BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goosebumps 2 (Jack Black)

3 posters

Go down

Goosebumps 2 (Jack Black) Empty Goosebumps 2 (Jack Black)

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2016, 2:26 pm

Goosebumps 2 (Jack Black) Gooseb10
Get ready for more Goosebumps.

Sony is moving forward on a sequel to its 2015 family frightfest, closing deals to bring back director Rob Letterman and writer Darren Lemke.

Deborah Forte and Neal H. Moritz are returning as producers.

Goosebumps, while not a massive hit, was a solid performer for the studio, generating $80 million domestically and another $77 million internationally on a budget of $58 million. The pic also has performed well in home entertainment circles.

The movie was the climax of an 18-year journey to adapt the best-selling book series by R.L. Stine, which was first set up at Fox in 1998 before movie to Sony in 2008. One of the keys of cracking the adaptation included making Stine a character and tackling not just one story but populating the film with a host of his horror creations.

Jack Black portrayed Stine in Goosebumps. The goal is to have him return for the sequel.

Letterman got his start in animation and co-directed Shark Tale and Monsters vs Aliens for DreamWorks before making his live-action (and solo) debut with Gulliver's Travels, which also starred Black.

Lempke’s credits include Shrek Forever After as well as Bryan Singer's giant movie Jack the Giant Slayer and DreamWorks’ 2013 movie Turbo. He is repped by UTA, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and Loeb & Loeb.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Goosebumps 2 (Jack Black) Empty Re: Goosebumps 2 (Jack Black)

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/25/2016, 8:35 pm

I have to admit, the first one wasn't bad. I never read the books but I read that they're supposed to be slightly scary. I know they made it more family friendly here. I liked it though as a family movie and my little brother (13 years old) wasn't interested to watch it first but once the monsters came in, that caught his attention.

I just didn't realize it did so well for a sequel. Black hasn't made a good movie in a while, besides voicing Panda. I watched a movie, The D Train, last year and I turn that shit off after it got VERY weird. Words can't explain. lol!

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2016, 8:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I have to admit, the first one wasn't bad. I never read the books but I read that they're supposed to be slightly scary. I know they made it more family friendly here. I liked it though as a family movie and my little brother (13 years old) wasn't interested to watch it first but once the monsters came in, that caught his attention.

I just didn't realize it did so well for a sequel. Black hasn't made a good movie in a while, besides voicing Panda. I watched a movie, The D Train, last year and I turn that shit off after it got VERY weird. Words can't explain. lol!

I was at the perfect age for the Goosebumps phenomenon so I bought and read them all but I don't remember ever finding them scary, just very creative and for a kid of 7 years old, it was all new to me. Stine ended up being a a gateway into the horror genre introducing me to Koontz and King.

Have you seen Bernie? That movie was absurdly weird but I couldn't stop watching, like a really slow car crash that makes you laugh. Twisted Evil

BTW, if your brother is 13 and it was monsters and not Odeya Rush that interested him, you better tell him to get his priories straight now or he'll be a virgin til college.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/25/2016, 9:01 pm

Just like his brother
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2016, 9:19 pm

Tyger wrote:Just like his brother

Goosebumps 2 (Jack Black) Tumblr_n40gyaEEXw1sh0yuao1_500

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/25/2016, 10:51 pm

LOL! Oh, no you didn't!!!

Which reminds me, still need to watch the new season of SV.

WyldeMan wrote:Have you seen Bernie? That movie was absurdly weird but I couldn't stop watching, like a really slow car crash that makes you laugh. Twisted Evil

I saw the trailer but never got around to it. Dark comedy, right?

WyldeMan wrote:BTW, if your brother is 13 and it was monsters and not Odeya Rush that interested him, you better tell him to get his priories straight now or he'll be a virgin til college.

He's not there yet. He doesn't see girls that way yet. By the way.............13, really? I can't imagine what y'all were like at 13.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2016, 7:29 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! Oh, no you didn't!!!

Which reminds me, still need to watch the new season of SV.

Yes you do need to watch, the premiere was hilarious.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I saw the trailer but never got around to it. Dark comedy, right?

Jack plays Bernie a very effeminate mortician who everybody loves but he has this creepy love affair with a grandmother who's this heinous bitch played by the great Shirley McLaine but she's got money and he ends up on trial for her murder and McConaughey is his lawyer. I'm a really big Richard Linklater fan, I've grown up on this films so I see them all but that one was so damn darkly weird and amusing but also quite strange. It's more drama than comedy and Jack's performance is so weird but it's actually based on a true story, so Jack played Bernie as he really is and he was impressive. He's a much better dramatic actor than when he plays a loud, obnoxious fool.  

UltimateMarvel wrote:He's not there yet. He doesn't see girls that way yet. By the way.............13, really? I can't imagine what y'all were like at 13.

Not there yet at 13? Are you sure, that seems late. I was pretty much completely losing my mind over girls by the time I was about 10 years old but I was curious even before that I just didn't understand why at the time. Then again I was shaving and drinking at 13 and I lost my virginity the next year so I figured out how much I enjoyed girls early on. I seem to remember everybody I ran with in school being the same. In the country we all have a lot less to do than you city kids so we drank, fought and fooled around by the time we started middle school.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/26/2016, 3:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Jack plays Bernie a very effeminate mortician who everybody loves but he has this creepy love affair with a grandmother who's this heinous bitch played by the great Shirley McLaine but she's got money and he ends up on trial for her murder and McConaughey is his lawyer. I'm a really big Richard Linklater fan, I've grown up on this films so I see them all but that one was so damn darkly weird and amusing but also quite strange. It's more drama than comedy and Jack's performance is so weird but it's actually based on a true story, so Jack played Bernie as he really is and he was impressive. He's a much better dramatic actor than when he plays a loud, obnoxious fool.  

I didn't know it was based on a true story. But I just remembered McConaughey was in it.

WyldeMan wrote:Not there yet at 13? Are you sure, that seems late. I was pretty much completely losing my mind over girls by the time I was about 10 years old but I was curious even before that I just didn't understand why at the time. Then again I was shaving and drinking at 13 and I lost my virginity the next year so I figured out how much I enjoyed girls early on. I seem to remember everybody I ran with in school being the same. In the country we all have a lot less to do than you city kids so we drank, fought and fooled around by the time we started middle school.

10 years old? Damn, you didn't have much of a child hood, did you? lol!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2016, 3:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I didn't know it was based on a true story. But I just remembered McConaughey was in it.

UltimateMarvel wrote:10 years old? Damn, you didn't have much of a child hood, did you? lol!

When my hormones kicked in, my childhood was over. I've been girl crazy for about the last 20 years.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down