Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Go down

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/15/2016, 8:35 am

Dunkirk opens as hundreds of thousands of British and Allied troops are surrounded by enemy forces. Trapped on the beach with their backs to the sea they face an impossible situation as the enemy closes in.



avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 18668
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 33
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/15/2016, 9:30 am

I saw this. Directed by Christopher Nolan, you just know this is going to be a great movie.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6294
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/15/2016, 10:27 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I saw this. Directed by Christopher Nolan, you just know this is going to be a great movie.

Hardy and Murphy make great co-stars.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 18668
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 33
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by Tyger on 8/9/2017, 3:00 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:I saw this. Directed by Christopher Nolan, you just know this is going to be a great movie.

Hardy and Murphy make great co-stars.
They have no scenes together. Good movie, but not sure how it'll hold up to home viewing.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/14/2018, 5:47 pm

Good movie but can't say it's Nolan's best. It was beautifully shot but basically focused on the war itself and not a whole lot on the characters. Hardy's scenes were probably the best but Harry Styles also did great for his first movie.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6294
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/14/2018, 6:55 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Good movie but can't say it's Nolan's best. It was beautifully shot but basically focused on the war itself and not a whole lot on the characters. Hardy's scenes were probably the best but Harry Styles also did great for his first movie.

All style no substance, sounds like business as usual for Nolan to me. He stopped trying long ago.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 18668
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 33
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/14/2018, 8:47 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Good movie but can't say it's Nolan's best. It was beautifully shot but basically focused on the war itself and not a whole lot on the characters. Hardy's scenes were probably the best but Harry Styles also did great for his first movie.

All style no substance, sounds like business as usual for Nolan to me. He stopped trying long ago.



Christopher Nolan is my favorite director. He's extremely talented. You didn't like Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige?
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6294
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/14/2018, 9:02 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Christopher Nolan is my favorite director. He's extremely talented. You didn't like Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige?

Interstellar was predictable garbage top to bottom not even Chastian could make me watch that a second time.

Inception. Once was more than enough.

The Prestige was twelve years ago and I have managed two viewings in that time.

Memento and Batman Begins are about all I really enjoyed in his entire career.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 18668
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 33
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by Rusty on 1/14/2018, 9:02 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:

Christopher Nolan is my favorite director. He's extremely talented. You didn't like Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige?

I generally enjoy his films, but have you never noticed they're all the same?

I haven't seen Dunkirk, or Inception, but Memento, Prestige, Batman (in particular the Bane one), are all the same movie. Nice visuals, narratives full of subterfuge, and then a twist reveal at the end. Interstellar was pretty much the same as well, but better.

He's a rich man's M. Night Shyamalama-Ding-Dong.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/14/2018, 9:04 pm

@Rusty wrote:I generally enjoy his films, but have you never noticed they're all the same?

I haven't seen Dunkirk, or Inception, but Memento, Prestige, Batman (in particular the Bane one), are all the same movie. Nice visuals, narratives full of subterfuge, and then a twist reveal at the end. Interstellar was pretty much the same as well, but better.

He's a rich man's M. Night Shyamalama-Ding-Dong.

If Michael Bay and M Night went back into the past and raised a baby together, it would be Christopher Nolan.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 18668
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 33
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by Tyger on 1/14/2018, 9:40 pm

You can hate on his dark knight trilogy and Dunkirk all you want, but Memento, The Prestige and especially Inception and Interstellar are quality films.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/14/2018, 10:34 pm

@Tyger wrote:You can hate on his dark knight trilogy and Dunkirk all you want, but Memento, The Prestige and especially Inception and Interstellar are quality films.

Thank you Tyger! Explain to these gentlemen the brilliance of his movies.

@Rusty wrote:I generally enjoy his films, but have you never noticed they're all the same?

I haven't seen Dunkirk, or Inception, but Memento, Prestige, Batman (in particular the Bane one), are all the same movie. Nice visuals, narratives full of subterfuge, and then a twist reveal at the end. Interstellar was pretty much the same as well, but better.

Yeah, I've noticed this but his storytelling is still unparalleled. Inception blew my mind and I've watched it many times, it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

@WyldeMan wrote:If Michael Bay and M Night went back into the past and raised a baby together, it would be Christopher Nolan.

Nolan is not really great at action so you can't really say Bay, but M Night I can understand.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6294
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by Rusty on 1/14/2018, 10:40 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@Tyger wrote:You can hate on his dark knight trilogy and Dunkirk all you want, but Memento, The Prestige and especially Inception and Interstellar are quality films.

Thank you Tyger! Explain to these gentlemen the brilliance of his movies.

Yeah, I've noticed this but his storytelling is still unparalleled. Inception blew my mind and I've watched it many times, it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy his movies, but they do seem to follow a certain format.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/14/2018, 10:45 pm

@Rusty wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@Tyger wrote:You can hate on his dark knight trilogy and Dunkirk all you want, but Memento, The Prestige and especially Inception and Interstellar are quality films.

Thank you Tyger! Explain to these gentlemen the brilliance of his movies.

Yeah, I've noticed this but his storytelling is still unparalleled. Inception blew my mind and I've watched it many times, it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy his movies, but they do seem to follow a certain format.

Don't get me wrong either, I just want to be clear.....I wish he'd stop making movies.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 18668
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 33
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/14/2018, 10:51 pm

@Rusty wrote:Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy his movies, but they do seem to follow a certain format.

I get it. Highly recommend you check out Inception though.

@WyldeMan wrote:Don't get me wrong either, I just want to be clear.....I wish he'd stop making movies.

What we have here is a hater. Stand clear everyone, he will not prevent us from enjoying these work of arts. Razz
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6294
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/14/2018, 10:56 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:What we have here is a hater. Stand clear everyone, he will not prevent us from enjoying these work of arts. Razz



avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 18668
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 33
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/14/2018, 11:06 pm

LOL! I was drinking water and it went down the wrong pipe. Thanks for that!
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 6294
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum