2, where she was seen doing chin-ups in a mental institution, firing guns off like a boss, and beating down men twice her size.

Cameron and Skydance are set to produce while Miller directs. The movie will be based on a story by Cameron and Paramount will distribute domestically, while Fox will handle international. A trilogy is being planned in a writers room that includes David Goyer, Chris Eglee, Justin Rhodes, and Josh Friedman.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/20/2017, 4:22 pm

Wow! Wasn't expecting this at all.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/20/2017, 6:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wow! Wasn't expecting this at all.

At this rate, Cameron is probably cruising Skirow and see what Furlong is doing.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 9/20/2017, 6:18 pm

Their divorce was quite nasty, to be a fly on the wall when filming begins.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/20/2017, 7:04 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Their divorce was quite nasty, to be a fly on the wall when filming begins.

Yeah, doesn't Linda still hate Cameron?

They never worked together again after T2 did they?

I don't think I've seen Linda in anything since her arc on Chuck back around '11 or '12.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 9/20/2017, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/20/2017, 7:06 pm

They were married? I had no idea.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/20/2017, 7:08 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:They were married? I had no idea.

Cameron was married to kick ass director Kathryn Bigelow in the late 80s and then Linda Hamilton after that. I think he only stuck with each of them for a few years.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 9/20/2017, 7:42 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:They were married? I had no idea.

Cameron has been married five times.

First wife wasn't in the biz.

Second wife, was Gale Anne Hurd.

Their marriage ended, due to an affair.

With Kathryn Bigalow, who became wife  number three.

That marriage ended, due to an onset affair Cameron had with Linda.

That produced a child.

Cameron and Linda got married in 1997.

Barely lasted a year, he started an onset affair with Suzy Amis.

While they were filming Titanic.

Linda got a huge divorce settlement, reportedly 50 million.

Cameron has been married to Amis since 2000.

They have three children, she retired from acting in the late 90's.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/20/2017, 7:46 pm

I still haven't seen a single Terminator film since T2. Don't even remember that very well.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/20/2017, 7:55 pm

Damn! Cemeron is a player, fame got to his head. lol

Rusty wrote:I still haven't seen a single Terminator film since T2. Don't even remember that very well.

Keep it that way until this one comes out. It's shaping up nicely so far.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/21/2017, 7:56 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Cameron has been married five times.

First wife wasn't in the biz.

Second wife, was Gale Anne Hurd.

Their marriage ended, due to an affair.

With Kathryn Bigalow, who became wife  number three.

That marriage ended, due to an onset affair Cameron had with Linda.

That produced a child.

Cameron and Linda got married in 1997.

Barely lasted a year, he started an onset affair with Suzy Amis.

While they were filming Titanic.

Linda got a huge divorce settlement, reportedly 50 million.

Cameron has been married to Amis since 2000.

They have three children, she retired from acting in the late 90's.

I forgot how totally fucked up his marriage and infidelity record was.

Though every single one of those woman did have a big career and become a name except for Suzy so apparently staying with Cameron destroys careers.

Rusty wrote:I still haven't seen a single Terminator film since T2. Don't even remember that very well.

I'm probably the only person who didn't hate Terminator Salvation, however Spam Worthlessness always prevents me from being able to recommend it and I've seen it twice in 8 years.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 9/21/2017, 10:02 pm

After Cameron, Gale was briefly married to Brian DePalma.

They have a daughter.

He's an asshole.

While filming Abyss, he was verbally abusive towards Mary Elizabeth Masterantonio.

According to reports back then, it got so bad that Ed Harris had to step in.
The word is, he allegedly punched Cameron in the face.

A similar situation occurred, with Kate Winslet while filming Titanic.

My guess both actresses refused his advances.

Plus he constantly made fun of Winslet's weight.

Both Winslet and Leo vowed to never work with him again.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan Yesterday at 5:24 am

ForeverBlu wrote:After Cameron, Gale was briefly married to Brian DePalma.

They have a daughter.

He's an asshole.

While filming Abyss, he was verbally abusive towards Mary Elizabeth Masterantonio.

According to reports back then, it got so bad that Ed Harris had to step in.
The word is, he allegedly punched Cameron in the face.

A similar situation occurred, with Kate Winslet while filming Titanic.

My guess both actresses refused his advances.

Plus he constantly made fun of Winslet's weight.

Both Winslet and Leo vowed to never work with him again.

James Cameron is such a cunt....but Ed Harris seems like he's always been a gentleman.

He constantly made fun of her weight? I don't think I've ever seen Titanic but I thought she looked really good from what I recall. It seems like if he's not being abusive towards an actress, he doesn't know what to do with his life. It definitely explains why none of his casts repeat.....

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne Yesterday at 8:22 am

Probably started making fun of her weight because she wouldn't mess around with him. He sounds like a total cocksucker.

Kate Winslet was beautiful in Titanic. Hell, she's still beautiful today! Speaking of which, I want to see The Mountain Between Us.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan Yesterday at 9:53 am

joey con carne wrote:Probably started making fun of her weight because she wouldn't mess around with him. He sounds like a total cocksucker.

Kate Winslet was beautiful in Titanic. Hell, she's still beautiful today! Speaking of which, I want to see The Mountain Between Us.

I think I've seen Winslet in maybe 4 movies since Titanic came out and she always looked good to me.

I wonder how long before Cameron's accuser's step forward cause with all this terrible shit we publicly know about, can you imagine what he's gotten away with in his career in private? The truth will out.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel Yesterday at 10:43 pm

Again, didn't know about any of this. Seeing him in a whole different way now.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan Today at 6:56 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Again, didn't know about any of this. Seeing him in a whole different way now.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say something nice about Cameron. He's always been an abusive asshole who treated his women like slaves. After the Megan Fox Transformers story came out I read a lot more about his past and yet that doesn't matter what he does because as long as you make your friends money you can abuse anyone you want on or off camera and it's just fine by industry standards where profit is king.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum