Random Thoughts

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan on 6/12/2017, 1:20 pm

Police nab sick mess of a human behind the ‘Blue Whale’ suicide game
The “administrator” of the sick “Blue Whale” suicide game has been traced by police back to a Moscow postman. And he allegedly had more than 30 schoolgirls under his spell.

Ilya Sidorov, 26, reportedly has confessed to conceiving and creating the social media game that gave youths a series of increasingly risky dares — ending in their own suicides.

Police questioned Sidorov over allegedly instructing a 13-year-old girl in the remote village of Yetkul to jump under a passenger train.

The girl had been taken to a hospital with cuts from an attempted suicide. Previously, he allegedly tasked her with outlining a blue whale on her arm and inflicting self-harm.

Sidorov allegedly broke down under interrogation, admitting to “administrating” a broader online “Blue Whale” challenge.

Sidorov has since been detained and extradited to Chelyabinsk in the Urals, where he faces charges relating to inciting the schoolgirl’s death.

A police spokeswoman said mobile phones, a tablet computer and several SIM cards have been seized as evidence.

“The suspect clarified that he is the administrator of a so-called suicide group that had 32 members, all of them underage,” the spokeswoman said. “He assigned them tasks aimed at injuring themselves in order to incite suicide.”

But Sidorov is not the only suicide-game “administrator” to have been arrested.

Philipp Budeikin, 21, is also being held by Russian police, charged with coaxing up to 16 schoolgirls to kill themselves.

The suicide game got its name from the way whales appear to beach themselves deliberately.

Its popularity has spread beyond the bounds of Russia, with related suicide attempts being reported in Spain, Portugal, France and Britain.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/12/2017, 1:22 pm

Who the fuck considers that a game other than a Psychopath!?!?!?!??! I'd never heard about this before but that is beyond disgusting....
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/13/2017, 2:55 am

Yesterday I erased and formatted an old 2TB external hard-drive.

Today I discovered I had instead accidentally erased my 2TB external hard-drive that had every single mp3, movie, and TV show, and every other video/music file that I had.

80% of it all was stuff that wasn't purchased.

Fuck.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/13/2017, 7:08 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Yesterday I erased and formatted an old 2TB external hard-drive.

Today I discovered I had instead accidentally erased my 2TB external hard-drive that had every single mp3, movie, and TV show, and every other video/music file that I had.

80% of it all was stuff that wasn't purchased.

Fuck.

Oh no........................I've done that before and I'll never forget.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/13/2017, 8:21 am

‘Batman’ star Adam West had sex with eight women a night
Holy family viewing, Batman — it turns out the Caped Crusader’s fetching satin pants spent a lot of time on the floor.

Adam West, who died on Saturday at age 88, became a TV legend for his camped-up portrayal of the hero in the ’60s.

But behind the mask was a sex-mad actor who slept with up to eight women a night — and turned to booze when the show was axed.

He and co-star Burt Ward, who played sidekick Robin, also romped with eager groupies in their dressing rooms in between scenes.

In fact, West discovered the only limits to his bedroom batpowers were those caused by his famous costume.

The actor explained years later: “Because of the physical limitations of the costume, you gotta have quickies.”

And he had an awful lot of them, as well as dates with fellow stars including actress sisters Natalie and Lana Wood, and Raquel Welch.

West explained: “Burt and I were like kids in a candy store. It was the Swinging Sixties with free love and women threw themselves at us. I remember one night with eight different women. Orgy is a harsh word, but it was eight at one time. I’d have young female co-stars in my dressing room at 7:45 in the morning.”

In fact, West did once turn up at what he described as an “orgy” in Hollywood with Frank Gorshin, who played “Batman” baddie The Riddler.

But they were thrown out for behaving like their TV alter-egos and making everyone laugh.

He said: “We walked in and it was an orgy. So I immediately went into the Batman character, and Frank went into the Riddler character, because we were getting the big giggles. It was so funny to us, what we walked into. And we were kicked out. We were expelled from the orgy.”

Meanwhile, trusty Boy Wonder Ward, who is now 71, claimed West was definitely the ringleader when it came to their own adventures.

He recalled decades later: “When I entered ‘Batman’ as a naive 20-year-old who had only dated a couple of girls, I met Adam West, who immediately introduced me to the wildest sexual debauchery that you can imagine. We often found that women were banging on our windows while we were bedded down with other women.”

He added: “We’re talking about wild times in the dressing rooms, on the set, between the shots, in the lunch wagon. And then of course, doing the personal appearances on the weekend, that’s where it really got wild. And I have to be honest with you, we became like sexual vampires.”

He added that the costumes seem to be part of the lure for women: “If you look at our show, you’ll see that we always stood with our legs open, our fists on hips and our bat bulges forward, which had a profound effect on women.”

West was 37 years old and twice divorced when he was offered the role that would define his life.

After years of small roles, he was deemed to be “Batman” material after bosses saw him playing an 007-type spy in a Nesquik commercial.

When the show hit screens in 1966, he and Ward became overnight sensations, in what was the most expensive show on television at the time.

It was also one of the funniest, with its surreal double entendres.

In a BBC interview in tribute to his late friend, Ward said: “We were playing it on multiple levels, we were playing with our audience. For the kids it was serious hero worship, for the adults it’s the nostalgia, the comic book, and for that very difficult audience at that time to capture, the teenagers and the college kids, it was the insinuations, the double entendres, all the things that nobody had ever done with an audience.”

But in 1968, after just three seasons and 120 episodes, Batman was defeated by the most fearsome breed of arch-villains — bean counters.
The show was axed, its ratings dropped and deals with other stations fell through.

For West, being famous for wearing his underpants on the outside and for his joyous sense of kitsch did not translate into new job offers.
One exception, incredibly, was an offer in 1970 to take over from Sean Connery as the new James Bond.

But he turned down the role because he believed that the secret agent should be British.

It was a mistake. Despite a few bit parts, he soon found himself reduced to appearing in safety ads and schlepping around for paid personal appearances.
The lowest point was being shot out of a cannon at a carnival in Indiana dressed in his famous outfit.

West said later: “I was doing things I wasn’t very comfortable doing. I became very self-destructive. That came from being disillusioned and frustrated. I was bitter when I realized ‘Batman’ had caused me to lose a lot of roles afterwards.”

He turned increasingly to booze, triggering behavior so bad that he was even barred from the posh ski resort of Aspen, Colorado, for life.
Heavy drinking even almost ruined a meeting with Pope Paul VI.

West recalled the morning he was to meet the pontiff: “I woke up with the worst hangover of my life. I made it to the Vatican, and I was at the back of this line of people who each knelt down to kiss his ring. Then it was my turn. He put out his hand. I realized that, if I knelt down, I wouldn’t be able to get up again, I was so hung over.”

Rather than kneeling, he bowed his head. At this point, the starstruck pope cried: “Oh, Signor West. I have seen all of your shows.”

His fall from grace also led to depression — something that, along with alcoholism, ran in his family.

The young West, born Billy West Anderson, had a troubled upbringing in rural Walla Walla, in Washington state.

His opera singer mom, Audrey, had given up her career when she married West’s farmer dad, Otto, and regretted it.

She became an alcoholic, and when West was 12, he found her in bed with the local preacher.

One of West’s six children, daughter Nina, once said of Audrey: “There is a curse running through our family. Alcohol and manic depression. That’s what she suffered from.”

By the time West was 15, his parents had divorced and he was living in Seattle with his mother.

At 22, he wed Billie Lou Yeager, but they divorced after six years. In 1957, he wed second wife Ngahra Frisbie. That marriage ended in 1962.
It was only in 1970, when he married Marcelle Tagland Lear, that he found lasting love. They remained together until his death.

And over time, the actor, who amassed a $25 million fortune from rerun fees and personal appearances, also came to terms with being known “only” as Batman.
He even starred in a 2003 TV movie, “Return To The Batcave,” with Ward and a host of former co-stars.

He explained: “I decided that since so many people love Batman, I might as well love it too. So I began to re-engage myself with Batman. And I saw the comedy. I saw the love people had for it, and I just embraced it.”
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/13/2017, 8:36 am

He turned down James Bond. I wonder what his career would have been like had he taken the role and how much more sex he would have had.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/13/2017, 9:45 am

joey con carne wrote:He turned down James Bond. I wonder what his career would have been like had he taken the role and how much more sex he would have had.

I think anymore than 8 women in one night might make his equipment too chapped to continue.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/13/2017, 4:59 pm

joey con carne wrote:He turned down James Bond. I wonder what his career would have been like had he taken the role and how much more sex he would have had.

His later years were probably filled with Con Cosplay lovelies. Pretty sure he did alright.

And out of that entire article all I came away with was he married a girl whose last name was frisbee.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/13/2017, 7:57 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:His later years were probably filled with Con Cosplay lovelies. Pretty sure he did alright.

And out of that entire article all I came away with was he married a girl whose last name was frisbee.

I never knew ladies loved Adam West so much but he was a literal walking panty dropper, I suddenly feel like I know nothing. As a kid Keaton was Batman for me and I didn't even see an episode of OG Batman until I was in my late teens and I hated it, and then it was the occasional Family Guy voice over so I knew virtually nothing about the man.

Do you think Batman and Robin tossed the Frisbee around? Probably contributed to the divorce.

"Holy Smokes! Robin is banging my Frisbee!"
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/14/2017, 5:59 pm

Floyd Mayweather is fighting Conor McGregor. What the heck? So is this a boxing match or an MMA fight? I think it's a boxing match. If it was MMA I would say McGregor would toast him immediately. But a boxing match.... interesting.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/14/2017, 6:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:Floyd Mayweather is fighting Conor McGregor. What the heck? So is this a boxing match or an MMA fight? I think it's a boxing match. If it was MMA I would say McGregor would toast him immediately. But a boxing match.... interesting.

My money is on McGregor.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/15/2017, 1:08 pm

The Cosby jury is deadlocked......Ahmurican justice at it's best.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/16/2017, 8:30 am

Amazon Agrees To Pay $13.7B For Whole Foods
Here’s a deal that will have people buzzing, and could at some point reverberate through media and advertising: E-retail giant Amazon says this morning that it has agreed to pay $13.7 billion in cash for Whole Foods Market.

Whole Foods will keep its brand name. CEO John Mackey will remain at the helm at the company headquarters in Austin. Whole Foods and Amazon expect the deal to close by the end of this year.

The grocery chain has more than 460 stores in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. About 450 of the stores are spread across 48 states.

Whole Foods “has a large store footprint … but also one that is fragmented, which means that there could be reasonable shipping-to-home logistics opportunities here,” RBC Capital Markets’ Mark Mahaney says.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos says that “Millions of people love Whole Foods Market because they offer the best natural and organic foods, and they make it fun to eat healthy.  Whole Foods Market has been satisfying, delighting and nourishing customers for nearly four decades – they’re doing an amazing job and we want that to continue.”

Mackey says the union with Amazon “presents an opportunity to maximize value for Whole Foods Market’s shareholders, while at the same time extending our mission and bringing the highest quality, experience, convenience and innovation to our customers.”

Amazon agreed to pay $42 a share, a 27% premium over yesterday’s closing price for Whole Foods’ stock. The grocery chain opened up 27% this morning, suggesting that investors are confident that it will be sold.

Amazon’s up nearly 3% after announcing what would be, by far, the biggest acquisition it has ever made.

Whole Foods will have to pay a $400 million termination fee if it scraps the deal.

Amazon already offers grocery delivery services in 21 U.S. cities (as well as London and Tokyo) with 15 fulfillment centers. And it has said that it wants to grow in the business.

Consumers spent nearly $900 billion on food in 2015.

Yesterday Nomura Instinet’s Anthony DiClemente called grocery “one of the largest and most under-penetrated markets for Amazon.”

Barclays analyst Karen Short wrote last month that there’s “no reason why [Amazon] shouldn’t be able to convert a significant percentage of its 45m US Prime members today into Fresh customers over the next decade.”

That expansion effort seemed to be especially threatening to upscale chains led by Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s.

And Whole Foods has been struggling to grow. Its shares have lost more than 40% of their value since mid-February 2015. Revenues improved about 2.2% in 2016 to $15.7 billion.

Activist investment firm Jana Partners, which owns 8% of Whole Foods, urged the company to find a buyer.  Whole Foods reportedly had talked to Albertsons.

In an interview with Texas Monthly, published this week, Mackey said his chain was caught in a “morality play between conscious capitalism and greedy, short-term financial capitalism.”

He acknowledged that Whole Foods must “get better.”

But he added that those pressing for a sale “because they think they can make 40-or-50% in a short period of time” are “greedy bastards, and they’re putting a bunch of propaganda out there, trying to destroy my reputation and the reputation of Whole Foods, because it’s in their self-interest to do so.”

The deal has Amazon watchers wondering what the Whole Foods acquisition suggests about Bezos’ strategy — and perhaps other tech giants.

“Amazon is effectively saying that if retailers are going to tool themselves up with technology, then they will tool themselves up with a physical presence and high-street brand,” says Paul Cuatrecasas, CEO of  London-based boutique investment bank Aquaa Partners. “It helps justify the belief that, seemingly all of the sudden, the larger tech giants will start buying up established companies, like banks and automotive manufacturers. The impact could be immense and generational.”

Investors see Amazon’s move as a threat to other grocery chains. Stocks reeling from the news in morning trading include Kroger (-13.7%), Costco (-6.7%), and Wal-Mart (-6.6%).
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2017, 7:52 am

Oh for fuck sakes, Cosby got a mistrial??? Sure, let's just do this all over again.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/19/2017, 11:37 am

Holy shit....60 years old and she was still doing Coke, heroin and E??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Carrie Fisher had cocaine, heroin and ecstasy in her system when she died last December, according to an autopsy report obtained by The Associated Press. But investigators could not determine what impact those drugs had on her death. A coroner’s report Friday said Fisher died from sleep apnea along with other factors.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/19/2017, 1:45 pm

Otherwise known as "The Force"
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/19/2017, 4:02 pm

Haha The Force. Coke, heroin, and E.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/19/2017, 6:06 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Haha The Force. Coke, heroin, and E.

The complete opposite of Nyquil and the preferred before bed choice of Force Wielders.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/19/2017, 8:15 pm

Good riddance you fucking savage, I hope it was unimaginable suffering. On the bright side at least his blood thirsty fellow savages aka fans got to revel in his bloodshed. 

'Hurry up, I'm dying:' Spanish matador gored to death after stumbling on cape
Famed Spanish matador Ivan Fandino was gored to death in France after tripping over his cape.

Spanish matador Ivan Fandino died Saturday in France after getting caught in his cloak and being gored in the chest. Fandino was 36 years old, and is survived by a wife and daughter. He is the second matador to be killed in the past 12 months, with 29-year-old Victor Barrio suffering the same fate last July. Fandino was known for his brash style, famously fighting six bulls on his own in 2012.

WARNING: The video of Fandino being gored is graphic in nature. To view it, click here.

Fandino's lung was punctured by the bull's horn when he got his feet tangled in his cloak. The incident occurred at the Aire-sur-l'Adour bullfighting festival in France. It wasn't Fandino's first fight of the day, as he had successfully cut off a bull's ear earlier. As he was being transported from the arena, witnesses said that Fandino was saying "hurry up, I'm dying" to fellow matadors taking him away.

The 5-year-old bull was seriously injured and put down as well, revitalizing the Humane Society International's calls to put bull fighting in the past forever.  "For the 1,000 bulls brutally killed in French bullfights every year, every single fight is a tragedy in which they have no chance of escaping a protracted and painful death," they said in a statement. "Bloodsports like this should be consigned to the history books, no one should lose their life for entertainment, human or animal." 

Fandino had been injured before, including a 2014 incident in France in which he was knocked unconscious by a bull. Bull fighting wasn't legal in France until 2012, and it has increased in popularity. Spanish matadors consider bull fighting to be an intrinsic part of their culture, and as long as it's legal it will always have a market. It's a sport that struggles in the spotlight due to the inherent brutality of it, and this latest incident won't do anything to help that fact.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/20/2017, 12:41 am

Yep. Zero sympathy for that cunt. Suck shit.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2017, 7:15 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Yep. Zero sympathy for that cunt. Suck shit.

I grew up at rodeos and never once did I think it'd be awesome to watch one of them kill a bull with a spear while it was trapped in a pin. How is that a noble sport?? It's like poaching an animal at a game reserve as far as I'm concerned.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/20/2017, 10:47 am

Damn! Bull fighting really is a thing of the past.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/20/2017, 11:29 am

My condolences to the bull. Poor lil feller...
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/20/2017, 11:33 am

The worst part is the bull was put down for basically defending himself. Bullshit. Other than that, Morrissey would be happy.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2017, 2:21 pm

Tyger wrote:The worst part is the bull was put down for basically defending himself. Bullshit. Other than that, Morrissey would be happy.

Morrissey definitely approves of this death.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2017, 2:24 pm

For those of you who get excited about a new Daniel Day Lewis movie every 8 years, sorry to tell you that he's apparently retiring from acting so his film with PT Anderson will be his last performance.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/20/2017, 6:24 pm

Talented actor but if he thinks it's time then it's time, unless he hates retirement and comes back again. lol
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/20/2017, 6:29 pm

He's 60. He's not just retiring from acting, that means he's also retiring from all the random shit he does in the name of acting.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2017, 6:38 pm

Tyger wrote:He's 60. He's not just retiring from acting, that means he's also retiring from all the random shit he does in the name of acting.

Given how much time he requires in between each role, he could live til he's 80 and only manage two more films.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/20/2017, 6:52 pm

Depending on the character he plays. I still say they need to cast him as the Doctor who cured cancer.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/22/2017, 1:53 am

Fucking Netflix.

The amount of times I scroll through their offerings and find nothing I want to watch - or keep seeing the same shit pop up. Instead of using AppleTV, I decide to go to their website, and instead of listing by "suggestions for you", I switch to alphabetical, and a shit-tone of movies I didn't even know were on their pop up.

All the shit the throw in your lists is just crap they think you'll like based on what you've already watched.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/22/2017, 6:33 am

You sometimes have to search by actors, too.

I was scrolling through my Action list and then decided to see if there were any Steven Seagal movies on Netflix. about 12 or so movies popped up when I searched his name. Not once did any of those movies ever show up in the Action list.

I wound up checking out Sniper: Special Ops. Awful.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/22/2017, 10:23 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Fucking Netflix.

The amount of times I scroll through their offerings and find nothing I want to watch - or keep seeing the same shit pop up. Instead of using AppleTV, I decide to go to their website, and instead of listing by "suggestions for you", I switch to alphabetical, and a shit-tone of movies I didn't even know were on their pop up.

All the shit the throw in your lists is just crap they think you'll like based on what you've already watched.

The Netflix side scrolling recommendations are garbage and usually never even close but the regular search function that lets you scroll vertically through rows of movies and tv show without side scrolling gives access to everything the recommendations don't. I will only use the top search menus that let you go by category or directly to the "recently added" tab, anything else is wasted.

Hulu's library is vastly better with way more content updated on a daily basis. I just wish it had the Netflix navigation platform because the FF feature is useless on Hulu, if those two companies ever merged and combined their catalogs, we'd have the greatest content library that's ever existed in the digital age.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/22/2017, 4:00 pm

joey con carne wrote:You sometimes have to search by actors, too.

I was scrolling through my Action list and then decided to see if there were any Steven Seagal movies on Netflix. about 12 or so movies popped up when I searched his name. Not once did any of those movies ever show up in the Action list.

I wound up checking out Sniper: Special Ops. Awful.

There's only one Sniper franchise worth watching, at it has Tom Berenger. I think Sniper: Legacy is on Netflix. Won't make sense if you haven't seen the earlier movies, but Tom is back for this one.

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:Fucking Netflix.

The Netflix side scrolling recommendations are garbage and usually never even close but the regular search function that lets you scroll vertically through rows of movies and tv show without side scrolling gives access to everything the recommendations don't. I will only use the top search menus that let you go by category or directly to the "recently added" tab, anything else is wasted.

Even going by the category pages, the amount of films I miss because they're all over the place. Apple TV doesn't let me select viewing preferences (alphabetical, recently added, etc) - so it's ordered by what they think I want to watch. I can scroll through everything, but due to it being all over the place, I miss heaps. They'll throw one movie I might like in among about 10 Indian movies.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/23/2017, 8:05 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Even going by the category pages, the amount of films I miss because they're all over the place. Apple TV doesn't let me select viewing preferences (alphabetical, recently added, etc) - so it's ordered by what they think I want to watch. I can scroll through everything, but due to it being all over the place, I miss heaps. They'll throw one movie I might like in among about 10 Indian movies.

Oh wow that sucks!

Netflix have been a shitload of Hindi and Spanish films added lately. They seem to be dominating half of all new content now.

Though on Hulu I discovered a Spanish knock-off of Breaking Bad where stole everything and just called it "Metastasis". I could not believe when I found that one...
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/23/2017, 8:45 am

Why Tesla May Want to Launch Its Own Music Streaming Service

Reports that electric car maker Tesla is in talks with the major record labels about creating its own streaming service led to a lot of raised eyebrows Thursday, with many wondering: Why would billionaire Tesla founder Elon Musik want to venture into music?

According to a story in Recode, Tesla’s service may come with multiple tiers, including a Pandora-like personalized radio proposition. Tesla already has a deal with Spotify for some of its markets, and also streams programming from TuneIn and on-demand music via Slacker on its in-car dashboard. So why not just double down on one of these existing partnerships, or strike a new deal with Apple?

The reason for Tesla’s music ambitions could be a bigger strategy to move towards a dual revenue stream that includes service and subscription fees in addition to the significant upfront costs for one of the company’s cars. This could include in-car entertainment, which may feature a Tesla-branded music service, and work a bit like Amazon Prime — pay a monthly or yearly membership fee, and get access to streaming music and a number of other perks.

Paying your car company once a month may sound like a terrible idea, especially if you already shelled out six figures for your luxury electric car, but Tesla has already begun to explore additional revenue streams, especially as it moves to sell larger numbers of more affordable sedans. The company initially offered the use of its Super Chargers free of charge, but introduced per-minute charging fees earlier this year.

It’s conceivable that Tesla could offer a charging-plus-music package for a monthly fee — but Musk may be already thinking further. As the technology for autonomous driving progresses, Tesla may one day operate a fleet of autonomous cars, and sell mobility, media and other perks as part of the same monthly bill. And as all of the car makers move towards electric and self-driving vehicles, Tesla may be looking to generate profits not primarily with car sales, but memberships and other fees.

In that light, it’s actually be a smart move for Tesla to start conversations with labels now.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/24/2017, 9:38 am

100-year-old crime boss beats the odds, is released from prison
John "Sonny" Franzese in 1966 (left) and 2010 (right). AP

Geriatric gangster John “Sonny’’ Franzese — the oldest guest of the federal prison system — is a free man at the age of 100.

The Colombo family underboss was rolled out of the Federal Medical Center in Massachusetts in a wheelchair Friday and headed to the home of his daughter in Brooklyn, Newsday reported.

At the age of 93, he was sentenced to eight years in prison for shaking down the Hustler and Penthouse strip clubs in Manhattan.

Authorities said at the time the doddering don — whom they believed responsible for the murders of between 50 and 100 people — could be released at the age of 100 if he behaved himself in the lockup.

Assistant US Attorney Cristina Posa doubted Franzese would live that long. She told Judge Brian Cogan, who sentenced him, that “for him to die now as a criminal in jail is not an inappropriate response to the lifestyle he lived.”

Posa added, “He is largely responsible for the glamorization of the Mafia over the past century.’’

And he did live a glamorous life.

He was often seen hanging out with celebrities such as boxing champ Jake LaMotta and Frank Sinatra at the Copacabana.

His lawyer back then, Richard Lind, argued that his advanced age and array of illnesses — he was hard of hearing, had kidney problems and a bad heart — made a long sentence pointless.

But Cogan was not impressed. He said he wanted to send a message that “you can never escape the consequences of a lifetime of organized crime.”

Franzese’s criminal career began at the age of 19 when he was busted for assault.

He was too violent even for the US Army, which discharged him in 1942.

In 2008, the FBI arrested Franzese in a mob takedown.

A jury found him guilty on racketeering and several other charges in 2010.

His own son, John Franzese Jr., a former Colombo associate-turned- informant, testified against him. John Jr. is currently in witness protection.

The title of oldest federal prisoner now belongs to Philadelphia mobster Salvatore Sparacio.

He’s only 95.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/25/2017, 7:18 pm

Johnny Depp’s Former Managers Claim He ‘Violently Kicked’ Amber Heard (Report)

Legal docs also say the managers believe Depp pressured his assistant to deny the existence of text messages about the abuse

As part of a lawsuit between Johnny Depp and his former representation at The Management Group, Depp’s managers claim that they had discovered several years ago that the actor had “violently kicked” his ex-wife, Amber Heard, and had been “extremely volatile” with her during their marriage.

According to court documents filed last month and obtained by People, TMG claims that one of Depp’s managers, Joel Mandel, had been told about the abuse through “house staff and security” and was made aware of the kicking incident that occurred “in or around 2014.”

TMG also claims that during his divorce from Heard, Depp pressured his longtime assistant to deny that he had sent text messages to Heard apologizing for Depp’s behavior and to claim that Heard had manufactured the texts. Those messages were released by Entertainment Tonight last June.

“When I told him he kicked you, he cried,” the assistant wrote in one of the texts. “It was disgusting. And he knows it.”

According to the legal docs, Depp’s management group is “informed and believes that Depp knew full well that the text messages were genuine, but pressured and berated his assistant to falsely challenge the texts publicly.”

Depp first filed a fraud lawsuit against TMG for $25 million in January shortly after finalizing his divorce from Heard. TMG filed a counter against Depp last month, accusing Depp of “extravagant spending,” including $30,000 a month on imported wines.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/25/2017, 8:29 pm

I read a couple of articles regarding his ongoing lawsuit with The Management Group.

He's so stupid.

Stay off drugs, everyone.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/26/2017, 9:10 am

joey con carne wrote:I read a couple of articles regarding his ongoing lawsuit with The Management Group.

He's so stupid.

Stay off drugs, everyone.

When the original story broke about the abuse I never doubted Amber. Depp's been a pathetic drunk for years yet nothing seems to kill that cockroaches career.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/26/2017, 10:04 am

What a life one must live to make $650 million dollars in 10 years and wind up being illiquid. I can't figure out if I feel jealous or not.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/26/2017, 2:31 pm

joey con carne wrote:What a life one must live to make $650 million dollars in 10 years and wind up being illiquid. I can't figure out if I feel jealous or not.

Here's where I'm at, I want him to drink himself to death in a ditch somewhere. He hasn't made a good movie in 20 years and he treated his woman like a punching bag, so as far as I'm concerned, he needs to fuck off and die.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/28/2017, 4:10 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:What a life one must live to make $650 million dollars in 10 years and wind up being illiquid. I can't figure out if I feel jealous or not.

Here's where I'm at, I want him to drink himself to death in a ditch somewhere. He hasn't made a good movie in 20 years and he treated his woman like a punching bag, so as far as I'm concerned, he needs to fuck off and die.

LOL! What he did to Amber is unforgivable but he doesn't deserve to die for it.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/28/2017, 5:58 pm

Don't mind Wylde. He's just jealous Depp got to bone her. Razz
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/28/2017, 7:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! What he did to Amber is unforgivable but he doesn't deserve to die for it.

Sure he does, he's a falling down life long drunk, he makes shit movies and he beats women, in my book he brings nothing of value to life and should have his neck broke. He ain't the only useless bastard on my list either.

joey con carne wrote:Don't mind Wylde. He's just jealous Depp got to bone her. Razz

I never understood that Beauty and the Beast relationship.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum