4K future Proofing?

BDTV :: Media

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4K future Proofing?

Post by detective392 on 1/17/2016, 8:47 am

Is anyone else future proofing for 4K? I already have a 4K TV so I just need a player but going to wait until they are cheap. For now I'll slowly future proof titles depending on price. I know Peanuts, The Martian and maybe Last Witch Hunter are on my list. Hopefully future movies get a 4K release on day 1. With both Maze Runner movies getting the 4K treatment I'm hoping Death Cure will get a day 1 4K release.

One criteria though is it needs to be a 4K combo pack. UHD and BD.
detective392

Back to top Go down

Re: 4K future Proofing?

Post by WyldeMan on 1/17/2016, 9:10 am

@detective392 wrote:Is anyone else future proofing for 4K? I already have a 4K TV so I just need a player but going to wait until they are cheap. For now I'll slowly future proof titles depending on price. I know Peanuts, The Martian and maybe Last Witch Hunter are on my list. Hopefully future movies get a 4K release on day 1. With both Maze Runner movies getting the 4K treatment I'm hoping Death Cure will get a day 1 4K release.

One criteria though is it needs to be a 4K combo pack. UHD and BD.

Nope. By the time I upgrade to 4k and replace everything there will be an 8k.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 1/17/2016, 3:33 pm

Except there won't be an 8K. Things will be shot in 8K, but only to look better in 4K.

I plan on buying 4K combo packs and I'm very glad they're starting with combo packs. Don't have a 4K TV yet, will wait til my current TV dies or I get a great deal.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 1/17/2016, 5:42 pm

I'm about 2 years away I think.

I'll definitely consider buying the discs if they're combo packs (4K + BD), but that will depend on price and reviews of quality.

My Oppo player is only twelve months old. It's a nice robust unit that cost $800. After a fews years of cheap pieces of crap that don't last 12 months, I went this route and won't go back. I won''t consider a 4K player until Oppo offer one. They currently only offer 4K-upscaling, and word is they won't have a dedicated 4K machine until late 2016/early 2017.

Then there's the TV. I just bought a nice 49" LG for under $1000. I was looking at 4K units for not a lot more, but the quality wasn't there. Looking at what's on offer, quality and prices, my next TV will be 4K, but it will be OLED. LCD TV's have been surpassed, particularly when it comes to 4K. Unfortunately, they're ridiculously expensive. The cheapest 4K OLED runs about $5000 US, up to $15,000. Much like Plasma's where when they came about. I'll wait 2 years, and those prices will be halved, with even better quality.

Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/17/2016, 5:57 pm

I used to spend thousands every year on my BD's but over the last couple I'd be surprised if I spent more than a few hundred. I haven't even bought a BD in over 3 months either.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 2/15/2016, 7:42 pm

I bought a 40" Samsung 4K TV today. My old TV was fucking up again and I was fed up. I got it at Costco for like $500 after tax and with a 5 year plan. It's not my ideal TV but I'm not in a position to go bigger yet.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 2/15/2016, 8:14 pm

I'll be sticking with 1080p for the time being. I have no plans to upgrade to 4k as I'm broke enough. I can't be buying no 4K TV and upgrading my two-year-old blus to 4k so early. And as Wylde said, by the time I get around to getting 4K, it will be up to 8K or whatever. People were saying 1080p is the best ever. Now we got 4K. No! I'm drawing the line for myself.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BDTV :: Media

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum