Random Thoughts

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan on 6/15/2016, 8:53 am

@joey con carne wrote:Just read about the alligator incident. That is crazy. They killed (uh... euthanized) four alligators trying to find him. I'm pretty sure he's already been eaten.

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings wrote:We’re not leaving until we recover the child.

What are they going to do, kill all the alligators in there? I know it's a tough situation but realistically, the child was likely eaten by one or more alligators.

And I'm trying to take that stuff about Omar Mateen with a grain of salt. Part of me thinks people are just saying that as it's the best way to disrespect the guy after the incident. Then again, some say he had a tinder profile or whatever. Either way, this world is fucked as it is. I'm just glad there are still good people around to help restore my faith in humanity.

As someone who has both watched a lot of Swamp People and actual gators feeds, I don't believe these people are familiar with what gators do with their food....also the gator population down there is so massive they could kill and gut gators all day long and probably never recover so much as a finger. It's been well over 12 hours.

The Mateen stuff is probably more speculation and rumors but its whats being said now so its what everyone will believe, regardless of why, there was no good reason.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/15/2016, 9:47 am

@WyldeMan wrote:Orlando made the news again....

This time a two year old little boy on family vacation playing by the water's edge at The Disney Resort when he was dragged away by an gator . His father tried to fight the gator but it got away with the toddler, police are searching for the boy's body now....

What's going on in Orlando? Before the Pusle shooting, a singer was also killed not to far from the nightclub too. Bad news just keeps on coming.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 6/15/2016, 10:23 am

Gators are Ambush predators.

That child never had a chance, it came thru and snatched him or her from water's edge.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/15/2016, 7:16 pm

Looks like they found the body at about 3:30pm EDT. That's 12:30pm WMT (WyldeMang Time).
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/15/2016, 7:50 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Looks like they found the body at about 3:30pm EDT. That's 12:30pm WMT (WyldeMang Time).

Wow, he was found intact near where he went missing with only puncture wounds so it drowned him and then let the body go...

Reports said he was found in 6' deep murky water only about 15 yards from where he went in.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/16/2016, 8:26 am

I guess the alligator realized the kid was not his usual food. Like when a shark takes a bite to test. It's not often you hear about a guy getting eaten by a shark. More like the shark takes a bite, realizes it's not "food" and just leaves.

Scary as hell. In a flash, the kid was gone. Ugh. No two-year-old deserves that. I hope there were signs everywhere warning about alligators. But you know the parents are going to sue anyway.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 6/16/2016, 8:47 am

They have No Swimming signs up, but no warnings about Gators.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/16/2016, 9:41 am

@ForeverBlu wrote:They have No Swimming signs  up, but no warnings about Gators.

I keep hearing this but what I'd like to know is if people think that there are Florida waters that don't have gators in them? I've been to Florida and there is a reason you find so many fenced in pools everywhere, the water isn't safe. There's gators and snakes in the rivers and sharks in the ocean.  It's very unfortunate that the parents had to learn common sense at the expense of their child's life.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 6/16/2016, 12:31 pm

There's another Resort not too far from The Floridian.

Shown to have both No Swimming and Gator Warning signs all over the property.

This was a disaster waiting to happen.

If not that child, an adult could've been dragged in.

Or.

A Gator coming a shore to walk around a bit.

They should've had Gator warning signs up.

Also a protective barrier of some kind.

To cover their assess, from a lawsuit.

Because a HUGE one is coming.

There are people that are ignorant to the gator problem in Florida.

Hard to believe, but true.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/16/2016, 3:57 pm

@ForeverBlu wrote:There are people that are ignorant to the gator problem in Florida.

Hard to believe, but true.

It's situations like that I just can't help but think of the Darwin Awards.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/16/2016, 6:40 pm

Gator Attack: Disney Knew of Problems, Staffer Asked for Fence at Lagoon

The Walt Disney World Resort was aware of an ongoing problem of guests feeding alligators and had ignored staff requests to put protective fences in place, TheWrap has learned.

Numerous employees at the theme park expressed anxiety to management about guests feeding the animals within the past 14 months, an insider with knowledge of the resort told TheWrap.

An expensive collection of rooms called the Bora Bora Bungalows have been open since April 2015 at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, adjacent to Disney’s Grand Floridian Hotel and a short walk along the Seven Seas Lagoon — the same body of water where a gator fatally dragged toddler Lane Graves into the water on Tuesday.

Guests have direct access to wildlife in the waters where the bungalows sit, and commonly feed gators that swim by, the individual said.

“Disney has known about the problem of guests feeding the alligators well-prior to the opening of the bungalows,” said the insider. “With the opening of the bungalows, it brought the guests that much closer to wildlife. Or, the wildlife that much closer to the guests.”

A spokesman for Walt Disney World declined to comment on the matter.

Meanwhile a custodial employee at that same hotel, Mike Hamilton, warned his employers that gators were consistently swimming close to shore and a fence should be erected to protect guests.

“There are signs that say, ‘No swimming,’ but no signs that say gators and everything else in this lake,” Hamilton told the Orlando Sentinel.

In the same article, former Disney executive Duncan Dickson said: “The entire property is interconnected via canals so it is difficult to keep them out of the lakes. Gators are on all of the golf courses. The team attempts to relocate the gators to the uninhabited natural areas as best they can, but the gators don’t understand the boundaries.”

The tragic death of the 2-year-old has stirred deep emotions in employees, referred to as “cast members” within the corporate culture, though many are afraid to speak to journalists.

“Disney knew these alligators had become desensitized to humans, as they had begun to associate guests with food, and did not act in a proactive manner,” the individual told TheWrap.

The resort may have been reluctant to slap the wrists of guests paying over $2,000 per night for accommodations, the insider said. The park is also adding similar units to Bay Lake, where the Disney Wilderness Lodge area sits.

The Bora Bora Bungalows problem and the fence request are only recent examples of concerns about the handling of gators raised by employees — of which Disney has roughly 70,000 in South and Central Florida, TheWrap reported.

The insider recalled a years-old incident of visitors feeding an alligator popcorn and pretzels at another Disney-owned resort in Orlando. A staff hotline to report such incidents was called, and yet the following day guests continued to feed the gators unchecked.

“This was brought to the manager-on-duty’s attention and, when he failed to respond, it was reported internally to Disney’s cast hotline,” said the individual, who declined to be identified. “A few days later, we saw the alligator in the same spot and tourists were again feeding it. We were, as you would imagine, in a state of disbelief. They didn’t get it. The managers did not get it, and the guests did not get it.”

At a press conference on Wednesday, a theme park spokesperson underscored their constant cooperation with Florida Fish and Wildlife. One third of Walt Disney World is a dedicated wildlife conservation spot.

Lane’s death became an instant cable news sensation, cutting into coverage of another tragedy in the area — the worst mass shooting in U.S. history at Pulse nightclub, where a gunman killed 49 and injured 53.

Lane is survived by parents Melissa and Matt, who attempted to rescue the child in the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon, and two older siblings. His cause of death was not immediately know, though police speculated that it was drowning.

His body was discovered Wednesday 10 to 15 yards from the site of his attack. Disney closed all the beaches on its resort property in the aftermath of the incident.

“As a parent and a grandparent, my heart goes out to the Graves family during this time of devastating loss,” said Disney CEO Bob Iger in a statement Wednesday evening. “My thoughts and prayers are with them, and I know everyone at Disney joins me in offering our deepest sympathies.”

A legal expert told TheWrap that Disney could face a “multimillion-dollar” lawsuit in the wake of this attack. Attorney Joseph Balice says that the family could sue for wrongful death and possibly negligent infliction of emotional distress.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/16/2016, 9:24 pm

Fuck I hate people.

All this bad shit happening to kids, yet it's never the parents fault.

A 4 year old died near my place recently. The Dad was reversing his vehicle down a boat ramp to load/unload his boat. He left the kid in the car while it was on the ramp. He also left the car in neutral with the park brake on. The brake wasn't good enough to hold on it's own, and the car slide back into the water and the kid drowned - the Dad was off chatting away to someone else as it happened.

All people could talk about was "why isn't there some safety feature on the ramp to hold the vehicle", or "why don't they make the ramps with more grip so tyres don't slide", and a bunch of other nonsensical shit from people that have zero life experience.

Fuck these people.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/16/2016, 10:37 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Fuck I hate people.

All this bad shit happening to kids, yet it's never the parents fault.

A 4 year old died near my place recently. The Dad was reversing his vehicle down a boat ramp to load/unload his boat. He left the kid in the car while it was on the ramp. He also left the car in neutral with the park brake on. The brake wasn't good enough to hold on it's own, and the car slide back into the water and the kid drowned - the Dad was off chatting away to someone else as it happened.

All people could talk about was "why isn't there some safety feature on the ramp to hold the vehicle", or "why don't they make the ramps with more grip so tyres don't slide", and a bunch of other nonsensical shit from people that have zero life experience.

Fuck these people.

It's never the parent's fault but it is whoever they can file against in a wrongful death suit.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/16/2016, 11:15 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:

It's never the parent's fault but it is whoever they can file against in a wrongful death suit.

Yep. Useless cunts.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2016, 6:44 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:
I'm on the West Coast which has become a mecca for the tiny house movement, they are everywhere and the laws here are pretty lenient. In most places there are no minimum size requirement laws and you can use solar, rain collection, basically whatever you want. There are even a few construction companies that specialize in tiny houses exclusively because of how popular on the West Coast. But I would have to build it myself. Seems crazy to me that you can build a home for $20k with everything you need on a large piece of land to make up for the lack of Sq ft and call it a day. You could keep adding other tiny buildings and you could build a damned village with a dozen houses for what a single family home on a 1/4 acre lot in a neighborhood costs in my town. The economics and the creativity involved just blow my mind.

What kind of restrictions do you guys have, can they even be mobile?

They probably can't be mobile, but it really depends on the councils. They all have their specs and requirements.

More rural areas would probably be OK with it, but more built up 'suburbia's' would probably thumb their noses up at it. Wouldn't fit with the general aesthetic tone of the town.

I's why I don't own a house. All I want is something like this ... a little one bedroom home ... and a big shed for my cars. I'd live in the shed If I could, but again, regulations etc. Things will start changing soon. All the development going on, and the rocketing housing prices. Council's will eventually have to relegate small pockets of land to allow them to be built ... problem with that is, it'll be a deal with a developer that also develops the roads, etc, so your tiny $20k house will still cost you $100k.

I caught a few episodes of Tiny House World earlier where two different couples were house hunting in Sydney and Melbourne and while the first couple in Sydney bought a solar powered home and 40 acres of land in Sydney for $200k the other couple in Melbourne ended up converting an old school bus for $30k, so they could be mobile so as you said it appears to be based on the area. Australia has a much larger tiny house movement than I realized. That's what I love about these shows though, so many new and interesting ideas in every episode because no two tiny houses are alike, especially once you go international.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/17/2016, 8:01 am

I remember watching this episode about tiny houses and the daughter kept using the word "eclectic" to describe her mother's style. She said the word more than 23 times because I started counting after she already said it a bunch.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2016, 9:00 am

@joey con carne wrote:I remember watching this episode about tiny houses and the daughter kept using the word "eclectic" to describe her mother's style. She said the word more than 23 times because I started counting after she already said it a bunch.

The Tiny community is made up of a lot of artists cause it breeds such creativity so hearing "Eclectic" is a very common thing among the weird.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/17/2016, 10:00 am

It was really annoying.

My mom has a very eclectic style so I'm not sure this design would match her eclectic personality because she is so eclectic. I think this is pretty eclectic and would match my mom's eclectic style.

Mad
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2016, 6:28 pm

@joey con carne wrote:It was really annoying.

My mom has a very eclectic style so I'm not sure this design would match her eclectic personality because she is so eclectic. I think this is pretty eclectic and would match my mom's eclectic style.

Mad

I think I saw that episode. Didn't the mom want a gothic mansion inspired tiny house? The daughter was like 10 and very annoying?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/17/2016, 11:29 pm

In the episode I saw, the daughter was late teens or early twenties. Young or old, it would bug me the same. Razz

Ron Lester, the actor who played Billy Bob in Varsity Blues, has passed away.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/18/2016, 8:15 am

@joey con carne wrote:Ron Lester, the actor who played Billy Bob in Varsity Blues, has passed away.

Oh damn. His career ended as soon as he had the weight loss surgery, I haven't seen him since probably the early 2000's.

He died of both liver and kidney failure... Crying or Very sad
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/20/2016, 7:07 pm

Looking to purchase some Merrell waterproof hiking boots. I tried on a pair at EMS but they are a little tight. I would purchase the wide version online when a 30% coupons comes out for shoebuy.com. Currently, the sale is only 25% off. Razz
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2016, 7:57 pm

BREAKING: US Senate blocks all 4 gun control measures brought to vote following Orlando mass shooting terror attack:

-In 1st vote, the US Senate blocks measure to increase funding and resources for national background check system

-In 2nd vote, the US Senate blocks measure expanding national background check system to close “gun show loophole"

-In 3rd vote, the US Senate blocks measure to delay gun purchases for suspected terrorists while seeking court ruling on sale

-In 4th vote, the US Senate blocks measure to prevent individuals on terror watch list from buying gun
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/21/2016, 12:17 am

@WyldeMan wrote:
BREAKING: US Senate blocks all 4 gun control measures brought to vote following Orlando mass shooting terror attack:

-In 1st vote, the US Senate blocks measure to increase funding and resources for national background check system

-In 2nd vote, the US Senate blocks measure expanding national background check system to close “gun show loophole"

-In 3rd vote, the US Senate blocks measure to delay gun purchases for suspected terrorists while seeking court ruling on sale

-In 4th vote, the US Senate blocks measure to prevent individuals on terror watch list from buying gun

Don't know enough about 1 and 2, but I agree with knocking back 3 and 4.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/21/2016, 7:37 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:

Don't know enough about 1 and 2, but I agree with knocking back 3 and 4.

There will never be restrictions in America the only thing they love more here than their bibles are their guns and no massacre will ever change public opinion.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/21/2016, 9:07 am

I'm glad my rights to own a gun are not being trampled on by the government. Time for me to stock up on some .45's and 9mm's. Also need to get a few thousand rounds of ammo to protect myself from all the marauders in NYC.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/21/2016, 9:29 am

@joey con carne wrote:I'm glad my rights to own a gun are not being trampled on by the government. Time for me to stock up on some .45's and 9mm's. Also need to get a few thousand rounds of ammo to protect myself from all the marauders in NYC.

You also better pick up a dozen AR-15's for home-protection.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/21/2016, 12:27 pm

Can I custom order some from you? Maybe you can help me modify them. I'll need mine to be capable of semi and full automatic. I'll need some scopes, too. I prefer the normal scopes which do not require battery power.

joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/21/2016, 2:14 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Can I custom order some from you? Maybe you can help me modify them. I'll need mine to be capable of semi and full automatic. I'll need some scopes, too. I prefer the normal scopes which do not require battery power.

I quit selling firearms a few years back, I didn't like the way things were going and they're not getting any better. I make my money through stocks, furniture builds and whatever else I choose to do for income.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/21/2016, 3:17 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:...and whatever else I choose to do for income.

My first thought: prostitution. Laughing
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/21/2016, 7:17 pm

@joey con carne wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:...and whatever else I choose to do for income.

My first thought: prostitution. Laughing

I charge $10 but I'm willing to negotiate.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/24/2016, 5:02 am

The United Kingdom has passed a vote to leave the European Union. I am not familiar with the implications of this but it seems to be the talk of the morning. Historical event, bros!
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/24/2016, 6:33 am

@joey con carne wrote:The United Kingdom has passed a vote to leave the European Union. I am not familiar with the implications of this but it seems to be the talk of the morning. Historical event, bros!

Just for starters...

Following the results, the British pound crashed and now sits at a 30-year low against the dollar.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/24/2016, 7:00 am

@WyldeMan wrote:
@joey con carne wrote:The United Kingdom has passed a vote to leave the European Union. I am not familiar with the implications of this but it seems to be the talk of the morning. Historical event, bros!

Just for starters...

Following the results, the British pound crashed and now sits at a 30-year low against the dollar.

I've tried to decipher what I could about this event, but all roads do very well lead to Rome. It hurts people with invested money (but benefits others), and it screws certain consumers (and benefits others).

Politics is politics. It doesn't mean a thing unless you're invested in the game.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/24/2016, 7:58 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:

Just for starters...

I've tried to decipher what I could about this event, but all roads do very well lead to Rome. It hurts people with invested money (but benefits others), and it screws certain consumers (and benefits others).

Politics is politics. It doesn't mean a thing unless you're invested in the game.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/24/2016, 10:32 am

I just saw this on the news this morning. European and Asian stock markers crashed, that's crazy. What does this mean for the US market? The S&P, DOW and Nasdaq all seem to have gone down by an average of 3% at the moment.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/24/2016, 11:22 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I just saw this on the news this morning. European and Asian stock markers crashed, that's crazy. What does this mean for the US market? The S&P, DOW and Nasdaq all seem to have gone down by an average of 3% at the moment.

The DOW tumbled down 500 points and then started to rebound. Overall it probably won't have any real effect on America.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/25/2016, 4:07 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:I just saw this on the news this morning. European and Asian stock markers crashed, that's crazy. What does this mean for the US market? The S&P, DOW and Nasdaq all seem to have gone down by an average of 3% at the moment.

The DOW tumbled down 500 points and then started to rebound. Overall it probably won't have any real effect on America.

It closed at 610 on Friday but I don't know where it'll end up by Monday night. What do people pay attention to, the DOW or S&P?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/25/2016, 5:23 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:

It closed at 610 on Friday but I don't know where it'll end up by Monday night. What do people pay attention to, the DOW or S&P?

It depends but most people seem to watch the DOW, I check both.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/28/2016, 3:06 pm

David Tennant Reads NSFW Scottish Tweets About Trump's Brexit Fuck Up
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/29/2016, 6:57 am

Fuck. Yes.

Just discovered that my residence is now eligible for decent broadband, and can ditch this expensive Wireless crap.

I should now be able to get a $90 a month/unlimited data deal, as apposed to my current $180/12gb ripoff (which I normally use within 2 weeks, if I restrain myself).

Fuck. Yes!
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/29/2016, 9:50 am

Awesome! What took them so long to make it available in your area? It sucks how you don't have more than 1 option for provider.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/29/2016, 7:09 pm

This is pretty funny. Vertical videos suck.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 6/30/2016, 4:18 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Awesome! What took them so long to make it available in your area? It sucks how you don't have more than 1 option for provider.

The original plan for the National Broadband Network (NBN) was to have the new cable directed to each and every house, and install a "box". However, that only works in highly populated suburban areas where everyone is bunched together. They never took into consideration (or flat out ignored) rural areas with houses hundreds of metres away from any infrastructure; or places like trailer parks, retirement villages, etc, with dozens, even hundreds, of residents. It would cost a tonne, and take forever (and they're also not as permanent).

Now they've decided on adding another option for such areas - called FTTN - which is installing the network up to the local 'Node' (essentially the telecommunications box for each section), and relying on the old copper phone wire to each individual residence.

Not as good, but a damn site better and cheaper than what I have now. So long as my current phone line isn't deteriorated (I don't use it), I should have it set up in a couple weeks.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/30/2016, 9:42 am

@joey con carne wrote:This is pretty funny. Vertical videos suck.

Yeah, not a fan of vertical videos either.

Rusty Cunt wrote:The original plan for the National Broadband Network (NBN) was to have the new cable directed to each and every house, and install a "box". However, that only works in highly populated suburban areas where everyone is bunched together. They never took into consideration (or flat out ignored) rural areas with houses hundreds of metres away from any infrastructure; or places like trailer parks, retirement villages, etc, with dozens, even hundreds, of residents. It would cost a tonne, and take forever (and they're also not as permanent).

Now they've decided on adding another option for such areas - called FTTN - which is installing the network up to the local 'Node' (essentially the telecommunications box for each section), and relying on the old copper phone wire to each individual residence.

Not as good, but a damn site better and cheaper than what I have now. So long as my current phone line isn't deteriorated (I don't use it), I should have it set up in a couple weeks.

Cool! A reasonable price too. I guess you'll be without internet during the transition.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum