Money Monster ($91,132,482)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/13/2016, 2:02 pm

Lee Gates is a bombastic TV personality whose popular financial network show has made him the money wiz of Wall Street. But after he hawks a high tech stock that mysteriously crashes, an irate investor takes Gates, his crew, and his ace producer Patty Fenn hostage live on air. Unfolding in real time, Gates and Fenn must find a way to keep themselves alive while simultaneously uncovering the truth behind a tangle of big money lies.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 15458
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/14/2016, 10:35 am

Not bad for a directorial debut. There were something things that were a little out there because it's a movie but entertaining overall. Certainly great acting from Clooney, Roberts and O'Connell.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by WyldeMan on 8/14/2016, 11:57 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Not bad for a directorial debut. There were something things that were a little out there because it's a movie but entertaining overall. Certainly great acting from Clooney, Roberts and O'Connell.

I watched this last night, first Clooney or Roberts movie I'd seen in a very long time, I only watched for O'Connell and he delivered with what felt like a very predictable and tired script.

FYI, this wasn't her directorial debut....1991's Little Man Tate was Foster's directorial debut but she also directed The Beaver with Mel Gibson and a Holly Hunter movie in the 90s and I think some tv episodes too.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 15458
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/14/2016, 3:35 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Not bad for a directorial debut. There were something things that were a little out there because it's a movie but entertaining overall. Certainly great acting from Clooney, Roberts and O'Connell.

I watched this last night, first Clooney or Roberts movie I'd seen in a very long time, I only watched for O'Connell and he delivered with what felt like a very predictable and tired script.

FYI, this wasn't her directorial debut....1991's Little Man Tate was Foster's directorial debut but she also directed The Beaver with Mel Gibson and a Holly Hunter movie in the 90s and I think some tv episodes too.

Really? I didn't know that. Yeah, the movie was predictable in some parts but some things did surprise me.

What did you think about that scene where Clooney was encouraging viewers to buy, buy, buy stocks and it went up but took a dip again. That was very unbelievable I thought.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by WyldeMan on 8/14/2016, 4:40 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Really? I didn't know that. Yeah, the movie was predictable in some parts but some things did surprise me.

What did you think about that scene where Clooney was encouraging viewers to buy, buy, buy stocks and it went up but took a dip again. That was very unbelievable I thought.

I was pretty sure about the bomb from the beginning but positive about it when his horrendous girlfriend started degrading him and mentioned his complete lack of skills, which somehow the cops didn't catch.  Razz

That was hilarious because it shows the nature of the beast, people don't care about other people when profit is on the line. You saw how quickly the citizens turned to mockery and dancing and memes, they forgot the story the moment the credits rolled. Even Clooney and Roberts were having a 1%er giggle and a toast at the end. I expected so much more from this story but when I saw it was only 95 minutes, all hope was lost. This was as hard hitting as Concussion, which is to say these writers are playing fucking pop warner.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 15458
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/14/2016, 6:16 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:I was pretty sure about the bomb from the beginning but positive about it when his horrendous girlfriend started degrading him and mentioned his complete lack of skills, which somehow the cops didn't catch.  Razz

His girl is a bitch, saying all that shit on live TV was fucked up.

@WyldeMan wrote:That was hilarious because it shows the nature of the beast, people don't care about other people when profit is on the line. You saw how quickly the citizens turned to mockery and dancing and memes, they forgot the story the moment the credits rolled. Even Clooney and Roberts were having a 1%er giggle and a toast at the end. I expected so much more from this story but when I saw it was only 95 minutes, all hope was lost. This was as hard hitting as Concussion, which is to say these writers are playing fucking pop warner.

Very true. That scene was very unrealistic to me. People won't put up their money on the line because someone they don't know is in danger of his life, I wouldn't. Certainly not enough people to change the stock like that.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by WyldeMan on 8/14/2016, 7:04 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Very true. That scene was very unrealistic to me. People won't put up their money on the line because someone they don't know is in danger of his life, I wouldn't. Certainly not enough people to change the stock like that.

Tell that to every asshole with a GoFundMe page.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 15458
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/14/2016, 9:27 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Very true. That scene was very unrealistic to me. People won't put up their money on the line because someone they don't know is in danger of his life, I wouldn't. Certainly not enough people to change the stock like that.

Tell that to every asshole with a GoFundMe page.

LOL! I guess that is like that. Astounding!
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by WyldeMan on 8/15/2016, 7:16 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Very true. That scene was very unrealistic to me. People won't put up their money on the line because someone they don't know is in danger of his life, I wouldn't. Certainly not enough people to change the stock like that.

Tell that to every asshole with a GoFundMe page.

LOL! I guess that is like that. Astounding!

If a child has cancer and her parent's who were working three jobs to pay for her medical bills but they died in a car wreck, that child would still have less chance of getting money from people than someone who wanted to build their perfect sandwich. Seriously, I've seen GFM pages where people donated thousands of dollars for some asshole to make himself sandwiches.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 15458
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/15/2016, 10:43 am

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Very true. That scene was very unrealistic to me. People won't put up their money on the line because someone they don't know is in danger of his life, I wouldn't. Certainly not enough people to change the stock like that.

Tell that to every asshole with a GoFundMe page.

LOL! I guess that is like that. Astounding!

If a child has cancer and her parent's who were working three jobs to pay for her medical bills but they died in a car wreck, that child would still have less chance of getting money from people than someone who wanted to build their perfect sandwich. Seriously, I've seen GFM pages where people donated thousands of dollars for some asshole to make himself sandwiches.

Seriously? And people actually fund him? Maybe I should get on that shit. "Hey, my car is old as fuck and I need a new one." Rolling Eyes
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by Tyger on 9/7/2016, 12:14 pm

Holy shit, that girlfriend. Not even any lead up, just straight into tearing him a new one.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1514
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/7/2016, 12:16 pm

@Tyger wrote:Holy shit, that girlfriend. Not even any lead up, just straight into tearing him a new one.

That shit was public too. She DESTROYED him!
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5350
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by WyldeMan on 9/7/2016, 2:47 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@Tyger wrote:Holy shit, that girlfriend. Not even any lead up, just straight into tearing him a new one.

That shit was public too. She DESTROYED him!

It was just like this!

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 15458
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum